Ben Simmons trades go here (and here only): Expect warnings if not following forum rules

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,504

Re: Ben Simmons trades go here (and here only): Expect warnings if not following forum rules 

Post#61 » by zimpy27 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:27 am

Philly get: Wall + House + HOU22FRP + Best of MIA22FRP or BRK22FRP + Best of HOU25FRP or BRK25FRP + BRK26FRP
Wall, Korkmaz, Green, Harris, Embiid -- Maxey, Thybulle, House, Niang, Drummond
Philly can field a competitive team this season while taking on a bevy of picks and a walking trade filler in Wall. They get to compete and keep their options open for Lillard or another trade target.

Houston get: Simmons + Curry
Curry, Green, Simmons, Theis, Wood -- Augustin, KPJ, Tate, Sengun, Olynyk
Houston get a running mate Green and Wood that enables KPJ, Green, Tate, Wood to eventually be starters for their team of the future. I could see Curry going to a 3rd team.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,650

Re: Ben Simmons trades go here (and here only): Expect warnings if not following forum rules 

Post#62 » by stormi » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:27 am

bondom34 wrote:Funny thing about that is that the actual thing that brought the Sixers back into the series a bit defensively was switching Simmons onto Young I believe.

Ben played series changing defense and was a winning player on/off wise throughout the course of it. The Sixers are about to trade away a franchise piece, and get significantly worse because they've failed with roster construction for years.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Re: Ben Simmons trades go here (and here only) 

Post#63 » by the_process » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:56 am

mademan wrote:
the_process wrote:
mademan wrote:
The idea that Embiid would sit out a year so that Philly could get a good pick is so far out there it's just crazy to consider it. Embiid, like any competitive player, has personal ambitions beside team ones, like winning the MVP. He's not gonna waste an entire season of his prime so that Philly might be able to get a good rookie

Jo isn’t winning any individual awards on a .500 team. The team has to be better to win individual awards.

The team could encourage Jo to have some elective surgery he could use. It’s not a perfect plan, but it’s a hell of a lot better than giving away Ben Simmons for garbage and then hoping by magic the team makes the Finals.

again tho, players like Jo dont just give up prime years for nothing. How does the convo go? "Sit out this entire year so that we MIGHT be able to get a good pick and we MIGHT be able to trade it for more help?"

Seems like a good way to have Embiid demand out. MVP level players in the prime of their career arent gonna be willing to sit out an entire season, especially when it could very well be in vain.

“You just signed your supermax extension. The market for Ben is weak right now, and we cannot build a team to maximize you without getting a good deal for Ben. We need to wait this out. Someone will cave after a bad start. In the meantime… your knee was pretty rough in the playoffs last year, have you thought about getting it scoped to make sure it’s all cleaned out and cleaned up properly?”

Frankly, if they cannot get a good return for Ben, Process Part II is right around the corner anyway. Morey and Glenn won’t be making it to the end of their contracts.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#64 » by Devilanche » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:01 am

You have embiid who is definitely one of the better players in the league
Simmons could still need something substantial though probably not a regular all star level of player
You are paying Tobias harris a fair bit of dough for the next 3 years (?)

I don’t think you should be pressing the rebuild button anytime soon. Try for one more season or two before blowing it up. It will take a while to get this good again .if Harris is expiring sure blow it up but not now .
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,083

Re: Ben Simmons trades go here (and here only) 

Post#65 » by mademan » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:26 am

the_process wrote:
mademan wrote:
the_process wrote:
Jo isn’t winning any individual awards on a .500 team. The team has to be better to win individual awards.

The team could encourage Jo to have some elective surgery he could use. It’s not a perfect plan, but it’s a hell of a lot better than giving away Ben Simmons for garbage and then hoping by magic the team makes the Finals.

again tho, players like Jo dont just give up prime years for nothing. How does the convo go? "Sit out this entire year so that we MIGHT be able to get a good pick and we MIGHT be able to trade it for more help?"

Seems like a good way to have Embiid demand out. MVP level players in the prime of their career arent gonna be willing to sit out an entire season, especially when it could very well be in vain.

“You just signed your supermax extension. The market for Ben is weak right now, and we cannot build a team to maximize you without getting a good deal for Ben. We need to wait this out. Someone will cave after a bad start. In the meantime… your knee was pretty rough in the playoffs last year, have you thought about getting it scoped to make sure it’s all cleaned out and cleaned up properly?”

Frankly, if they cannot get a good return for Ben, Process Part II is right around the corner anyway. Morey and Glenn won’t be making it to the end of their contracts.

ya call me skeptical that Embiid, coming off an MVP season, will be willing to sit out an entire prime season. I honestly think he'd demand out before doing that
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,346

Post#66 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:34 am

Embiid takes real pride in being The Process. Like the whole experiment was a success only because of him(Simmons to a lessor extent, but mainly him). Doesn't make any sense to then convince him to be David Robinson for a year hoping for Tim Duncan. Especially since Tim Duncan isn't going to be in the draft and whoever is in the draft is unlikely to help Embiid much at all on the court only as a potential trade asset.

It's wild that the same posters who think Simmons sucks and thus can return nothing in trade think that Philly can't compete without him and thus should tank. Just makes zero sense to me.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#67 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:59 am

:evil:
stormi wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Funny thing about that is that the actual thing that brought the Sixers back into the series a bit defensively was switching Simmons onto Young I believe.

Ben played series changing defense and was a winning player on/off wise throughout the course of it. The Sixers are about to trade away a franchise piece, and get significantly worse because they've failed with roster construction for years.

How can you sit here and think he’s wearing a 76ers uniform again . He is never coming back .
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#68 » by BullyKing » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:05 am

Texas Chuck wrote:Embiid takes real pride in being The Process. Like the whole experiment was a success only because of him(Simmons to a lessor extent, but mainly him). Doesn't make any sense to then convince him to be David Robinson for a year hoping for Tim Duncan. Especially since Tim Duncan isn't going to be in the draft and whoever is in the draft is unlikely to help Embiid much at all on the court only as a potential trade asset.

It's wild that the same posters who think Simmons sucks and thus can return nothing in trade think that Philly can't compete without him and thus should tank. Just makes zero sense to me.

Sadly, The Process changed many in the fanbase. I say this as someone who is sometimes guilty of it myself. For many of us, The Process is the Sixers. I had checked out myself in the post-Iverson years because a team whose best player is Andre Igoudala is the definition of treadmill.

Then Hinkie traded Jrue on draft night and I was hooked. For better or worse this was at least going to be interesting. And the idea of championship or bust sort of gets ingrained in you where all you care about is having a starting lineup of nothing but 25 and under dudes all with all-star potential. And again, it's not like I don't somewhat agree with the mindset. Like when we talk about a CJ McCollum trade and you think about a team with McCollum and Harris as your 2nd and 3rd best players and yeah, I agree, what's the point?

That said, I'm definitely not as much of that mindset anymore.

Dirty Little Truth: I actually don't really care that much if the Sixers win or lose. My happiness in life isn't dependent on whether a team I root for wins a championship or not. I was able to watch the Eagles win a Superbowl with my father who was convinced he would never live to see the day. That is what was meaningful for me. Sports afterwards just aren't that important to me. It's entertainment. I like that the team I root for is good because that means more entertainment for me. But candidly, as we get to the later rounds of the playoffs, I'm almost ready to move on to other things in life.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#69 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:14 am

Texas Chuck wrote:Embiid takes real pride in being The Process. Like the whole experiment was a success only because of him(Simmons to a lessor extent, but mainly him). Doesn't make any sense to then convince him to be David Robinson for a year hoping for Tim Duncan. Especially since Tim Duncan isn't going to be in the draft and whoever is in the draft is unlikely to help Embiid much at all on the court only as a potential trade asset.

Hes gone if process part 2 start he wants to be looked at a all time great he wont do that rebuilding in his prime years
stormi
General Manager

Post#70 » by stormi » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:35 am

Ballerhogger wrote::evil:
stormi wrote:

How can you sit here and think he’s wearing a 76ers uniform again . He is never coming back .

How can you sit here and tell me I'm thinking something totally irrelevant from my post? Why are you quoting me.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#71 » by Tomjas » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:50 am

Neither Embiid nor Simmons will sit out the season
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#72 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:54 am

stormi wrote:
stormi wrote:

How can you sit here and tell me I'm thinking something totally irrelevant from my post? Why are you quoting me.

Ok ill put in simple terms sir.

Ben Simmons is not 76ers. He is gone. Your trading him to stay above water. Without him its lost season. You have to bite the bullet and find the best value for him. Or you might as well buyout danny green etc. If you don't want your team to compete this year let him rot at home. I mean embiid doesn't want that but that's what it going be when ben doesn't suit up at all.
stormi
General Manager

Post#73 » by stormi » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:03 am

Ballerhogger wrote:
stormi wrote:

Ben Simmons is not 76ers. He is gone. Your trading him to stay above water. Without him its lost season. You have to bite the bullet and find the best value for him. Or you might as well buyout danny green etc. If you don't want your team to compete this year let him rot at home. I mean embiid doesn't want that but that's what it going be when ben doesn't suit up at all.

