Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Re: Ben Simmons Trade Thread Part 4 

Post#1461 » by Sportfan73 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:36 am

Ballerhogger wrote:
Sportfan73 wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:A. If the idea to get all star that’s the asking price .
B . If it’s not then ok sell low then . Keep both , but it won’t be what morey been asking for so far

And who is that star that Maxey or Thybulle will bridge the gap to when paired to a Simmons package?

As the season goes we will see better picture but trading maxey and ben for CJ seems realistic. CJ gives you the offensive power you need . That’s highest offer I can see the 76ers getting by the all star break . Again the options are limited . You let him sit you waste a year of Joel . You trade him give up some value you have a better shot at the ECF or finals . Right now that’s the goal right ? With all due respect

No chance Philly is adding value to the swap of one guy who’s 25 and locked for 4 years and one who’s 30. Sorry but then going for Cj would probably be because they believe in Maxey. Now if you wanna talk fox or Ingram and saying they should add Maxey or Matisse sure. Lavine. Guys like that. CJ is a terrible example, it would be a steal for Portland to get an even spot and everyone here is going to say HELL NO to CJ we’ve been the discussion, I was actually one of the more open to it people
FlyingArrow
Starter
And1: 1,431

Post#1462 » by FlyingArrow » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:47 am

Sportfan73 wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:
Sportfan73 wrote:And who is that star that Maxey or Thybulle will bridge the gap to when paired to a Simmons package?

As the season goes we will see better picture but trading maxey and ben for CJ seems realistic. CJ gives you the offensive power you need . That’s highest offer I can see the 76ers getting by the all star break . Again the options are limited . You let him sit you waste a year of Joel . You trade him give up some value you have a better shot at the ECF or finals . Right now that’s the goal right ? With all due respect

No chance Philly is adding value to the swap of one guy who’s 25 and locked for 4 years and one who’s 30. Sorry but then going for Cj would probably be because they believe in Maxey. Now if you wanna talk fox or Ingram and saying they should add Maxey or Matisse sure. Lavine. Guys like that. CJ is a terrible example, it would be a steal for Portland to get an even spot and everyone here is going to say HELL NO to CJ we’ve been the discussion, I was actually one of the more open to it people

Even if Simmons doesn't play, he'll be worth more on the trade market close to the deadline than he is right now. There's no rush. It's more likely that he does play, in which case his value is likely to rise. In the worst case, he doesn't play, we don't trade him, and we end up in the playoffs as a bottom-4 seed instead of a top-4 seed.

Well, actually, the worst case is accepting one of the terrible offers that are floating around right now when his trade value is at its lowest.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#1463 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:47 am

Sportfan73 wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:
Sportfan73 wrote:And who is that star that Maxey or Thybulle will bridge the gap to when paired to a Simmons package?

Ben to bulls doesn’t seem likely since losing Lavine is basically rebuild trade. I don’t see how Ben and Zion play on the same court together you would have to add thy as-well which isn’t going happen. Going down the list which players look like win now pieces for the 76ers??
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,003

Post#1464 » by eyeatoma » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:19 am

Ballerhogger wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:with all due respect time is not your side. The more this linger the worst it will look?

Actually time is on our side. 4 years worth of time.

if wasting embiid prime is how you see it mean again will all due respect i dont see how that's a option. 76ers are close with ben they are not close enough with nothing in return.

Clearly they're not going to do that, but as others have said unless we can find someone who can give us equal value to Ben, this year might be a wash, but I think Morey is going to do everything in his power to not waste Jo's prime especially this year. With that in mind, yes, I do see a deal happening sooner rather than later, but Klutch really can't do anything to force Morey's hand. Morey is smart, and had to anticipate that it would get to this stage if things didn't get resolved in the summer. He may have overplayed his hand, but he still has the leverage. The NBA will not like what SImmons is doing, so the whole idea that Morey treats players like this, and it will ruin Philly's rep, is a bunch of BS. The CBA will eventually need to be renegotiated if Simmons has this much power over where he wants to go and is willing to sit out.
FlyingArrow
Starter

Post#1465 » by FlyingArrow » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:26 am

As long as we get a package by the trade deadline and we make the playoffs, this year is not lost in the least bit.
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#1466 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:49 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Actually time is on our side. 4 years worth of time.

if wasting embiid prime is how you see it mean again will all due respect i dont see how that's a option. 76ers are close with ben they are not close enough with nothing in return.

