ImageImageImageImageImage

I'm back! What's new in the city?

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,816

I'm back! What's new in the city? 

Post#1 » by cdubbz » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:01 pm

I'm back in the Bay Area for a few days and going to check out what's new in San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose the next few days. Any cool new spots to visit? I'm definitely going to pass by the Chase Center when I get a chance.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
cdubbz
RealGM

Re: I'm back! What's new in the city? 

Post#2 » by cdubbz » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:17 pm

Well not surprised the Warrior team store is not downtown SF anymore. Still got to check out Chase Center
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Stern
Junior
And1: 149

Post#3 » by Stern » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:56 pm

Newsom's recall.
Missing Kwik Way's 1/2 chicken and fries
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#4 » by tarantism » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:26 pm

I was just home visiting for the first time in a few years. Needless to say, the Bay has changed a lot.

I went to a few Giants games while I was there...super fun. Found a few cool bars in SF and Santa Cruz. Spent most of my time in Pacifica, where I am from. The Taco Bell, which is now a cantina, is fun. Had lunch by the beach and watched the surfers.

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
Money_
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#5 » by Money_ » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:24 am

Down near Chase Center, check out Mission Rock, the Ramp, or the Atwater for outdoor food and drinks.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#6 » by cdubbz » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:14 am

tarantism wrote:I was just home visiting for the first time in a few years. Needless to say, the Bay has changed a lot.

I went to a few Giants games while I was there...super fun. Found a few cool bars in SF and Santa Cruz. Spent most of my time in Pacifica, where I am from. The Taco Bell, which is now a cantina, is fun. Had lunch by the beach and watched the surfers.

ah the Taco Bell by the beach. very cool. used to go there a lot as a kid
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#7 » by tarantism » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:10 am

cdubbz wrote:
tarantism wrote:I was just home visiting for the first time in a few years. Needless to say, the Bay has changed a lot.

ah the Taco Bell by the beach. very cool. used to go there a lot as a kid
Same! They serve booze now. It's worth doing for sure.

Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
NeoWarriors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,321

Post#8 » by NeoWarriors » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:09 pm

I used to live in Pacifica back in the mid to late 90s. Had an oceanfront ocean view apartment on Esplanade. I was there during El Niño which was in either 97 or 98. The waves were crashing so hard on the cliffs in front of me, made it hard to sleep at night It was so loud. They ended up cutting a house in half to expedite it's fall off the side of the cliff. Every morning the news helicopters would be out there and I would be in my window drinking coffee and smoking a cigarette. Then watch myself on the news later. Lol. But they brought in truckloads of car sized boulders and dropped them over the cliff to make a seawall. That was probably the last good rain California had.

Sent from my Golden State Warriors Protoast Elite toaster using RealGM mobile app
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,835

Post#9 » by whatisacenter » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:17 pm

NeoWarriors wrote:

I used to live in Pacifica back in the mid to late 90s. Had an oceanfront ocean view apartment on Esplanade. I was there during El Niño which was in either 97 or 98. The waves were crashing so hard on the cliffs in front of me, made it hard to sleep at night It was so loud. They ended up cutting a house in half to expedite it's fall off the side of the cliff. Every morning the news helicopters would be out there and I would be in my window drinking coffee and smoking a cigarette. Then watch myself on the news later. Lol. But they brought in truckloads of car sized boulders and dropped them over the cliff to make a seawall. That was probably the last good rain California had.

Sent from my Golden State Warriors Protoast Elite toaster using RealGM mobile app

In 2002 I moved to Pacifica from dogpatch in the city when I had my first kid. There are some cool breweries now and a tap room from Humble Sea on Pedro Point.

And yes, the cliffs are slowly eroding and some of those apartments on the north end of town are perilously close.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
NeoWarriors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,321

Post#10 » by NeoWarriors » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:56 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
NeoWarriors wrote:

In 2002 I moved to Pacifica from dogpatch in the city when I had my first kid. There are some cool breweries now and a tap room from Humble Sea on Pedro Point.

And yes, the cliffs are slowly eroding and some of those apartments on the north end of town are perilously close.
Yeah, the Lands End which was kitty corner across from me lost their parking lot over the cliff. I think they actually maybe closed down now. The apartment I was in Still had a street and the front of the cliff in front of me. I was at 405 esplanade on the second floor. I had zero obstruction to my view. I was working at Compaq in San Bruno at the time. It was about a 10-minute drive to work.

cdubbz
RealGM

Post#11 » by cdubbz » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:17 pm

Cant say im surprised, but every big city is the same. Shell of its former self. Lots of businesses went under downtown, but at least it is more alive than Seattle.

Return to Golden State Warriors