Wall blasting off who wants him ?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,775

Re: Wall blasting off who wants him ? 

Post#101 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:33 am

I will continue to be against trading better players for worse players with no incentive pretty much forever yes. Especially when the reasoning is sold to me as fit that I can't see or desperation(when a player has 4 years left on his deal). I don't understand why that could possibly be a me issue though.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#102 » by bondom34 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:33 am

Yeah, he's likely the worst contract in the league and Houston shouldn't be in the business of attaching assets. Which leaves teams with:

1. Other similarly bad deals (Love is about it, if Klay is really rough but the Warriors don't have a need and wouldn't).

2. A bunch of smaller bad deals, but not so small it kills depth. Not sure this exists.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#103 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:34 am

bondom34 wrote:What

last year he looked pretty good in the regular season.. 19ppg is decent. Tobias Harris who i was referring to.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#104 » by bondom34 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:35 am

Ballerhogger wrote:
bondom34 wrote:What

last year he looked pretty good in the regular season.. 19ppg is decent

Yes, he's good. As stated.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,935

Post#105 » by K_chile22 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:50 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Not quite Feigen but still the chronicle, so I trust it. Seems the rockets do not expect anything to happen until the deadline if something does happen. No rush
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#106 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:53 am

K_chile22 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Not quite Feigen but still the chronicle, so I trust it. Seems the rockets do not expect anything to happen until the deadline if something does happen. No rush

Wall tik toks when? That must be bitter sweet for him. Since he cant play but he will get paid. Nobody going touch that contract ever. Fredditti going love paying him .
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#107 » by K_chile22 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:55 am

Ballerhogger wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Wall tik toks when? That must be bitter sweet for him. Since he cant play but he will get paid. Nobody going touch that contract ever. Fredditti going love paying him
He's still going to be with the team at practices apparently, just not playing, so he'll be somewhat busy at least. Most likely outcome imo is he misses the whole season and gets bought out after that, once the rockets try to see if they can get someone to bite on him as an expiring
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#108 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:58 am

K_chile22 wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Wall tik toks when? That must be bitter sweet for him. Since he cant play but he will get paid. Nobody going touch that contract ever. Fredditti going love paying him
He's still going to be with the team at practices apparently, just not playing, so he'll be somewhat busy at least. Most likely outcome imo is he misses the whole season and gets bought out after that, once the rockets try to see if they can get someone to bite on him as an expiring

Theres no reason to ask for buyout if your him. Unless he gets 100% of his deal. His opt in clause is brutal.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,544

Post#109 » by Devilanche » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:06 am

gambitx777 wrote:I think that's a bit much I'd say a first and some seconds is fair because the goal is to rehab walls value and flip him for more assets. They've been doing this successfully. And even if they end up buying him out they get something where they had nothing. Favors isn't going to increase in value. Wall could. One year bug chonky deals always have some trade value. Let's say they get a first and some seconds then flip him to another team after he plays well for another contract to flip and another future first and you keep flipping.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app

I think his salary is way too high to be matched for flipping . Hence I want that future value upfront and take it as a sunk cost with most probably OKC having to buy him out next season the most likely option.

That contract next year is the pause for OKC that’s the one that I’m asking for all that additional value.

Favors for all purposes have minimal value
Wall big salary has no value unless intention is to take on more future salary which is not something the fan base wants to lean on ( if we taking on future salary the assumed value is future picks so we have enough of those ) would rather pivot to trying and sign rfa for younger players.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
Texas Chuck

Post#110 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:07 am

K_chile22 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

I don't really understand any of this. Especially if they still want him around the team. Not sure the end game of this? Hoping being around basketball but not getting to play in any actual games gets him jonesing so bad he gives back a lot more money in a buyout for next year?

Confusing update.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#111 » by K_chile22 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:10 am

Texas Chuck wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

I don't really understand any of this. Especially if they still want him around the team. Not sure the end game of this? Hoping being around basketball but not getting to play in any actual games gets him jonesing so bad he gives back a lot more money in a buyout for next year?

