ImageImageImageImageImage

Chris Bosh Hall of Fame Speech

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,158

Re: Chris Bosh Hall of Fame Speech 

Post#21 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:57 pm

I mean what was so memorable about his time here?

the management was meh, coaching was meh, the players they surrounded around him was meh. he gave us 7 years of his career. we didn't put a winner around him. I think that's sufficient time to put good players around him. I mean to go from that to instant contenders is black/white on what was more memorable iono lol he's not from Toronto and Toronto wasn't cool, back when he started playing other than being known for Vince Carter.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,722

Post#22 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:04 pm

You couldn't build a winning team with him as the #1. You'd need two more players better than him.

Nobody wanted to be under him, hence why nobody came.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,480

Post#23 » by OakleyDokely » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:12 pm

Bosh had some good years here but in the end, he isn't viewed as a Raptor by the general public and he doesn't view himself as a Raptor.

You can honor him in some way as he did score 10K points for the franchise, but he's not the type of player that will be remembered by the raptors fanbase, especially considering all the success we've had over the last decade. The Raps now have real accomplishments and players to celebrate who've embraced the city.
Blazing_royale
General Manager
And1: 1,959

Post#24 » by Blazing_royale » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:15 pm

No one gives a fook about Chris Bosh here.
Any Pokémon fans out there? Check out my Youtube channel jchucollection
MavCarter
RealGM
And1: 30,987

Post#25 » by MavCarter » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:20 pm

PD28 wrote:I've always been in the camp that he shouldn't get his jersey retired here, and I hope more people see why after this. He was a good player here, nothing more.

Was retiring chris boshs jersey ever really a discussion?
#Enjoytheride
MavCarter
RealGM
And1: 30,987

Post#26 » by MavCarter » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:22 pm

I dont blame bosh for leaving we had terrible management and he had a golden opportunity to go win rings. Always found it weird how he decided to **** on us when he left though lol
#Enjoytheride
TOStateofMind
RealGM
And1: 21,324

Post#27 » by TOStateofMind » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:41 pm

Well its clear what he thought of his time with the raps lol, pretty much forgettable (aside from the all star appearances). It was still a well done speech ill give him that.
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,125

Post#28 » by duppyy » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:43 pm

Van Gundy added that he wasn't surprised to hear that Chris Bosh will join Dwyane Wade in Miami.

He said Bosh has been following Wade around "for two weeks like a lapdog."
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,891

Post#29 » by ItsDanger » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:52 pm

Professionally, he had to leave, our team was not good and wasn't going to improve. And for us, it set us on a rebuild path and couple of dark seasons (our worst attendance stretch ever). Just wish these players would show more class when leaving organizations, sometimes things just don't work out for variety of reasons. Other player during those years were remembered more fondly than Bosh.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,824

Post#30 » by lobosloboslobos » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:00 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:I mean what was so memorable about his time here?

things were hopping on this board for one thing...
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,158

Post#31 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:03 pm

lobosloboslobos wrote:

The waste-man thread lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
RaptorReloaded
Veteran
And1: 970

Post#32 » by RaptorReloaded » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:05 pm

Bosh’s rookie year was my first year as a hardcore Raptors fan. I was sold on the nbadraft.net hype. Shades of Duncan and KG. We could pair him with Carter. Man what a let down. Literally everything. Carter demands his trade. We botch an important draft. Flounder for a couple years while getting humiliated by Carter. Luck into the number 1 pick. **** that up. Put together a weird euro squad around Bosh for two first round playoff exits. Trade TJ for JO. Play .500 basketball for the first part of the season then proceed too punch ourselves and the rest of the league in the dick by trading JO to the Heat so that they can sign the big 3. Wtf
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,277

Post#33 » by Raps in 4 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:14 pm

Dude is the 4th/5th best Raptor of all-time. That's not really an indictment of his greatness either, just this team's poor talent level over the years. I can already see guys like Pascal and Fred passing him within a few years, hopefully Barnes too.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,480

Post#34 » by OakleyDokely » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:16 pm

lobosloboslobos wrote:

The memes were peak Raptors
raptorforlife88
Veteran
And1: 943

Post#35 » by raptorforlife88 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:38 pm

lobosloboslobos wrote:

Never forget the endless Jose Calderon vs T.J Ford threads. Some of the angriest arguments ever made on this board.

Also the time of the Rasho comic. You don't see that type of thing anymore.
Tacoma
Head Coach
And1: 4,885

Post#36 » by Tacoma » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:10 pm

the management was meh, coaching was meh, the players they surrounded around him was meh. he gave us 7 years of his career. we didn't put a winner around him. I think that's sufficient time to put good players around him. I mean to go from that to instant contenders is black/white on what was more memorable iono lol he's not from Toronto and Toronto wasn't cool, back when he started playing other than being known for Vince Carter.

This was my immediate thought as well, but then upon further thought, I don't think so.

The majority of his NBA career was in Toronto. He developed in Toronto and the Raptors gave him the opportunity to lead a team to build a resume that Miami eventually wanted. He would not be in the HOF without Toronto. And yet in his entire 17+ min speech, all we got was "I was drafted by Toronto" and then he developed a 7-year amnesia? Nothing else to be said?

I get it, his speech was about winning and we didn't win here and so we're dead to him. But then again, LeBron manage to take a lesser Cleveland team to the 2007 NBA Finals with Drew Gooden as his 2nd best player. He's no LeBron of course but in his speech, he said: "I was the one who had just lost a Championship in 2011." Ummm... no he didn't. He would not have sniffed the Finals without LeBron and Wade. He was the 3rd banana of the team that lost in 2011.

I also get that Raptors management at the time was terrible and they failed to build around him. But then again, what his career showed was he was never a #1 or #2 guy on a Championship team, so he's not a player to be built around in the first place. Not too many 3rd bananas make the HOF - which brings me back to: He would not be in the HOF without Toronto.
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,496

Post#37 » by bboyskinnylegs » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:49 pm

IMO the Bosh era was the darkest time in Raptor history. Even though we've had periods where we've had a worse record both before and after, and we were in the lottery for a few consecutive years after he left, and even had multiple years where we got swept in the playoffs later on. But we really were a complete laughing stock in the league during that time that I think was unmatched at any other point during our team's existence. It's not really Bosh's fault of course, as this is the time that BC tried to 'build a winner' here with increasingly dumb moves geared to help us limp into the playoffs and be unable to accomplish anything once there. But he's not completely blameless either.
PD28
General Manager
And1: 13,452

Post#38 » by PD28 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:12 pm

MavCarter wrote:
PD28 wrote:I've always been in the camp that he shouldn't get his jersey retired here, and I hope more people see why after this. He was a good player here, nothing more.

Was retiring chris boshs jersey ever really a discussion?
There were some fans who thought the rest of us were being bitter about Bosh. Even referenced Tony Allen's jersey retirement as a reason.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using RealGM mobile app
Parataxis
General Manager
And1: 5,304

Post#39 » by Parataxis » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:14 pm

Duffman100 wrote:Gee, thanks Bosh... really appreciate the love you gave Toronto.

It must be scary for him, being buried alive.

I have to assume that that's what happened, since he did promise that he'd 'Rep T-dot 'til they bury me'. What a tragic way to go.
edgehead411
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,142

Post#40 » by edgehead411 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:41 pm

Would love to know if there’s more to Bosh’s relationship with Toronto that we don’t know. He doesn’t seem the type to not at least reflect on this time fondly as growing pains at very least.
PM me if interested in writing about the Toronto Raptors!

Return to Toronto Raptors