ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: The Official COVID/Omicron Variant+ thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

stuporman
RealGM
And1: 15,617

Re: OT: The Official COVID/Delta Variant+ thread 

Post#501 » by stuporman » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:12 pm

BKlutch wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
stuporman wrote:
It's definitely something that shouldn't be ignored. So what are your solutions? I already spoke of my perspective.

I would like to see us build makeshift hospitals for unvaccinated COVID patients. I'm not down with the financial fine scheme you recommended.

We could stock those hospitals with oil of oregano, hydroxychloroquine, ivermectin, and bleach.

Don't forget the shungite....
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,633

Post#502 » by Pointgod » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:53 am

Share this with your anti vaccine right wing friends….

Read on Twitter
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,169

Post#503 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:54 am

stuporman wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
stuporman wrote:
It's definitely something that shouldn't be ignored. So what are your solutions? I already spoke of my perspective.

I would like to see us build makeshift hospitals for unvaccinated COVID patients. I'm not down with the financial fine scheme you recommended.

Well, I didn't recommend a financial fine, I didn't recommend anything, just what I would support. Financial AND legal.... not financial legal....the 'and' in between made them two different things not a single thing.

I don't know what would be those financial AND legal consequences but I'm not sure a fine is something that can be assessed if they haven't broken any laws.

I'm surprised none of the Governors have tried to utilize MASH styled hospitals like they did in the first few months but most of the worst states for infections are red ones that likely still don't believe covid exists.

Yes, you did. You said that you “supported” it.

stuporman wrote:
As much as they deserve getting turned away at the hospitals since they refused to do the simplest of things by getting the vaccine, they denied that the medical community that was telling them the best advice to get it and completely forsaking every common sense precautions to prevent their falling ill I cannot endorse doing so.

Although, that doesn't mean there should be no repercussions for their decisions beyond what the virus will do to their body and their families. I would support financial and legal consequences for people who refused to get vaccinated and then caught covid. Especially if their hospitalization were harming others who did get it and suffered health effects because they were displaced by those who didn't get it.
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
stuporman
RealGM

Post#504 » by stuporman » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:23 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
stuporman wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Well, I didn't recommend a financial fine, I didn't recommend anything, just what I would support. Financial AND legal.... not financial legal....the 'and' in between made them two different things not a single thing.

I don't know what would be those financial AND legal consequences but I'm not sure a fine is something that can be assessed if they haven't broken any laws.

I'm surprised none of the Governors have tried to utilize MASH styled hospitals like they did in the first few months but most of the worst states for infections are red ones that likely still don't believe covid exists.

stuporman wrote:
As much as they deserve getting turned away at the hospitals since they refused to do the simplest of things by getting the vaccine, they denied that the medical community that was telling them the best advice to get it and completely forsaking every common sense precautions to prevent their falling ill I cannot endorse doing so.

Although, that doesn't mean there should be no repercussions for their decisions beyond what the virus will do to their body and their families. I would support financial and legal consequences for people who refused to get vaccinated and then caught covid. Especially if their hospitalization were harming others who did get it and suffered health effects because they were displaced by those who didn't get it.

Did you miss the 'and' in between the two words? No I didn't 'recommend' a fine.... that was your interpretation, not what I said.
Image?
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,794

Post#505 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:48 pm

A little off subject, but goddam. I just lost a friend last night suddenly. I didn't even know until someone mentioned it in a private group we have on Facebook about our wayward youth. And this guy busted his ass working at Bellvue during Covid - mostly dealing with pysch patients, but also in anyway he could.

He was just one of those extra charismatic, genuinely kind people, whose candle burned a little brighter.
He pursued acting and had small parts back when in "Dead Poets Society", "Biloxi Blues" , "Reversal of Fortune" and others back when.
Theater was more his passion though.
He got out of acting and pursued another career when his brother was shot intervening in a bar hold up/hostage situation.
I think because he had to be psychoanalyzed as part of method acting, it fascinated him and he got into the mental health field, to help criminally troubled people instead of hating them. Basically a very Christian/Abraham religion style act, even though he wasn't specifically religious.

