Ben Simmons trades go here (and here only): Expect warnings if not following forum rules

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Re: Ben Simmons trades go here (and here only) 

Post#41 » by Tomjas » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:09 pm

BullyKing wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
Yep, totally. Sixers just simply don't have the assets to bridge the gap between Simmons and McCollum. If they didn't owe their 2025 1st, they could do four 1sts and 3 swaps with Simmons for McCollum and that MIGHT be enough but they don't so it's all for naught.

As the season goes on blazers defense gets blown up and billups realizes they need defense around the perimeter. i think you could get away with it . Remember they brought Billups in for defense.

Realistically Sac, LAC are the probably the best targets.

So what do you think? Something like Simmons, Thybulle, two firsts and two swaps for McCollum?

Congratulations

That’s the most ridiculous Simmons trade proposal yet

CJ is not more valuable than Simmons

And btw, Hield makes more than Curry & Hield COMBINED and it’s highly debatable whether he’s better than either of them while Bagley is a bench sitter

As for LAC, they don’t have anything
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,962

Post#42 » by shrink » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:14 pm

zimpy27 wrote:Wall would be a nice add for sixers and Simmons would fit well with Green and Wood.

Obviously their is a chasm between Wall and Simmons but what picks fill that chasm?

4 FRP is my thought

I actually think this trade has legs because Wall can help sixers win now while also being a walking trade filler in combination with the picks they have for next offseason if Dame wants to shake loose

Does HOU want Simmons? I heard this podcast back in June, here’s a good summary.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/basketball/can-ben-simmons-centerpiece-rebuilding-team

ESPN's Tim MacMahon had a few points to weigh in with in the discussion about Ben Simmons on the latest episode of The Hoop Collective. He said,

There’s been a lot of discussion about the Morey dynamic, but it simply came down to this. The Rockets felt like, ‘If we’re trading James Harden, this is a full-fledged rebuild, and Ben Simmons is not the centerpiece of a rebuild."

MacMahon continued -

"If they take Ben Simmons, the Rockets win a handful more games, and they are just, at best, on a path to mediocrity. They did not feel like he was a “build your franchise around this guy” kind of player. Now, they feel like they’ve got one of those guys in Jalen Green.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,496

Post#43 » by zimpy27 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:20 pm

shrink wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:Wall would be a nice add for sixers and Simmons would fit well with Green and Wood.

Obviously their is a chasm between Wall and Simmons but what picks fill that chasm?

4 FRP is my thought

I actually think this trade has legs because Wall can help sixers win now while also being a walking trade filler in combination with the picks they have for next offseason if Dame wants to shake loose

Does HOU want Simmons? I heard this podcast back in June, here’s a good summary.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/basketball/can-ben-simmons-centerpiece-rebuilding-team

ESPN's Tim MacMahon had a few points to weigh in with in the discussion about Ben Simmons on the latest episode of The Hoop Collective. He said,

There’s been a lot of discussion about the Morey dynamic, but it simply came down to this. The Rockets felt like, ‘If we’re trading James Harden, this is a full-fledged rebuild, and Ben Simmons is not the centerpiece of a rebuild."

MacMahon continued -

"If they take Ben Simmons, the Rockets win a handful more games, and they are just, at best, on a path to mediocrity. They did not feel like he was a “build your franchise around this guy” kind of player. Now, they feel like they’ve got one of those guys in Jalen Green.

I don't buy that, they already got their tanking piece in Green fortunately and now Simmons fits their team to perfection.

To play KPJ and Green together in with Wood they need a playmaking SF or PF.

They won't find a better fit than Simmons through the draft. Their team of KPJ, Green, Tate, Simmons, Wood would be set.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#44 » by Ballerhogger » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:44 pm

Tomjas wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:As the season goes on blazers defense gets blown up and billups realizes they need defense around the perimeter. i think you could get away with it . Remember they brought Billups in for defense.

So what do you think? Something like Simmons, Thybulle, two firsts and two swaps for McCollum?

