ImageImageImage

Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 3 (Omicron & Delta Variants)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,839

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 3 (Delta Variant) 

Post#101 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:58 pm

Read on Twitter

Send the vaccines your citizens reject to countries (like ours) who want to be inoculated but have no access to supply. People here are getting sick and dying too. We're at about 15% fully-vaccinated and are getting shredded by Delta.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,941

Post#102 » by Parliament10 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:08 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

Send the vaccines your citizens reject to countries (like ours) who want to be inoculated but have no access to supply. People here are getting sick and dying too. We're at about 15% fully-vaccinated and are getting shredded by Delta.

Sorry to hear that Zoya.
Hopefully, the US and some other countries actually send some help your country's way.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
ballup
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,526

Post#103 » by ballup » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:12 pm

ddb wrote:
ballup wrote:
ddb wrote:
I feel the same way about you.

"There is no justification for taking away individuals' freedom in the guise of public safety." - Thomas Jefferson

And for the record. I'm not against you getting vaccinated. You have the right to make that decision for yourself, and for your family. I AM, however, 100% against tyranny and forced/mandating vaccines. And you should be too. There is a heck of a lot going on behind the curtains. You can say that some of my opinions on certain things "conspiracies" all you want. That's fine. One of the early "conspiracies" was that this was all about universal vaccination mandates. Gates partially behind it. Obviously there's a lot more to it. Getting to that magic 70% worldwide. And all of those conspiracies are realities now. There's a long list of examples like this.
So I'm assuming you never opted to have any of your children get the vaccines for Hep A, Hep B, MMR, measles, HPV, and the others in the dozen of vaccines that many schools require?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

that is correct. 2 of my 4 are completely unvaxxed and healthy as they come. older two I stopped after a scare that we had with my 2nd. she was talkative, smiley, energetic...at her 1-year well visit she had her shots....cried for days...became a mute...lost her personality, blank stares...lasted about a year. we stopped right then and there. fortunately, we stopped early enough as she has bounced back and is a beautiful, happy, smart 6 year old now.

You based your decision about a particular medical technology on a single instance correlation? That's a rash conclusion considering there are a multitude of factors that could lead to your daughter's change. Like idk, maybe the experience of getting stabbed by the people she trusts? Possibly compounded by her parents not handling this trauma right? Do you think that jabs are injecting depressed personalities into people or do you think they rewrite your DNA? I still don't get your line of reasoning when your daughter "returned to normal" afterall.

SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,924

Post#104 » by SuperDeluxe » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:25 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

This post deserves multiple And-1's for the video part. I'll save cloverleaf, ddb, Parasite, Cheezone and similar "patriots" some time by saying "I'll take my chances" for them. I hope all of them are still among us when the pandemic is over, in particular ddb whose inside info is vital for the survival of this forum.

As for the second part of your post, I echo Parliament. I'm really sorry for what's happening in your corner of the earth, Zoya. I'm ashamed that some people around here (Canada) are saying no to something most people in your country would give a kidney for. Here about 10-15% of the population are rejecting the vaccine, but luckily that number is slowly starting to go down.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,872

Post#105 » by Curmudgeon » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:34 pm

I don't have a problem with people risking death for their political beliefs-- which is what many of the unvaccinated are doing. But I do have a problem with the unvaccinated risking the deaths of others--including me and my loved ones--for their political beliefs.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
1st banana
Starter
And1: 3,030

Post#106 » by 1st banana » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:07 pm

ddb wrote:
exculpatory wrote:I have had to block him.
Lost cause.
Pathetic.

"There is no justification for taking away individuals' freedom in the guise of public safety." - Thomas Jefferson

And for the record. I'm not against you getting vaccinated. You have the right to make that decision for yourself, and for your family. I AM, however, 100% against tyranny and forced/mandating vaccines. And you should be too. There is a heck of a lot going on behind the curtains. You can say that some of my opinions on certain things "conspiracies" all you want. That's fine. One of the early "conspiracies" was that this was all about universal vaccination mandates. Gates partially behind it. Obviously there's a lot more to it. Getting to that magic 70% worldwide. And all of those conspiracies are realities now. There's a long list of examples like this.

You quote the guy who owned slaves to talk about freedom?

come on son
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,839

Post#107 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:09 pm

SuperDeluxe wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

This post deserves multiple And-1's for the video part. I'll save cloverleaf, ddb, Parasite, Cheezone and similar "patriots" some time by saying "I'll take my chances" for them. I hope all of them are still among us when the pandemic is over, in particular ddb whose inside info is vital for the survival of this forum.

