Ben Simmons trades go here (and here only): Expect warnings if not following forum rules

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

toooskies
Analyst
And1: 1,605

Re: Ben Simmons trades go here (and here only): Expect warnings if not following forum rules 

Post#201 » by toooskies » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:21 pm

I don't see Morey giving up his ability to try to trade for a superstar if he doesn't get one back for Simmons, so I don't see him taking Hayward, McCollum, or any other end-of-prime veteran back for Simmons unless they're just salary to attach value to. He's much more likely to hold out for Edwards, Halliburton, Mobley, or some other young guy(s) that will look great as a rebuilding centerpiece in a future deal. Or at least a young guy with all-star expectations (i.e. Ingram, Fox, SGA; Sexton probably doesn't make the cut) who could either stay in Philly or head out in a trade for a bigger fish.
realball
Head Coach
And1: 3,162

Re: Ben Simmons trades go here (and here only): Expect warnings if not following forum rules 

Post#202 » by realball » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:39 pm

Sixers trade: Ben Simmons, Tobias Harris
Sixers get: CJ McCollum, Malcolm Brogdon, Kyle Anderson

Sixers upgrade their backcourt and get a replacement forward for Harris as well.

Blazers out: CJ McCollum
Blazers in: Dillon Brooks, Malik Beasley, Marvin Bagley

Blazers trade CJ for depth.

Pacers trade: Malcolm Brogdon
Pacers get: Buddy Hield

Pacers get a less injury-prone player and hand over the PG reigns to Levert.

Kings trade: Buddy Hield, Marvin Bagley
Kings get: Tobias Harris

Kings get some front-court scoring.

Grizzlies trade: Dillon Brooks, Kyle Anderson
Grizzlies get: Jaden McDaniels, Taurean Prince, 2022 1st

Grizzles trade their "vets" for a young player, a pick, and an expiring contract.

Wolves trade: Jaden McDaniels, Malik Beasley, Taurean Prince, 2022 1st
Wolves get: Ben Simmons

Wolves get Simmons.
howiezbt
Bench Warmer
And1: 60

Post#203 » by howiezbt » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:52 pm

Philly Trades: Simmons and Jaden Springer
Philly Gets: John Wall, Collin Sexton, Cedi Osman, and Houston 2025 FRP (top five protected), and Cleveland FRP, Cleveland Pick Swaps in 2022, and 2024

Cleveland Trades: Love, Sexton, Osman, and a FRP, 2022 and 2024 Pick Swaps with Philly
Cleveland Gets: Ben Simmons and Eric Gordon

Houston Trades: Wall, Gordon, and a 2025 FRP (top five protected)
Houston Receives: Jaden Springer and Kevin Love

This trade works under the cap.

Philly gets great value for Simmons and assets for a possible trade later.

Houston offloads a ton of salary and a gets a young prospect who was the youngest player in the draft.

Cleveland gets Simmons and can showcase Gordon in the first half of the season for another possible trade.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#204 » by BullyKing » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:52 pm

I'm not sure if a trade would have ever have been feasible because it still likely requires turning guys like White and Williams and future picks into more win now pieces but it's sort of a shame that Chicago jumped the gun in my view and tied up their future picks a ton.

Because a team with Simmons, Lavine, Vuc and Lonzo is pretty interesting. You're basically 3/4 of the way to building a fairly optimal lineup around Simmons.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,338

Post#205 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:00 pm

realball wrote:Pacers trade: Malcolm Brogdon

Lot of the rest of this is rehashing old arguments and as soon as I comment on them the usual suspects will come for my head so I'm going to refrain.

But this is new and jumps out as particularly terrible for Indiana. Buddy being healthier doesn't seem like nearly enough justification for such a significant downgrade does it?
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,472

Post#206 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:04 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:

Lot of the rest of this is rehashing old arguments and as soon as I comment on them the usual suspects will come for my head so I'm going to refrain.

But this is new and jumps out as particularly terrible for Indiana. Buddy being healthier doesn't seem like nearly enough justification for such a significant downgrade does it?

Oh, a non Simmons value question. I'm in!
I have 2 picks worth of gap between the two, and probably a few seconds as well. Not picks as juicy as the Kings perhaps, but the value gap here I have is really really large.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,200

Post#207 » by babyjax13 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:23 pm

toooskies wrote:I don't see Morey giving up his ability to try to trade for a superstar if he doesn't get one back for Simmons, so I don't see him taking Hayward, McCollum, or any other end-of-prime veteran back for Simmons unless they're just salary to attach value to. He's much more likely to hold out for Edwards, Halliburton, Mobley, or some other young guy(s) that will look great as a rebuilding centerpiece in a future deal. Or at least a young guy with all-star expectations (i.e. Ingram, Fox, SGA; Sexton probably doesn't make the cut) who could either stay in Philly or head out in a trade for a bigger fish.

