ImageImageImage

Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 3 (Omicron & Delta Variants)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 3 (Delta Variant) 

Post#121 » by ddb » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:33 pm

La Flame wrote:You guys ever looked into the criminal history of Pfizer? They've been guilty of bribing doctors, scientific fraud, bribing government officials, misleading marketing, the list goes on. Also had to pay the biggest court settlement in history of over 2 billion.

https://violationtracker.goodjobsfirst.org/parent/pfizer

Or moderna's history? Why trust them? Japan sent over 3 million moderna vaccines back because they had unknown substances in them. There's atleast 3 people dead after being vaccinated with the now recalled batches. But we're gonna hear the same old "simply impossible that the vaccine caused it, shut up and take your jab"
Or what about jannsen, who had asbestos in baby powder for **** years.

All of them largely behind the opioid crisis aswell.

If you think these companies give 1 **** about you, when they've repeatedly shown they value profit over everything. Pfizer's own employees have admitted saying this is literally their inside policy, dollar over life.
If you seriously think they a **** about your health or well being, you are beyond delusional.

Why is natural immunity not considered anymore? Is it cause it doesnt sell? Everyone should have a choice regarding their body.

Let's not talk about the people making up covid mandates, here's how serious this virus is and how you must mask up https://i.redd.it/0ouppbbbphn71.jpg
This is a constant theme amongst them. AOC amongst others have been spotted doing this too. Rules for you, but not for me. Mask up slave. But they're face is on TV so they must be telling the truth right? Not like they're human just like everyone else and easily corrupted. Most of y'all have slave mentality im sorry. This has never been about your health. If it was about your health we would've heard from day 1 to start taking vitamins, exercising and on a healthy diet and it would have helped stop the spread.

Anyone wanna look up how many of them (esp in the congress) hold pharma stock? Or are awarded a nice seat in management after their term ends, just ask former FDA pres Scott Gottlieb.

And yeah, DDB is right, that guy is giving off major nazi vibes. Mengele would be proud. Get over it dude, vaccination is not the only and final solution.

And1 X's 1,000. Thank you. Finally, someone that isn't brainwashed and verbally abusive.
ddb
RealGM

Post#122 » by ddb » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:36 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:LOL, why have medical schools at all when we have the Internet and Facebook.

Every major American corporation has been guilty of bribery. The question isn't whether or not Pfizer and Moderna always wear white hats or care about you. The question is whether or not the vaccines work.

I think it's beyond safe to say that the jury is still out my friend.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,217

Post#123 » by djFan71 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:37 pm

La Flame wrote: Get over it dude, vaccination is not the only and final solution.

You can absolutely have reservations about pharma companies - and any corporation - but in this case the vaccines appear to be very effective.

If not vaccines, what do you see as the solution? People are dying, hospitals are beyond capacity and having to make horrible choices on who to treat. How does it end without vaccinations and masks? Do we just let it run it's course, let whoever gets it get it and fight thru it and not worry about 1% of them dying, and the long term effects for others, and overcrowded hospitals in the meantime?
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,871

Post#124 » by SuperDeluxe » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:38 pm

La Flame wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:
exculpatory wrote:And if & when you become seriously ill with Covid, you will be begging for the vaccine - but it will be too late.
You will also be using up an ICU bed - that a deserving patient may be denied possibly leading to his/her demise.

I wish there was a voluntary registry for the I-do-my-own-research people. I'd call it the "Ivermectin Registry." By registering, they'd state that they'd be exercising their right to not wear a mask, to not social-distance and to reject the vaccine, while renouncing in advance to any future covid-related hospital care (and waiving their right to revert their decision). I'd love to see how many of these "patriots" would sign up for that.

Why are you shaming a drug that won a Nobel prize in 2015 and has been administered to humans billions of times and is widely regarded as a safe drug? Lol you're literally just peddling a braindead mainstream media narrative.

I'm not shaming the drug but its use to treat covid, since there's no known science saying it produces results. If you can point me to any reputable source saying that ivermectin cures covid (or at least helps to reduce its symptoms), maybe I can get educated.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,749

Post#125 » by Curmudgeon » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:38 pm

Well, death is always the final solution, isn't it?
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
ddb
RealGM

Post#126 » by ddb » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:46 pm

La Flame wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:
exculpatory wrote:And if & when you become seriously ill with Covid, you will be begging for the vaccine - but it will be too late.
You will also be using up an ICU bed - that a deserving patient may be denied possibly leading to his/her demise.

I wish there was a voluntary registry for the I-do-my-own-research people. I'd call it the "Ivermectin Registry." By registering, they'd state that they'd be exercising their right to not wear a mask, to not social-distance and to reject the vaccine, while renouncing in advance to any future covid-related hospital care (and waiving their right to revert their decision). I'd love to see how many of these "patriots" would sign up for that.

