Chicago/Houston yep DJJ series

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,829

Chicago/Houston yep DJJ series 

Post#1 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:46 pm

DJJ/$3M cash

for

Augustin/House

Houston gets $3M and a roster spot for House

Chicago gets a more playable forward in House and DJJ gives them another flippable salary/PG depth and it costs only money.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,298

Re: Chicago/Houston yep DJJ series 

Post#2 » by babyjax13 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:26 pm

I think Houston can move House for some seconds, and unless they hate having Augustin on their team, I think that is a better long-term outcome (not that either are that consequential).

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,921

Post#3 » by ChettheJet » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:32 pm

Bulls have no room or need for any more guards. Ball, Lavine, White, Caruso, before you even get to Green and Dosunmo, knowing if the need arose DeRozan and Troy Brown jr could slide to the SG. Augustin isn't the answer. House might be more playable at the SF that DJJ but DJJ can pay the PF and after starting all of last season at the SF P Williams is the choice over House and they still have Troy Brown jr at the 3. No go
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#4 » by babyjax13 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:13 pm

ChettheJet wrote:Bulls have no room or need for any more guards. Ball, Lavine, White, Caruso, before you even get to Green and Dosunmo, knowing if the need arose DeRozan and Troy Brown jr could slide to the SG. Augustin isn't the answer. House might be more playable at the SF that DJJ but DJJ can pay the PF and after starting all of last season at the SF P Williams is the choice over House and they still have Troy Brown jr at the 3. No go

House can play power forward just fine, he's 6-6 220 and very physical. He played 61% of his minutes at power forward last year per bbref.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,935

Post#5 » by K_chile22 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:20 am

babyjax13 wrote:I think Houston can move House for some seconds, and unless they hate having Augustin on their team, I think that is a better long-term outcome (not that either are that consequential).

yeah, this feels like giving up a small asset in house for free unless they really like DJJ, which I do not
Texas Chuck

Post#6 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:27 am

K_chile22 wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:I think Houston can move House for some seconds, and unless they hate having Augustin on their team, I think that is a better long-term outcome (not that either are that consequential).

yeah, this feels like giving up a small asset in house for free unless they really like DJJ, which I do not

Straight cash homey. $3M (assuming they fill the roster spot with a rookie minimum) is worth a decent 2nd round pick.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#7 » by babyjax13 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:37 am

Texas Chuck wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:

Straight cash homey. $3M (assuming they fill the roster spot with a rookie minimum) is worth a decent 2nd round pick.

See, but seconds always have liquidity in seconds, cash is a finite resource, you can only receive so much. I'd rather have the seconds and be able to get the cash when I want it - were I going that route - rather than trade Augustin and House simply to save the value of House's contract. I honestly think you could find a team that would take him without sending out salary, plus send a second (probably not a great one, but still a second) and then you've achieved the same thing while still having a backup point guard (but please god, I really want Augustin to have a chance at playing on a good team).

JColl
Texas Chuck

Post#8 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:39 am

babyjax13 wrote:
See, but seconds always have liquidity in seconds, cash is a finite resource, you can only receive so much. I'd rather have the seconds and be able to get the cash when I want it - were I going that route .

No question that is better for Houston. I didn't feel great about asking Chicago to tie up an extra roster spot and give up the 2nd so I tried the cash.

Sounds like this was just a miss though. That's why I volume shot the DJJ proposals. 8-)
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#9 » by babyjax13 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:41 am

Texas Chuck wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
See, but seconds always have liquidity in seconds, cash is a finite resource, you can only receive so much. I'd rather have the seconds and be able to get the cash when I want it - were I going that route .

No question that is better for Houston. I didn't feel great about asking Chicago to tie up an extra roster spot and give up the 2nd so I tried the cash.

Sounds like this was just a miss though. That's why I volume shot the DJJ proposals. 8-)

I like the foundation of the Washington one, I think that one has a real shot to happen, tbh.

JColl

Return to Trades and Transactions