Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#1181 » by HMFFL » Thu Sep 9, 2021 5:21 pm

akhan786 wrote:https://youtu.be/LaUvRGj0oGw

What would it take to get Zion? I say let them pick whomever they want not named Trae and Bogi
I won't ever forget 1:05 of the video.
Whomever they want not named Trae seems about right.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Years80HAWKS
Junior
And1: 42

Post#1182 » by Years80HAWKS » Thu Sep 9, 2021 5:53 pm

A good player as he is, something different to anyone seen previously, I do not think he fits with us.
In my opinion, Collins is more the type of player we need.
akhan786
Starter
And1: 2,017

Post#1183 » by akhan786 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:03 am

Years80HAWKS wrote:A good player as he is, something different to anyone seen previously, I do not think he fits with us.
In my opinion, Collins is more the type of player we need.

Idk man. I think you risk overthinking it a bit. Trae and Zion with spacing would break the league.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,470

Post#1184 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:27 pm

If MPJ doesn't agree to a rookie contract extension with Denver, I wonder if there is an opportunity to swoop in and grab him in trade...

Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#1185 » by Spud2nique » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:54 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:If MPJ doesn't agree to a rookie contract extension with Denver, I wonder if there is an opportunity to swoop in and grab him in trade...

This trade is definitely be down for, get the friends together, Trae and MPJ. This is probably one of the few guys in the league that I’d be interested in moving some of our assets.
Years80HAWKS
Junior
And1: 42

Post#1186 » by Years80HAWKS » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:08 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:If MPJ doesn't agree to a rookie contract extension with Denver, I wonder if there is an opportunity to swoop in and grab him in trade...

This trade is definitely be down for, get the friends together, Trae and MPJ. This is probably one of the few guys in the league that I’d be interested in moving some of our assets.

I completely agree.
Although he is not a superstar and never be, because he lacks that killer instict others have, he is a super player.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#1187 » by Spud2nique » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:47 pm

Years80HAWKS wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

I completely agree.
Although he is not a superstar and never be, because he lacks that killer instict others have, he is a super player.

Wait a sec though, pump the brakes on the never being a superstar. I agree with his clutchness though. He delivers.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1188 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:04 pm

NBA Trades That Need to Happen Before Training Camp

Bulls, Hawks Swap Prospects

Chicago Bulls receive: Cam Reddish

Atlanta Hawks receive: Coby White

The Hawks may not have enough minutes on the wing to properly develop Cam Reddish. The Bulls may lack the backcourt chances and touches to bring Coby White along.

Could these two Eastern Conference clubs come together for a win-win swap?

It seems possible. Atlanta has long tried to solve its non-Trae Young minutes, and White could represent the most interesting solution to date. Right now, the Hawks either have to sacrifice scoring and volume shooting with Delon Wright or size with 6'1", 180-pound rookie Sharife Cooper.

White might give Atlanta the best of both worlds as a 6'5", 195-pounder who can hunt for his own shots, create them for others or spot up off the ball. If the Hawks hit big on his development, he could become someone who can both spell Young and suit up alongside him.

As for Chicago, this roster is screaming for reinforcements at small forward. Patrick Williams' long-term home seems to be power forward, which might explain why Lauri Markkanen no longer resides in the Windy City. Troy Brown Jr. hasn't proved he can consistently contribute at this level. Stanley Johnson is still most notable for being a top-10 pick six years ago.

In other words, the Bulls can clear the runway for the Reddish like the wing-heavy Hawks cannot. His name surfaced in trade rumors near the draft, and Chicago would be wise to pounce. He has struggled with injuries and inconsistency so far, but you can see the outline of a three-and-D wing who also helps with shot-creation.
Bleacher Report
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1189 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:30 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
Years80HAWKS wrote:I completely agree.

Wait a sec though, pump the brakes on the never being a superstar. I agree with his clutchness though. He delivers.

RE: the debate on paying MPJ, see below.

Michael Porter Jr., Denver Nuggets

Porter’s offensive skills are indisputable. At 6-foot-10 with a 7-foot wingspan, electric athleticism, a high release point, and a velvet touch, the former national high school player of the year can fill it up from damn near anywhere inside half court. He averaged 19 points per game as a sophomore, breaking out as a true three-level scorer who shot 77.5 percent on attempts at the rim, 48.3 percent from midrange, and 44.5 percent from 3-point land on more than six attempts per game. That’s a rare brand of efficiency: Porter averaged 1.33 points per shot attempt last season, ranking him in the 96th percentile of all NBA forwards, according to Cleaning the Glass.