Is this schizophrenia? I literally didn't ask and don't care.
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#74 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:05 am

stormi wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:
stormi wrote:

You are on public forum :lol:
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,203

Post#75 » by babyjax13 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:19 am

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:The Love/Osman for Wall based trade just makes so much sense now. Cleveland doesn't want to play Love, but he does not want to be bought out ---> send him to Houston where he's either a bit cheaper for them sitting on the bench than Wall. Wall and Houston want to part ways, but presumably he also isn't going to be bought out ---->send him to Cleveland where he is an upgrade as a third guard over Rubio. Could even be rolled into a Simmons trade.

Non-Simmons
Houston trades: John Wall, Danuel House
Cleveland trades: Kevin Love, Cedi Osman, Ricky Rubio
[not my idea] Rubio is even a nice fit for Houston. Cleveland runs with a three-guard rotation:
Garland 34/Wall 14
Sexton 32/Wall 12/Okoro 4 (assume Okoro is mostly at SF if they get Wall)

Simmons:
Houston trades: John Wall, Danuel House [48.2]
Houston receives: Kevin Love, Cedi Osman, Ricky Rubio [57.1]
Houston moves off of Wall, and gets back a point guard who makes some sense for them.

Cleveland trades: Kevin Love, Cedi Osman, Rick Rubio | Collin Sexton, Dylan Windler, 2022 CLE 1st (1-10, 1-8, 1-6, 1-4, unprotected) [$67 million]
Cleveland receives: John Wall, Ben Simmons [$77 million]
Cleveland massively upgrades their rotation, builds a defensive juggernaut who should very easily challenge for the play-in, if not a lower seed, while still having a ton of upside with a core of Garland/Okoro/Simmons/Mobley. If Okoro and Mobley develop as average three point shooters and they can add one elite shooter besides Garland, I think they are set.

Philadelphia trades: Ben Simmons [$35]
Philadelphia receives: Collin Sexton, Derrick White, Thad Young, Danuel House [$39.5]
Philadelphia trades Simmons for a really nice back-court that balances defense and scoring + two forwards who will fit well in their rotation.

San Antonio trades: Derrick White, Thad Young [$29.6], cash
San Antonio receives: 2022 CLE 1st (1-10, 1-8, 1-6, 1-4, unprotected), Dylan Windler [$2.3]
San Antonio moves their best player, but does it for what is likely a late-lotto pick or mid first + a TON of cap space they can sell for other assets (they'd have about $15 million in cap space after this).

I don't see CLE as a viable Simmons destination since the whole issue with him is he needs to be somewhere where there isn't a packed paint. What is he supposed to do sharing the court with Allen and Mobley? And John Wall is the point guard? Yiiiikes

Mobley would be the center. If Cleveland trades for Simmons they are going to deal Allen later, and Okoro as well if his shooting hasn't improve to acceptable levels. If Cleveland could have two elite shooters (Garland + someone else) and two players who hit open shots from 3 consistently (Mobley + maybe Okoro) I don't think they'll have serious spacing issues. Run some Simmons Mobley PnRs and force teams to decide to switch a shorter guy on Mobley and a slower guy on Simmons, or get punished by Mobley slipping the screen if Simmons' man goes under. I think it can work, you just have to decide that Simmons as a core piece is better than Sexton + Allen + maybe Okoro, and I think that math works out in Ben's favor.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
stormi
General Manager

Post#76 » by stormi » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:25 am

Ballerhogger wrote:
stormi wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:Ok ill put in simple terms sir.

Didn't ask * 2. Please stop harassing my quotes.
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#77 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:27 am

stormi wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:
stormi wrote:

Didn't ask * 2. Please stop harassing my quotes.

Ok I’ll block you have good day sir
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,346

Post#78 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:30 am

As promised by Whalers, warnings have been issued and we will quickly escalate from there. And let me be clear to all--joking about mental illness is never going to fly while I'm a mod.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,203

Post#79 » by babyjax13 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:40 am

stormi wrote:

That's not how I'm reading this post, I think Stormi is saying that the 76ers bungled up their roster construction and could have easily put together a nice supporting cast around Simmons-Embiid that maximized both of them, but didn't, so now they are in the unenviable situation of having to trade a dollar for three quarters.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#80 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:42 am

babyjax13 wrote:
stormi wrote:

That's not how I'm reading this post, I think Stormi is saying that the 76ers bungled up their roster construction and could have easily put together a nice supporting cast around Simmons-Embiid that maximized both of them, but didn't, so now they are in the unenviable situation of having to trade a dollar for three quarters.

well yea but CJ is better player overall i mean he can shoot well. He gives the 76ers what they need. Ben obviously couldn't do that. 76ers need move one while they can. Nobody wants player who hasn't played all season which this is turning out it might be. Ben isnt a worker he wont keep up with training at home. Hes proved that .

Return to Trades and Transactions