We tried to gather a couple of months ago after a long absence but things fell through with him a few other guys, though some people made it.

Never pass up those opportunities and always take the time to be with your friends and family because sometimes it suddenly over, the clock runs out.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,182

Post#506 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:59 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:A little off subject, but goddam. I just lost a friend last night suddenly. I didn't even know until someone mentioned it in a private group we have on Facebook about our wayward youth. And this guy busted his ass working at Bellvue during Covid - mostly dealing with pysch patients, but also in anyway he could.

He was just one of those extra charismatic, genuinely kind people, whose candle burned a little brighter.
He pursued acting and had small parts back when in "Dead Poets Society", "Biloxi Blues" , "Reversal of Fortune" and others back when.
He got out of acting and pursued another career when his brother was shot intervening in a bar hold up/hostage situation.
I think because he had to be psychoanalyzed as part of method acting, it fascinated him and he got into the mental health field, to help criminally troubled people instead of hating them. Basically a very Christian/Abraham religion style act, even though he wasn't specifically religious.

We tried to gather a couple of months ago after a long absence but things fell through with him a few other guys, though some people made it.

Never pass up those opportunities and always take the time to be with your friends and family because sometimes it suddenly over, the clock runs out.

Sounds like a good egg. If I may ask, what happened?

I’m finally making arrangements to go to Sweden (i.e. Escape From Florida starring Clyde_Pliskin). I will probably spend a few weeks with my last surviving uncle who is 93 and healthy and lucid and still engaged with life. My mother and other two uncles are gone so I’m feeling good about the opportunity to spend some real time with him while it is still possible.
ImageImageImage
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,794

Post#507 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:56 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:A little off subject, but goddam. I just lost a friend last night suddenly. I didn't even know until someone mentioned it in a private group we have on Facebook about our wayward youth. And this guy busted his ass working at Bellvue during Covid - mostly dealing with pysch patients, but also in anyway he could.

Sounds like a good egg. If I may ask, what happened?

I’m finally making arrangements to go to Sweden (i.e. Escape From Florida starring Clyde_Pliskin). I will probably spend a few weeks with my last surviving uncle who is 93 and healthy and lucid and still engaged with life. My mother and other two uncles are gone so I’m feeling good about the opportunity to spend some real time with him while it is still possible.

Still trying to find out. He was in otherwise good health and had apparently met the love of his life and there were around the 90 day mark of going out seriously.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,609

Post#508 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:28 am

I’m trini so I thought I would share this. Nicki is a idiot
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#509 » by Barcs » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:17 am

Read on Twitter

This just makes me sad. Jim Breuer has gone to the dark side. I use to respect this guy, because he used to be funny and is a huge Mets fan, but he's gone **** insane. I think he's done entirely too much LSD and he's gone done the Q rabbit hole.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#510 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:25 am

I might start getting more of my news from Trinidad from now on. (MInaj is from Trinidad for all of you over the hill grandpas still surviving on Metamucil.

By the way, what's a "flat tire." :)

Read on Twitter
?s=20
POSTING POLICIES:
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#511 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:21 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
POSTING POLICIES:
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#512 » by Barcs » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:05 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Everything is going to be a complete fcking mess in two months. You watch. I bet by November at the latest, the schools will be closing down again; businesses, restaurants, and bars will be closing down again until we can get the numbers back to some level of reasonableness. And who knows when that'll be, for Christ's sake.

I lost four relatives this year including my dad (100 years old!) and my closest cousin (69 years old) who was my fishing Guru and buddy. We were just talking about our lists of potential destinations to retire at. Neither died from COVID. I can't even watch the news anymore. Everything is out of our control and depressing. Next summer is going to be Hell.

