ImageImageImage

The 2021-2022 I Wouldn't Trade Brown for Simmons Because He's a Clown Trade Thread

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

moonie_mcgee
Starter
And1: 1,794

Re: The 2021-2022 I Wouldn't Trade Brown for Simmons Because He's a Clown Trade Thread 

Post#221 » by moonie_mcgee » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:57 pm

Bohemian wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:
Bohemian wrote:
Haha! I like Queen but it´s not really the reason behind the nick. I was actually living in Poland some years ago and I used to have my own poetry blog online. I don´t remember how it happened, but I ended up applying for the possibility of writing sports articles in Celticslife. For some reason I chose the name Bohemian because I want to believe my life was a little bit like my writings: dark, moody and filled with nice moments at night: good conversations with friends, literary workshops, interesting concerts and all that stuff. So...I don´t mind Queen but I prefer harder rock or Metal music haha. I obviously admired Freddy Mercury and I recall his duo with Montserrat Caballé for the '92 Barcelona olympics as well :P

Bohemian Rhapsody is a cool song, :wink: I hope I wasn´t too boring telling the story of my ¨name¨ lol

Okay, gotcha. I like your reasoning behind the choice. I can barely form sentences so I definitely don't know anything about poetry but what made you shift gears to wanting to write about sports? People get so touchy when it comes to sports, I have seen the things some writers have to deal with in the comments. You must have thick skin?

I don't know if I know much hard rock or metal, but I'm pretty sure I know some if I knew what fell into those genres. I love music and I don't care what genre it is, good music is good music. I even listen to music in different languages and I don't understand a word of what's being said. The sad thing, I'm what I would call pitch imperfect and tone-deaf, but I know good stuff when I hear it! It's a shame I can't play any instrument either. I can vibe with ANYBODY and their preferred choice of music tho. No, it's bad, I was listening to The Kaboomers one day and my little cousin (about 8) was visiting and ran in and looked at me like I was crazy and started singing along. She was deadass weirded out because I knew the words too. Yeah, I have a problem, but it's Alexa's fault for getting wrong what I asked her to play. I have listened to them a couple times a week since that (good) accident about a year ago (maybe longer). :crazy: :lol: :lol: Music is probably the only thing I like more than sports. It would slowly kill me but I could live without sports. Without music? Go ahead and get my urn!

(sorry guys, I'll get back to trade talk :o :D )

I have always loved basketball, it´s another passion. So by 2009 or some time later, I wanted to write about the Celtics too. In hindsight I think I mixed the epic of the battle with sports. My Celticslife texts were about heroics, about KG and Paul on the good side and the evil LeBron and the league on the other. It was fun, but If I had to do it again now, I would choose a more objective angle. It was definitely post KOol Aid, and tainted green everywhere. I just wanted to write and encourage Celtics fan, that´s all :P

And about music, I agree 100% with you. Good music is good music. When I was younger it was all metal or rock, the rest didn´t matter to me. Now, I listen to many styles...jazz, classical...anything that can be inspiring.

I can play some bass, If you can sing then we almost have a band ;) !!

Can I join your band (song by The Creation). I'm no Al Jackson Jr but I play with power and can keep time. Love anything from the 60s. R&B, Mod, Beat, Blues, Soul you name it. Love the ones that were forgotten especially. Ever heard of Inez and Chalie Fox, The Monks, The Fleur De Lys. Love it all!

Edit. And don't forget Geno Washington, Steve Marriot and The (real) Birds.
That's the Way of the World
Bohemian
Analyst
And1: 3,308

Re: The 2021-2022 I Wouldn't Trade Brown for Simmons Because He's a Clown Trade Thread 

Post#222 » by Bohemian » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:01 pm

moonie_mcgee wrote:
Bohemian wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:
Okay, gotcha. I like your reasoning behind the choice. I can barely form sentences so I definitely don't know anything about poetry but what made you shift gears to wanting to write about sports? People get so touchy when it comes to sports, I have seen the things some writers have to deal with in the comments. You must have thick skin?