As for the second part of your post, I echo Parliament. I'm really sorry for what's happening in your corner of the earth, Zoya. I'm ashamed that some people around here (Canada) are saying no to something most people in your country would give a kidney for. Here about 10-15% of the population are rejecting the vaccine, but luckily that number is slowly starting to go down.

We have our share of people who refuse the vaccine too. Our country isn't immune to misinformation on the net after all. But some of the hesitancy stem from not wanting the brand/product that's more readily available to us and where it came from (origin of vaccine is synonymous to "dinnerware"). Based solely on conversations with people in my immediate circle, some prefer the vaccines produced in the US (which we've been in short supply of) and they're not necessarily against being vaccinated per se. Others waited until other family members or friends or neighbors have taken it and didn't experience adverse effects. Some changed their minds soon after a loved one succumbed to the disease. But it can't be denied that supply (regardless of brand) is still a problem since I know of people who have been waitlisted for months and have yet to be contacted re their first dose. We also haven't started inoculating the general population (government is working through priority groups/levels).
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#108 » by ddb » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:18 pm

exculpatory wrote:I am truly nauseated by DDB & a few other completely uninformed, delusional & willfully ignorant dweebs who are currently posting in this thread.
What DDB has decided for his kids is really & truly an abomination.
You are the people who are perpetuating this pandemic.
And if & when you become seriously ill with Covid, you will be begging for the vaccine - but it will be too late.
You will also be using up an ICU bed - that a deserving patient may be denied possibly leading to his/her demise.

I want nothing whatsoever to do with any of you in the future in any way, shape or form.
Please block me because I sure as **** am blocking you all forever.
You are truly the trash heap of American society.
Sooner or later, the Darwin effect will enter some aspect of your lives, & you will pay the piper.
Survival of the fittest applies to both physical attributes & intelligence.
Some people are just too **** stupid to survive.
Ignorance combined with bravado is a lethal combination.

I'm afraid to get vaccinated...because then I'll have to be terrified of the unvaccinated.... That's a good one I heard recently....

By the way. You're a real a-hole. I don't usually say that to people, but it's people like you that are the real problem. Stop worrying about me and my health and the health of my family, and worry about your own damn self. You're poisoned by misinformation and it's turned you into a monster. an absolute monster. I have done all the research on both sides, long before covid. we have made an educated decision that we believe makes the most sense for our family. Have some decency and mind your own **** business. learn to respect others and stop buying into all the bull being pumped into you. clearly you'd be one of the Nazi's back in Nazi Germany. You're segregating normal, everyday, well educated, hard working people. Probably a lot of Celtics fans too....
You're a wild animal. Name calling and bullying people because they disagree with you? You're apparently some god that knows everything, right? I never once attacked you.

YOU SHOULD BE BANNED FROM THIS BOARD for being a complete a-hole.
Curmudgeon
RealGM

Post#109 » by Curmudgeon » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:20 pm

It's sad, really. Here you can walk into any CVS and get the vaccine.

We frequently visit the Azores. The Azorian authorities had made arrangements to get the vaccines from the U.S. The islands have a close relationship with the U.S. because there is an American airbase there, plus many Azorians who emigrated to the U.S. have second homes there.

But Lisbon said no, you have to get the vaccines from us. So now the Azorians are largely unvaccinated and the number of covid cases is rising.

"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
ddb
RealGM

Post#110 » by ddb » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:20 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:I don't have a problem with people risking death for their political beliefs-- which is what many of the unvaccinated are doing. But I do have a problem with the unvaccinated risking the deaths of others--including me and my loved ones--for their political beliefs.

I would just like to clarify that my decisions are not political. Yes, some politics are brought into the equation but ultimately this is a medical decision through and through. If you haven't noticed, Trump has also recommended the vaccine. So that narrative is out the door my friend.
ddb
RealGM

Post#111 » by ddb » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:23 pm

1st banana wrote:
ddb wrote:
exculpatory wrote:I have had to block him.
Lost cause.
Pathetic.

