Image ImageImage Image

Rotations

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

cool007
RealGM
And1: 3,098

Re: Rotations 

Post#21 » by cool007 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:36 pm

One thing that I certainly like this year is that we normally have 1 sided player on the team - mostly good at defense but not good at anything else or just not skilled/athletic enough. Now we have all guys basically who can play at both ends of the floor, very fast, athletic and not 1 dimensional types.

I actually think we will be playing a lot more switching defense where at times we will be doubling on mismatches but since we have fast athletic players who can recover fast - I don't see much problems. I actually love it at both ends of the floor. We just need to play fast and with great pace since we have good depth and interchangeable players to keep everyone fresh.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,615

Post#22 » by sco » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:33 pm

cool007 wrote:One thing that I certainly like this year is that we normally have 1 sided player on the team - mostly good at defense but not good at anything else or just not skilled/athletic enough. Now we have all guys basically who can play at both ends of the floor, very fast, athletic and not 1 dimensional types.

I actually think we will be playing a lot more switching defense where at times we will be doubling on mismatches but since we have fast athletic players who can recover fast - I don't see much problems. I actually love it at both ends of the floor. We just need to play fast and with great pace since we have good depth and interchangeable players to keep everyone fresh.

I see mostly 1-way guys on this roster. You can argue that Ball and Pat are 2-way guys. If you squint, maybe Caruso. We can hope Zach adds enough defense to be a plus guy, but that's where it stops. Everyone except Vuc, DDR, Marko and Coby are what I'd call defense-only. I would have like to have seen them get one more offensive guy rather than what I think is a bit of duplication between TBJ, Green, DJJ and AJ.
:clap:
bad knees
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#23 » by bad knees » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:17 am

Bulls should stagger their starters so that two of Lavine, DDR, Vuc and Ball are always on the court. DDR and Vuc are natural partners - they can play PnR/P all day, at a slower pace that makes sense for them. Lavine and Ball can push it and play faster. Mix in a lot of Caruso and PWill, some Coby and Bradley, and pinch of TBJ/DJJ/Alize and we should be good to go.
petebraun0
Senior
And1: 210

Post#24 » by petebraun0 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:07 pm

[quote="IWannaGoHIGHER" If you had a ten man rotation, would look roughly like this.

PG: Lonzo (32 mmpg) / Caruso (21 mmpg) / Ayo
SG: Zach (36 mmpg) / White (21 mmpg) / Green
SF: DeRozan (32 mmpg)/ TBJ (12 mmpg)/ TBD
PF: Pat (30 mmpg)/ Lauri or whomever we acquire for him, or use his cap space on (18 mmpg) / Marko
C: Vooch (32 mmpg)/ Bradley (16 mmpg) / TBD[/quote]

It looks like our new rotation may look like the following:

PG: Lonzo (32 mmpg) / Caruso (21 mmpg) / Ayo (Dotson)
SG: Zach (36 mmpg) / White (21 mmpg) / Green / (possibly Matt Thomas)
SF: DeRozan (32 mmpg)/ TBJ (12 mmpg)/Derrick Jones
PF: Pat (30 mmpg)/ Alize Johnson / Stanley Johson / Tyler Cook (hope I got the name right)
C: Vooch (32 mmpg)/ Bradley (16 mmpg) / Marko
leo921
Senior
And1: 215

Post#25 » by leo921 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:24 pm

The starters are obviously Ball/Lavine/DDR/Williams/Vuc, play that group together for first couple of mins then I would make DDR the first starter to sub out (Brown or Jones) then a minute or two later sub out Vuc (Bradley). Then once you sub out the rest of the starters I would use more of a "bench unit" consisting of DDR/Vuc with Caruso/White/Brown etc. This way we always have focus points on the floor that can compete against any teams starters and bench
Portiseyes
Sophomore
And1: 87

Post#26 » by Portiseyes » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:16 pm

leo921 wrote:The starters are obviously Ball/Lavine/DDR/Williams/Vuc, play that group together for first couple of mins then I would make DDR the first starter to sub out (Brown or Jones) then a minute or two later sub out Vuc (Bradley). Then once you sub out the rest of the starters I would use more of a "bench unit" consisting of DDR/Vuc with Caruso/White/Brown etc. This way we always have focus points on the floor that can compete against any teams starters and bench

