ImageImageImageImageImage

Chris Bosh Hall of Fame Speech

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

SaveTheHens
Analyst
And1: 1,817

Re: Chris Bosh Hall of Fame Speech 

Post#61 » by SaveTheHens » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:05 am

Meh Bosh gave us a chance. BC was a step in the right direction too from loserville. Signed Bosh on some hype and I appreciate him giving us a shot, coming in one year jacked af and actually grinding in the paint while putting up monster numbers. Not his fault we got the Hedos and Kaponos as his help. I appreciate what hes done for us and understand that he had to move to better things, but glad he gave us that extension and gave tdot a shot, got us an Atlantic division for the first time and made us less of an embarrassment. All that was necessary for us to get some trickle down respect that turned into the momentum of Derozan, Lowry and a franchise that wasnt a full on laughing stock. If we still were, Kawhi wouldnt even show up to camp. But yeah great speech by Bosh, hope he continues his public talents in some other ways.
SaveTheHens
Analyst
And1: 1,817

Post#62 » by SaveTheHens » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:11 am

joeyt618 wrote:It's such a shame, because I was such a fan of him during his time with the Raptors. He spent 7 years in TO and 6 years in MIA, but not a single mention or anecdote about his time with us. He basically sees us as his low point of his career... an obstacle that he's had to overcome in order to be great in Miami.

The way he's behaved after leaving has really left a sour taste in my mouth. He tries to disassociate his connection with us any chance he gets, so that people would only see him as a Heat. In his eyes, he's simply just too good for us.

He left Toronto to win championships, fair enough. But he's never looked back fondly of his time here. We, as fans, embraced him as our superstar despite never bringing us much success. We appreciated both his hard work and goofy personality and the whole country supported him by voting him as an All-star all those years (even with that silly cowboy campaign). That should mean something to him, but sadly, it doesn't seem that way.

To him, he's Hall of Famer Chris Bosh of the Miami Heat. Him getting inducted to the HOF doesn't mean much to me as a Raptor fan.

I mean i can understand where those salty feelings came from. He did sign an extension on the pull of BC and probably was promised glory days. All he got was nobodies as his help and bushleague coaches like Smitch and Jay effin Triano. Hell itd be all class to mention us too but I get that he probably felt a bit duped and I doubt us fans ever showed him much apprecistion after he left so why would he rep us now? Im glad we’re in a different spot as an organization now but Bosh gave us a shot, we didnt deliver, its fair game imo to focus on what got him his most precious memories.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,164

Post#63 » by God Squad » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:34 am

Retired Jerseys in order IMO
Lowry
VC
DD

KL

Bosh
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,879

Post#64 » by agkagk » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:43 am

Does no one remember his bs YouTube videos where he was laughing like a child and saying how he was going to resign. Does no one remember what a b*tch he was. He outright trolled the fans publicly.

Eff this guy 100%

This is why lebron says we should retire demars jersey. he and Lowry willed us out of this disrespect.
billy_hoyle
Sixth Man
And1: 1,119

Post#65 » by billy_hoyle » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:34 am

He disassociated himself almost immediately after leaving the Raps. That irked our fans (it irked me, who was a big fan of Bosh). If he was actually thankful for his time here, and said nice things on his way to winning easy chips with LeBron, I think he'd still have alot of fans in TO (and Canada). He kinda pulled an Antonio Davis, which makes you think these guys are just super fake a-holes.

Conversely, DeMar is the king of repping TO, and the reason I think we should retire his number, plus I loved him as a player (flawed, but still entertaining/talented).
The Warrior
Head Coach
And1: 10,093

Post#66 » by The Warrior » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:28 am

SaveTheHens wrote:Meh Bosh gave us a chance. BC was a step in the right direction too from loserville. Signed Bosh on some hype and I appreciate him giving us a shot, coming in one year jacked af and actually grinding in the paint while putting up monster numbers. Not his fault we got the Hedos and Kaponos as his help. I appreciate what hes done for us and understand that he had to move to better things, but glad he gave us that extension and gave tdot a shot, got us an Atlantic division for the first time and made us less of an embarrassment. All that was necessary for us to get some trickle down respect that turned into the momentum of Derozan, Lowry and a franchise that wasnt a full on laughing stock. If we still were, Kawhi wouldnt even show up to camp. But yeah great speech by Bosh, hope he continues his public talents in some other ways.

Not his fault he had a bad team around him but it his fault with how he handled himself post departure. Hence why he has little to no fans in Toronto anymore. He’s not beloved like other former stars or even role players for a reason, a good reason at that.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,164

Post#67 » by God Squad » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:47 am

Miami can have him lol.

Shaq on Chris Bosh.
“I heard what Chris Bosh said, and that’s strong words coming from the RuPaul of big men,” O’Neal said. “I’m going to do the same thing (in their next meeting) I did before – make him quit. Make ’em quit and complain. It’s what I do.”
LascelleL
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,996

Post#68 » by LascelleL » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:08 pm

Danny1616 wrote:Glosses over the first 7 years of his career, with the team that made him a franchise player, gave him all the opportunities to excel, voted him as a starter into the all-star game, treated him like a king his entire time, and where he had his most productive years.

He's a good speaker, but very strange to skip over the first half of his career.

Also if Chris Bosh is a HOFer, Lowry deserves to get in the HOF easily.

Nah, do you know how **** awful our organization was during the Colangelo years? I don't blame him either.
LascelleL
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,996

Post#69 » by LascelleL » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:11 pm

Smokee wrote:Let’s face it. As far as former Raptors “stars” are concerned, he’s been filed under “who cares” by the general fan base. He was nothing more than the girl you hook up with after a serious relationship ends and before the next one starts. Just an insignificant blip.

Seriously..this. Bosh's time here was mediocre (even though he himself wasn't) and there weren't any highs of spectacular. He didn't have the electricity or importance of Vince Carter. He didn't give us the Culture shift and identity that DeMar established nor the exciting deep playoff runs and we didn't experience anything close to a Championship as we did with Kyle and Kawhi.

You walk in Toronto and if you see a Mural of: Kyle, Kawhi, Vince, DeMar - It would make sense. it wouldn't feel out of place because those are legends.

If you saw one of Bosh, you'd go...huh, what would we be celebrating here.
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,558

Post#70 » by dTox » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:11 pm

Part of the reason why you don't hang up a Chris Bosh jersey in the ACC, he wasn't a good enough player to warrant it, and he didn't have much sentimental value (and neither did we for him) unlike Derozan.
TBZ for the win
mrsocko
Sixth Man
And1: 873

Post#71 » by mrsocko » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:50 pm

Remember when he left. I was standing outside the arena when he walked out. He smelt different.
Dick expectation level 0/5
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#72 » by will » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:54 pm

Who cares.

Irrelevant to me.
canz55
Sixth Man
And1: 2,024

Post#73 » by canz55 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:55 pm

Like many of you I literally haven't given this man a second thought since he left.

I was ten times more interested in Kawhi in LA after leaving us and he was only a Raptor one season.

Sent from my SM-G998W using RealGM mobile app
ImageWe the Champs...
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#74 » by will » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:56 pm

billy_hoyle wrote:He disassociated himself almost immediately after leaving the Raps. That irked our fans (it irked me, who was a big fan of Bosh). If he was actually thankful for his time here, and said nice things on his way to winning easy chips with LeBron, I think he'd still have alot of fans in TO (and Canada). He kinda pulled an Antonio Davis, which makes you think these guys are just super fake a-holes.

Conversely, DeMar is the king of repping TO, and the reason I think we should retire his number, plus I loved him as a player (flawed, but still entertaining/talented).

Exactly.

It's mutual all around. Be a douche to the city and fans, same energy is coming back. Show mad love to the city, the city shows mad love back to you no matter what. At least from my perspective.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,602

Post#75 » by UcanUwill » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:13 pm

Great speech, but I was never a huge fan, would always trade Bosh for Dwight Howard in NBA Live 06/07
gigi
Pro Prospect
And1: 43

Post#76 » by gigi » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:44 pm

Duffman100 wrote:Gee, thanks Bosh... really appreciate the love you gave Toronto.

Bosh has always been very classless! One of the biggest attention wh$res that the NBA has seen, when Miami introduced the big 3 that summer and he went off like Hulk Hogan on the stage I almost threw up!
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,876

Post#77 » by OAKLEY_2 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:40 pm

Harcore Fenton Mun wrote:Let the Heat celebrate him, I'm done caring.

I think he is proof positive that you cannot build a contender around a Power Forward. B.C. tried to pretend he could. So we owe Bosh some gratitude for helping us clear the deck of fake B.C. retrofits culminating in landing Hedo Turkoglu. Once the miracle growth formula got shelved we inched slowly towards a championship one that might have started with landing Giannis but happened because of the savvy to hijack a trade opportunity. Bam 2019 pop the corks. Raptors fate and fortunes are built by the draft and trades never free agency.
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,879

Post#78 » by agkagk » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:51 pm

man for all the bosh apologists;

yes we had to overpay scubs like kapono and hedo.

but bosh was just another spoiled ignorant southern boy talking trash about playing in a foreign country in the cold and the indignity of going through customs - which really didnt help but serve as a self fulfilling prophecy.

demar and kyle literally saved this franchise from the rhetoric of clowns like big bird.

eff bosh 1000.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,068

Post#79 » by tecumseh18 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:22 pm

I agree that a franchise cannot be built around a power forward. In crunch time, it's hard for a big to get enough separation to get a high percentage shot away. Bosh leaving was a necessary step toward the Raps engaging in a true rebuild. And the positionless team Masai is putting together now is really intriguing.

agkagk wrote:but bosh was just another spoiled ignorant southern boy talking trash about playing in a foreign country in the cold and the indignity of going through customs - which really didnt help but serve as a self fulfilling prophecy.

That is the exact opposite of who Bosh is as a person, and what he actually said about the city he proclaimed he would rep til he died.

His (probably true) statement that Toronto "smelled different" was not a knock on the 6. Bosh probably meant it figuratively, and was simply acknowledging that the vibe was different than an American city. Even the black people in Toronto (mostly Jamaicans) were not kin.
random_hero891
Rookie
And1: 810

Post#80 » by random_hero891 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:49 pm

what a clown

Return to Toronto Raptors