Why are you shaming a drug that won a Nobel prize in 2015 and has been administered to humans billions of times and is widely regarded as a safe drug? Lol you're literally just peddling a braindead mainstream media narrative.

these are the people we're dealing with. Wasn't until Joe Rogan posted his video about his recovery that the media started pushing the new narrative. Rogan was a problem because of his MASSIVE following. he needed to be discredited ASAP....apparently, it worked! you know, main stream media/big tech. easy to do these days.
ddb
RealGM

Post#127 » by ddb » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:49 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:Well, death is always the final solution, isn't it?

For sure. I guess it's all about how we choose to live our lives.
ddb
RealGM

Post#128 » by ddb » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:51 pm

Okay, I need to get back to work and finish up a contract for Loyola Marymount University. I've wasted far too much time today on here sticking up for myself and millions upon millions of others. And yes, I'm purposely name dropping so that the bullies realize that I'm not some unvaccinated monster. I'm a real human being. not some Q cult guy
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,749

Post#129 » by Curmudgeon » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:57 pm

ddb wrote:

So it doesn't bother you that by going unvaccinated you may be choosing for others?
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West

"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells

"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#130 » by SuperDeluxe » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:57 pm

ddb wrote:Okay, I need to get back to work and finish up a contract for Loyola Marymount University. I've wasted far too much time today on here sticking up for myself and millions upon millions of others. And yes, I'm purposely name dropping so that the bullies realize that I'm not some unvaccinated monster. I'm a real human being. not some Q cult guy

Thank you for doing the Lord's work typing contracts, while we the brainwashed sheep here try to save others from dying.
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 8,980

Post#131 » by Bad-Thoma » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:08 pm

I know this won't mean **** to the anti-vaxxers as there really is no getting through to them but this is why part of me understands the mentality. My last dog was a sweet natured pitbull mix named Sally. At about 6 years old Sally developed seizures, she had some sort of degenerative brain condition. The really **** up thing is the first seizure, which seemed to happen out of nowhere, occurred the night BEFORE a vet appointment where she was due to have shots. It's always stuck with me that despite all the statistical evidence, despite the history of vaccinations wiping out horrible contagious diseases, if that first seizure had happened one night later it would have been really hard to see it as a coincidence and I probably would have blamed the shots and the vet. I would have been dead wrong but it would have seemed like too large of a coincidence and I'm sure if I looked online for confirmation I would have found it with ease. 24 hours and rather than open my eyes to how convincing the correlation would have been for me it would have probably turned me into one of the people I'm rolling my eyes at right now.
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#132 » by jmr07019 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:23 pm

djFan71 wrote:
La Flame wrote: Get over it dude, vaccination is not the only and final solution.

You can absolutely have reservations about pharma companies - and any corporation - but in this case the vaccines appear to be very effective.

If not vaccines, what do you see as the solution? People are dying, hospitals are beyond capacity and having to make horrible choices on who to treat. How does it end without vaccinations and masks? Do we just let it run it's course, let whoever gets it get it and fight thru it and not worry about 1% of them dying, and the long term effects for others, and overcrowded hospitals in the meantime?

Are people dying at an increased rate compared to other years? It is hard to say for certain since the CDC hasn't released data.

This says no.

https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/USA/united-states/death-rate

This says yes

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/dec/11/facebook-posts/chart-comparing-2020-us-death-toll-previous-years-/

Who to believe?

As far as I'm concerned adults should be allowed to make their own decisions. The government doesn't need to treat citizens like little children. Everyone has had a chance to get the vaccine. The anti vax crowd has been abundantly clear and consistent on their stance. If they don't want it let them roll the dice. If they die they die. You know what will persuade the anti-vax crowd to take the jab? Seeing other anti vaxxers die. This is brash but hey if you are gonna go on and on about your freedom and your choice then you gotta be responsible for the consequences of your action. I'm pretty sure the anti vax crowd understands this and is fine with it. I may not agree with them but I believe in their right to chose. I believe in my body my choice.

On the other hand the pro vax crowd is quite illogical. You have the vaccine, you're protected, what are you worried about? Simultaneously praising the vaccine for it's effectiveness while being afraid of the unvaxxed is illogical.
Show Love Spread Love
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#133 » by SuperDeluxe » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:35 pm

jmr07019 wrote:On the other hand the pro vax crowd is quite illogical. You have the vaccine, you're protected, what are you worried about? Simultaneously praising the vaccine for it's effectiveness while being afraid of the unvaxxed is illogical.

Because it doesn't work like that, and there's massive amounts of reputable information about it out there. For starters, the vaccines are not 100% effective -- I'm double-vaxxed and still live like a semi-hermit. Second, the longer the virus remains in the community, the more community transmission there is, therefore the more chances it will mutate into new variants. The current versions of the vaccines may or may not be effective against new variants, so in essence this is a race against the clock.