I would say there should be competition at the 4 spot. For instance if DJJ shows in practice that his 3 ball somehow got a lot better (or if that 5 clicks better for whatever reason, ie there's enough shooting from the 1,2, and 5), it's possible that he could plug in better with the starters. I'm a huge PWill fan but like I've said previously he hasn't earned the starting 4 on this team and it might be better for him if he gets minutes split between the 3 and 4 coming off the bench... let him fight for the starting spot. Feel like overcoming some 'adversity' might just be good for him...
sco
RealGM

Post#27 » by sco » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:44 pm

Portiseyes wrote:
leo921 wrote:The starters are obviously Ball/Lavine/DDR/Williams/Vuc, play that group together for first couple of mins then I would make DDR the first starter to sub out (Brown or Jones) then a minute or two later sub out Vuc (Bradley). Then once you sub out the rest of the starters I would use more of a "bench unit" consisting of DDR/Vuc with Caruso/White/Brown etc. This way we always have focus points on the floor that can compete against any teams starters and bench

I would say there should be competition at the 4 spot. For instance if DJJ shows in practice that his 3 ball somehow got a lot better (or if that 5 clicks better for whatever reason, ie there's enough shooting from the 1,2, and 5), it's possible that he could plug in better with the starters. I'm a huge PWill fan but like I've said previously he hasn't earned the starting 4 on this team and it might be better for him if he gets minutes split between the 3 and 4 coming off the bench... let him fight for the starting spot. Feel like overcoming some 'adversity' might just be good for him...

I have no problem with this, but the org is so dependent on Pat becoming very good, I doubt they do it. More likely if one of backups is great, they Bogans Pat. It would be a good problem to have.
jordanwilliams6
Analyst
And1: 2,999

Post#28 » by jordanwilliams6 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:47 pm

Just make sure Zach & DDR are never on the bench together.
sco
RealGM

Post#29 » by sco » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:48 pm

jordanwilliams6 wrote:Just make sure Zach & DDR are never on the bench together.

Fair point - unless we're up 30 in the 4th.
RoseTheFuture22
Veteran
And1: 404

Post#30 » by RoseTheFuture22 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:31 pm

I think Caruso should be the first guy off the bench for either DeRozan or Ball.

Then pairing Coby and DeRozan with some bench wing machination of Caruso/TBJ/Green/DJJ/Pat. Let DeRozan run the offense in that lineup while Lonzo and Zach rest

I also like a Lonzo/Vuc/Derrick Jones lineup maybe to end a half/start the 4th quarter, I think any Lonzo + DJJ lineup is going to be fun and I think Vuc also complements those guys in the half court offensively and defensively.
sco
RealGM

Post#31 » by sco » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:58 pm

RoseTheFuture22 wrote:I think Caruso should be the first guy off the bench for either DeRozan or Ball.

Then pairing Coby and DeRozan with some bench wing machination of Caruso/TBJ/Green/DJJ/Pat. Let DeRozan run the offense in that lineup while Lonzo and Zach rest

I also like a Lonzo/Vuc/Derrick Jones lineup maybe to end a half/start the 4th quarter, I think any Lonzo + DJJ lineup is going to be fun and I think Vuc also complements those guys in the half court offensively and defensively.

I think Caruso will end up being my 2021-22 Taj. I really hope he gets close to 30mpg for us this season as our 6th man!

Regarding DJJ, AJ, TBJ, Green...we really just need for one of those guys to step up and we're golden.
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,572

Post#32 » by Dez » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:39 pm

sco wrote:
RoseTheFuture22 wrote:I think Caruso should be the first guy off the bench for either DeRozan or Ball.

I think Caruso will end up being my 2021-22 Taj. I really hope he gets close to 30mpg for us this season as our 6th man!

Regarding DJJ, AJ, TBJ, Green...we really just need for one of those guys to step up and we're golden.

Caruso won't be getting 30 minutes a game, that's not the type of player he is.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,134

Post#33 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:01 am

Dez wrote:
sco wrote:

Caruso won't be getting 30 minutes a game, that's not the type of player he is.

I love AC but yeah he will not be a 30MPG player unless we have injuries.

Return to Chicago Bulls