Clearly they're not going to do that, but as others have said unless we can fine someone who can give us equal value to Ben, this year might be a wash, but I think Morey is going to do everything in his power to not waste Jo's prime especially this year. With that in mind, yes, I do see a deal happening sooner rather than later, but Klutch really can't do anything to force Morey's hand. Morey is smart, and had to anticipate that it would get to this stage if things didn't get resolved in the summer. He may have overplayed his hand, but he still has the leverage. The NBA will no like what SImmons is doing, so the whole idea that Morey treats players like this, and it will ruin Philly's rep, is a bunch of BS. The CBA will eventually need to be renegotiated if Simmons has this much power over where he wants to go.

Player empowerment is really at all time high and i agree it needs to addressed. Part of the drama of him not being traded yet to me seems to be his influence where he goes. He said he wouldn't go TOR. Tor has pieces 76ers could use. Fran Vleet for example. Training camp around the corner see what happens.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#1467 » by eyeatoma » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:57 am

FlyingArrow wrote:As long as we get a package by the trade deadline and we make the playoffs, this year is not lost in the least bit.

Making the playoffs, and being a contender are two different things. Prior to Game 7 of the ATL series, we were a contender. If we're not one this year, it's a loss in my opinion.
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Post#1468 » by sixers4real » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:58 am

FlyingArrow wrote:As long as we get a package by the trade deadline and we make the playoffs, this year is not lost in the least bit.

I don’t care about making playoffs in 2022, like at all. I would much rather get a great draft capital for Simmons, miss the playoffs and turn draft capital into a star in the summer of 2022. I only care about championship and it seems we are not contenting for one in 2022, so better be prepared for contending in 2023-2025.
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Post#1469 » by Sportfan73 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:03 am

Ballerhogger wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:if wasting embiid prime is how you see it mean again will all due respect i dont see how that's a option. 76ers are close with ben they are not close enough with nothing in return.

Clearly they're not going to do that, but as others have said unless we can fine someone who can give us equal value to Ben, this year might be a wash, but I think Morey is going to do everything in his power to not waste Jo's prime especially this year. With that in mind, yes, I do see a deal happening sooner rather than later, but Klutch really can't do anything to force Morey's hand. Morey is smart, and had to anticipate that it would get to this stage if things didn't get resolved in the summer. He may have overplayed his hand, but he still has the leverage. The NBA will no like what SImmons is doing, so the whole idea that Morey treats players like this, and it will ruin Philly's rep, is a bunch of BS. The CBA will eventually need to be renegotiated if Simmons has this much power over where he wants to go.

Player empowerment is really at all time high and i agree it needs to addressed. Part of the drama of him not being traded yet to me seems to be his influence where he goes. He said he wouldn't go TOR. Tor has pieces 76ers could use. Fran Vleet for example. Training camp around the corner see what happens.

FVV shot 39 percent from the field last year in an increased role and turns 28 this year. I would rather roll the dice on Sexton. And also Chicago and New Orleans could be 3 team deals with like Beasley, McDaniels, 3 min firsts, and f Philly first or 2 going to them. Plus Maxey or Thybulle
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#1470 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:14 am

sixers4real wrote:

I don’t care about making playoffs in 2022, like at all. I would much rather get a great draft capital for Simmons, miss the playoffs and turn draft capital into a star in the summer of 2022. I only care about championship and it seems we are not contenting for one in 2022, so better be prepared for contending in 2023-2025.

is that moving on from joel as well? with all due respect that's where that's headed.
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#1471 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:16 am

Sportfan73 wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

FVV shot 39 percent from the field last year in an increased role and turns 28 this year. I would rather roll the dice on Sexton. And also Chicago and New Orleans could be 3 team deals with like Beasley, McDaniels, 3 min firsts, and f Philly first or 2 going to them. Plus Maxey or Thybulle

Vleet earend his stripes in the finals and him asking do more with less obviously hurt his shooting with that said i dont see why the cavs would want ben unless they had scorer to pair him with.
FlyingArrow
Starter

Post#1472 » by FlyingArrow » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:45 am

eyeatoma wrote:

Making the playoffs, and being a contender are two different things. Prior to Game 7 of the ATL series, we were a contender. If we're not one this year, it's a loss in my opinion.