I don't know if I know much hard rock or metal, but I'm pretty sure I know some if I knew what fell into those genres. I love music and I don't care what genre it is, good music is good music. I even listen to music in different languages and I don't understand a word of what's being said. The sad thing, I'm what I would call pitch imperfect and tone-deaf, but I know good stuff when I hear it! It's a shame I can't play any instrument either. I can vibe with ANYBODY and their preferred choice of music tho. No, it's bad, I was listening to The Kaboomers one day and my little cousin (about 8) was visiting and ran in and looked at me like I was crazy and started singing along. She was deadass weirded out because I knew the words too. Yeah, I have a problem, but it's Alexa's fault for getting wrong what I asked her to play. I have listened to them a couple times a week since that (good) accident about a year ago (maybe longer). :crazy: :lol: :lol: Music is probably the only thing I like more than sports. It would slowly kill me but I could live without sports. Without music? Go ahead and get my urn!

(sorry guys, I'll get back to trade talk :o :D )

I have always loved basketball, it´s another passion. So by 2009 or some time later, I wanted to write about the Celtics too. In hindsight I think I mixed the epic of the battle with sports. My Celticslife texts were about heroics, about KG and Paul on the good side and the evil LeBron and the league on the other. It was fun, but If I had to do it again now, I would choose a more objective angle. It was definitely post KOol Aid, and tainted green everywhere. I just wanted to write and encourage Celtics fan, that´s all :P

And about music, I agree 100% with you. Good music is good music. When I was younger it was all metal or rock, the rest didn´t matter to me. Now, I listen to many styles...jazz, classical...anything that can be inspiring.

Can I join your band (song by The Creation). I'm no Al Jackson Jr but I play with power and can keep time. Love anything from the 60s. R&B, Mod, Beat, Blues, Soul you name it. Love the ones that were forgotten especially. Ever heard of Inez and Chalie Fox, The Monks, The Fleur De Lys. Love it all!

You're in :wink:
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,555

Post#223 » by Shak_Celts » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:32 pm

Bohemian wrote:
moonie_mcgee wrote:
Bohemian wrote:

I can't sing at all BUT I can direct you to people who can! If I were in the band we would have to call it Talent and the Hack (or sHak with an silent s)! :banghead: :lol:
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
moonie_mcgee
Starter
And1: 1,794

Post#224 » by moonie_mcgee » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:36 am

Shak_Celts wrote:
Bohemian wrote:
moonie_mcgee wrote:

I can't sing at all BUT I can direct you to people who can! If I were in the band we would have to call it Talent and the Hack (or sHak with an silent s)! :banghead: :lol:

There's an opening on keyboards :nod: Start with middle C and bang out some A E and G notes. We'll improvise!
That's the Way of the World
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 87,858

Post#225 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:46 pm

Read on Twitter
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,603

Post#226 » by Curmudgeon » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:49 pm

The only player on the hoopsrumors list who interests me at all is Frank Ntilikina.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,966

Post#227 » by cl2117 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:06 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'd take a vet min flyer on almost all of them if he had an open roster spot.

Think we're set for now though and I don't see any obvious trade candidates. Bruno/Romeo stick out as potential options, but think they'd rather keep Bruno for emergency depth and Romeo until/if he can stay healthy.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,641

Post#228 » by GoCeltics123 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:22 pm

Read on Twitter

Fischer essentially says:

--Washington trying to sell Beal on taking the supermax-esque money next year and asking out later if he wants
--J-Rich was in extension talks from the second he got traded here
--Kemba for Al talks were happening at the deadline
--General expectation around the league is Beal takes the money in Washington, but admitted that it's no sure thing at all
ballup
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,526

Post#229 » by ballup » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:55 pm

cl2117 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'd take a vet min flyer on almost all of them if he had an open roster spot.

Think we're set for now though and I don't see any obvious trade candidates. Bruno/Romeo stick out as potential options, but think they'd rather keep Bruno for emergency depth and Romeo until/if he can stay healthy.

Even with a spot, almost none of them are interesting to me. Maybe AB or Reddick as a mentor role, but both would be pushed out of the rotation if Nesmith keeps it up.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Spin Move
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,037

Post#230 » by Spin Move » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:34 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:The only player on the hoopsrumors list who interests me at all is Frank Ntilikina.

