Wall blasting off who wants him ?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,648

Re: Wall blasting off who wants him ? 

Post#61 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:08 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
eminence wrote:Don’t really get CLE as a destination from Walls perspective, since they’re working together on it.
Right?

I'm absolutely floored people think the Cavs would take back John Wall.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app

I mean we showed our work.....

But if you start with the premise that Love is $60M of nothing or as near as, then it becomes pretty obvious. Add in Osman and now Wall effectively makes very little and he can be a rotation guard still.

You can be against this whole idea but let's not pretend to be floored. Lots of people itt like the idea even if you don't.

Edit: sorry this sounds more aggressive than I mean it lol. I just think as desperate as Cleveland now finally is to be done with Love this offers a solution where they don't buy him out at full price. They both save face and gain some on court value in the process. And if Wall has a decent year he could be bought out making the financial commitment maybe ultimately nothing.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,072

Post#62 » by jbk1234 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:18 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
eminence wrote:Don’t really get CLE as a destination from Walls perspective, since they’re working together on it.
Right?

I'm absolutely floored people think the Cavs would take back John Wall.

I mean we showed our work.....

But if you start with the premise that Love is $60M of nothing or as near as, then it becomes pretty obvious. Add in Osman and now Wall effectively makes very little and he can be a rotation guard still.

You can be against this whole idea but let's not pretend to be floored. Lots of people itt like the idea even if you don't.
This is as dumb as the Cavs looking to salary dump Nance. It's that implausible from the Cavs perspective.

John Wall doesn't play a position of need for the Cavs, doesn't fill any of our present needs on offense, can't defend the position, isn't looking to give back any money, isn't as good as he thinks he is, is a locker room malcontent, plays the same position as our best player, wants to start, probably doesn't want to play for a rebuilding team, surely doesn't want to come off the bench for one, oh, and he's on the worst contract in the NBA.

Yeah, let me get some of that.

I'd sooner wave Love tomorrow and pay him the entirety of his salary to play for the Lakers than trade for John Wall.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,691

Post#63 » by eminence » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:19 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:I mean we showed our work.....

Edit: sorry this sounds more aggressive than I mean it lol. I just think as desperate as Cleveland now finally is to be done with Love this offers a solution where they don't buy him out at full price. They both save face and gain some on court value in the process. And if Wall has a decent year he could be bought out making the financial commitment maybe ultimately nothing.

No worries on the reply Chuck :)

But I was trying to say I don't understand it from Walls perspective.
I bought a boat.
Texas Chuck

Post#64 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:19 pm

jbk1234 wrote:I'd sooner wave Love tomorrow and pay him the entirety of his salary to play for the Lakers than trade for John Wall.

Well you can't be much clearer than that I guess.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#65 » by Ballerhogger » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:42 pm

would the kings be interested in wall at all?

The kings get of to slow start they want push and trade buddy and barnes for Wall maybe get 1st out if it as well
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,261

Post#66 » by Godaddycurse » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:47 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:would the kings be interested in wall at all?

The kings get of to slow start they want push and trade buddy and barnes for Wall maybe get 1st out if it as well

you're a fan of the 4 point guard line up i see
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#67 » by Ballerhogger » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:48 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:

GUARDS UP! :D Throwing it out there . Wall off bench could be good?
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#68 » by gambitx777 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:54 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:OKC would probably take him to to the whole PG restoration flip **** they have been doing.
They take him in for a couple of seconds and he plays well they flip him in the summer to a team with some cap space.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app

I can assure you the OKC thunder would not take on $90M worth of a player they do not want for 2 2nds. Not to mention the substantial hurdle of how OKC could even trade for him.

But no, this is not close to a thing they would consider on any level. And what team is going to have $50M worth of cap space? And why is that team going to both blow it all on John Wall and pay OKC assets to do so?
With all do respect that actually is something they could and probably should do. Free agency is basically over and they have 33 mill in cap room and no one is coming there right now. They've done a it with CP3, Horford, Hill. Taking over priced contracts rehabbing their value with garbage time minutes and filling them for value.

As for the ability to do the trade they simply have to move favors and any other one contract on the team. They have several expendable pieces, deck, muscala, pokusevski, maledon, dort, brown Jr.

They can move some random contract somewhere else and trade favors to Huston or trade Huston out to some one else and the random contract to Huston.

Huston already said they aren't interested in trading a first to move him but a couple seconds or an extra first would be resonable.

