ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions, 2022 Edition

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,495

Re: Offseason Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread Take 2 

Post#181 » by cgf » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:11 pm

makeitstop wrote:
Read on Twitter

cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 28,316

Post#182 » by HerSports85 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:04 pm

Read on Twitter
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#183 » by Marty McFly » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:21 pm

all this tells me is that Luka was destined to be a knick and the knicks had to **** that up too.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 42,990

Post#184 » by DaGawd » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:49 am

spree2kawhi wrote:Do you think we’re in the mix for John Wall?

Don’t see why we would be with Kemba Rose and IQ. Then you have Duece waiting in the cut
BaF
Washington Wizards
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,758

Post#185 » by spree2kawhi » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:13 pm

DaGawd wrote:

Don’t see why we would be with Kemba Rose and IQ. Then you have Duece waiting in the cut

I thought we’d be looking at those opportunities and he’d come along with a lot of incentives since his contract is so bad. He has t two years left, so I think it could make sense, depending on what Houston offers to get rid of him.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 42,990

Post#186 » by DaGawd » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:24 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
DaGawd wrote:

I thought we’d be looking at those opportunities and he’d come along with a lot of incentives since his contract is so bad. He has t two years left, so I think it could make sense, depending on what Houston offers to get rid of him.

I wanted us to take him in for assets when we had the cap space. We don’t have that avenue open any more
BaF
Washington Wizards
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 47,851

Post#187 » by robillionaire » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:34 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
DaGawd wrote:

we don't have cap space or any contracts to trade to match that salary, I thought maybe we could be in the mix if he got bought out but we already got Kemba that way so even then I don't think we'd be interested
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,177

Post#188 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:13 pm

As I’ve been saying for five years, No Wall
ImageImageImage
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,020

Post#189 » by moocow007 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:17 pm

RHODEY wrote:Not sure if this has any legs, but would you do this?

If it was just a straight Knox for Jackson swap then sure. But if they want Jackson for his positional play they may as well just sign someone like James Ennis and look to ship Knox to another team for a future 2nd (I would expect that there is a team out there willing to take a chance on Knox for a 2nd). Ennis doesn't have the mental baggage, is a better shooter and defender and is known for his toughness and finishing ability.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,062

Post#190 » by RHODEY » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:36 pm

moocow007 wrote:

If it was just a straight Knox for Jackson swap then sure. But if they want Jackson for his positional play they may as well just sign someone like James Ennis and look to ship Knox to another team for a future 2nd (I would expect that there is a team out there willing to take a chance on Knox for a 2nd). Ennis doesn't have the mental baggage, is a better shooter and defender and is known for his toughness and finishing ability.

The purposed trade included a 2nd rounder from us....
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,020

Post#191 » by moocow007 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:44 pm

RHODEY wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

The purposed trade included a 2nd rounder from us....

Yep. That's why I said if it was just a straight trade. I'd rather keep that 2nd and get another 2nd to move Knox. Jackson is probably the more talented player but his role on this team is better suited by a guy like Ennis IMO. If the hope is to see if Jackson can tap his upside then sure. But I just don't see that happening here. And as such, Ennis IMO is a better option IF they are looking to move Knox and replace him with another wing type and help this team with it's current objective (win). Ennis is the better defender, the better shooter and I think his mentality is better suited for the type of role that he'd likely be looking at with the Knicks.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#192 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:16 pm

Does the closing of Clyde’s Wine & Dine count as a Knicks’ off season transaction?

Clyde didn’t see inside dining coming back anytime soon I guess. And at his age, why deal with the hassle. He had a nice run and fun with the wine and dine.
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,913

Post#193 » by Richard4444 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:00 pm

robillionaire wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
DaGawd wrote:Don’t see why we would be with Kemba Rose and IQ. Then you have Duece waiting in the cut

we don't have cap space or any contracts to trade to match that salary, I thought maybe we could be in the mix if he got bought out but we already got Kemba that way so even then I don't think we'd be interested

I see a trade for Wall possible but extremely unlikely if:

a) The signing of Kemba or Rose be a failure due to their health status.
b) We had 35,44M (80% of 44,3M Wall contract) in non-essential players.
c) No perspective to land a star like Lillard, Beal, or Lavine.
d) Fournier being kind of useless in the team only disrupting the breakout of Grimes.
e) Mitch being healthy and Noel/Taj/Simmons logjam averaging less than 20 minutes a night.

We would need an extra 26,8M in salaries in the case of Kemba and 22M in the case of Rose. In this case, Fournier (17M)+ Noel (8,8M) + Rose (13,4) or Fournier (17M)+ Noel (8,8M) + Kemba (8,7M) + Luca (3,25M) or Bacon (1,7M) would be enough to land Wall.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#194 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:50 am

Richard4444 wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:I thought we’d be looking at those opportunities and he’d come along with a lot of incentives since his contract is so bad. He has t two years left, so I think it could make sense, depending on what Houston offers to get rid of him.

I see a trade for Wall possible but extremely unlikely if:

a) The signing of Kemba or Rose be a failure due to their health status.
b) We had 35,44M (80% of 44,3M Wall contract) in non-essential players.
c) No perspective to land a star like Lillard, Beal, or Lavine.
d) Fournier being kind of useless in the team only disrupting the breakout of Grimes.
e) Mitch being healthy and Noel/Taj/Simmons logjam averaging less than 20 minutes a night.

We would need an extra 26,8M in salaries in the case of Kemba and 22M in the case of Rose. In this case, Fournier (17M)+ Noel (8,8M) + Rose (13,4) or Fournier (17M)+ Noel (8,8M) + Kemba (8,7M) + Luca (3,25M) or Bacon (1,7M) would be enough to land Wall.

But can we all agree that it isn't happening?
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,608

Post#195 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:01 pm

With the Rockets waiving Tyler Bey I would love to take a flyer on him. He has great defensive tools and athleticism.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,782

Post#196 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:04 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:With the Rockets waiving Tyler Bey I would love to take a flyer on him. He has great defensive tools and athleticism.

Actual motor, unlike Knox. Looks as good as Obi as well. Possibly better.
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,355

Post#197 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:54 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:With the Rockets waiving Tyler Bey I would love to take a flyer on him. He has great defensive tools and athleticism.

Bey's a year and a half older than Knox.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 47,893

Post#198 » by DOT » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:37 pm

I liked Bey as a Larry Nance Jr. type of guy coming out

Definitely would take a flier on him, though he'd be more of an insurance type of player, in case Obi doesn't progress this year.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,608

Post#199 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:57 pm

K-DOT wrote:I liked Bey as a Larry Nance Jr. type of guy coming out

Definitely would take a flier on him, though he'd be more of an insurance type of player, in case Obi doesn't progress this year.

Tbh I was looking at him as a Knox replacement since he can play SF. But yeah he’s like an insurance type player to me either way. I think with his high motor he can perhaps thrive under Thibs imo
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,782

Post#200 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:46 pm

B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Bey's a year and a half older than Knox.

Knox will suck in 1.5 years as well.

Return to New York Knicks