Congratulations

And btw, Hield makes more than Curry & Hield COMBINED and it’s highly debatable whether he’s better than either of them while Bagley is a bench sitter

Morey lets get back to reality please. Nobody calling your phone 20x a day for ben simmions.
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#45 » by Ballerhogger » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:51 pm

the_process wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Offensively, he's not a bad #2 option - much like Middleton for Milwaukee.

correct plus punting is not option for 76ers if its let go of danny green , AD etc if punting is what they do

Punting is definitely an option. You just give heavy minutes to Maxey and Thybulle, and work Springer in to the rotation,

why punt your best franchise player prime year?
Tomjas
Lead Assistant

Post#46 » by Tomjas » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:07 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:
Tomjas wrote:
BullyKing wrote:

Congratulations

Morey lets get back to reality please. Nobody calling your phone 20x a day for ben simmions.

The Sixers aren’t trading Simmons for any of your suggestions

Get real
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#47 » by Ballerhogger » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:10 pm

Tomjas wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:
Tomjas wrote:
Congratulations

Get real

Your not getting star.
Your not getting Hof
You can however get a for good player in CJ AT BEST
Or you can waste joel peak year and when he demands out acted shocked.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant

Post#48 » by Tomjas » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:14 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:
Tomjas wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:Morey lets get back to reality please. Nobody calling your phone 20x a day for ben simmions.

Get real

Your not getting star.
Your not getting Hof

Ben + Thybulle + firsts is a Dame package

CJ isn’t Dame
NBD23
Junior
And1: 48

Post#49 » by NBD23 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:15 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:
Tomjas wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:Morey lets get back to reality please. Nobody calling your phone 20x a day for ben simmions.

Get real

Your not getting star.
Your not getting Hof

If they get C.J. he is asking out too. A capped out team that isn't one bit better then it currently is and can not bring in anyone of value. If the Sixers do any of the suggestions you threw out there it is worse then punting since Joel is going to ask out anyway and you are stuck with a big salary that is declining in ability.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,847

Post#50 » by kuclas » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:15 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:
Tomjas wrote:

Get real

Your not getting star.
Your not getting Hof

And Dame gets another wasted year near end of his peak years with Portland really not showing much improvement.

It’s at a standstill. And as Sixers fan. I’m not exactly sold on Dame either. He’s trying to conserve his body these days driving less to the rim.
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,151

Post#51 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:22 pm

Tomjas wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:As the season goes on blazers defense gets blown up and billups realizes they need defense around the perimeter. i think you could get away with it . Remember they brought Billups in for defense.

Congratulations

And this sort of reaction is why joke counter-offers are generally frowned upon here. BK wasn't being serious and intentionally fishing for reactions. I use the F word instead of the T word but you all know what's up.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,673

Post#52 » by the_process » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:28 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:
the_process wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:correct plus punting is not option for 76ers if its let go of danny green , AD etc if punting is what they do

Punting is definitely an option. You just give heavy minutes to Maxey and Thybulle, and work Springer in to the rotation,

Because they have no path to winning without a good return* for Ben Simmons. If they trade Ben for CJ, or Hield, or some other inconsequential player, they lose in the 1st or 2nd round. If they hold on to Ben and he sits out all year? They lose in the 1st or 2nd round. Zero difference.

Better to stealth tank a year. Jo “developing an injury” and sitting out while Ben is doing the same and most of the league is trying to win would put them strongly in the running for a bottom 5 record.

*obviously subjective, but going by 95% of the offers on this board, there is no reason to trade him. I don’t see the Sixers giving the dude away at any time within the next 24 months since he still has 4 years left on his deal.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,726

Post#53 » by gambitx777 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:31 pm

Wall would work but like I doubt huston is gonna add enough picks to make that happen!

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,082

Post#54 » by mademan » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:40 pm

the_process wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:
the_process wrote:

Because they have no path to winning without a good return* for Ben Simmons. If they trade Ben for CJ, or Hield, or some other inconsequential player, they lose in the 1st or 2nd round. If they hold on to Ben and he sits out all year? They lose in the 1st or 2nd round. Zero difference.

Better to stealth tank a year. Jo “developing an injury” and sitting out while Ben is doing the same and most of the league is trying to win would put them strongly in the running for a bottom 5 record.