So they dump two contracts they don't need and get wall plus some minor assets maybe some seconds and or the wiz first. Then they play wall for a year and if he does well they can flip him for more value in the summer, because the NBA has proven no one year deal is unmovable !

MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,037

Post#69 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:55 pm

gambitx777 wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:OKC would probably take him to to the whole PG restoration flip **** they have been doing.
They take him in for a couple of seconds and he plays well they flip him in the summer to a team with some cap space.

I can assure you the OKC thunder would not take on $90M worth of a player they do not want for 2 2nds. Not to mention the substantial hurdle of how OKC could even trade for him.

But no, this is not close to a thing they would consider on any level. And what team is going to have $50M worth of cap space? And why is that team going to both blow it all on John Wall and pay OKC assets to do so?
With all do respect that actually is something they could and probably should do. Free agency is basically over and they have 33 mill in cap room and no one is coming there right now. They've done a it with CP3, Horford, Hill. Taking over priced contracts rehabbing their value with garbage time minutes and filling them for value.

As for the ability to do the trade they simply have to move favors and any other one contract on the team. They have several expendable pieces, deck, muscala, pokusevski, maledon, dort, brown Jr.

They can move some random contract somewhere else and trade favors to Huston or trade Huston out to some one else and the random contract to Huston.

Huston already said they aren't interested in trading a first to move him but a couple seconds or an extra first would be resonable.

So they dump two contracts they don't need and get wall plus some minor assets maybe some seconds and or the wiz first. Then they play wall for a year and if he does well they can flip him for more value in the summer, because the NBA has proven no one year deal is unmovable !

I’d do it with three unprotected 1sts. There’s not one rational argument for seconds. Totally off base.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,521

Post#70 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:57 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:

I’d do it with three unprotected 1sts. There’s not one rational argument for seconds. Totally off base.

2 seems more reasonable. Or 3 with top ____ protection. Where ___ is debated fiercely.
HartfordWhalers
And1: 20,521

Post#71 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:58 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:

With 4 balls you are bound to score at least one. That is just math.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,530

Post#72 » by Devilanche » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:51 am

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:

I will settle for 2 unprotected + 1 lotto protected OR 2 unprotected + 1 swap that OKC decided (more beneficial to us obviously)

No way I’m giving up this much cap space this season and removing myself from anything next season for a couple of seconds.

If houston not interested in attaching a first to the trade they are probably limiting themselves to the Love range of trade returns …

I wonder if Wall balls out before the trade deadline would that inch him closer to trade neutral value or would he still be viewed as a slight negative ?

Note : contract expiring to a contender is hard for his contract
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,451

Post#73 » by jayjaysee » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:15 am

Is full circle Westbrook for Wall?

I think Cleveland has the most dead money, so they make the most sense.

I think Dallas is the most desperate so they make sense. But Dallas can’t really match salaries without KP. Which means dallas asks for Wood. And Houston shouldn’t sacrifice Wood’s value on Wall.. So don’t see much, I guess I’d say Dec 14th something like;

Wall and House for THJ, Powell, Burke? Where THJ ends up in Philly or somewhere for an asset to Dallas and Houston just settles for saving however much money.

That seems like a really bad idea for Dallas but guess it depends on what the asset is? Just a bad idea truly.
snowman
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 2,519

Post#74 » by snowman » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:37 am

I think Wall is going to Philly along with picks for Simmons and Green.
Texas Chuck

Post#75 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:44 am

jayjaysee wrote:Where THJ ends up in Philly or somewhere for an asset to Dallas .

Talk to me about what type of asset you think THJ returns starting this new contract. Right now I don't like the idea of this, but maybe you have THJ having a lot more value than I think he has?
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#76 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:03 am

snowman wrote:I think Wall is going to Philly along with picks for Simmons and Green.

Doubtful
LAL1947
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,620

Post#77 » by LAL1947 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:28 am

Wall ($44.3m) for Bledsoe ($18.1m), Kennard ($13.3m), Ibaka ($9.7m) works.

Wall/Reggie, PG/Mann, Kawhi/Winslow, Batum/Morris, Zubac/Cousins

I'm not sure if anything has to add... perhaps, LAC may need to add a pick or rookie, because:

LAC: Wall could help them more in the playoffs than the out-going three. What is the value to be placed on that? 2 years of Kawhi/PG are over, so I think the goal now is just to get that 1st ring rather than build a dynasty.