While some exercise their right to refuse the vaccine, that clock is ticking. Like I said earlier today, some of the anti-vaxxers have been changing their minds here in Canada so vaccination rates are going up. But even if we reach a 100% vaccination rate in this country (which is of course impossible), it'd not be enough because this is a worldwide fight.
ddb
RealGM

Post#134 » by ddb » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:37 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:
ddb wrote:

So it doesn't bother you that by going unvaccinated you may be choosing for others?

I'm not. That's a false narrative. If anything it's the other way around. Vax shedding. Some of the most vaccinated areas and countries are the hardest hit with cases.
And again, I ask you. If the vaccine doesn't stop transmission, or infection, or hospitalizations, then what's the point? They say it decreases your chance of serious infection. Why are we mandating this vaccine that very clearly is not that effective? So you think that magically if 100% of the population gets vaccinated that covid will go away? It will not. That's not how virus' work. Listen, we can go on about this topic all day long..... I never got the flu shots either.... it's a never ending merry go round.....
so let's just say the vaccine works...it's super effective. even still it's only effective against a particular strain that's inevitably going to mutate. Which means boosters upon boosters....pills even. who the F knows what is coming down the pipeline if we all allow this to continue.
live your life the way you choose. surround yourself with only vaccinated people if you so choose. I don't know what to tell you. I was in Vegas last week living a normal life.
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,502

Post#135 » by canman1971 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:39 pm

jmr07019 wrote:
djFan71 wrote:

Are people dying at an increased rate compared to other years? It is hard to say for certain since the CDC hasn't released data.

This says no.

This says yes

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/dec/11/facebook-posts/chart-comparing-2020-us-death-toll-previous-years-/

Who to believe?

As far as I'm concerned adults should be allowed to make their own decisions. The government doesn't need to treat citizens like little children. Everyone has had a chance to get the vaccine. The anti vax crowd has been abundantly clear and consistent on their stance. If they don't want it let them roll the dice. If they die they die. You know what will persuade the anti-vax crowd to take the jab? Seeing other anti vaxxers die. This is brash but hey if you are gonna go on and on about your freedom and your choice then you gotta be responsible for the consequences of your action. I'm pretty sure the anti vax crowd understands this and is fine with it. I may not agree with them but I believe in their right to chose. I believe in my body my choice.

On the other hand the pro vax crowd is quite illogical. You have the vaccine, you're protected, what are you worried about? Simultaneously praising the vaccine for it's effectiveness while being afraid of the unvaxxed is illogical.

If a website ends with .net, move along. Never reliable. And I don't know why people (no vaccination) don't understand it's not about them, it is about them carrying the virus and as a result, it never goes away. It's about people taking up hospital beds for those who need them, but can't due to overcrowding.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,217

Post#136 » by djFan71 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:08 pm

Spoiler:
jmr07019 wrote:
djFan71 wrote:

This says no.

This says yes

Who to believe?

I appreciate you linking the death data from both sides. But, your "no" link has this big disclaimer up top:
NOTE: All 2020 and later data are UN projections and DO NOT include any impacts of the COVID-19 virus.

It's always tough to generalize, but what vaccinated people are worried about is: other people.

We don't want un-vaccinated people to spread the disease to children, or immuno-compromised people, or give it a place to continue surviving and mutating. And we don't want hospitals over-run with patients causing staff to be worn down and have to turn away patients and ration care.

I kinda hate mandates, tbh. But, they are necessary sometimes. I hated it when Seattle banned smoking in bars even though I'm not a smoker and didn't like smelling like smoke after a night out. I thought the bar owner's rights outweighed the patrons - if you don't wanna be in a smoky bar, don't go. But, I later realized there are also people who don't have that easy of a choice - bar staff, musicians, etc. Plus, the public health costs of having to care for smokers raises everyone's insurance rates, etc.

The same applies here, it's not just as easy as if you want a shot get one. Vaccines aren't 100% effective, and not everyone is able to get them (and the mandates have exceptions for them). So the people they don't work for have to rely on others helping them out. The people able to get the vaccine that don't are prolonging things and adding a preventable burden on our health care system in the process.
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 10,997

Post#137 » by exculpatory » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:36 pm

canman1971 wrote:If a website ends with .net, move along.

djFan71 wrote:

Hey guys,

Just came back to permanently block every single one of the 5 or 6 impossibly stupid and/or massively deluded and/or incredibly selfish dick wads - who I stupidly let ruin an hour of my day earlier.