*obviously subjective, but going by 95% of the offers on this board, there is no reason to trade him. I don’t see the Sixers giving the dude away at any time within the next 24 months since he still has 4 years left on his deal.

The idea that Embiid would sit out a year so that Philly could get a good pick is so far out there it's just crazy to consider it. Embiid, like any competitive player, has personal ambitions beside team ones, like winning the MVP. He's not gonna waste an entire season of his prime so that Philly might be able to get a good rookie
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#55 » by Ballerhogger » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:41 pm

the_process wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:
the_process wrote:

you were few buckets away from beating the hawks who by the way ran you off the court game 1 in the 1st... 42 to 27. CJ or hield helps with scoring.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,472

Post#56 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:51 pm

I try my best to ignore these threads, and I think I have done really well so far. Because the mod salary of 0 dollars doesn't make looking at this thread worth it more often than not it is always a train wreck between How many top prospects can we get and you will take my 8th best player.

But as the reports pile up faster than the pages in the thread let me try to be clear here:

1) Be reasonable.
2) Be polite
3) Be reasonable
4) If you cannot be reasonable, go for a delightful hike and post pictures on social media of your triumphs?
5) Expect mods to push back at the posts that seem unreasonable. If you post that Simmons = Love, expect a few tongue in cheeks or less polite replies. As mods we like to ensure there is realistic conversation. Sometimes people bristle at this notion of a mod consensus (claimed in the last thread despite I think only one active trade board mod posting, lol). More often people complain that yahoos get to post "Your best player (and picks from you?) for trash because it makes me happy. As with any trade thread, expect pushback if you start posting that a player generally viewed as good is actually negative value and you will accept being paid to take them (or similar).

At this point I'm going to relax and stop ignoring closing the reports and just giving warnings. If you think someone deserves one; make my life easy and report it. If you backseat moderate, expect someone to make my life easy and report you for a warning.

Thanks all. I will copy this to the OP so hopefully no one misses it.
the_process
RealGM

Post#57 » by the_process » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:00 am

Ballerhogger wrote:
the_process wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:

you were few buckets away from beating the hawks who by the way ran you off the court game 1 in the 1st... 42 to 27. CJ or hield helps with scoring.

Great. So they lose the quarter 50 to 35. That’s not progress.

And the concern isn’t beating the Hawks. It’s beating the Nets or the Bucks.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Re: Ben Simmons trades go here (and here only): Expect warnings if not following forum rules 

Post#58 » by bondom34 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:03 am

Funny thing about that is that the actual thing that brought the Sixers back into the series a bit defensively was switching Simmons onto Young I believe.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
the_process
RealGM

Post#59 » by the_process » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:03 am

mademan wrote:
the_process wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:

The idea that Embiid would sit out a year so that Philly could get a good pick is so far out there it's just crazy to consider it. Embiid, like any competitive player, has personal ambitions beside team ones, like winning the MVP. He's not gonna waste an entire season of his prime so that Philly might be able to get a good rookie

Jo isn’t winning any individual awards on a .500 team. The team has to be better to win individual awards.

The team could encourage Jo to have some elective surgery he could use. It’s not a perfect plan, but it’s a hell of a lot better than giving away Ben Simmons for garbage and then hoping by magic the team makes the Finals.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,082

Post#60 » by mademan » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:13 am

the_process wrote:
mademan wrote:
the_process wrote:

Jo isn’t winning any individual awards on a .500 team. The team has to be better to win individual awards.

The team could encourage Jo to have some elective surgery he could use. It’s not a perfect plan, but it’s a hell of a lot better than giving away Ben Simmons for garbage and then hoping by magic the team makes the Finals.

again tho, players like Jo dont just give up prime years for nothing. How does the convo go? "Sit out this entire year so that we MIGHT be able to get a good pick and we MIGHT be able to trade it for more help?"

Seems like a good way to have Embiid demand out. MVP level players in the prime of their career arent gonna be willing to sit out an entire season, especially when it could very well be in vain.

Return to Trades and Transactions