ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Crypto, Stocks, Bonds, Real Estate, Investments, IRAs & Finances, etc.

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

bigfnjoe96
General Manager
And1: 3,948

Re: OT: Crypto, Stocks, Bonds, Real Estate, Investments, IRAs & Finances, etc. 

Post#581 » by bigfnjoe96 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:17 am

bringbackhoffa wrote:What could the market fall out be from an Evergrande collapse in China?

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
Could have a pretty big effect. Evergrande is the largest real estate company in the world.

They have properties all over. Not just China. They have debt to a number of BIG banks.

They've been downgraded to a junk bond. Their bonds are now .30 They've have also suspended bond trading.

They're only real way to be saved is if the CCP steps in.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,151

Post#582 » by Garbagelo » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:15 pm

Sandbox

That is all
HighRyzer83
RealGM
And1: 4,487

Post#583 » by HighRyzer83 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:45 pm

br7knicks wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
HighRyzer83 wrote:And they don't report to the IRS ;)
You can set futures and short the market. Set up bots to buy/sell for you on your own limits. Take or offer crypto loans and set your own interest rates. No SS number or ID required. Really a brilliant app.

well, damn. duly noted. thanks for the info.

i made the mistake of using coinbase to buy my ETH, when i had robinhood to buy it win. i do think robinhood is trash, but i need alternatives that also offer free transactions.

i signed up for webull, but never looked into it. i didn't realize it had crypto.

i'd have concern with a group not reporting to the IRS. don't get me wrong, i think it's terrible that the IRS/government tries to take money from us and our crypto. but they always seem to find a way to get what they want. i'd just be concerned.

They don't report to the IRS because they are not US based. Kucoin and hodlnaut are based out of Singapore.
JoeInBklyn
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#584 » by JoeInBklyn » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:06 pm

Anyone have any success buying shibu on Coinbase? Says it’s not supported by Coinbase but they are now allowing it starting today
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#585 » by br7knicks » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:22 pm

HighRyzer83 wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
well, damn. duly noted. thanks for the info.

i made the mistake of using coinbase to buy my ETH, when i had robinhood to buy it win. i do think robinhood is trash, but i need alternatives that also offer free transactions.

i signed up for webull, but never looked into it. i didn't realize it had crypto.

i'd have concern with a group not reporting to the IRS. don't get me wrong, i think it's terrible that the IRS/government tries to take money from us and our crypto. but they always seem to find a way to get what they want. i'd just be concerned.

They don't report to the IRS because they are not US based. Kucoin and hodlnaut are based out of Singapore.

i figured it was something like that. there's no concern that the government will come after people who own securities and **** outside of the US when it comes to taxes?

i ask because i've never done anything like that

our government is always looking for ways to snag as much money from as many people as possible
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
bigfnjoe96
General Manager
And1: 3,948

Post#586 » by bigfnjoe96 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:23 pm

JoeInBklyn wrote:Anyone have any success buying shibu on Coinbase? Says it’s not supported by Coinbase but they are now allowing it starting today
Got have Coinbase Pro i believe

JoeInBklyn
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#587 » by JoeInBklyn » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:11 pm

bigfnjoe96 wrote:
JoeInBklyn wrote:Anyone have any success buying shibu on Coinbase? Says it’s not supported by Coinbase but they are now allowing it starting today

I’ve done more research. Apparently NY doesn’t allow the purchase of shibu :/
br7knicks

Post#588 » by br7knicks » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:21 pm

JoeInBklyn wrote:
bigfnjoe96 wrote:

I’ve done more research. Apparently NY doesn’t allow the purchase of shibu :/

i was going to ask more about it, too.

it looks like if you have coinbase pro you can get it as long as you're outside of NY, i think. i just dont know how to go with coinbase pro

https://help.coinbase.com/en/coinbase/getting-started/crypto-education/shib

i recently moved to NC, so i'm trying to find a way to get it.
RIP, magnumt '19

br7knicks

Post#589 » by br7knicks » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:37 pm

nah. just a bunch of bull. you cannot buy shib on coinbase/coinbase pro/etc
RIP, magnumt '19

N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#590 » by N Y K » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:37 pm

Read on Twitter
ZKnicks
Junior
And1: 276

Post#591 » by ZKnicks » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:20 am

Garbagelo wrote:Sandbox

That is all

:nod:
Been investing heavy into Metaverse and gaming/play to earn projects.
Sandbox and Decentraland are bigggg.
Love projects like YGG, wilder world, ufo and obviously axie as well.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,788

Post#592 » by Stannis » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:26 am

What a dip lol
Free Palestine
br7knicks

Post#594 » by br7knicks » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:57 pm

Stannis wrote:What a dip lol

3% for me so far. Bought more qyld.