I will never EVER have contact with them again - including one of the board’s best inside scoop guys - who unfortunately is the worst of the bunch. Their massive ignorance, their unwillingness to be educated by someone of my stature, & their unwillingness to even copy/paste some of my posts & links to show to a competent/well read primary care internist of their choosing to see what he/she tells them (as I politely suggested before the chat deteriorated) are intolerable & unacceptable for me. These morons are propagating the pandemic and I have given up trying to make them more informed. Hopeless.

And, in return, I get called a wannabe Nazi & a slave owner. Mind blowing. Intolerable. Unacceptable. These people, sorry to say, are at the bottom of the American trash heap. The combination of ignorance & bravado (“I am a non-medically trained idiot, but I have researched this thoroughly & know everything about it”) is a toxic/lethal combination. Pathetic. Tragic.

I know there are a substantial number of you guys who have appreciated my posts presenting the very latest in Covid science & medicine - almost always accompanied by a link to a very recent peer reviewed reference. And I will continue to intermittently provide you with the best science out there - as I have since Covid began.

Out!
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
GulagNate
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#138 » by GulagNate » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:20 pm

My own anecdote ... so my doc has graciously prescibed me IVM for Prophylaxis and been takin 18mg (in the form of 3mg Edenbridge IVM tablets) weekly (im 200lbs) since Dec 30 with absolutely no AEs, and by the Grace of GOD havent gotten the Wu Flu, and i do take other supps/vitamins ie NAC, Quercetin, D3, C, Flush Niacin/B3, Melatonin just to name a few. These Prophylaxis/Early Treatment Therapies in the form of INEXPENSIVE, SAFE, WIDELY AVAILABLE, EFFICACIOUS treatment do work. Its just a shame there absolutely NO $$$ to be made (IVM costs 3c a tablet!) and information on these are gettin Censored, Suppressed, Slandered, et al.

I'd like to be PROACTIVE and do EVERYTHING i can do to ya'know ackshually STRENGTHEN my GOD-given Immune System (that everyone has), along with tryina go to the gym 3-4x a week, exercise, do something, get movin, even go for a 20-30min walk daily, get that D3 from the sun, eat right, get 7-8hrs sleep so i can enjoy muh freedom and not wear any chin diapers and bein COERCED into gettin the POISONOUS KILLSHOT <---- ya'know STUFF that NO Social Media, the MSM, all the TV channels, Fraudci, all these Fugazi "pUbLiC hElTh oFfIcIaLs", all these 3-letter public helth orgs (WHO, NIH, CDC, FDA) EVER tell the general public. what do they tell you instead? u sick? go home quarantine yaself until ya blue in the face then go to the ER.

PS: and Yes on the Nobel-Peace Prize IVM has been around since 1980 (40yrs!) and has been given 3.7-4 BILLION DOSES Worldwide. Take a look at what the majority of states in India and Mexico have been doin and are doin! Test & Treat! :D

Real-time meta analysis of 63 studies
https://ivmmeta.com/

SuperDeluxe wrote:
La Flame wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:I wish there was a voluntary registry for the I-do-my-own-research people. I'd call it the "Ivermectin Registry." By registering, they'd state that they'd be exercising their right to not wear a mask, to not social-distance and to reject the vaccine, while renouncing in advance to any future covid-related hospital care (and waiving their right to revert their decision). I'd love to see how many of these "patriots" would sign up for that.

I'm not shaming the drug but its use to treat covid, since there's no known science saying it produces results. If you can point me to any reputable source saying that ivermectin cures covid (or at least helps to reduce its symptoms), maybe I can get educated.
GulagNate
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#139 » by GulagNate » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:21 pm

Real-time meta analysis of 63 studies

SuperDeluxe wrote:
La Flame wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:I wish there was a voluntary registry for the I-do-my-own-research people. I'd call it the "Ivermectin Registry." By registering, they'd state that they'd be exercising their right to not wear a mask, to not social-distance and to reject the vaccine, while renouncing in advance to any future covid-related hospital care (and waiving their right to revert their decision). I'd love to see how many of these "patriots" would sign up for that.

SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#140 » by SuperDeluxe » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:30 pm

GulagNate wrote:Real-time meta analysis of 63 studies

Thank you. I'm not a doctor (nor a statistician) so the language used on that website is way over my head. Still, I'm going to quote this from the front page:

•While many treatments have some level of efficacy, they do not replace vaccines and other measures to avoid infection. Only 27% of ivermectin studies show zero events in the treatment arm.
•Elimination of COVID-19 is a race against viral evolution. No treatment, vaccine, or intervention is 100% available and effective for all current and future variants. All practical, effective, and safe means should be used. Those denying the efficacy of treatments share responsibility for the increased risk of COVID-19 becoming endemic; and the increased mortality, morbidity, and collateral damage.

Please read it twice.

Return to Boston Celtics