We just traded Kris Dunn, Frankie Smokes is the same player.
ballup
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,526

Post#231 » by ballup » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:45 pm

Spin Move wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:The only player on the hoopsrumors list who interests me at all is Frank Ntilikina.

A worse version some would say.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Curmudgeon
RealGM

Post#232 » by Curmudgeon » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:55 pm

Spin Move wrote:

Yes, but he's young and uninjured, plus the odds of him developing an offensive game are higher. And he would be cheaper.

"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,716

Post#233 » by sully00 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:19 pm

Anthony Brown can shoot it at least in college and Europe, 43% from 3 in 79 games over the last 2 years.
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,641

Post#234 » by GoCeltics123 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:26 pm

Read on Twitter

If we had traded Smart/Nesmith/1st/TPE for Gordon/Fournier, we would've had to pay them a combined $170 mil
captain green
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,664

Post#235 » by captain green » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:58 pm

moonie_mcgee wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:
Bohemian wrote:

There's an opening on keyboards :nod: Start with middle C and bang out some A E and G notes. We'll improvise!

I can sing got cds out and everything where we rocking lol plus I have a **** ton of instruments
Brown's #1 fan on this forum.
Bohemian
Analyst

Post#236 » by Bohemian » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:18 am

captain green wrote:
moonie_mcgee wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:

I can sing got cds out and everything where we rocking lol plus I have a **** ton of instruments

...and we have a band! :rock:
Bohemian
Analyst

Post#237 » by Bohemian » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:19 am

Apparently he is heading to Dallas.

Is IT signing with CSKA Moscow? If so, I think it´s a great move.
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,966

Post#238 » by cl2117 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:33 am

GoCeltics123 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Fischer essentially says:

--Washington trying to sell Beal on taking the supermax-esque money next year and asking out later if he wants
--J-Rich was in extension talks from the second he got traded here
--Kemba for Al talks were happening at the deadline
--General expectation around the league is Beal takes the money in Washington, but admitted that it's no sure thing at all

I think if I take off my green tinted goggles, it always seemed like the obvious outcome of the Beal situation that he'd take the supermax in Washington and then take things from there.

Harden forcing his way to where he wanted has to give him some confidence that he'll be able to control the situation even after getting that insane kind of money. Dame as well sitting in PDX on a mountain of cash, seems like he still can escape whenever he wants.

It makes sense for the Wizards to drop the cash and take it from there as well. The alternative is them back in the basement with not much going on, so it's a pretty clear path forward.

The ONLY way I see Beal getting out early is if the Wizards truly suck this year. If they are looking like a true bottom feeder, I can see Beal getting so frustrated and not wanting to waste another year of his prime that he asks out and pushes his way to a us or a contender. The gap in the money from what he can extend for in Washington vs. anywhere else is so significant though, it's hard to imagine anyone turning down that kind of money.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,318

Post#239 » by Triple7 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:55 pm

sully00 wrote:
TheMartian wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
I agree. The kid has upside. He was just not given the chance in Portland. He has the size, can shoot and post up. plus he’s buddies with Jayson. The clips got him for non-guaranteed deal. low risk high reward.

Precisely. He's the low risk / high reward player I was hoping the C's would sign, and seeing him accept a non-guaranteed offer from the Clips makes me wonder even more. If he'd have gotten a similar offer from the C's, I'm pretty sure it would have been a no-brainer for him with his best buddy on the team. Looks like there was really no interest in him from the get go.

The issue is with that is you risk pissing off your superstar because you have to jerk around his friend because he is the 15th guy on the roster. More trouble than it is worth. Use the friends thing to get a guy you want to come not to sign a guy who you are likely going to have to dump.

I agree that is a risk not worth taking. Also if Jayson wanted his buddy here, he would already be here. Jayson probably thinks he wouldn’t get the minutes here.
Curmudgeon
RealGM

Post#240 » by Curmudgeon » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:10 pm

Bohemian wrote:

Apparently he is heading to Dallas.

Yes, good signing by the Mavs. He's only 23 years old.

Return to Boston Celtics