ImageImageImageImageImage

Barnes hanging out in downtown with....

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Gavin_TDThree
Senior
And1: 578

Re: Barnes hanging out in downtown with.... 

Post#41 » by Gavin_TDThree » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:21 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:The office district is a weird place to "hang out", but the weather last night was perfect - until the rains game.

I really don't see how Freddie G (unguaranteed) and Dekker can make this roster, but they're fun guys to have around. "Scotland" Barnes indeed. :lol:

It's not like some massive district :lol: You clear it in 10 minutes.

Plus he lives in a condo near John and Front (my buddy bumped into him in the elevator), so walking towards Bay and stuff is at least a nice walk. Couple solid restaurants
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,480

Post#42 » by OakleyDokely » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:24 pm

I'm sure that buyout is happening any second now....
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 36,818

Post#43 » by Tor_Raps » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:38 pm

MadDogSHWA wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
MadDogSHWA wrote:Dragic can help us. Glad to see him acclimating.

Help us with what?

Building winning culture.
Shooting.
Scoring.
Mentorship.

Tor_Raps wrote:We would have tried harder to keep Lowry around if we were thinking in that direction

That's an assumption.

What's an assumption? Lol

Dragic is gone the first offer that satisfies Masai. I'm happy that he's being a pro about this situation though. He could have easily sulked.
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,161

Post#44 » by djsunyc » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:49 pm

dragic wearing a sweater around his neck like a 1980's movie villian.
Rapsalot
Head Coach
And1: 1,646

Post#45 » by Rapsalot » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:56 pm

I like this but think a couple of these players won’t make roster.
PerfectJab
Veteran
And1: 1,354

Post#46 » by PerfectJab » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:01 pm

djsunyc wrote:dragic wearing a sweater around his neck like a 1980's movie villian.

More like Carlton Banks
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,675

Post#47 » by VanWest82 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:04 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:Team Negative will have to change tactics from Goran not wanting to be here to Goran is partying too much and a bad influence on our young players.

Could be though I'd put money on "Goran's stealing touches from Scottie and hurting his development" with casual mention of "fake wins" while we battle for a lower playoff seed.
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,824

Post#48 » by lobosloboslobos » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:08 pm

VanWest82 wrote:
ATLTimekeeper wrote:Team Negative will have to change tactics from Goran not wanting to be here to Goran is partying too much and a bad influence on our young players.

Could be though I'd put money on "Goran's stealing touches from Scottie and hurting his development" with casual mention of "fake wins" while we battle for a lower playoff seed.

If he plays well we'll probably have a Freddie vs Goran deathmatch like the old Jose vs TJ days instead of 'wow our PGs are really good'
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,601

Post#49 » by C_Money » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:28 pm

Mack11 wrote:some are surprised at seeing Goran there.. personally Im surprised to see Freddie there.. thought that dude is getting cut for sure

He could end up making the team just because he’s a Center and we only have 3 of them.
MadDogSHWA
General Manager
And1: 5,347

Post#50 » by MadDogSHWA » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:37 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
MadDogSHWA wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
Help us with what?

Building winning culture.
Shooting.
Scoring.
Mentorship.

Tor_Raps wrote:We would have tried harder to keep Lowry around if we were thinking in that direction

That's an assumption.

What's an assumption?

The sentence I quoted.

Tor_Raps wrote:Dragic is gone the first offer that satisfies Masai.

That's an assumption.

I'm not saying these aren't perfectly logical and highly likely. I'm saying from a standpoint of actual evidence and critical thinking these are nothing more than assumptions.
"Packin' a Yak in the back by the rack" ~ Big Pun (probably)
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,601

Post#51 » by C_Money » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:41 pm

Harcore Fenton Mun wrote:Tbh, I wouldn't be shocked if Dekker made the rotation. If he starts making shots, it's going to be hard to say no.

I think he’s probably getting cut. We signed Svi Mikailiuk to a 2 year deal. Ishmail Wainwright has “Nick Nurse player” written all over him and probably makes the team as well.
B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Post#52 » by B-Ball Freak » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:45 pm

Barnes really looks like he will be Raptor fan favorite for a loong time and he'll love the city like Derozan did.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,733

Post#53 » by Basketball_Jones » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:53 pm

VanWest82 wrote:

That’d be funny. I’d say it’s more likely he takes minutes from GTR, who most aren’t too high on anyways. Drag will likely be annoying when he’s helping us win games when we are out of the playoff hunt. If he’s still around, if we don’t sit a bunch of players like we did last season.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,206

Post#54 » by Dalek » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:05 pm

Basketball_Jones wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:

That’d be funny. I’d say it’s more likely he takes minutes from GTR, who most aren’t too high on anyways. Drag will likely be annoying when he’s helping us win games when we are out of the playoff hunt. If he’s still around, if we don’t sit a bunch of players like we did last season.

While him being in Toronto is a positive as well as hanging out with the team, nothing is guaranteed that he is staying around. He could have been here to meet with his agent and the FO to work out the plan.

It is really hard to envision him as a starter considering the spend on GTR. As a bench SG he would have chemistry with Precious but Flynn's dad will be "MAD".
HangTime
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,590

Post#55 » by HangTime » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:09 pm

When was the last time training camp was actually in Toronto?
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,591

Post#56 » by Son Goku 25 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:10 pm

Would be absolutely hilarious if Goran impresses and stays and we end up in the playoffs. Then you have massive threads discussing Fred Flintstone vs Goran threads would be classic Raptor material.

Thankfully our FO is beyond that and will manage and prevent this lol
bongmarley
Veteran
And1: 1,152

Post#57 » by bongmarley » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:16 pm

stop with the buyout crap. he is here for now just enjoy, he will help the team
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,722

Post#58 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:21 pm

C_Money wrote:I think he’s probably getting cut. We signed Svi Mikailiuk to a 2 year deal. Ishmail Wainwright has “Nick Nurse player” written all over him and probably makes the team as well.

I kind of see Ish as G league fodder until he's up to speed. Dekker's got that height, if he's over 34% from three he's going to be hard to supplant.

I love Ish long term though, he's a steal machine. He's just probably on a different path. Maybe after we figure out the Goran situation, by the second half of the year.
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,722

Post#59 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:48 pm

WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,340

Post#60 » by WuTang_OG » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:55 pm

The only people surprised at Goran showing up are the ones who believe made up rumours. He was always showing up and cleared the air on his slovenian comments weeks ago.

Return to Toronto Raptors