Image ImageImage Image

WOJ: NBA investigating possible tampering: Update Bulls forfeit 2nd Round Pick pg. 31

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

bad knees
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Re: WOJ: NBA investigating possible tampering violations on Ball: Update pg. 14 

Post#481 » by bad knees » Thu Sep 2, 2021 5:42 pm

The draft was Aug 2, exactly a month ago. The Bucks’ tampering investigation took about a month to resolve, so we should be hearing soon. I bet it gets announced on Friday afternoon as we head into the Labor Day weekend. That’s the best way to bury news, and no one is going to want to trumpet this, including the NBA.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,350

Post#482 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Sep 3, 2021 12:10 am

bad knees wrote:The draft was Aug 2, exactly a month ago. The Bucks’ tampering investigation took about a month to resolve, so we should be hearing soon. I bet it gets announced on Friday afternoon as we head into the Labor Day weekend. That’s the best way to bury news, and no one is going to want to trumpet this, including the NBA.

I think especially if they go soft they will bury it. Either way I don't think they want it to be headline news, its a bad look and seems forced on them as is. Like sibling tattling on another and the parents have to stick to the letter of the law but don't really want to.
Clocian
RealGM
And1: 2,579

Post#483 » by Clocian » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:23 pm

Sooooooo did the nba just forget about this or what?

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
Damn I love Hip Hop!
cool007
RealGM
And1: 3,103

Post#484 » by cool007 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:28 pm

Clocian wrote:Sooooooo did the nba just forget about this or what?

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app

That would be the best - or they might just get nudged by someone and they will be like "oh yeah, we are going to fine Half a mil and a 2nd rounder to Bulls and a $100k to Rich Paul and Klutch Sports for spitting out too early."

and be done with it and move on.
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#485 » by weneeda2guard » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:13 am

Over a month. Still nothing. Might be a good sign that they haven't found much. Would figure if the investigation turned up massive evidence of tampering it would have been dealt with by now. Prolonging it might mean they are still looking and can't find anything.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,485

Post#486 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:11 am

weneeda2guard wrote:Over a month. Still nothing. Might be a good sign that they haven't found much. Would figure if the investigation turned up massive evidence of tampering it would have been dealt with by now. Prolonging it might mean they are still looking and can't find anything.

I’ve had that thought. Hopefully that’s what’s going on here.

On the other hand, they may be taking the time to cross their T’s and dot their I’s before dropping a big sanction on us.

Either way, the wait is starting to wear on me.
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#487 » by Grodoboldo » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:48 am

Ugh, they're gonna kill the good vibes and drop the hammer on the same day as our pre-season opener, aren't they?
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 8,913

Post#488 » by meekrab » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:18 am

Every day it goes on longer gives me more and more confidence that nothing is going to happen.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,395

Post#489 » by Muzbar » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:57 am

meekrab wrote:Every day it goes on longer gives me more and more confidence that nothing is going to happen.

Unfortunately I see it the other way, the longer it takes more they are digging.

I'm bracing for the worst.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,452

Post#490 » by samwana » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:04 am

meekrab wrote:Every day it goes on longer gives me more and more confidence that nothing is going to happen.
I agree with you, they would have already dropped the hammer.

RealGM mobile app
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,191

Post#491 » by HomoSapien » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:56 am

Muzbar wrote:

Unfortunately I see it the other way, the longer it takes more they are digging.

Same here. My thinking is that if they didn't have something by now they would have given up. You only keep looking if there's something to look at.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,729

Post#492 » by dougthonus » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:19 am

HomoSapien wrote:
Muzbar wrote:

Same here. My thinking is that if they didn't have something by now they would have given up. You only keep looking if there's something to look at.

I think as a general trend that may be true, but I wouldn't interpret a couple weeks as much. There are lots of reasons things can slow down or take a long time. That said, I don't think the idea that "they haven't said anything maybe it will go away entirely" will turn out to be true. There will be some result of this at some point IMO.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#493 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:57 am

dougthonus wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
Muzbar wrote:Unfortunately I see it the other way, the longer it takes more they are digging.

I think as a general trend that may be true, but I wouldn't interpret a couple weeks as much. There are lots of reasons things can slow down or take a long time. That said, I don't think the idea that "they haven't said anything maybe it will go away entirely" will turn out to be true. There will be some result of this at some point IMO.

Have to agree, unfortunately this is a case and at some point they have to close this investigation, so it can’t just ride off into the sunset and never be mentioned again. I don’t like that it is taking longer, personally that gives me a hinkey feeling. Hope I’m wrong.
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#494 » by ATRAIN53 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:29 pm

Threw out First Pitch last night at Sox game
(took my kid to see Ohtani. Guy goes 0-5 and looks like Baez out there swinging at everything. LOL....)

and I didn't realize that Ball was watching Lavine as a kid at UCLA....
https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/video/bulls-lonzo-ball-and-demar-derozan-excited-work-zach-lavine

We're really a West Coast squad with 4 of our starters -
DeRozan/Vooch = USC
Lavine/Ball = UCLA
RagingBull316
Rookie
And1: 911

Post#495 » by RagingBull316 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:06 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
dougthonus wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:

Have to agree, unfortunately this is a case and at some point they have to close this investigation, so it can’t just ride off into the sunset and never be mentioned again. I don’t like that it is taking longer, personally that gives me a hinkey feeling. Hope I’m wrong.
I wouldnt expect to hear anything until around training camp, this last month has likely been vacation time for most people in the league office.

Sent from my SM-G981U using RealGM mobile app
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,191

Post#496 » by HomoSapien » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:03 pm

dougthonus wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
Muzbar wrote:Unfortunately I see it the other way, the longer it takes more they are digging.

That's certainly true. For all we know, the investigation may have been announced a month+ ago but it may not have started up until recently.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#497 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:58 pm

RagingBull316 wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:
dougthonus wrote:

I wouldnt expect to hear anything until around training camp, this last month has likely been vacation time for most people in the league office.

Sent from my SM-G981U using RealGM mobile app

Makes sense it is the quiet period for sure, I would think they ideally would have wanted it done before they took a break as personally I hate having something like this hanging fire until I get back, but they likely couldn’t make a decision on it before… it seems ticky tacky but we broke the rules doesn’t matter that others do to, we just got caught. Sucks if it is a frp hoping it’s a fine and a second.
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,707

Post#498 » by BullChit » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:49 am

Ohh when is Media day again?

Adam Silver and posse come through to get AK during Pressers and Photo Shoots - Its a grand conspiracy I say
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,788

Post#499 » by WindyCityBorn » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:33 am

I’ll eat a rotten egg if we lose a first round pick.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,946
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#500 » by MalagaBulls » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:15 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Chicago Bulls