After Jamal Murray’s season-ending ACL tear, Porter stepped into a more central role and shined, averaging 23.2 points per game on obscene 55/44/85 shooting splits despite shouldering a significantly larger share of the Nuggets’ offensive workload. And his gift for igniting in a hurry was on full display in Game 6 against Portland in the first round of the playoffs, when Porter dropped 22 points on the Blazers’ heads in the first 12 minutes:

Whatever other concerns you might raise about Porter’s on-court work, this dude was essentially built in a lab to put the ball in the basket. And in a game that, as the prophets have told us, has always been and always will be about buckets, that is a skill that gets you paid.

So, why haven’t we already seen Porter put pen to paper on his own nine-figure check? Porter’s medical history might have something to do with it. Recall that Porter suffered a back injury that required a microdiscectomy procedure on the L-3- L-4 discs in his spine, limiting him to just 53 minutes during his lone collegiate season at Missouri, prompting his slide to the 14th pick in the 2018 draft, and leading Denver to essentially give him a medical redshirt for what would have been his rookie season.

Those woes haven’t reared their ugly head over the past two seasons—the most time Porter’s spent on the shelf was a 10-game stint in January from a positive COVID-19 test—but given how serious they were at the outset of his career and how notoriously tricky back issues can be, you could understand at least some trepidation about forking over $172 million to someone who’s logged just 3,598 minutes of total floor time since his draft. Especially considering that would be far from the only hefty contract on the Nuggets’ books.

Come ’23-24, the Nuggets could be locked into nearly $130 million just for Jokic, Murray, Porter, and Gordon. As much as Nuggets president Tim Connelly wants to “reward” Porter’s work ethic and production, might ownership blanch a bit at that projected balance sheet, and decide that’s just too rich an overall commitment—even for an MVP-led roster that, with a healthy Murray, really might have a shot to win it all?

You’d certainly hope not...The big question is whether Porter would be willing to accept a max deal with certain injury protections and/or minutes and games played incentives (like the deal that Joel Embiid signed four years ago) or a contract that came in slightly below the max but still guaranteed Porter nine figures (like the ones that players like Giannis Antetokounmpo, Jaylen Brown, and John Collins inked coming off their rookie deals), or if he’s willing to hold fast and firm that he deserves the full max, no ifs, ands, buts, or restrictions appended.

...it wouldn’t be shocking for a player as confident and self-possessed as Porter to decide to bet on himself and look to strike it rich in restricted free agency next summer.
The Ringer
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#1190 » by Spud2nique » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:43 pm

Jamaal who ya got to add to your franchise today:

Ben Simmons or MJP?
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1191 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:11 pm

Spud2nique wrote:Jamaal who ya got to add to your franchise today:

Ben Simmons or MJP?

Man, that's a tough one.

Simmons' defense and positional versatility is intriguing...but MPJ can get buckets like crazy.

I think I'd lean towards Porter, Jr. if we can get him to sign an incentive laden contract that only maxes out with games played and All Star selections.

He and Trae already have a tight relationship...and MPJ works perfectly next to Capela and Okongwu both.

But with his injury history...it's a risk.

Simmons is really good, but we'd need to revamp the whole front court to matchup with his skillset. For MPJ, we'd just trade Collins, Reddish and Sharife Cooper and call it a day.

(NOTE: Early on in 2018, I had MPJ as my #1 prospect in that draft class. Ahead of Ayton, Trae and Luka.)
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 656

Post#1192 » by D21 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:36 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
NBA Trades That Need to Happen Before Training Camp

Bulls, Hawks Swap Prospects

Chicago Bulls receive: Cam Reddish
Atlanta Hawks receive: Coby White
Bleacher Report

Yeah, I even didn't read the article... for sure, let's get a wing that has the potential to lock a bit serial 3pts shooters that can destroy you in playoffs... for a PG that would be 3rd PG on rotation at best...
Can they stop their BS ? before the training... for who ? for CHI, because they already know what White is. But for ATL ? Reddish is still part of a mystery, and it doesn't change to wait and see what really is.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#1193 » by Spud2nique » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:38 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:

Ben Simmons or MJP?

Man, that's a tough one.

Simmons' defense and positional versatility is intriguing...but MPJ can get buckets like crazy.

I think I'd lean towards Porter, Jr. if we can get him to sign an incentive laden contract that only maxes out with games played and All Star selections.

He and Trae already have a tight relationship...and MPJ works perfectly next to Capela and Okongwu both.

Simmons is really good, but we'd need to revamp the whole front court to matchup with his skillset. For MPJ, we'd just trade Collins, Reddish and Sharife Cooper and call it a day.

(NOTE: Early on in 2018, I had MPJ as my #1 prospect in that draft class. Ahead of Ayton, Trae and Luka.)

Wow, you and kg had MPJ as your boys. Well he had Sexton too.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,629

Post#1194 » by kg01 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:29 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

Ben Simmons or MJP?

Man, that's a tough one.

Wow, you and kg had MPJ as your boys. Well he had Sexton too.

Despite his simmering disdain, jamallo and I actually agree on a lot (I think).

