Simmons demands out and will not report

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,239

Re: Simmons demands out and will not report 

Post#781 » by Dan Z » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:06 am

Ballerhogger wrote:i have seen offer that beats Cj for Simmons yet

Do the Trailblazers even want to trade CJ for Simmons?
LivingLegend
Head Coach
And1: 7,745

Post#782 » by LivingLegend » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:37 am

Dan Z wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
I can't think of a trade that makes sense to me, but someone will buy into his talent. He's 25 years old and a three time all star.

It reminds me of players with bad contracts. Every time someone says X player is untradable someone ends up trading for them.

I mean, for the Cavs I would throw Sexton + Love + protected 1st for Simmons/Maxey. It makes sense for both sides if they are serious about something getting done. Love would be a good big man compliment to Embiid and do the exact opposite of Simmons (stretch the floor and unclog the paint) and Sexton would give the 76ers something else they desperatly need--a 20+ PPG guard from all 3 levels.

The Cavs then would get a 'star' player they always love to covet in small markets who would dramatically help their terrible defense and playmaking.

76ers

PG- Sexton
SG- Green
SF- Harris
PF- Love
C- Embiid

6th- Milton

Cavs

PG- Garland
SG- Okoro
SF- Simmons
PF- Mobley
C- Allen

6th- Maxey

Love is probably done and that's one issue with including him in any trade.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2021/07/19/kevin-love-withdrew-from-team-usa-but-not-looking-to-retire-from-nba/

If he is indeed done, then in this trade the Sixers get his "dead weight" plus Sexton (who they'll have to pay very soon) and a protected 1st. I know Simmons has his issues, but that's terrible value for him. On top of that they give up Maxey too.

In any trade the 76ers are going to have to take on 'dead weight' to make salaries work because of Simmons equally awful contract.

Love can still get 14/10 on good 3pt shooting. Hes not a 20/13 guy anymore, but he is still a walking double-double who can shoot better than 90% of the Sixers roster. He has some value still and I believe a change of scenery is what he really needs to give him another 2-3 year jolt.

Again, the season is 3 weeks away--the 76ers are running out of options. Love as a 'throw in' to getting Sexton is not the worst they can do. They give up Maxey in the trade as well because his agent also said he doesnt want him in Philly either. That second player could eaily be Milton/Curry but the Cavs in the deal would need to get somebody who can shoot back. Pick any one of those 3 but I chose Maxey because Rick Paul wants him gone as well.
ubernathan
Veteran
And1: 548

Post#783 » by ubernathan » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:15 am

Philly should have him whacked. Get the insurance money and a big exception. He'll work on his jumper with the fishes
Pablo Escobar
Head Coach
And1: 4,375

Post#784 » by Pablo Escobar » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:26 am

I'm sure the owners are looking at the nfl owners with envy lol. Imagine paying this douchebag 200 mill and he refuses to work on his game and won't show up for work.
Plata o Plomo?
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#785 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:56 am

Dan Z wrote:

Well if they see if not working and lillard goes off and demands I mean they will have to change the roster he’s the most tradable piece
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#786 » by shangrila » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:27 am

LivingLegend wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
I mean, for the Cavs I would throw Sexton + Love + protected 1st for Simmons/Maxey. It makes sense for both sides if they are serious about something getting done. Love would be a good big man compliment to Embiid and do the exact opposite of Simmons (stretch the floor and unclog the paint) and Sexton would give the 76ers something else they desperatly need--a 20+ PPG guard from all 3 levels.

The Cavs then would get a 'star' player they always love to covet in small markets who would dramatically help their terrible defense and playmaking.

76ers

PG- Sexton
SG- Green
SF- Harris
PF- Love
C- Embiid

6th- Milton

Cavs

PG- Garland
SG- Okoro
SF- Simmons
PF- Mobley
C- Allen

6th- Maxey

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2021/07/19/kevin-love-withdrew-from-team-usa-but-not-looking-to-retire-from-nba/

If he is indeed done, then in this trade the Sixers get his "dead weight" plus Sexton (who they'll have to pay very soon) and a protected 1st. I know Simmons has his issues, but that's terrible value for him. On top of that they give up Maxey too.

In any trade the 76ers are going to have to take on 'dead weight' to make salaries work because of Simmons equally awful contract.

Love can still get 14/10 on good 3pt shooting. Hes not a 20/13 guy anymore, but he is still a walking double-double who can shoot better than 90% of the Sixers roster. He has some value still and I believe a change of scenery is what he really needs to give him another 2-3 year jolt.

