ImageImageImage

Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 3 (Omicron & Delta Variants)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,760

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 3 (Delta Variant) 

Post#141 » by Curmudgeon » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:31 pm

Pseudo science. You could have given the subjects orange juice and the results would have been the same.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,217

Post#142 » by djFan71 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:50 pm

Spoiler:
exculpatory wrote:
canman1971 wrote:If a website ends with .net, move along.

djFan71 wrote:

Hey guys,

Just came back to permanently block every single one of the 5 or 6 impossibly stupid and/or massively deluded and/or incredibly selfish dick wads - who I stupidly let ruin an hour of my day earlier.

I will never EVER have contact with them again - including one of the board’s best inside scoop guys - who unfortunately is the worst of the bunch. Their massive ignorance, their unwillingness to be educated by someone of my stature, & their unwillingness to even copy/paste some of my posts & links to show to a competent/well read primary care internist of their choosing to see what he/she tells them (as I politely suggested before the chat deteriorated) are intolerable & unacceptable for me. These morons are propagating the pandemic and I have given up trying to make them more informed. Hopeless.

And, in return, I get called a wannabe Nazi & a slave owner. Mind blowing. Intolerable. Unacceptable. These people, sorry to say, are at the bottom of the American trash heap. The combination of ignorance & bravado (“I am a non-medically trained idiot, but I have researched this thoroughly & know everything about it”) is a toxic/lethal combination. Pathetic. Tragic.

I know there are a substantial number of you guys who have appreciated my posts presenting the very latest in Covid science & medicine - almost always accompanied by a link to a very recent peer reviewed reference. And I will continue to intermittently provide you with the best science out there - as I have since Covid began.

Out!

I'm glad you're staying ex, and truly appreciate all the info you've given.

To everyone: the name-calling (from both sides) has gotten worse the last few days, so let's try to rein it back in. It'd be great if it didn't descend to that, but it's where we're at. Mods have kinda just let this thread self-police itself and trust that everyone who engages knows what they're getting into and can handle it. And you have. It's been much more free-form than any other thread and we want to keep it that way.
cheezone
Freshman
And1: 70

Post#143 » by cheezone » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:23 pm

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMRxjmnBp/

Video of federal government telling us how mandating mask and vaccines are not legal and how it’s unconstitutional to ask if someone is vaccinated or not, but then again Trump was President so go figure
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,760

Post#144 » by Curmudgeon » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:40 pm

LOL, if you take a look at the individual ivermectin studies they are almost all flawed in some way. Results were not statistically significant. Experimental and control groups were too small. Many do not even mention the dosage of ivermectin given. Nor do they mention what other treatments were used or adjust for the placebo effect. If you want to understand the flaws, here you go: https://web.pdx.edu/~stipakb/download/PA555/ResearchDesign.html

What this research shows is that covid doesn't kill everyone and that early intervention helps. Duh.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West

"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells

"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#145 » by return2glory » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:07 am

exculpatory wrote:I have had to block him.
Lost cause.
Pathetic.

Dr or not, you come across as an unhappy, angry person.

You can get your point across without calling people idiots and morons in every post.
You are trying too hard to prove a point. There are plenty of physicians and scientist who think the
opposite of you. That doesn't make them morons, nor those it make you one. Try being a little nicer
without attacking people. It's better for your health.

You are trying to educate and help people. But that the same time you come across as a person who dislikes
a lot of people and put people down and call them names on a regular basis. Being a professional doesn't
stop when you're off the clock.
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#146 » by ddb » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:11 am

exculpatory wrote:

djFan71 wrote:

Hey guys,

Just came back to permanently block every single one of the 5 or 6 impossibly stupid and/or massively deluded and/or incredibly selfish dick wads - who I stupidly let ruin an hour of my day earlier.

I will never EVER have contact with them again - including one of the board’s best inside scoop guys - who unfortunately is the worst of the bunch. Their massive ignorance, their unwillingness to be educated by someone of my stature, & their unwillingness to even copy/paste some of my posts & links to show to a competent/well read primary care internist of their choosing to see what he/she tells them (as I politely suggested before the chat deteriorated) are intolerable & unacceptable for me. These morons are propagating the pandemic and I have given up trying to make them more informed. Hopeless.

And, in return, I get called a wannabe Nazi & a slave owner. Mind blowing. Intolerable. Unacceptable. These people, sorry to say, are at the bottom of the American trash heap. The combination of ignorance & bravado (“I am a non-medically trained idiot, but I have researched this thoroughly & know everything about it”) is a toxic/lethal combination. Pathetic. Tragic.

I know there are a substantial number of you guys who have appreciated my posts presenting the very latest in Covid science & medicine - almost always accompanied by a link to a very recent peer reviewed reference. And I will continue to intermittently provide you with the best science out there - as I have since Covid began.

Out!

All I just heard was “I’m better then everyone else, I more arrogant then everyone else, everyone should listen to me because I’m more intelligent than everyone else……o, and did I mention I’m a gigantic a$$ Hole?”

Don’t you worry. There will be massive numbers of alive, healthy, unvaccinated people in the years to come…..the narrative will continue to change from the top, because it will have to to save face. it already has. Since the vaccine doesn’t work it is now the unvaccinated people killing vaccinated people. Give me a **** break. Do you realize how stupid that sounds? Say it out loud. So why the **** would I ever get vaccinated if the vaccine doesn’t stop transmission, illness, death, or anything else. Not to mention we’re talking about a virus with a less than 1% mortality rate. And even that number is severely questionable.
By the way, what the **** are they even putting into your body? There are so many question marks and some (not all) of the guinea pigs are getting fired up because their shot doesn’t work. Now it’s my fault. What’s next?

What the **** else do you want to talk about??? You have verbally attacked me all damn day. I’m sick and tired of it. Are the mods going to do anything about it? Get the **** off this forum. You’re an arrogant ****.

I have a newsflash for you. Our world is filled with people from all walks of life. Different religious. Heck, maybe you’re an atheist. I don’t know. I’m a Christian. The list goes on. Different political beliefs. Different taste for food & music. Some people like blondes, some like blonde dudes. Doesn’t mean you get to aggressively come at them all day Ling because they believe differently then you, or feel differently about something then you.

This is why I said this entire thread was/is a bad idea. It’s like having a thread on religion or politics. It’s a recipe for disaster. It divides. This is a basketball forum, specifically here, a Celtics forum. That’s at least something we all enjoy and share. That’s where it should stay.
Ed Pinkney
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,068

Post#147 » by Ed Pinkney » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:37 am

This thread has gotten pretty gross, and not to backseat mod but people are getting away with saying stuff that I am pretty sure should not be able to fly. There is supposed to be Zero Tolerance and Personal Attack policies isn't there? I personally disagree with pretty much every single thing ddb has posted regarding the actual topic, but people are being unnecessarily awful because they don't agree with him when he (for the large part) calmly put forth his own personal views.

I understand this is a really important issue, peoples lives are directly influenced or at risk from this virus and the decisions that both governments and individuals make around it. But I am pretty sure the next time someone changes their opinion/stance/belief on a polarising topic based on being attacked, insulted, belittled or abused by someone (or multiple people) with the opposing view, it will be the first time.
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,502

Post#148 » by canman1971 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:47 am

I have good friends who won't get vaccinated. I don't agree with their opinions/views, but we are still friends and can agree to disagree. Lets try that here. At the end of the day, we will all find out who is right; who is wrong; Or possibly we are all right, or all wrong for that matter. Being kind can go a long way in one's health. Unless, of course, you don't hit the accelerator when the light turns green; then, you are just an ***hole and no need to be kind to that person.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,622

Post#149 » by Fencer reregistered » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:48 am

ddb wrote:
exculpatory wrote:

djFan71 wrote:

Hey guys,

Out!

All I just heard was “I’m better then everyone else, I more arrogant then everyone else, everyone should listen to me because I’m more intelligent than everyone else……o, and did I mention I’m a gigantic a$$ Hole?”

Don’t you worry. There will be massive numbers of alive, healthy, unvaccinated people in the years to come…..the narrative will continue to change from the top, because it will have to to save face. it already has. Since the vaccine doesn’t work it is now the unvaccinated people killing vaccinated people. Give me a **** break. Do you realize how stupid that sounds? Say it out loud. So why the **** would I ever get vaccinated if the vaccine doesn’t stop transmission, illness, death, or anything else. Not to mention we’re talking about a virus with a less than 1% mortality rate. And even that number is severely questionable.
By the way, what the **** are they even putting into your body? There are so many question marks and some (not all) of the guinea pigs are getting fired up because their shot doesn’t work. Now it’s my fault. What’s next?

What the **** else do you want to talk about??? You have verbally attacked me all damn day. I’m sick and tired of it. Are the mods going to do anything about it? Get the **** off this forum. You’re an arrogant ****.

I have a newsflash for you. Our world is filled with people from all walks of life. Different religious. Heck, maybe you’re an atheist. I don’t know. I’m a Christian. The list goes on. Different political beliefs. Different taste for food & music. Some people like blondes, some like blonde dudes. Doesn’t mean you get to aggressively come at them all day Ling because they believe differently then you, or feel differently about something then you.

This is why I said this entire thread was/is a bad idea. It’s like having a thread on religion or politics. It’s a recipe for disaster. It divides. This is a basketball forum, specifically here, a Celtics forum. That’s at least something we all enjoy and share. That’s where it should stay.

That's like asking why a basketball team should ever play defense if opponents are going to score sometimes anyway.

In fairness, for many diseases it is OK to believe in an oversimplified dichotomy -- they either prevent the disease or they didn't work, period. But for COVID, the middle case -- not preventing it but greatly reducing its severity -- is particularly important.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 10,998

Post#150 » by exculpatory » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:52 am

Curmudgeon wrote:LOL, if you take a look at the individual ivermectin studies they are almost all flawed in some way. Results were not statistically significant. Experimental and control groups were too small. Many do not even mention the dosage of ivermectin given. Nor do they mention what other treatments were used or adjust for the placebo effect. If you want to understand the flaws, here you go: https://web.pdx.edu/~stipakb/download/PA555/ResearchDesign.html

What this research shows is that covid doesn't kill everyone and that early intervention helps. Duh.

There is no chance any of this **** would be published in a prime time/reputable/meticulously peer reviewed journal.

The cows treated with ivermectin for worms have more medical insight regarding the science of Covid infection than our contingent of liberty-loving, public health-damaging, anti-vax, anti-mask & anti-social distancing morons.

The pandemic has revealed what many of us already knew - that a huge minority of the USA are mother **** idiots. Sad but true.

I do not wish serious illness on anyone ever (even the morons), but the Darwin effect is slowly weeding out the dumbest amongst us. Tragically, as you have pointed out several times, a small minority of vaccinated people (most of them either immunocompromised, possessed of co-morbidities or elderly who have responsibly done the right thing) will also suffer serious disease - a direct consequence of the irresponsible & callous stupidity of the unvaccinated horde. And variants worse than Delta will continue to emerge because of the unabated transmission, replication & mutation occurring predominantly in the same despicable horde. I pray that I am wrong - but I don’t think so.

The booster appears to be most advantageous in people over 60 - get it ASAP!
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#151 » by ddb » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:58 am

exculpatory wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:LOL, if you take a look at the individual ivermectin studies they are almost all flawed in some way. Results were not statistically significant. Experimental and control groups were too small. Many do not even mention the dosage of ivermectin given. Nor do they mention what other treatments were used or adjust for the placebo effect. If you want to understand the flaws, here you go: https://web.pdx.edu/~stipakb/download/PA555/ResearchDesign.html

There is no chance any of this **** would be published in a prime time/reputable/meticulously peer reviewed journal.

The cows treated with ivermectin for worms have more medical insight regarding the science of Covid infection than our contingent of liberty-loving, public health-damaging, anti-vax, anti-mask & anti-social distancing morons.

The pandemic has revealed what many of us already knew - that a huge minority of the USA are mother **** idiots. Sad but true.

There you go again. Name calling. Bashing. Dude, go get laid or something. My goodness.
exculpatory
RealGM

Post#152 » by exculpatory » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:10 am

After I completed my last post, I just noticed that one of our horde just posted again. The foe feature is great! I cannot see it & will not open it. :0)
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#153 » by Andrew McCeltic » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:18 am

the. doc's. bedside manner isn't P Pierce. level but. he knows his stuff
exculpatory
RealGM

Post#154 » by exculpatory » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:26 am

return2glory wrote:
exculpatory wrote:I have had to block him.
Lost cause.
Pathetic.

Dr or not, you come across as an unhappy, angry person.

You can get your point across without calling people idiots and morons in every post.
You are trying too hard to prove a point. There are plenty of physicians and scientist who think the
opposite of you. That doesn't make them morons, nor does it make you one. Try being a little nicer
without attacking people. It's better for your health.

You are trying to educate and help people. But at the same time you come across as a person who dislikes
a lot of people and puts people down and calls them names on a regular basis. Being a professional doesn't
stop when you're off the clock.

Thank you for your comment.

But you would be wrong.

I am usually a reasonably contented person.

I have posted many many polite educational posts appreciated by many of our posters.

And, today, I initially posted several very polite educational posts meant to better inform our uninformed contingent.

But then I did indeed snap a bit because I discovered that I simply cannot get through to some of these
people.

And I am therefore fed up & will stop trying.

And no, the vast majority of the most highly regarded ID docs, virologists, & epidemiologists on the planet agree with the excellent literature I am posting. LOL. It is their peer-reviewed publications in the best journals in the world that I am linking & summarizing.

PS In response to your last sentence, I will tone it down.
exculpatory
RealGM

Post#155 » by exculpatory » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:52 am

Fencer reregistered wrote:
ddb wrote:
exculpatory wrote:

Hey guys,

Out!

That's like asking why a basketball team should ever play defense if opponents are going to score sometimes anyway.

In fairness, for many diseases it is OK to believe in an oversimplified dichotomy -- they either prevent the disease or they didn't work, period.

But for COVID, the middle case -- not entirely preventing it but greatly/HUGELY reducing its severity -- is particularly important.

Fencer - excellent post.

I just highlighted your most important & cogent comment.

That is precisely one of the most important points the uninformed do not understand.

Thousands upon thousands more than the 1500 people currently dying every single day would be dying as well - if not for the vaccines.
ballup
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,526

Post#156 » by ballup » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:09 am

The same issues popped up when the Hydrochloroquin advocates were pushing for their miracle drug. Thanks for dping the painful work of having to sort through their nonsense

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
exculpatory
RealGM

Post#157 » by exculpatory » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:20 am

canman1971 wrote:I have good friends who won't get vaccinated. I don't agree with their opinions/views, but we are still friends and can agree to disagree. Lets try that here. At the end of the day, we will all find out who is right; who is wrong; Or possibly we are all right, or all wrong for that matter. Being kind can go a long way in one's health. Unless, of course, you don't hit the accelerator when the light turns green; then, you are just an ***hole and no need to be kind to that person.

Unfortunately, I am afraid I am correct, Can.

I wish I was wrong.

But, I will indeed tone it down.

I also do not plan to engage any further with our ‘uninformed subgroup.’

I will return to posting only the best science possible - as I have 95% of the time since Covid began.
GulagNate
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#158 » by GulagNate » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:11 am

make it make sense

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,622

Post#159 » by Fencer reregistered » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:22 am

exculpatory wrote:
Fencer reregistered wrote:
ddb wrote:

In fairness, for many diseases it is OK to believe in an oversimplified dichotomy -- they either prevent the disease or they didn't work, period.

But for COVID, the middle case -- not entirely preventing it but greatly/HUGELY reducing its severity -- is particularly important.

Fencer - excellent post.

I just highlighted your most important & cogent comment.

That is precisely one of the most important points the uniformed do not understand.

Thousands upon thousands more than the 1500 people currently dying every single day would be dying as well - if not for the vaccines.

The only excuse for the anti-vax ignorance is not understanding that highlighted point. But come on; the disease has been around for much more than a year, and the vaccines have been out for many months. People should take the trouble to educate themselves before committing to being stridently anti-vax.

Similarly, the only excuse for being anti-mask is to not understand a major corollary of the highlighted point -- one can be successfully protected by a COVID vaccine and still be infectious with the disease.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
exculpatory
RealGM

Post#160 » by exculpatory » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:36 am

GulagNate wrote:make it make sense

Read on Twitter
?s=20

The Delta variant is dramatically more transmissible.
Vastly more people (especially the unvaccinated) are masking & social distancing much less.

Return to Boston Celtics