When will I ever shake the Sexton stank tho? I literally touted him for about 2 weeks then jumped off that bandwagon in favor of Bamba (yikes!). If anything, you should chide me on that courtship more than anything.
king01 :king:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1195 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:39 pm

Man, this would be highway robbery if we pulled this off...

NBA Trade Ideas 1 Month Before 2021-22 Season

Send Ben Simmons to the Atlanta Hawks

Atlanta Hawks Receive: G Ben Simmons

Philadelphia 76ers Receive: G/F Cam Reddish, SG Kevin Huerter, PF Danilo Gallinari

The three-time All-Star has already helped the Hawks advance in the postseason, so joining Atlanta on a full-time basis only makes sense.

Simmons and Trae Young would be one of the NBA's best backcourts and could cover for each other's weaknesses extremely well. Young has no problem taking shots from anywhere inside the halfcourt line, and his defensive shortcomings would be negated by Simmons' incredible abilities on that end.

There's also enough shooters left on Atlanta's roster to make the fit work (Young, Bogdan Bogdanovic, John Collins, DeAndre Hunter, Lou Williams, Delon Wright), and Simmons can play anywhere up or down the lineup as an all-world shot-creator and defender.

For Philly, they get a replacement for Harris at power forward in Gallinari, who's still one of the best floor-spacing big men in the NBA. Huerter is a 6'7" shooting guard who can handle the ball and Reddish still carries incredible upside on both ends.

The Sixers would carry a starting five of McCollum, Seth Curry, Danny Green, Gallinari and Embiid to begin the season, with a bench of Huerter, Reddish, Tyrese Maxey, Matisse Thybulle and Andre Drummond.

Not only is Philly set up to win right away, there's still enough young talent on the roster to make a run at Damian Lillard or any other star who may pop up on the trade market during the year.
Bleacher Report
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 656

Post#1196 » by D21 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:21 am

Jamaaliver wrote:Man, this would be highway robbery if we pulled this off...

I would prefer to wait February, or at least some months, before trading Reddish.
I know you would like so much to get Simmons, but are sure that we would be better than last season with this trade ?

It's not that I don't like him, sure he would bring something, but there are too many points that I don't understand in this trade, just two of these :
- I'm not sure at all that the "one covering the weakness of the other" works great.
If both are on the floor, will Trae take the 3pts shots that Simmons doesn't take ?
Wouldn't it be easier for opponent to defend on Trae ? I see something like 1,5 defender on Trae and 0.5 on Simmons if both are around the 3pts line...
- why would it be a problem for ATL to keep their young guys because they will have to be extended and maybe because they don't want to come of the bench, if they end up being in the same situation with another team ?
Why having these guys being right now on the bench is a problem for ATL, but would not be for PHI ?
And if we replace them by a guy already making maybe more than the combo of Huerter and Reddish future extensions ? where's the flexibility for other players' extension

I don't know, I think that I like this roster, more than any since a lot of years, that I don't want any trade, at least until February and the chance to see what they can do all together.
I know that it's better to do a trade before the season starts than in the middle of the season (it rarely pays off), but, I can't see a trade I would do at this moment
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1197 » by HMFFL » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:17 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Man, this would be highway robbery if we pulled this off...

NBA Trade Ideas 1 Month Before 2021-22 Season

Send Ben Simmons to the Atlanta Hawks

Atlanta Hawks Receive: G Ben Simmons

Philadelphia 76ers Receive: G/F Cam Reddish, SG Kevin Huerter, PF Danilo Gallinari

The three-time All-Star has already helped the Hawks advance in the postseason, so joining Atlanta on a full-time basis only makes sense.

Simmons and Trae Young would be one of the NBA's best backcourts and could cover for each other's weaknesses extremely well. Young has no problem taking shots from anywhere inside the halfcourt line, and his defensive shortcomings would be negated by Simmons' incredible abilities on that end.

There's also enough shooters left on Atlanta's roster to make the fit work (Young, Bogdan Bogdanovic, John Collins, DeAndre Hunter, Lou Williams, Delon Wright), and Simmons can play anywhere up or down the lineup as an all-world shot-creator and defender.

For Philly, they get a replacement for Harris at power forward in Gallinari, who's still one of the best floor-spacing big men in the NBA. Huerter is a 6'7" shooting guard who can handle the ball and Reddish still carries incredible upside on both ends.

The Sixers would carry a starting five of McCollum, Seth Curry, Danny Green, Gallinari and Embiid to begin the season, with a bench of Huerter, Reddish, Tyrese Maxey, Matisse Thybulle and Andre Drummond.

Not only is Philly set up to win right away, there's still enough young talent on the roster to make a run at Damian Lillard or any other star who may pop up on the trade market during the year.
Bleacher Report
The main risk is he wants to be on a Cali team according to reports. I doubt the Kings are one of his desired teams. I would do the trade just to hope Ben increases his value so we can capitalize off his value in the future.