Confusing update.
I think both sides don't want to risk a big injury again. Kills any chance of getting a dime back from him or a trade (already big time long shot). For Wall there's no point putting his career in danger for a team not trying to win
GrindCityHustle
Starter
And1: 2,314

Post#112 » by GrindCityHustle » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:11 am

Magic could move Harry Garris and Terrence Ross for Wall and future draft picks I think.

Thats all I could think of
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,544

Post#113 » by Devilanche » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:12 am

Texas Chuck wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Confusing update.

Posturing for a buyout but far apart on the money left on the table . That’s my guess.

Wall doesn’t have anyone interesting to him left that will pay what kemba managed to get so he’s not willing to leave 20m or so on the table . And if it’s not even that much, houston might as well wait and see if anything can be done.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
Texas Chuck

Post#114 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:16 am

K_chile22 wrote:]I think both sides don't want to risk a big injury again. Kills any chance of getting a dime back from him or a trade (already big time long shot). For Wall there's no point putting his career in danger for a team not trying to win

I think the team would love an injury, no? Then insurance picks up a lot of the contract? Or could his contract not be insured?

But if that's the case, why is he practicing? Or is he just at practice but not doing anything on the court? Also seems like a lot of trust that he's not going to be a distraction/negative influence. And maybe he would never be that. I don't know that much about John Wall the human. But generally these guys already with one foot out the door mentally aren't guys teams like to have around the team.

Just interesting and surprising is all.
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#115 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:19 am

Texas Chuck wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:]I think both sides don't want to risk a big injury again. Kills any chance of getting a dime back from him or a trade (already big time long shot). For Wall there's no point putting his career in danger for a team not trying to win

I think the team would love an injury, no? Then insurance picks up a lot of the contract? Or could his contract not be insured?

But if that's the case, why is he practicing? Or is he just at practice but not doing anything on the court? Also seems like a lot of trust that he's not going to be a distraction/negative influence. And maybe he would never be that. I don't know that much about John Wall the human. But generally these guys already with one foot out the door mentally aren't guys teams like to have around the team.

I dont understand the practing at all either . if he gets hurt in practice then you have 0.00 shot traded him at all ever. Wall made video doing back flip on stairs that's about much as i know of his off court problems.
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#116 » by K_chile22 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:22 am

Texas Chuck wrote:

I assume it's "as long as you wanna hang around, you're welcome" not "you still have to come to practice anyways!" because the latter would be very dumb, so not worried about the whole malcontent thing. For all we know he could just stop coming around after camp. Yeah not sure if he'll be participating in practices, but also practices are a lot less likely to result in injuries than playing games and being in the grind of an NBA season. NBA practices are probably lighter than individual workouts players do away from the team when not in season, which is what wall would be doing otherwise

Would also hope the team wouldn't make decisions based on hoping a player has a career killing injury.

Him not playing is helpful in handing the keys to KJP and Green (and tanking) which they couldnt do if wall wanted to play, so I'm sure they're fine with him not playing, so if he doesn't want to risk it, works for everyone
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#117 » by K_chile22 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:27 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19

This actually makes it sound like he will do camp and not practice after that, but still be around
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#118 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:31 am

K_chile22 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

This actually makes it sound like he will do camp and not practice after that, but still be around

in short PLEASE take him , oh no guess that didnt work enjoy mexico wall! If hes not with the team during RS then yea hes good as retired. That's one heck of pension plan.
Texas Chuck

Post#119 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:41 am

K_chile22 wrote:
Would also hope the team wouldn't make decisions based on hoping a player has a career killing injury.

Yeah I phrased that really gross. :(

But if they could have him injured like SGA was injured last year where its no threat to his future, but means an insurance company picks up 80% of the tab, its hard to ignore the benefits of that financially. Not that they wanting him blowing out his need or having a blood clot or something serious.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,255

Post#120 » by vege » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:54 am

Either Houston add a couple lightly protected firsts (which they shouldn't) and take back an useless expire, or they will buy out Wall, there is no other option. No one is touching the player or the contract without a lot of compensation going their way.

Return to Trades and Transactions