I meant to reply to this earlier. I'm so sorry to hear about your relatives dying. I had a similar situation with my mother-in-law's mom. It was crazy, the day she turned 100, she collapsed and went to the hospital. From there it was down hill and needed special care from then on. She ended up dying a week before her 101th birthday. My grandfather used to joke around a lot and say that the first 100 years are the hardest, but this was the exact opposite. Either way, making it to 100 is a incredible accomplishment.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,054

Post#513 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:35 pm

stuporman wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
stuporman wrote:

Did you miss the 'and' in between the two words? No I didn't 'recommend' a fine.... that was your interpretation, not what I said.

So what would financial consequences be? It is basically the definition of a fine. Legal consequences for getting sick? :lol:
:beer: RIP mags
Loaded_Hollows
Starter
And1: 3,338

Post#514 » by Loaded_Hollows » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:38 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:I’m trini so I thought I would share this. Nicki is a idiot
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

This is the type of moron modern women look up to :lol:
stuporman
RealGM

Post#515 » by stuporman » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:07 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
stuporman wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

So what would financial consequences be? It is basically the definition of a fine. Legal consequences for getting sick? :lol:

What has already begun to take place.... insurance companies deny covering the costs of hospitalization for people who were eligible for the vaccine but refused to get it and then get a judgment for payment.

See? Financial AND legal consequences......I'm glad I could help.

The problem I see in this though is if people who wound up dying from covid and then the providers go after the surviving family for the costs. That would be something I'd have issue with.
Image?
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,981

Post#516 » by Capn'O » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:28 pm

Read on Twitter

That combo of facts and heat is refreshing.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,609

Post#517 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:51 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Read on Twitter

We don’t hold back :lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#518 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:01 pm

Barcs wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Everything is going to be a complete fcking mess in two months. You watch. I bet by November at the latest, the schools will be closing down again; businesses, restaurants, and bars will be closing down again until we can get the numbers back to some level of reasonableness. And who knows when that'll be, for Christ's sake.

I lost four relatives this year including my dad (100 years old!) and my closest cousin (69 years old) who was my fishing Guru and buddy. We were just talking about our lists of potential destinations to retire at. Neither died from COVID. I can't even watch the news anymore. Everything is out of our control and depressing. Next summer is going to be Hell.

I meant to reply to this earlier. I'm so sorry to hear about your relatives dying. I had a similar situation with my mother-in-law's mom. It was crazy, the day she turned 100, she collapsed and went to the hospital. From there it was down hill and needed special care from then on. She ended up dying a week before her 101th birthday. My grandfather used to joke around a lot and say that the first 100 years are the hardest, but this was the exact opposite. Either way, making it to 100 is a incredible accomplishment.

Thanks for reaching out, Barcs. I bet she lived a remarkable life and it sounds like she was loved and cared for.

Longevity - Mike Francesa would call them “accumulators” in the sports’ context - has gotten some players into the Hall of Fame. I think that’s probably true for the rest of us “normies” to some extent. When you live that long, you get to touch a lot of lives and experience a lot of things that many others to get to.

Of course, there are others you seem to live three lifetimes by the age of 50.
POSTING POLICIES:
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,182

Post#519 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:06 pm

Covid is stage one of a coming massive die-off in humanity.

If society can’t cooperate now, then a more virulent strain will wipe out much larger portions of the population, particulary the unvaccinated, in the future.

Obama basically saved us from a global Ebola outbreak. If he had not marshaled the aid and manpower and pushed the international effort to combat Ebola in Africa it would have surely spread. We should consider ourselves fortunate that our dry run was covid and not ebola. There will be something stronger than the current covid variants and based on how incapable our civilization is on reaching consensus I expect the consequences next time to be way more dire than at present.

If humans can’t work together then we may see a large population reduction in the future.
ImageImageImage
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,981

Post#520 » by Capn'O » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:39 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Read on Twitter

We don’t hold back :lol:

Seems true of the Islands generally. Love it.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:

Return to New York Knicks