You quote the guy who owned slaves to talk about freedom?

come on son

product of his time. I'm sure you or people you know would have had slaves too. Especially, exculpatory. He would have had a bunch and bullied anti-slave folks.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#112 » by SuperDeluxe » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:29 pm

ddb wrote:
ballup wrote:
ddb wrote:

So I'm assuming you never opted to have any of your children get the vaccines for Hep A, Hep B, MMR, measles, HPV, and the others in the dozen of vaccines that many schools require?

that is correct. 2 of my 4 are completely unvaxxed and healthy as they come. older two I stopped after a scare that we had with my 2nd. she was talkative, smiley, energetic...at her 1-year well visit she had her shots....cried for days...became a mute...lost her personality, blank stares...lasted about a year. we stopped right then and there. fortunately, we stopped early enough as she has bounced back and is a beautiful, happy, smart 6 year old now.

I missed this post. Your daughter's scare sounds awful and I suppose I would've reacted the same way as you and would have a strong opinion regarding vaccines.

But you also said that you don't wear a mask. Does that stem from your daughter's scare too?
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 11,030

Post#113 » by exculpatory » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:44 pm

ddb wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:I don't have a problem with people risking death for their political beliefs-- which is what many of the unvaccinated are doing. But I do have a problem with the unvaccinated risking the deaths of others--including me and my loved ones--for their political beliefs.

I would just like to clarify that my decisions are not political. Yes, some politics are brought into the equation but ultimately this is a medical decision through and through. If you haven't noticed, Trump has also recommended the vaccine. So that narrative is out the door my friend.

Your comments about Nazism & slavery are beyond appalling.
I would expect nothing less from someone who has posted the utterly inane & ignorant garbage you have posted today.

Once again:

The COVID SCIENCE OPINION of a totally misinformed/obtuse conspiracist is to the COVID SCIENCE OPINION of an experienced, dedicated & well read physician as the hoop skills of a newborn are to the hoop skills of Larry Bird, Paul Pierce & Michael Jordan.

People like you are perpetuating this pandemic.
And if & when you become seriously ill with Covid, you will be begging for the vaccine - but it will be too late.
You will also be using up an ICU bed - that a deserving patient may be denied possibly leading to his/her demise.

I want nothing whatsoever to do with you in the future in any way, shape or form.
Sooner or later, the Darwin effect will enter some aspect of your life, & you will pay the piper.

Re-Blocked.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#114 » by SuperDeluxe » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:53 pm

exculpatory wrote:And if & when you become seriously ill with Covid, you will be begging for the vaccine - but it will be too late.

I wish there was a voluntary registry for the I-do-my-own-research people. I'd call it the "Ivermectin Registry." By registering, they'd state that they'd be exercising their right to not wear a mask, to not social-distance and to reject the vaccine, while renouncing in advance to any future covid-related hospital care (and waiving their right to revert their decision). I'd love to see how many of these "patriots" would sign up for that.
Curmudgeon
RealGM

Post#115 » by Curmudgeon » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:04 pm

SuperDeluxe wrote:
exculpatory wrote:And if & when you become seriously ill with Covid, you will be begging for the vaccine - but it will be too late.

I wish there was a voluntary registry for the I-do-my-own-research people. I'd call it the "Ivermectin Registry." By registering, they'd state that they'd be exercising their right to not wear a mask, to not social-distance and to reject the vaccine, while renouncing in advance to any future covid-related hospital care (and waiving their right to revert their decision). I'd love to see how many of these "patriots" would sign up for that.

They'd sign up, but the intelligent ones would get the vaccine on the sly and not tell their fellow cult members.

ddb
RealGM

Post#116 » by ddb » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:19 pm

exculpatory wrote:
ddb wrote:

Your comments about Nazism & slavery are beyond appalling.
I would expect nothing less from someone who has posted the utterly inane & ignorant garbage you have posted today.

Once again:

The COVID SCIENCE OPINION of a totally misinformed/obtuse conspiracist is to the COVID SCIENCE OPINION of an experienced, dedicated & well read physician as the hoop skills of a newborn are to the hoop skills of Larry Bird, Paul Pierce & Michael Jordan.

People like you are perpetuating this pandemic.

I want nothing whatsoever to do with you in the future in any way, shape or form.
Sooner or later, the Darwin effect will enter some aspect of your life, & you will pay the piper.

Re-Blocked.