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1198 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Oct 6, 2021 2:08 pm

Predictions for NBA's Top 5 Trade Targets

Buddy Hield To Atlanta

Atlanta Hawks receive: Buddy Hield

Sacramento Kings receive: Cam Reddish and Danilo Gallinari

Over the past four-plus seasons, Buddy Hield has provided the Kings with a boatload of long-balls and seemingly just as many trade whispers. Just this summer, in fact, the sweet-shooting swingman appeared on the way to being traded to the Los Angeles Lakers, before the club reversed course at the last second and pivoted to the Russell Westbrook trade.

The talks were far enough along with Hield that L.A.'s change of heart reportedly "left Sacramento management steaming," per The Athletic's Bill Oram, Shams Charania and Sam Amick. So, while Hield still has three seasons remaining on his contract, forgive us for thinking he won't spend its duration in Sacramento.

Atlanta should get in on the bidding. The Hawks were just 17th in three-point makes last season, which seems impossibly low for a Trae Young-led attack. But they didn't have a bomber like Buddy Buckets, whose 4.0 threes and 10.2 attempts would've easily paced last season's Hawks.

There would be no comfortable way for opponents to handle a Young pick-and-roll with John Collins or Clint Capela (or, once he's healthy, Onyeka Okongwu) with Hield lurking as a catch-and-splash option. The perimeter defense might bleed a bit with Young and Hield in the backcourt, but a frontcourt featuring Capela or Okongwu and De'Andre Hunter could help limit the damage.

This exchange would give the Kings better roster balance by swapping out Hield, a natural shooting guard, for Cam Reddish, a 6'8" combo forward. Reddish could also help perk up Sacramento's dismal, league-worst defense. Finally, Danilo Gallinari would add scoring punch to the Kings' frontcourt and help widen attack lanes for De'Aaron Fox, Tyrese Haliburton and Davion Mitchell to penetrate.
Bleacher Report
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,955

Post#1199 » by shakes0 » Wed Oct 6, 2021 8:51 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:

Buddy Hield To Atlanta

Over the past four-plus seasons, Buddy Hield has provided the Kings with a boatload of long-balls and seemingly just as many trade whispers. Just this summer, in fact, the sweet-shooting swingman appeared on the way to being traded to the Los Angeles Lakers, before the club reversed course at the last second and pivoted to the Russell Westbrook trade.

The talks were far enough along with Hield that L.A.'s change of heart reportedly "left Sacramento management steaming," per The Athletic's Bill Oram, Shams Charania and Sam Amick. So, while Hield still has three seasons remaining on his contract, forgive us for thinking he won't spend its duration in Sacramento.

Atlanta should get in on the bidding. The Hawks were just 17th in three-point makes last season, which seems impossibly low for a Trae Young-led attack. But they didn't have a bomber like Buddy Buckets, whose 4.0 threes and 10.2 attempts would've easily paced last season's Hawks.

There would be no comfortable way for opponents to handle a Young pick-and-roll with John Collins or Clint Capela (or, once he's healthy, Onyeka Okongwu) with Hield lurking as a catch-and-splash option. The perimeter defense might bleed a bit with Young and Hield in the backcourt, but a frontcourt featuring Capela or Okongwu and De'Andre Hunter could help limit the damage.

This exchange would give the Kings better roster balance by swapping out Hield, a natural shooting guard, for Cam Reddish, a 6'8" combo forward. Reddish could also help perk up Sacramento's dismal, league-worst defense. Finally, Danilo Gallinari would add scoring punch to the Kings' frontcourt and help widen attack lanes for De'Aaron Fox, Tyrese Haliburton and Davion Mitchell to penetrate.
Bleacher Report

every article I read posted here from Bleacher Report makes me think more and more that Bleacher Report is the worst basketball site on the internet. every article is dumber than the last.

This trade just the latest in idiocy. I wouldn't trade Gallo or Reddish straight up for Hield, let alone both of them.

We have plenty of 3 point shooting. The reason we were just 17th is because of injuries.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1200 » by HMFFL » Wed Oct 6, 2021 9:53 pm

shakes0 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

Buddy Hield To Atlanta

Bleacher Report

every article I read posted here from Bleacher Report makes me think more and more that Bleacher Report is the worst basketball site on the internet. every article is dumber than the last.

This trade just the latest in idiocy. I wouldn't trade Gallo or Reddish straight up for Hield, let alone both of them.

We have plenty of 3 point shooting. The reason we were just 17th is because of injuries.
When Bleacher Report first came out, maybe 15yrs ago, Realgm banned posting their articles, because everything was made up. I suppose that has changed since it's allowed now.

I never take the articles serious.

Return to Atlanta Hawks