ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Frank Ntilikina to the mavs!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,190
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Re: OT: Frank Ntilikina to the mavs!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Post#41 » by BKlutch » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:37 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:Deuce outplayed Frank’s career in SL. But yet he needs to make us forget about frank? :lol:

I think with Grimy Deuce off the bench, we have more than replaced the defense we lost with Frank. The offense, on the other hand, is priceless.

Oh, Gee, I see we're playing D. Powered by the after-Burner

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,177

Post#42 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:49 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
F N 11 wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:Frank topics now officially OT. Thank god.

Not saying its going to happen but i hope the thread is bumped because hes playing too good.

frank conversations have little potential to be healthy or productive, so i'm hoping against bumps... but preparing for many.

Bump
ImageImageImage
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,784

Re: Frank to the mavs!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Post#43 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:51 pm

K-DOT wrote:Somebody pick up the phone

Cause buzz f*cking called it like 3 years ago

Sorry I missed this until now.

Super busy yesterday and then I got some **** news and was out of the box for a while.

BUZZTRODAMUS RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

:D
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#44 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:54 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
stuporman wrote:I was concerned he'd wind up on the Nets and be a nuisance to the Knicks but at least he's out west. Of course now he will develop into exactly what fans hoped he would being a lock down 3&D player.

Deuce better make everyone forget his name soon....

Big time Frank fan here. Deuce has the fire in the belly we’ve never seen from Frank. Good chance he’s a much better idea for that role.

No one has Frank’s perimeter defense toolset, but Deuce is damn good and all heart. Plus, not only CAN he get buckets, he intends to.

McBride looks like the truth. I think he’s going to be a starter in the way Marcus Smart is a starter who can either start or be one of the first guys off the bench. But his offensive upside may be higher than Smart’s. His defense already looks on par with him which is a high compliment.
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#45 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:57 pm

JXL wrote:
El Poochio wrote:Hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahhhhhaahahahahhhhahahhahahahahahahhaahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahhhhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

My thoughts exactly.

So is the Frank hive gonna migrate like LeBron fans after he left Cleveland the 1st time?

Frankenfrooter’s are Knicks fans first and last though this one hopes Frank does really well in Dallas.
ImageImageImage
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,576

Post#46 » by El Poochio » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:08 pm

JXL wrote:
El Poochio wrote:Hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahhhhhaahahahahhhhahahhahahahahahahhaahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahhhhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

My thoughts exactly.

So is the Frank hive gonna migrate like LeBron fans after he left Cleveland the 1st time?

Spoiler:

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,075

Post#47 » by Chanel Bomber » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:18 pm

Good for Frank.

Buzzstradamus did call it years ago.

Frank is in the ideal situation to hopefully salvage his NBA career. Playing with Luka (assuming he even makes the rotation), all he will be asked to do is shoot catch-and-shoot 3s and play defense. Sharing the court with the most ball-dominant player in the league should help hide Frank's weaknesses and limitations.

If he can't make Dallas's rotation, then it's back to Europe.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 15,615

Post#48 » by stuporman » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:31 pm

Some people have Frank lodged so deep in their mouth they talk about him every chance they can and probably will for years, the hate is so strong with those.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
TwitterFingers
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,407

Post#49 » by TwitterFingers » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:32 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:He's going to play for them, they have a hole at the backup 2.

(Never mind mistake)
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,653

Post#50 » by Knicksfan1992 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:33 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:Good for Frank.

Frank is in the ideal situation to hopefully salvage his NBA career. Playing with Luka (assuming he even makes the rotation), all he will be asked to do is shoot catch-and-shoot 3s and play defense. Sharing the court with the most ball-dominant player in the league should help hide Frank's weaknesses and limitations.

I actually think the complete opposite than most people do on this move. While Dallas can definitely use an injection of good perimeter defense and Frank can bring that when he isn't fouling his way out of games... I think Luka and Porzingis are going to bring out his worst habit still which is non-aggression/unwillingness to shoot because they eat up so much usage. Having Frank stand around and wait for things to happen is the worst thing for him/his development if he wants to stick in the league because there are plenty of guys who can shoot a higher variety of C&S jumpers than he can and be passable on D that it makes the need for Frank just not that necessary for a team like Dallas IMO. I feel like he would have been much more useful in a more equal opportunity system without what amounts to basically a usage hog in Luka. The Spurs would have been a good fit for example. Or if you're going to put him next to an "engine" type player, then I think a guy like Jokic would have been much better because he promotes dribble handoffs, cutting and also spot ups. If you're aggressive with Jokic you get rewarded.

Dallas treats Luka like the Rockets treated Harden. Sit around and watch. Not good for Frank IMO. And conversely if they are expecting him to run point for the bench unit, then I think it's not a great move because he isn't a PG at the NBA level :dontknow:
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,445

Post#51 » by Gravy » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:58 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:

I actually think the complete opposite than most people do on this move. While Dallas can definitely use an injection of good perimeter defense and Frank can bring that when he isn't fouling his way out of games... I think Luka and Porzingis are going to bring out his worst habit still which is non-aggression/unwillingness to shoot because they eat up so much usage. Having Frank stand around and wait for things to happen is the worst thing for him/his development if he wants to stick in the league because there are plenty of guys who can shoot a higher variety of C&S jumpers than he can and be passable on D that it makes the need for Frank just not that necessary for a team like Dallas IMO. I feel like he would have been much more useful in a more equal opportunity system without what amounts to basically a usage hog in Luka. The Spurs would have been a good fit for example. Or if you're going to put him next to an "engine" type player, then I think a guy like Jokic would have been much better because he promotes dribble handoffs, cutting and also spot ups. If you're aggressive with Jokic you get rewarded.

Dallas treats Luka like the Rockets treated Harden. Sit around and watch. Not good for Frank IMO. And conversely if they are expecting him to run point for the bench unit, then I think it's not a great move because he isn't a PG at the NBA level :dontknow:

One thing we might be missing is most likely Frank would not be playing with Luka. He would be coming off the bench with the 2nd unit if he even makes it that far. I have no idea who's on the Mavs bench...
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,913

Post#52 » by Richard4444 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:13 pm

Gravy wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

One thing we might be missing is most likely Frank would not be playing with Luka. He would be coming off the bench with the 2nd unit if he even makes it that far. I have no idea who's on the Mavs bench...

Assuming a Doncic/Tim/Bullock/Kleber/KP starting team, we have in the Dallas bench:

PG: Brunson, Burke, Tyrell Terry,
Wings: Dorian,Sterling Brown, Josh Green
Bigs: Powell, WCS, Boban, M.Brown

They are really short at wings. Frank has great chances to get minutes as a wing.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,307

Post#53 » by cgmw » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:18 pm

stuporman wrote:Some people have Frank lodged so deep in their mouth they talk about him every chance they can and probably will for years, the hate is so strong with those.

3melo sure had himself a chest-thumping day when he thought Frank was headed to Italy. I don't feel like I have a dog in this fight, but the Haters are waaaaaaaay more vocal than the Stans.

Normal person: I wish Frank well in Dallas. Hopefully he can turn his career around and become a valuable rotation player.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
TwitterFingers
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,407

Post#54 » by TwitterFingers » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:19 pm

Richard4444 wrote:
Gravy wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

Assuming a Doncic/Tim/Bullock/Kleber/KP starting team, we have in the Dallas bench:

PG: Brunson, Burke, Tyrell Terry,
Wings: Dorian,Sterling Brown, Josh Green
Bigs: Powell, WCS, Boban, M.Brown

They are really short at wings. Frank has great chances to get minutes as a wing.

You forgot Bullock
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,608

Post#55 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:20 pm

BKlutch wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Deuce outplayed Frank’s career in SL. But yet he needs to make us forget about frank? :lol:

I think with Grimy Deuce off the bench, we have more than replaced the defense we lost with Frank. The offense, on the other hand, is priceless.

Yeah ain’t nobody missing this dude :lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,596

Post#56 » by Stannis » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:32 pm

Buzz,

You got any stock tips?
Free Palestine
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,021

Post#57 » by moocow007 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:29 pm

Reaction to Frank being referred to as the backup PG (remember? lots of you guys were pushing that we get him?)...

The Mavs also made a trade so they could draft this guy (who a lot of us Knick fans were envisioning as a possible future Knicks starting PG)...

And signed this guy who would have been the best PG on the Knicks team last season (hey...another player with ties to the Knicks...a pattern? :o )...

Not to mention now have this guy (who probably wants and expects his PG's to actually have true PG skills) as their head coach...

I seriously doubt that Frank Ntilikina will be playing PG off the bench or even in practice. More likely he'll be looked at as a wing defender, which is something that the Mavs actually DO have a need for as Tim Hardaway, Reggie Bullock, JJ Reddick and Sterling Brown are it.

Now considering that out of that group Sterling Brown is probably your best statistical defender and especially now with old man Reddick in tow...I could potentially see Frank getting some burn but not as a PG. How much burn? Not sure. Could be backup SF/SG and get some solid minutes if he can show that he can hit his 3 pointers a little bit more consistently.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,977

Post#58 » by Capn'O » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:46 pm

^Yeah, he'll be a backup wing with some secondary ball duties.That's if his groin stays healthy.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,004

Post#59 » by god shammgod » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:19 pm

so if frank sticks with the mavs and dennis gets let go by portland, does mpharris get to give melo a sig ? seems only fair. make it happen capn'o.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,642

Post#60 » by mpharris36 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:22 pm

god shammgod wrote:so if frank sticks with the mavs and dennis gets let go by portland, does mpharris get to give melo a sig ? seems only fair. make it happen capn'o.

B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ

Return to New York Knicks