ImageImageImage

Nòmades D'en Ricky. The Grey Havens.

Moderator: ijspeelman

LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Re: Space reserved for RRubio Troll Nòmades. 

Post#21 » by LesGrossman » Sun Aug 8, 2021 11:13 pm

If Rubio comes off the bench to play behind some scrub, we'll get to see the bad version of him again. Hes an extremely sensitive player who needs to feel the trust of the coach and team to bring out his best. Its good he keeps getting the confidence boosts in his national team appearances though. World champion and MVP at the last world cup, unstoppable against the later champions this olympics.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31,982

Post#22 » by jbk1234 » Sun Aug 8, 2021 11:34 pm

LesGrossman wrote:If Rubio comes off the bench to play behind some scrub, we'll get to see the bad version of him again. Hes an extremely sensitive player who needs to feel the trust of the coach and team to bring out his best. Its good he keeps getting the confidence boosts in his national team appearances though. World champion and MVP at the last world cup, unstoppable against the later champions this olympics.
Garland isn't a scrub.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
LesGrossman
Head Coach

Post#23 » by LesGrossman » Sun Aug 8, 2021 11:54 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
LesGrossman wrote:If Rubio comes off the bench to play behind some scrub, we'll get to see the bad version of him again. Hes an extremely sensitive player who needs to feel the trust of the coach and team to bring out his best. Its good he keeps getting the confidence boosts in his national team appearances though. World champion and MVP at the last world cup, unstoppable against the later champions this olympics.
Garland isn't a scrub.

I dont know Garland but last season Ricky came off the bench behind D'Lo for a while and he was horrible. Its simply not the situation that brings out the great game he has. Its not a fan view, its a simple fact.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31,982

Post#24 » by jbk1234 » Mon Aug 9, 2021 2:14 am

LesGrossman wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Garland isn't a scrub.

I dont know Garland but last season Ricky came off the bench behind D'Lo for a while and he was horrible. Its simply not the situation that brings out the great game he has. Its not a fan view, its a simple fact.
I mean Love is coming off the bench too and my understanding is that Rubio warmed up to the mentorship role with Ant as the season wore on.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Harper4Ferry?
Starter
And1: 78

Post#25 » by Harper4Ferry? » Mon Aug 9, 2021 3:00 am

This thread is going to be a disaster. Garland the scrub!
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,351

Post#26 » by JonFromVA » Mon Aug 9, 2021 4:00 am

Rubio was going through problems related to the pandemic. His play in FIBA is hopefully a sign he's ready to turn back the clock, but Rubio fans need to understand he's on the team to help the young players. If he can't do that he'll be sent packing.
LesGrossman
Head Coach

Post#27 » by LesGrossman » Mon Aug 9, 2021 3:32 pm

JonFromVA wrote:Rubio was going through problems related to the pandemic. His play in FIBA is hopefully a sign he's ready to turn back the clock, but Rubio fans need to understand he's on the team to help the young players. If he can't do that he'll be sent packing.

Thats exactly what will happen. If he comes off the bench to play a few minutes he will play horrible on offense. He will always give 100% and be an elite help defender, steal guy and rebounder, he will get his assists, but he wont be able to shoot because its a mental thing with him. Without shooting and without good starters around him who can convert an open shot he created, he isnt worht the money. Fans will hate him and he will move on after this season.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#28 » by JonFromVA » Mon Aug 9, 2021 6:54 pm

LesGrossman wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:Rubio was going through problems related to the pandemic. His play in FIBA is hopefully a sign he's ready to turn back the clock, but Rubio fans need to understand he's on the team to help the young players. If he can't do that he'll be sent packing.

Thats exactly what will happen. If he comes off the bench to play a few minutes he will play horrible on offense. He will always give 100% and be an elite help defender, steal guy and rebounder, he will get his assists, but he wont be able to shoot because its a mental thing with him. Without shooting and without good starters around him who can convert an open shot he created, he isnt worht the money. Fans will hate him and he will move on after this season.

As nice as it would be, nobody is counting on Rubio knocking down J's with any consistency. If he did, someone will pay him a lot more than the Cavs next year.
SkyhookinUrMom
Junior
And1: 351

Post#29 » by SkyhookinUrMom » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:41 am

Playoffs con la minga
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#30 » by El Hespiritu » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:45 pm

ImageImage

O Dear...
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#31 » by Revenged25 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:48 pm

As funny as the Ringer was trying to be, Lauri had to agree to sign with Cleveland for the S&T to even occur.
LesGrossman
Head Coach

Post#32 » by LesGrossman » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:59 pm

As a positive side effect for all Rubio fanboys and -girls, our sleeping habits will certainly improve since Ricky will play in the east for the first time in his career.

Learning about the roster i feel more excited about the coming season that seems to be reasonable.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#33 » by JonFromVA » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:41 pm

LesGrossman wrote:As a positive side effect for all Rubio fanboys and -girls, our sleeping habits will certainly improve since Ricky will play in the east for the first time in his career.

Learning about the roster i feel more excited about the coming season that seems to be reasonable.

I think Ricky will have a major role showing if the Cavs collection of talent is actually worth something. Might just save Altman's job.
Trailbreaker
Junior
And1: 115

Post#34 » by Trailbreaker » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:54 pm

JonFromVA wrote:At this rate Cavs fans on the board are going to quickly be outnumbered by Rubio fans, but hey maybe we can turn some.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who are both! I'll still never forget 17 year old Ricky Rubio filling in at starter for Jose Calderon during the 2008 Olympic gold medal game. To think Spain almost pulled it off, too!
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#35 » by JonFromVA » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:05 pm

Trailbreaker wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:At this rate Cavs fans on the board are going to quickly be outnumbered by Rubio fans, but hey maybe we can turn some.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who are both! I'll still never forget 17 year old Ricky Rubio filling in at starter for Jose Calderon during the 2008 Olympic gold medal game. To think Spain almost pulled it off, too!

Jose Calderon was surprisingly good when he played for the Cavs near the end of his career, I never understood why we didn't play him more when we had him. I'm a big fan of PG's who understand the art of running a team and look forward to seeing what Ricky can do and hopefully pass on (assuming we don't trade him in a week or so once he's eligible :lol:).
Jorgeglez7
Sophomore
And1: 92

Post#36 » by Jorgeglez7 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:08 pm

One more RIcky fan in Cavs bandwagon!!! He is gonna impress the fans of this team for sure.
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#37 » by PharmD » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:52 am

So far I like what i've seen. The Cavs look pretty darn good for stretches then bad for stretches. But I think we'll see some good passing and it'll be a fun team to watch.
LesGrossman
Head Coach

Post#38 » by LesGrossman » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:19 am

PharmD wrote:So far I like what i've seen. The Cavs look pretty darn good for stretches then bad for stretches. But I think we'll see some good passing and it'll be a fun team to watch.

If they want to tank, they have the wrong guy in Rubio. I think they can make some noise but i expect the same to happen as in Minnesota, Utah and Phoenix - once they start to win (with him), they trade him because "not part of our plans for the future".
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#39 » by El Hespiritu » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:38 pm

Early Pre-Season is over.Image
Now, onto Late Pre-Season (or 'early season' as you americans say)... a stage of so-so basketball games 'til roughly one week before All Star voting begins.
Happy to see team doesn't seem affected for those 15 'conflicts of interest' Image(or some similar nonsense)in the roster.
I knew perfectly well RRubio, Kevin Amor, Tacko and Jarrete (Allen).
I had some idle thoughts about coach J.B.BicCristal (Escribe Normal) Laurita Mari Karmen, Turkish Ce God-man, Kevin Fishes and Denzel Valentino...
... and pretty much that was it.Image
The rest of the roster was mystery to me. No damned idea. Not even capable to put faces on their names.
4 Early Pre-Season Non Competitive Games later.... I'm beginning to figure this roster out. Image
But, of course, nothing definitive: I need to watch them a bunch of games more before I can picture the whole thing.
As from now... mixed feelings.
We have both the possibility to put a fair fight to make PO or to end up grabbing some lottery pick.
Bipolar team.

Best thing so far:
That Troll BigBall starting line-up yesterday. Counter-cultural, to say the least.Image
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
FranchisePlayer
Sixth Man
And1: 598

Post#40 » by FranchisePlayer » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:47 pm

Jorgeglez7 wrote:One more RIcky fan in Cavs bandwagon!!! He is gonna impress the fans of this team for sure.

I definitely agree!

Nice to see a PG with some well over average brain activity. Big, hungry players in the front court waiting to be fed which will suit Rubio. Offensively we might see some spectacular showdowns.
MrSparkle wrote:I don't see a scenario here or there where Lauri becomes the "7-pick we thought he could be." If you remove his 3P ability, he's worse than Felicio by a mile.

12/2/2022
I like the quote- it makes me chuckle. And it was/is pretty much true.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers