the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,675

Re: Ben Simmons Trade Thread Part 4 

Post#1441 » by the_process » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:35 pm

Iverson Armband wrote:
the_process wrote:
Iverson Armband wrote: :lol:

If this was actually the prevailing thought around the league, the clown would have been traded months ago.

How much of that is the league, and how much of that is Morey waiting for a star though?

That’s valid, but let’s be honest, it’s been pretty clear for about a month now that Dame was staying in Portland for at least one more year (there has never been any credible evidence to support Beal, Lavine, whoever were ever close to leaving).

Agreed. But that’s the problem IMO. Morey either hasn’t come to grips with reality or is blatantly ignoring it.

I still think he can get a good package from Minnesota, Sacramento, or San Antonio that will help now and in to the future. It won’t be splashy, no big names. But rather a boring old springboard. I just don’t think he wants those types of packages and would rather wait. IMO that’s a mistake.

But the bigger mistake he’s making is still having Tobias on this team. He paid to move Horford, if you have to do the same with Tobias you do it. Cannot harp on the addition by subtraction theme enough with Tobias.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,063

Post#1442 » by Kobblehead » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:35 pm

sixers4real wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:How do they have Brandon Ingram falling 3 slots in a re-draft when he's developed into a near perfect offensive player?

Maybe because a nearly perfect offensive player has never been in the playoffs? I mean I like BI, but winning means a lot in these ratings.

These are 25 and under guys. The guys who have made the playoffs are simply the guys lucky enough to be drafted onto the right teams.

Ingram should go #1 in any re-draft.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,497

Post#1443 » by zimpy27 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:00 am

the_process wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
the_process wrote:
To turn Wall into Simmons definitely requires the full set of 4 1sts and 3 swaps, though. The only team that seems willing to make that kind of draft pick commitment is Minnesota. Here I saved Minny those swaps, and gave Houston two 1sts and another asset they can pump and dump.

This is a quick overview of their picks. I've bolded the ones Philly should get

2022 Houston first-round pick
2022 First-round selection from Brooklyn OR Miami (top-14 protected), whichever is higher

2023 Houston OR Brooklyn first-round pick, whichever is higher
2023 Milwaukee first-round selection
2024 Brooklyn first-round pick

2025 First-round pick from Houston, Oklahoma City, OR Brooklyn (Oklahoma City can swap its 2025 1st for Houston’s first-round pick, top-10 protected; after that is decided, Houston can swap whatever pick it has for Brooklyn’s selection, if desired)
2026 Brooklyn first-round pick

Meh. Color me less than excited about all of those except Houston’s own pick this year.

If they can incorporate a Harris for Wood deal into it, I’d consider it though.

I was surprised that you weren't impressed but I changed the bold pretty much immediately, you must have gone into edit as soon as I posted it.

This should be the pick haul

2022 Houston first-round pick
2022 First-round selection from Brooklyn OR Miami (top-14 protected), whichever is higher

2023 Houston OR Brooklyn first-round pick, whichever is higher
2023 Milwaukee first-round selection
2024 Brooklyn first-round pick
2025 First-round pick from Houston, Oklahoma City, OR Brooklyn (Oklahoma City can swap its 2025 1st for Houston’s first-round pick, top-10 protected; after that is decided, Houston can swap whatever pick it has for Brooklyn’s selection, if desired)
2026 Brooklyn first-round pick
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Iverson Armband
Starter
And1: 1,576

Post#1444 » by Iverson Armband » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:35 am

the_process wrote:
Iverson Armband wrote:
the_process wrote:
How much of that is the league, and how much of that is Morey waiting for a star though?

That’s valid, but let’s be honest, it’s been pretty clear for about a month now that Dame was staying in Portland for at least one more year (there has never been any credible evidence to support Beal, Lavine, whoever were ever close to leaving).

Agreed. But that’s the problem IMO. Morey either hasn’t come to grips with reality or is blatantly ignoring it.

I still think he can get a good package from Minnesota, Sacramento, or San Antonio that will help now and in to the future. It won’t be splashy, no big names. But rather a boring old springboard. I just don’t think he wants those types of packages and would rather wait. IMO that’s a mistake.

But the bigger mistake he’s making is still having Tobias on this team. He paid to move Horford, if you have to do the same with Tobias you do it. Cannot harp on the addition by subtraction theme enough with Tobias.

I think it’s as simple as Morey made a gamble, and as of right now it’s looking like he lost the bet. I don’t necessarily fault him for it, but that’s why it’s a gamble.

I think packages were likely acceptable (I understand this is subjective) before the draft, but he was in Dame mode (basically only agreeing to a deal if it was laughably in favor of the Sixers).

Problem is after the draft, teams are enamored with the allure of a fresh slate and shiny news toys, causing the well to run dry. Basically, we’re F’d and praying for a miracle.
always a jump shot away.
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#1445 » by IceManBK1 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:42 am

I'm rooting for a 3 way that can send Wall and Eric Gordon to Philly..But their contracts would require 76ers to send out multiple players in the deal. Maybe Wall+young player from Hou plus 3 1sts and 1 2nd from Min. though you guys would have to move Simmmons and other players out to match Salaries. Min would defly need to send out the picks to Philly and players like Beasley, Prince, Mcdaniels, and perhaps Maxey from Philly going to Hou.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,750

Post#1446 » by Stanford » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:52 am

I love that the players coming back keep getting worse and we continue to send out Maxey
the_process
RealGM

Post#1447 » by the_process » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:59 am

Stanford wrote:I love that the players coming back keep getting worse and we continue to send out Maxey

“Well, there was that one rumor that Maxey wanted out, so since that’s definitely true, let’s throw him in the deal as well to help Philly out.”
the_process
RealGM

Post#1448 » by the_process » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:01 am

Iverson Armband wrote:
the_process wrote:
Iverson Armband wrote:

I think it’s as simple as Morey made a gamble, and as of right now it’s looking like he lost the bet. I don’t necessarily fault him for it, but that’s why it’s a gamble.

I think packages were likely acceptable (I understand this is subjective) before the draft, but he was in Dame mode (basically only agreeing to a deal if it was laughably in favor of the Sixers).

Problem is after the draft, teams are enamored with the allure of a fresh slate and shiny news toys, causing the well to run dry. Basically, we’re F’d and praying for a miracle.

I still believe you could get Murray, Vassell, Aminu, and two firsts from San Antonio right now. That’s a good deal IMO.

I do not believe Morey would take that deal.
Iverson Armband
Starter
And1: 1,576

Post#1449 » by Iverson Armband » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:23 am

the_process wrote:
Iverson Armband wrote:
the_process wrote:

I still believe you could get Murray, Vassell, Aminu, and two firsts from San Antonio right now. That’s a good deal IMO.

I do not believe Morey would take that deal.

To me that’s a fair deal, but it’s not in line with the player value the referenced article falsely suggests.

Teams aren’t giving up their first or second best players for him because they know you can’t win with him as your first or second best player. Then moving along, why would a young, rebuilding team mortgage their future with a bunch of picks for that type of player? A lot of these franchises have gotten rid of the dumb GMs who would of made that type of short-sighted move.

Teams are offering 3rd best player on your team-style packages, because that’s what he is. It’s really simple why he hasn’t been traded.
always a jump shot away.
brannigan73
Rookie
And1: 593

Post#1450 » by brannigan73 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:06 am

To say teams are offering less for Simmons now then they were around the draft is baseless speculation. I honestly believe the floor for Simmons is something like Fred VanVleet and Boucher for Simmons or Anunboy, Malachi Flynn, and draft capital for Simmons or Collin Sexton, Ricky Rubio, and draft capital for Simmons. All are better then most of the stuff being tossed up around here lately.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,423

Post#1451 » by ecuhus1981 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:35 am

Hello everyone, I have another trade idea! As always, I welcome all constructive criticism. As a Nets fan, I'm impartial in this scenario. I just like to build trade proposals!

https://fanspo.com/nba/s/general/trades/15adIegfE7i--u/cavs-thunder-and-sixers

CLE trades Love/Sexton/23CLE1st/25CLE1st/27CLE1st for Simmons/Favors/Joe
The Cavaliers consolidate assets to bring in a young All-Star, who adds perimeter defense and playmaking.
Simmons, Garland, Okoro, Markkanen, Allen
Rubio, Windler, Osman, Mobley, Favors

OKC trades Favors/Williams/Roby for Love/Thybulle/Maxey/27CLE1st
The Thunder leverage capspace for quality perimeter prospects. They could rehabilitate Kevin's value, or negotiate a buyout and voila! More capspace!
Alexander, Dort, Giddey, Pokusevski, Love
Maxey, Maledon, Thybulle, Deck, Muscala

PHI trades Simmons/Thybulle/Maxey/Joe for Sexton/Williams/Roby/23CLE1st//25CLE1st
The Sixers trade Ben for Collin... but hear me out! This is a calculated pre-move. By acquiring Sexton now, they can negotiate an extension before the start of the regular season. If the right star became available mid-season, they could include him in the deal, and he'll be a more attractive asset since he'll be under contract for 4-5 more seasons. Normally, BYC would complicate a superstar trade because of the salary difference, BUT that's the beauty of this transaction. The outgoing salary is $40mil, and the incoming players fit neatly into the Horford TPE. Therefore, this deal creates a new, $40mil TPE! You could absorb Beal, Lillard, Ingram or any other star into that TPE, and send back Sexton and the Cleveland 1sts! It's no guarantee, but it's a smart risk to maximize Ben's value return and Joel's window.
Sexton, Green, Korkmaz, Harris, Embiid
Curry, Milton, Williams, Roby, Drummond
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
FlyingArrow
Starter
And1: 1,410

Post#1452 » by FlyingArrow » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:47 am

Love cancels out Sexton. So that's Simmons to CLE for 3 firsts. Cleveland isn't paying enough.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#1453 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:04 am

Stanford wrote:I love that the players coming back keep getting worse and we continue to send out Maxey

with all due respect time is not your side. The more this linger the worst it will look? i wouldnt trade maxey easily either but it may come down to him or Matisse Thybulle if this goes on until January.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,792

Post#1454 » by eyeatoma » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:06 am

Ballerhogger wrote:

with all due respect time is not your side. The more this linger the worst it will look?

Actually time is on our side. 4 years worth of time.
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#1455 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:07 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:

with all due respect time is not your side. The more this linger the worst it will look?

if wasting embiid prime is how you see it mean again will all due respect i dont see how that's a option. 76ers are close with ben they are not close enough with nothing in return.
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Post#1456 » by Sportfan73 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:25 am

Ballerhogger wrote:

with all due respect time is not your side. The more this linger the worst it will look? i wouldnt trade maxey easily either but it may come down to him or Matisse Thybulle if this goes on until January.

Okay please tell me why it’s going to come to them trading one or the other of guys that short of them accepting a qualifying offer and losing a bunch of money they have under team control for a minimum of 6/7 more years.
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach

Post#1457 » by Sportfan73 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:27 am

Ballerhogger wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:with all due respect time is not your side. The more this linger the worst it will look?

if wasting embiid prime is how you see it mean again will all due respect i dont see how that's a option. 76ers are close with ben they are not close enough with nothing in return.

That has nothing to do with them needing to move one or the other of two guys who play different positions and are complimentary players both on rookie deals. I’m sorry but no one is going to listen to anything you say or value your opinion at all with zero logic posts like that
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#1458 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:28 am

Sportfan73 wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:

Okay please tell me why it’s going to come to them trading one or the other of guys that short of them accepting a qualifying offer and losing a bunch of money they have under team control for a minimum of 6/7 more years.

A. If the idea to get all star that’s the asking price .
B . If it’s not then ok sell low then . Keep both , but it won’t be what morey been asking for so far
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach

Post#1459 » by Sportfan73 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:29 am

Ballerhogger wrote:
Sportfan73 wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:with all due respect time is not your side. The more this linger the worst it will look? i wouldnt trade maxey easily either but it may come down to him or Matisse Thybulle if this goes on until January.

B . If it’s not then ok sell low then . Keep both , but it won’t be what morey been asking for so far

And who is that star that Maxey or Thybulle will bridge the gap to when paired to a Simmons package?
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#1460 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:33 am

Sportfan73 wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:
Sportfan73 wrote:Okay please tell me why it’s going to come to them trading one or the other of guys that short of them accepting a qualifying offer and losing a bunch of money they have under team control for a minimum of 6/7 more years.

And who is that star that Maxey or Thybulle will bridge the gap to when paired to a Simmons package?

As the season goes we will see better picture but trading maxey and ben for CJ seems realistic. CJ gives you the offensive power you need . That’s highest offer I can see the 76ers getting by the all star break . Again the options are limited . You let him sit you waste a year of Joel . You trade him give up some value you have a better shot at the ECF or finals . Right now that’s the goal right ? With all due respect

Return to Philadelphia 76ers