Real classy you are. By the way, you're crazy if you think I'd ever go to the ER and take up an ICU bed or ventilator because of covid. Do you also want to talk about the covid protocols & ventilators? Vents are KILLING thousands and thousands of people. The way hospitals are approaching it is all wrong. You should know what I'm about to say because you're the most intelligent poster on this board.....it's the protocol for covid patients....never has a respiratory illness been treated this way. from the start it was all wrong. you treat the symptoms-nasal cannula oxygen, breathing treatments, steroids (anti inflammatories) or anti virals...NOT stay home until it gets so bad and go straight to venting lucid patients. Intubation/ventilators are a last case resort, not first choice. It destroys lung function... vents are meant strictly for last resort, unconscious patients. what's happening is hospitals aren't letting caregivers/family members accompany patients...many are all alone, many are scared and not aware that if they are put on a ventilator too soon it's in fact a death sentence. And in most cases these patients could have rehabilitated rather easily with the proper care....
La Flame
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,106

Post#117 » by La Flame » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:26 pm

You guys ever looked into the criminal history of Pfizer? They've been guilty of bribing doctors, scientific fraud, bribing government officials, misleading marketing, the list goes on. Also had to pay the biggest court settlement in history of over 2 billion.

https://violationtracker.goodjobsfirst.org/parent/pfizer

Or moderna's history? Why trust them? Japan sent over 3 million moderna vaccines back because they had unknown substances in them. There's atleast 3 people dead after being vaccinated with the now recalled batches. But we're gonna hear the same old "simply impossible that the vaccine caused it, shut up and take your jab"
Or what about jannsen, who had asbestos in baby powder for **** years.

All of them largely behind the opioid crisis aswell.

If you think these companies give 1 **** about you, when they've repeatedly shown they value profit over everything. Pfizer's own employees have admitted saying this is literally their inside policy, dollar over life.
If you seriously think they a **** about your health or well being, you are beyond delusional.

Why is natural immunity not considered anymore? Is it cause it doesnt sell? Everyone should have a choice regarding their body.

Let's not talk about the people making up covid mandates, here's how serious this virus is and how you must mask up https://i.redd.it/0ouppbbbphn71.jpg
This is a constant theme amongst them. AOC amongst others have been spotted doing this too. Rules for you, but not for me. Mask up slave. But they're face is on TV so they must be telling the truth right? Not like they're human just like everyone else and easily corrupted. Most of y'all have slave mentality im sorry. This has never been about your health. If it was about your health we would've heard from day 1 to start taking vitamins, exercising and on a healthy diet and it would have helped stop the spread.

Anyone wanna look up how many of them (esp in the congress) hold pharma stock? Or are awarded a nice seat in management after their term ends, just ask former FDA pres Scott Gottlieb.

And yeah, DDB is right, that guy is giving off major nazi vibes. Mengele would be proud. Get over it dude, vaccination is not the only and final solution.
ddb
RealGM

Post#118 » by ddb » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:30 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:

They'd sign up, but the intelligent ones would get the vaccine on the sly and not tell their fellow cult members.

So now I'm in a cult? My goodness. And I'm the delusional one.

Big Pharma is a trillion dollar industry. They control it all....everywhere. Obesity in the world, especially in America. Cancer skyrocketing. Healthy food sections at the store are 1 or 2 isles....the remaining 30 are all ****. Heart disease, diabetes, the list goes on and on. It all comes back to big Pharma.
Covid is, and has always been, and will forever be about $$, control, and driving a cause(s). I'm not in a damn cult because my eyes are open. And again, I'm not blaming you for getting vaccinated. I was vaccinated as a child. Never even thought twice about it. And I vaccinated my first born, and vaccinated my 2nd born until we had a real scare.......then we started doing extensive research into both sides, not simply looking at health boards and the top 10 results from a google search. If you ever have the time I would highly recommend you do the same thing.....I'm not trying to convince you to change your ways, or make you do things that you don't believe in.
I'm simply saying, don't tell me I'm in a cult, or I'm delusional, a bad person, etc because of decisions I'm making. It's disgusting how you're attacking me on a CELTICS board. This is exactly why I made the post about taking this thread down. It's dividing. and it's also VERY EASY for you to come at me and trash me, or anyone else that shares a view that's different then your own. I can guarantee you wouldn't be so loose at the lips in person...
Curmudgeon
RealGM

Post#119 » by Curmudgeon » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:31 pm

LOL, why have medical schools at all when we have the Internet and Facebook.

Every major American corporation has been guilty of bribery. The question isn't whether or not Pfizer and Moderna always wear white hats or care about you. The question is whether or not the vaccines work.

La Flame
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,106

Post#120 » by La Flame » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:32 pm

SuperDeluxe wrote:

Why are you shaming a drug that won a Nobel prize in 2015 and has been administered to humans billions of times and is widely regarded as a safe drug? Lol you're literally just peddling a braindead mainstream media narrative.

Return to Boston Celtics