But again we run into the issue that no team is offering true superstars for Simmons, and no rebuilding team is going to offer their blue-chip prospect for someone who is older and has 4 years of team control instead of 6-8 years. So then the question becomes about picks, and suddenly Philly is not getting any on court value AND they also have to find someone willing to trade a star for picks, when teams already didn't want to trade their stars before (and that could be because they didn't want Simmons, or what I suspect, they don't want to trade their best players).

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
realball
Head Coach
And1: 3,162

Post#208 » by realball » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:30 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:

Yeah I originally had Brooks and Bagley going to Indiana, and Hield going to Portland.
IDK though, CJ is worth more than Hield+Beasley I would think.
Maybe Wolves should be sending out two 1sts, one going to Indiana? Or Portland gets the pick and get Hield instead of Brooks/Bagley?
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#209 » by Foshan » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:04 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
toooskies wrote:I don't see Morey giving up his ability to try to trade for a superstar if he doesn't get one back for Simmons, so I don't see him taking Hayward, McCollum, or any other end-of-prime veteran back for Simmons unless they're just salary to attach value to. He's much more likely to hold out for Edwards, Halliburton, Mobley, or some other young guy(s) that will look great as a rebuilding centerpiece in a future deal. Or at least a young guy with all-star expectations (i.e. Ingram, Fox, SGA; Sexton probably doesn't make the cut) who could either stay in Philly or head out in a trade for a bigger fish.

But again we run into the issue that no team is offering true superstars for Simmons, and no rebuilding team is going to offer their blue-chip prospect for someone who is older and has 4 years of team control instead of 6-8 years. So then the question becomes about picks, and suddenly Philly is not getting any on court value AND they also have to find someone willing to trade a star for picks, when teams already didn't want to trade their stars before (and that could be because they didn't want Simmons, or what I suspect, they don't want to trade their best players).

They are not available now, but to move now would mean they would not be attainable later if they became available. I really don’t think it is that difficult a decision for Morley at this point.
Mykhyn
General Manager
And1: 2,232

Post#210 » by Mykhyn » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:21 pm

BullyKing wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:Spurs trade Murray, Vassell, Young, 2022 1st, 2024 1st, 2023 swap
Spurs receive Simmons, Curry

Cavs trade: sexton
Cavs receive vassell

Sixers trade simmons, curry
Sixers receive murray, sexton, young, spurs picks

Interesting proposal. Does the math work on the Spurs end of the transaction? I don't think it actually does.

Also, do you view Curry as an important part of the trade for San Antonio? Ideally, I'd like to keep him obviously and if he's there as more or less salary ballast (though I think he is what makes the trade illegal for San Antonio), the Sixers could just do the trade with the Spurs without him and then trade Vassell immediately for Sexton (though I might personally stop after step 1) since there is no aggregation there.

No it doesn't work math wise.

I'd be trying to replace Vassell with Lonnie Walker then add Jeffries or Eubanks. Would add another pick if needed to get that done.

White/Vassell/Keldon/Simmons/Poeltl(or Kleber? plz?) Would be the best defensive team in the league.

After suffering through years of Forbes and Derozan pretending to play defense I think it's only fair that the Spurs get to watch 2 of the best defenders I've seen that compliment each other perfectly in Vassell/Keldon play a couple years together.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31,982

Post#211 » by jbk1234 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:36 pm

the_process wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:Spurs trade Murray, Vassell, Young, 2022 1st, 2024 1st, 2023 swap
Spurs receive Simmons, Curry

Cavs trade: sexton
Cavs receive vassell

Sixers trade simmons, curry
Sixers receive murray, sexton, young, spurs picks

I would cut the Cavs out, keep Curry, and pull the trigger on that deal right now.
The Spurs are getting Curry though. If you keep him, I'm sure they'd be removing some of the compensation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#212 » by jbk1234 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:41 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:Philly give Simmons, Curry, Milton
Philly get Murray, Sexton, Love, CLE222FRP(1-30)

Murray, Sexton, Green, Harris, Embiid -- Maxey, Thybulle, Korkmaz, Reed, Love

Cavs give Sexton, Love, CLE222FRP(1-30)
Cavs get Poeltl, Vassell, Aminu

Garland, Okoro, Vassell, Mobley, Allen -- Rubio, Windler, Cedi, Markannen, Poeltl

Spurs give Murray, Poeltl, Vassell, Aminu
Spurs get Simmons, Curry, Milton

Curry, While, Keldon, Simmons, Collins -- Lonnie, Primo, McDermott, Thad, Landale

I think Love suits Philly. He could play with Embiid or Reed or Niang. He'd also be a walking trade filler for Morey to play with.

Philly cannot afford to pay Sexton and Love with Embiid + Tobias. And let's be honest, Love does not fit anywhere - he's done.
They could pay him for one year. The Cavs are a 20 win team that might pay the tax for one year rather than lose Sexton for nothing.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,251

Post#213 » by JRoy » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:44 pm

realball wrote:Sixers trade: Ben Simmons, Tobias Harris
Sixers get: CJ McCollum, Malcolm Brogdon, Kyle Anderson

Sixers upgrade their backcourt and get a replacement forward for Harris as well.