Again, the season is 3 weeks away--the 76ers are running out of options. Love as a 'throw in' to getting Sexton is not the worst they can do. They give up Maxey in the trade as well because his agent also said he doesnt want him in Philly either. That second player could eaily be Milton/Curry but the Cavs in the deal would need to get somebody who can shoot back. Pick any one of those 3 but I chose Maxey because Rick Paul wants him gone as well.

Not in a Wolves deal.

Just sayin'.
Tottery
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,365

Post#787 » by Tottery » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:31 pm

I don't pay any mind to player salaries and such, so I'm wondering, what would the Warriors have to give up to get Simmons? Could they realistically get him and keep Klay and Draymond somehow?
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,107

Post#788 » by jazzfan1971 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:39 pm

Wouldn't you think Kevin Love would have more definition by this point in his career? Kinda looks I don't know.... Not weak or out of shape, but definitely doesn't look like someone who's spent 15-20 years hitting the weights.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
LivingLegend
Head Coach

Post#789 » by LivingLegend » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:10 pm

shangrila wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

Not in a Wolves deal.

Just sayin'.

Well according to reports the Wolves are unwilling to move any of their 3 key guys to get Simmons so that kinda throws that out the window
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#790 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:58 pm

LivingLegend wrote:
shangrila wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

Not in a Wolves deal.

Just sayin'.

Well according to reports the Wolves are unwilling to move any of their 3 key guys to get Simmons so that kinda throws that out the window

So that leaves us with LAC , SAC and POR I don’t see any other team trading for Him or having the assets for him
LivingLegend
Head Coach

Post#791 » by LivingLegend » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:38 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
shangrila wrote:Not in a Wolves deal.

Just sayin'.

So that leaves us with LAC , SAC and POR I don’t see any other team trading for Him or having the assets for him

You can also take LAC out of there--thats not happening because it would require them to move either Kawhi/PG13 for money to match which isnt happening.

I think the Kings honestly stand the best chance, though they said they are not giving up Fox--which is the only person who could make the salaries work.

Portland works with CJ McCollum straight up but thats doesnt really seem equal for Simmons, plus 1for1 trades rarely ever happen so there would have to be something else there.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,239

Post#792 » by Dan Z » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:18 pm

LivingLegend wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

You can also take LAC out of there--thats not happening because it would require them to move either Kawhi/PG13 for money to match which isnt happening.

I think the Kings honestly stand the best chance, though they said they are not giving up Fox--which is the only person who could make the salaries work.

Portland works with CJ McCollum straight up but thats doesnt really seem equal for Simmons, plus 1for1 trades rarely ever happen so there would have to be something else there.

Hield or Barnes plus Bagley can get there money wise. That doesn't mean the Sixers would take Hield or Barnes plus Bagley plus other stuff for Simmons, but it's possible.

I don't know what the Clippers could offer in a trade that would interest the Sixers (and agree with you...Kawhi/PG13 won't be in a trade for Simmons).

Has Portland expressed interest in Simmons?
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,407

Post#793 » by JRoy » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:21 pm

Dan Z wrote:

Some of us fans do.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#794 » by Tomjas » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:23 pm

LivingLegend wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

Kings don’t have the players
GunnerWRX
Veteran
And1: 1,296

Post#795 » by GunnerWRX » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:26 pm

The harsh truth is the new team will owe Simmons nearly $150m over 4 seasons. For a broken player who won’t shoot during the 4th quarter even if he helps get you to the playoffs, I’m not sure if him being locked up at $150m/4 is a good thing.

It’s not a surprise that Morey isn’t getting what he wanted.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,218

Post#796 » by eyeatoma » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:57 pm

For those of you who think that Ben has all the leverage. This is exactly what a GM should do.

Read on Twitter
Hogesy
Sophomore
And1: 145

Post#797 » by Hogesy » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:58 pm

The problem with Simmons is he wants to be the Lebron and its all about image, fast girls, hot cars and bling. Right now he hardly put in any effort for Philly, you imagine how little effort he puts in for Cleveland, Houston, Minnesota, Toronto etc because they aren't his preferred lifestyle. It really rules out the majority of the league as he will be disgruntled and put in no effort. Honestly GS would be the ideal move and that needed to be done before the draft. At this stage I think he joins Wall sitting out the season
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#798 » by BostonCouchGM » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:41 pm

Tomjas wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:So that leaves us with LAC , SAC and POR I don’t see any other team trading for Him or having the assets for him

stop. They have more overall talent than Sixers
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#799 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:52 pm

eyeatoma wrote:For those of you who think that Ben has all the leverage. This is exactly what a GM should do.

Read on Twitter

If they fine him he will show up? I mean if that’s the case .. fine him then ..
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#800 » by Tomjas » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:52 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:
Tomjas wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

stop. They have more overall talent than Sixers

lol

Kings of empty stats where nobody plays defence

Return to The General Board