HOU: gets 3 pieces who are easier to move than Wall is right now... but are of no real use to them. Bledsoe and Ibaka are negative contracts IMO. Kennard could net some small asset in a trade over the next season or two. Plus they still have to move House and Gordon. So they now have 5 role-playing guys to move instead of 2. Is the extra headache of this enough reason for them to not pay to get off Wall's contract here? The Wiz got Kuzma, Harrell, KCP and the 22nd pick for Westbrook.

^ Just my take as a casual, so don't throw stones at the reasoning because I admit to not being good with trades... but do let me know me if there's holes in that take. :P
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#78 » by gambitx777 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:36 am

Devilanche wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:With all do respect that actually is something they could and probably should do. Free agency is basically over and they have 33 mill in cap room and no one is coming there right now. They've done a it with CP3, Horford, Hill. Taking over priced contracts rehabbing their value with garbage time minutes and filling them for value.

I will settle for 2 unprotected + 1 lotto protected OR 2 unprotected + 1 swap that OKC decided (more beneficial to us obviously)

No way I’m giving up this much cap space this season and removing myself from anything next season for a couple of seconds.

If houston not interested in attaching a first to the trade they are probably limiting themselves to the Love range of trade returns …

I wonder if Wall balls out before the trade deadline would that inch him closer to trade neutral value or would he still be viewed as a slight negative ?

Note : contract expiring to a contender is hard for his contract
I think that's a bit much I'd say a first and some seconds is fair because the goal is to rehab walls value and flip him for more assets. They've been doing this successfully. And even if they end up buying him out they get something where they had nothing. Favors isn't going to increase in value. Wall could. One year bug chonky deals always have some trade value. Let's say they get a first and some seconds then flip him to another team after he plays well for another contract to flip and another future first and you keep flipping.

Yenrallik1111
Sixth Man
And1: 329

Post#79 » by Yenrallik1111 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:04 am

Texas Chuck wrote:Wall/House/Worse of 22 BKN/MIA 1st(top 14 protected)

for

Love/Rubio

Rockets then buyout Love who even if he gives no money back will cost them less than Wall.
Cavs use Wall as a backup PG for a year then buy him out next year while pocketing a first round pick for their troubles. And they gamble he's healthy and solid enough where he gives back $7 or $8M which means they bought that late first pretty cheaply.

But yeah its a buyout. But a Cavs swap of problems just makes too much sense since Wall can actually play a role and Rubio's money is right there to match.

this makes no sense. especially with love going the other way. wall on the cavs and love on the rockets?? this doesn't solve contractual issues for either team. both players do not help either team's current positions. add a 3rd team crazy enough to take both with delusional ideas of the duo actually helping.
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,831

Post#80 » by ejftw » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:11 am

LAL1947 wrote:Wall ($44.3m) for Bledsoe ($18.1m), Kennard ($13.3m), Ibaka ($9.7m) works.

Wall/Reggie, PG/Mann, Kawhi/Winslow, Batum/Morris, Zubac/Cousins

I'm not sure who has to add something... perhaps, LAC needs to add a pick or good rookie, because:

LAC: Wall could help them more in the playoffs than the out-going three. What is the value to be placed on that? 2 years of Kawhi/PG are over, so I think the goal now is just to get that 1st ring rather than build a dynasty.

HOU: gets 3 pieces who are easier to move than Wall is right now... but are of no real use to them. Bledsoe and Ibaka are negative contracts IMO. Kennard could net some small asset in a trade over the next season or two. Plus they still have to move House and Gordon. So they now have 5 role-playing guys to move instead of 2. Is the extra headache of this enough reason for them to not pay to get off Wall's contract here? The Wiz got Kuzma, Harrell, KCP and the 22nd pick for Westbrook.

^ Just my take as a casual, so don't throw stones at the reasoning because I admit to not being good with trades... but do let me know me if there's holes in that take. :P

Clippers traded Bev, who was the heart of the team, for Bledsoe because of availability.

They aren't going to trade Bledsoe, along with Kennard, who they are HIGH on, along with Ibaka, who they need (assuming he's healthy) for a guy that is cooked. They would, at the least, need to send back Jayguup and Guruba or KJ to make this considerable.

Westbrook also got more than he should have, but the difference is, he's been an ironman as compared to Wall and the Lakers panicked. Wall is also more cooked than Russ.

Return to Trades and Transactions