Blazers out: CJ McCollum
Blazers in: Dillon Brooks, Malik Beasley, Marvin Bagley

Blazers trade CJ for depth.

Pacers trade: Malcolm Brogdon

Pacers get a less injury-prone player and hand over the PG reigns to Levert.

Kings trade: Buddy Hield, Marvin Bagley
Kings get: Tobias Harris

Kings get some front-court scoring.

Grizzlies trade: Dillon Brooks, Kyle Anderson
Grizzlies get: Jaden McDaniels, Taurean Prince, 2022 1st

Grizzles trade their "vets" for a young player, a pick, and an expiring contract.

Wolves trade: Jaden McDaniels, Malik Beasley, Taurean Prince, 2022 1st
Wolves get: Ben Simmons

Wolves get Simmons.

No thanks from POR.

Would love to move CJ for a better fit. Send MB somewhere else, send Slomo and Brooks to POR for CJ.

Zero interest in MB due to off court idiocy and NO can’t handle another PR disaster.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
toooskies
Analyst
And1: 1,605

Post#214 » by toooskies » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:48 pm

babyjax13 wrote:

I definitely think Mobley could be gotten from CLE. His average case is DPOY contender with good passing for a player of his height but a questionable outside shooter, so he seems like a perfect candidate to swap for Simmons if the Cavs want to win now. The Cavs signed starter-quality bigs to long-term deals AFTER drafting Mobley. They made no progress at the SF spot in the off-season despite it being their most obvious hole. They're primed to do a deal here.

Sacramento might just be going with a guard-heavy rotation but can afford to move Halliburton or Fox for Simmons in their lineup. Their backcourt was crowded before they drafted Mitchell. Also primed to move a good young player.

You don't want to damage those relationships with your player if the deal falls through, though, so those guys aren't "available" until terms are finalized.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,496

Post#215 » by zimpy27 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:55 am

PHI give Simmons, Milton, Joe
PHI get Murray, Poeltl, Sexton, Lonnie

Murray, Sexton, Green, Harris, Embiid -- Curry, Maxey, Thybulle, Reed, Poeltl -- Springer, Lonnie, Korkmaz, Niang, Drummond

CLE give Sexton, Love
CLE get Young, Milton, Aminu

Garland, Okoro, Cedi, Mobley, Allen -- Rubio, Milton, Windler, Young, Markannen -- Dotson, Stevens, Wade, Mfiondu, Fall

SAS give Murray, Poeltl, Lonnie, Young, Aminu
SAS get Simmons, Love, Joe

White, Keldon, McDermott, Simmons, Love -- Jones, Primo, Vassell, Collins, Landale -- Forbes, Joe, Keita, Samanic, Eubanks

Philly again is a deep team. This could be a neat way for Cavs to move on from Love. They get Thad who is a solid fit with Markannen or Mobley. Plus they get Milton to help their offense.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,082

Post#216 » by mademan » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:02 am

zimpy27 wrote:PHI give Simmons, Milton, Joe

Murray, Sexton, Green, Harris, Embiid -- Curry, Maxey, Thybulle, Reed, Poeltl -- Springer, Lonnie, Korkmaz, Niang, Drummond

CLE give Sexton, Love

Garland, Okoro, Cedi, Mobley, Allen -- Rubio, Milton, Windler, Young, Markannen -- Dotson, Stevens, Wade, Mfiondu, Fall

White, Keldon, McDermott, Simmons, Love -- Jones, Primo, Vassell, Collins, Landale -- Forbes, Joe, Keita, Samanic, Eubanks

Philly again is a deep team. This could be a neat way for Cavs to move on from Love. They get Thad who is a solid fit with Markannen or Mobley. Plus they get Milton to help their offense.

Love isnt bad enough of a contract for the Cavs to pay to dump. At least not now, before theyre in the tax.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#217 » by jbk1234 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:18 am

mademan wrote:

CLE give Sexton, Love

Love isnt bad enough of a contract for the Cavs to pay to dump. At least not now, before theyre in the tax.
Not even after. It's one year. Gilbert will cut the check.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,496

Post#218 » by zimpy27 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 am

mademan wrote:

CLE give Sexton, Love

What do you mean by pay?
I'd have Sextons value at around Thad+Milton+non-lotto FRP. So in this trade I guess Love is costing a non-lotto FRP to move. That seems about right for saving Cavs $50m salary and $40m tax next season.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#219 » by jbk1234 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:06 am

zimpy27 wrote:
mademan wrote:

CLE give Sexton, Love

What do you mean by pay?
I'd have Sextons value at around Thad+Milton+non-lotto FRP. So in this trade I guess Love is costing a non-lotto FRP to move. That seems about right for saving Cavs $50m salary and $40m tax next season.
Setting aside the question of Sexton's value, the Cavs don't have to move Love and Sexton together and unless the right offer comes along, there's no reason to. The Cavs don't have to move either of them.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#220 » by Tomjas » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:13 am

Cavs should just play this season out, probably get another good pick, have Love as an expiring next off season and hopefully boost Sexton’s value for a S&T as well

Return to Trades and Transactions