Have a few grand left to throw in. Torn between doing it now, or waiting for the dip tomorrow.
RIP, magnumt '19

Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,195

Post#595 » by Kampuchea » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:13 pm

br7knicks wrote:

Have a few grand left to throw in. Torn between doing it now, or waiting for the dip tomorrow.

I've been loading up on SDIV but QYLD is looking like a mighty fine alternative.

I started writing call options out of the money on my SDIV holdings. For QYLD if I was writing calls today i'd price them at $25 - but I won't write them today as I don't do it on big crash days. I use backtesting to determine the future price likelihood, i.e. I see a 95% chance it won't exceed $25 based on historical prices.
br7knicks

Post#596 » by br7knicks » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:56 pm

Kampuchea wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

I've been loading up on SDIV but QYLD is looking like a mighty fine alternative.

I started writing call options out of the money on my SDIV holdings. For QYLD if I was writing calls today i'd price them at $25 - but I won't write them today as I don't do it on big crash days. I use backtesting to determine the future price likelihood, i.e. I see a 95% chance it won't exceed $25 based on historical prices.

I believe the 4 horseman are qyld, sdiv, jepi, and nusi.

I had jepi, sdiv, and nusi.

Gave up on that and threw all of them into ryld and qyld. Have 500 of each just to maintain almost 200 each month so I can build up and throw a lot back into them on major dip days like today
RIP, magnumt '19

Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,151

Post#597 » by Garbagelo » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:26 pm

Garbagelo wrote:
Stannis wrote:The whole El Salvador stuff was your typical "sell the news" news stuff. It was bullish news when it was announced a month or two ago. Now it's "sell the news" once they actually passed it.

It's going to be disaster. People in America don't even like using wallets, and we think El Salvador is ready to use it?

El Salvador is your typical corrupt central American country. Anti-Crypto heads will say how this is a failed currency because it failed in El Salvador. But they will fail to realize that Bitcoin was NEVER a currency meant to be forced on people. Bitcoin was more appealing because the freedom it offered. El Salvador forcing it on their citizens is an act of desperation to save their country. I'm not saying it won't work. But it will take a good 5-10 years to see if it is a success.

Any country that adopts BTC as currency aside from a G20 country is bearish for BTC

It gives extra fud bullets to the existing system to use on us to shake us out because these countries can be easily strongarmed into abandoning it which will many rekt many hodlers sentiment wise

Looking pretty bad for crypto right now after the rejection from 52.8, will re-asses in 2 weeks. Note this is where previous bull runs had their bull trap run to before going into a multi year bear market. I would be at least 50% exiting the market right now. Note, I had not talked about crypto in awhile because I was somewhat expecting this type of scenario. NFTs were the play for the past few months.

It is 2 weeks later and BTC is in a clear downtrend and probably looking for more blood.

Like is said 2 weeks ago, 50% out was the way to go, now I will re-emphasize it, do not risk more than you are willing to lose
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,788

Post#598 » by Stannis » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:04 pm

JPow says the fed is evaluating making their own digital currency.

It looks like Crypto popped on this news, or maybe it was just coincidence
Free Palestine
ZKnicks
Junior
And1: 276

Post#599 » by ZKnicks » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:59 am

We all know that the big use case for NFTs so far has been art but others are coming. Gaming NFTs are making a push but I believe music based NFTs are a natural use case. I spent most of college and my 20s working in the music industry and absolutely think NFTs will change the game.
My buddy is launching a project tomorrow called The Husl and I am confident they are going to blow up.
Launching on 3 IDO platforms tomorrow and then on uniswap. $350k market cap on launch. I am as confident in these guys as I was for 3 years on Telcoin before it 100x’ed.
Oh and their official advisors are, among others, Busta Rhymes, Steve Rifkind and Yung Bleu. Busta has been pushing them hard and released his first NFT with them this week.
Check them out for something new. Easy to find if you search on social media. For me investing in a young project like this is a no brainer.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,481

Post#600 » by j4remi » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:40 pm

ZKnicks wrote:We all know that the big use case for NFTs so far has been art but others are coming. Gaming NFTs are making a push but I believe music based NFTs are a natural use case. I spent most of college and my 20s working in the music industry and absolutely think NFTs will change the game.
My buddy is launching a project tomorrow called The Husl and I am confident they are going to blow up.
Launching on 3 IDO platforms tomorrow and then on uniswap. $350k market cap on launch. I am as confident in these guys as I was for 3 years on Telcoin before it 100x’ed.
Oh and their official advisors are, among others, Busta Rhymes, Steve Rifkind and Yung Bleu. Busta has been pushing them hard and released his first NFT with them this week.
Check them out for something new. Easy to find if you search on social media. For me investing in a young project like this is a no brainer.

Sounds interesting, I'll try to take a look when I get off work.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo

Return to New York Knicks