That's why I said we need a package by the deadline. If we trade Ben for something that lets us compete, then we'll compete in the playoffs. Being .500 or slightly below for the first half of the season doesn't matter at all.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#1473 » by eyeatoma » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:55 am

FlyingArrow wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

That's why I said we need a package by the deadline. If we trade Ben for something that lets us compete, then we'll compete in the playoffs. Being .500 or slightly below for the first half of the season doesn't matter at all.

Yeah sure agreed.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,421

Post#1474 » by 76ciology » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:22 am

Yeah, get a good trade package for Ben. And let me enjoy play and win the championship with the Sixers team in nba 2K22. I can’t even start a season because I know Ben is going to get traded
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Post#1475 » by sixers4real » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:36 am

eyeatoma wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Yeah sure agreed.

I think (and hope) that’s not the way Morey views this situation at all. He doesn’t want to just “compete”. His contract here expires in 2025, and I think (and hope) his main goal is to win a title here.

So, if he sees a deal that will eventually put us in the position to win a title before 2025, like, for example Houston wants to trade Wall for Simmons while giving up 2 swaps and 3 firsts, or Cleveland decides to trade Love for Simmons while giving up a ton of picks in the deal.

I think he’ll make that type of deal, compared to the Toronto or SA deal. Because that type of deal can eventually land us a star in the summer of 2022 or during 2022-23 season at deadline. It’s a star league, you have to have stats to win a title (unless you hope KD injures like 2019, or Harden, Irving, AD goes down like 2021) , and Morey knows that.

Sure, we won’t be contenders in 2021-22. And as I’ve told before here, Nets and Lakers are on the mission. They want to prove that they have the best talent in the world and I have them in NBA Finals if both teams are healthy. I can imagine they want to face Bucks and Suns in the playoffs for a healthy revenge time. There is no trade that puts us in the same tier as them for this season.

I am prepared for development season of Maxey, Milton and Thybulle while getting top draft compensation for Simmons that will eventually get us a star. That’s what I really want.
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
downtownpie
Pro Prospect
And1: 399

Post#1476 » by downtownpie » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:00 am

brannigan73 wrote:To say teams are offering less for Simmons now then they were around the draft is baseless speculation. I honestly believe the floor for Simmons is something like Fred VanVleet and Boucher for Simmons or Anunboy, Malachi Flynn, and draft capital for Simmons or Collin Sexton, Ricky Rubio, and draft capital for Simmons. All are better then most of the stuff being tossed up around here lately.

There must be over 400 pages of people quoting baseless information.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,808

Post#1477 » by Stanford » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:00 pm

Time is running out, we must trade Maxey NOW!
sodmoraes
Pro Prospect
And1: 535

Post#1478 » by sodmoraes » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:18 pm

Stanford wrote:Time is running out, we must trade Maxey NOW!

Yeah Maxey is our only hope of having a iso creator on the backcourt and we gotta trade him so we can get a crap package in a Ben trade. This packages people are offering... :lol:
[quote:bba5df4c1f="hornetstime"]jr smith will be out of this league in 2 years, book it.[/quote]
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,419

Post#1479 » by Eyeamok » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:24 pm

Have we learned nothing. Players with injury history, even if they play well the season before, never ever ever come to the 76ers and have a productive career or live up to expectations. Never ever !!!
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,421

Post#1480 » by 76ciology » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:28 pm

Eyeamok wrote:Have we learned nothing. Players with injury history, even if they play well the season before, never ever ever come to the 76ers and have a productive career or live up to expectations. Never ever !!!

“This time it’s different”
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers