ImageImageImageImageImage

Build a Franchise (Season 5) Bubble Tournament Edition- (Bubble schedule on page 21)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,405
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Re: Build a Franchise (Season 5) Bubble Tournament Edition- (Bubble schedule on page 21) 

Post#1761 » by E-Balla » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:34 pm

2010 wrote:As for the blockbuster deal, I like that move for NewEra. He turned Harden into Kyrie (just as deadly a scoring option) + Tobias. It gives him more meat on top of the bone, which lengthens his lineup, so in turn he killed 2 birds with one stone.

As I was saying, NewEra is a quality GM. He understood, even with Embiid + Harden, a top heavy squad without a deeper supporting cast wouldn’t cut it for his championship goals. So he leveraged the pick to turn Harden into two additional top scoring options, stretching out his lineup, to mitigate the concerns regarding quality depth. Nice work!

MP gets a scoring title level offensive #1 option as well as a C he was missing in Zubac. Making a beneficial trade for both teams.

Yep. I'm already in his PMs with a win/win deal I think. NewEra is one of the GMs I know will take a move if it's out there. Not afraid to pull the trigger.
E-Balla
RealGM

Re: Build a Franchise (Season 5) Bubble Tournament Edition- (Bubble schedule on page 21) 

Post#1762 » by E-Balla » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:37 pm

Melo are the bubble rosters already locked? I don't wanna see the new Warriors in this tournament lol.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,213

Post#1763 » by mpharris36 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:37 pm

since you don't have to deal with "off the court" Kyrie in the SIM. Was a good move for GS since Harris is a good 3rd banana.

I always wonder if the SIM will ever auto correct Harden's defensive ability. But until that point he is one of the top SIM players in the game.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,086

Post#1764 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:44 pm

E-Balla wrote:Melo are the bubble rosters already locked? I don't wanna see the new Warriors in this tournament lol.

:lol:

Nah I ain’t locking it. I wanna see the new Warriors
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#1765 » by E-Balla » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:12 pm

mpharris36 wrote:since you don't have to deal with "off the court" Kyrie in the SIM. Was a good move for GS since Harris is a good 3rd banana.

I always wonder if the SIM will ever auto correct Harden's defensive ability. But until that point he is one of the top SIM players in the game.

Well they said chemistry matters more now so you don't know that.

3toheadmelo wrote:
E-Balla wrote:Melo are the bubble rosters already locked? I don't wanna see the new Warriors in this tournament lol.

:lol:

Nah I ain’t locking it. I wanna see the new Warriors

Bet. Imma need NE to check his DMs then lol. See if I can get the new look Thunder ready in the next 3 days lol.
Smash3
RealGM
And1: 9,931

Post#1766 » by Smash3 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:58 pm

NewEra wrote:Let’s work. I already watched my team beat Smash back to back in 2k22. :o :lol:

That’s was fun to watch, but on to what truly matters…Our BAF sim.

The facts:
4.5 rated Kyrie Irving played 82 games last sim season (huge) and averaged 29ppg on 53% shooting, 7apg, 2spg in just 30 minutes of play.

FGI 80
FGJ 90
FT 92
SCR 93

IRL 2021 stats
27ppg, 5apg, 6apg, 1spg

In order to compete we needed a legit #3. Welcome back Tobias. And we got a dog in TT who is a sim beast on the boards.

Team is looking ridiculous bro. I knew you were never standing pat, you’re the definition of “always stay hungry”.

Regarding the bold though….. Hell nah! :lol: send me your rotation and I’ll stream a game :lol:
G: James Harden | Kris Dunn
G: Zach LaVine | Reggie Jackson
F: Josh Richardson | Nassir Little
F: Paul George | Otto Porter
C: Jakob Poeltl | Bismack Biyombo
Smash3
RealGM
And1: 9,931

Post#1767 » by Smash3 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:26 pm

I have to salute NE's deal.

Because at the end of the day a GM might have put together a good squad a couple seasons ago, or done a good job drafting in the beginning of BAF, but can that GM build another contender/competitive team? Can the GM hit the trade market and win? Can the GM successfully maneuver FA? Can the GM retool on the fly? The answers to those questions are what separate a good/lucky GM from a great GM. New Era has done all the above multiple times.

So I urge all y'all teams that have been standing pat for a while to get out there, and find out what y'all are made of. Make some big moves

G: James Harden | Kris Dunn
G: Zach LaVine | Reggie Jackson
F: Josh Richardson | Nassir Little
F: Paul George | Otto Porter
C: Jakob Poeltl | Bismack Biyombo
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1768 » by mpharris36 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:29 pm

Smash3 wrote:I have to salute NE's deal.

Because at the end of the day a GM might have put together a good squad a couple seasons ago, or done a good job drafting in the beginning of BAF, but can that GM build another contender/competitive team? Can the GM hit the trade market and win? Can the GM successfully maneuver FA? Can the GM retool on the fly? The answers to those questions are what separate a good/lucky GM from a great GM.

So I urge all y'all teams that have been standing pat for a while to get out there, and find out what y'all are made of. Make some big moves

as long as its after FA :rofl:

ROSTER

NewEra
RealGM
And1: 13,311

Post#1769 » by NewEra » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:28 pm

Nuff respect to my fellow GMs who recognize & respect the grind. Literally (sorry Br7) closed the Kyrie/Harris deal while standing in the cereal aisle of the supermarket with my 3 year old :lol: . Props to SOUL and MProject who are both great communicators.

Yo Smash, I'll be settled in by 3:30pm. I'll definitely send my rotation to you bro. :thumbsup:
BAF- 2020 Champs | 2021 2k Champs
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,964

Post#1770 » by Manhattan Project » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:35 pm

NewEra wrote:Nuff respect to my fellow GMs who recognize & respect the grind. Literally closed the Kyrie/Harris deal while standing in the cereal aisle of the supermarket with my 3 year old :lol: . Props to SOUL and MProject who are both great communicators.

Yo Smash, I'll be settled in by 3:30pm. I'll definitely send my rotation to you bro. :thumbsup:

NewEra so committed to BAF that he’s analyzing posting patterns, he knew when I’d be around and checks in late at night. :lol:

I’m always cautious when dealing with him or Smash because you know they have another move lined up, I had to try and squeeze every penny out of him. Surprised Harris and or Irving haven’t been moved yet.

Either way, I think in the sim Harden has proven year after year that he can carry a team by himself. Bazemore should be a sneaky pickup for cheap and Zubac should provide better interior defense along with Siakim. Now it’s just a matter of seeing how far Harden can carry this team.

Dinwiddie on the block if anyone sees something.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,692

Post#1771 » by Fat » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:36 pm

NewEra wrote:Nuff respect to my fellow GMs who recognize & respect the grind. Literally (sorry Br7) closed the Kyrie/Harris deal while standing in the cereal aisle of the supermarket with my 3 year old :lol: . Props to SOUL and MProject who are both great communicators.

Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,086

Post#1772 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:37 pm

Angryfatboy wrote:
NewEra wrote:Nuff respect to my fellow GMs who recognize & respect the grind. Literally (sorry Br7) closed the Kyrie/Harris deal while standing in the cereal aisle of the supermarket with my 3 year old :lol: . Props to SOUL and MProject who are both great communicators.

this man finds a pic for every situation :lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
NewEra
RealGM

Post#1773 » by NewEra » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:43 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Angryfatboy wrote:

The accuracy! Except I’m black bro. :lol:
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1774 » by mpharris36 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:49 pm

NewEra wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Angryfatboy wrote:

ROSTER

NewEra
RealGM

Post#1775 » by NewEra » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:50 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:
NewEra wrote:Nuff respect to my fellow GMs who recognize & respect the grind. Literally closed the Kyrie/Harris deal while standing in the cereal aisle of the supermarket with my 3 year old :lol: . Props to SOUL and MProject who are both great communicators.

NewEra so committed to BAF that he’s analyzing posting patterns, he knew when I’d be around and checks in late at night. :lol:

I’m always cautious when dealing with him or Smash because you know they have another move lined up, I had to try and squeeze every penny out of him. Surprised Harris and or Irving haven’t been moved yet.

Either way, I think in the sim Harden has proven year after year that he can carry a team by himself. Bazemore should be a sneaky pickup for cheap and Zubac should provide better interior defense along with Siakim. Now it’s just a matter of seeing how far Harden can carry this team.

Oh most def.
Smash- early morning
Hoffa - early morning
You- late night
Ribs- Late night
Soul- Late night
Harris - all day
Melo - all day
2010- mid day
AFB- all day
Context- all day
Wackbone- late night
Richard- all day (just barely responds lol)
Phish (ignores me but we have an understanding lol)
Cap - late night
Deeeez (trades once a year)
Eballa- late night/early morning
Pooch- early morning
Strick (late night)
DaGawd- all day
Depalma- 10amIsh/ early afternoon

And that’s just to name a few. Call it what you want, but I call it knowing the competition. Timing is everything lol
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1776 » by mpharris36 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:50 pm

I don't know if it beats my trade being finalized during my wife epidural

but not too shabby! :lol:

ROSTER

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,578

Post#1777 » by Capn'O » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:52 pm

We need some sort of in-season gif-off tournament between

Melo
mpharris
K-Dot
AFB
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,578

Post#1778 » by Capn'O » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:53 pm

NewEra wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:

Oh most def.
Smash- early morning
Hoffa - early morning
You- late night
Ribs- Late night
Soul- Late night
Harris - all day
Melo - all day
2010- mid day
AFB- all day
Context- all day
Wackbone- late night
Richard- all day (just barely responds lol)
Phish (ignores me but we have an understanding lol)
Cap - late night
Deeeez (trades once a year)
Eballa- late night/early morning
Pooch- early morning
Strick (late night)
DaGawd- all day
Depalma- early afternoon

And that’s just to name a few. Call it what you want, but I call it knowing the competition. Timing is everything lol

Jesus... that's amazing. Though technically it's still evening for me :lol: It makes sense though - I think Pooch is Europe based so he sends stuff way early and I'm just like "ahhh can't."

I also crawl into "no deal" shells for weeks to months at a time :lol:
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
NewEra
RealGM

Post#1779 » by NewEra » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:53 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
NewEra wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:this man finds a pic for every situation :lol:

:rofl:
NewEra
RealGM

Post#1780 » by NewEra » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:58 pm

mpharris36 wrote:

I don't know if it beats my trade being finalized during my wife epidural

but not too shabby! :lol:

Nothing will ever beat that lol

Return to New York Knicks