ImageImage

Could the Atlanta Hawks Land Karl-Anthony Towns?

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,339

Re: Could the Atlanta Hawks Land Karl-Anthony Towns? 

Post#41 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:51 am

It's almost time...

RealGM Wiretap wrote:The Minnesota Timberwolves have parted ways with Gersson Rosas as president of basketball operations.

"As an organization, we remain committed to building a winning team that our fans and city can be proud of,” said Glen Taylor in announcing the move.

The Wolves made the announcement just six days before training camp and a few weeks after Rosas made several moves such as the trade for Patrick Beverley.

Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,867

Post#42 » by jayu70 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:25 am

Jamaaliver wrote:It's almost time...

RealGM Wiretap wrote:The Minnesota Timberwolves have parted ways with Gersson Rosas as president of basketball operations.

"As an organization, we remain committed to building a winning team that our fans and city can be proud of,” said Glen Taylor in announcing the move.

The Wolves made the announcement just six days before training camp and a few weeks after Rosas made several moves such as the trade for Patrick Beverley.

Read on Twitter

Mmmmmm.....

Sources: Wolves Fired Basketball Ops Lead Gersson Rosas For Creating Toxic Culture, ‘Inappropriate Relationship’

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/09/22/timberwolves-part-ways-with-president-of-basketball-operations-gersson-rosas/

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#43 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:56 am

^That franchise is a dumpster fire.

Just relocate the whole operation to Seattle.

And move the Pelicans to Las Vegas while we're at it.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,896

Post#44 » by HMFFL » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:26 am

Jamaaliver wrote:^That franchise is a dumpster fire.

Just relocate the whole operation to Seattle.

And move the Pelicans to Las Vegas while we're at it.
Once Arod and the rest of the group have full control I believe Minnesota goes to Seattle (like Arod wants) or Vegas. Vegas has the T-Mobile arena and MSG are building a $1.8 billion arena.

My prediction is that Minnesota goes to Seattle and Sacramento goes to Las Vegas within ten years.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
saloonyk8
Rookie
And1: 130

Post#45 » by saloonyk8 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:28 pm

What would it take to get KAT?

I'm guessing, but 2 out of the following 3:
Reddish, Hunter, OO

Probably 2 from this list as well:
Collins
Capela
Huerter
Jalen Johnson

Capela, OO, Reddish, Johnson? I doubt they do that but we'd have a squad
Commit to the process
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 655

Post#46 » by D21 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:53 am

saloonyk8 wrote:What would it take to get KAT?

I'm guessing, but 2 out of the following 3:
Reddish, Hunter, OO

Probably 2 from this list as well:
Collins
Capela
Huerter
Jalen Johnson

Capela, OO, Reddish, Johnson? I doubt they do that but we'd have a squad

And who would bring defense at C ?
We would be destroyed inside in playoffs
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#47 » by HMFFL » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:11 am

My concern with KAT is he doesn't offer leadership.
Anthony Edwards seems to be more of a natural leader for Minnesota from what I have read.

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#48 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Nov 5, 2021 3:15 pm

RealGM Wiretap wrote:NBA Teams Monitoring Karl-Anthony Towns' Situation With Timberwolves

Minnesota Timberwolves star Karl-Anthony Towns claimed he was a victim of hacking on Twitter recently. Towns' account liked a tweet with #FreeKAT in the text. Towns indicated that he didn't like the tweet and that his account had to have been hacked.

Towns said, "Sorry to the Wolves fans. I ain’t want to cause no hysteria or anything like that. But just know I’m very happy. I know we’re on a skid so it came at the worst possible time, that little hacking. I’m excited to hopefully build more years here, not just this year."

Despite the Timberwolves struggles throughout his NBA tenure, Towns has never expressed a desire to leave the team. Minnesota got off to a good start this season, but has had some struggles in the last week. Towns acknowledged this and said the team has to work to keep it from becoming a full slide, like in years past.

"We have to come together and we have to keep our team together and the camaraderie and the energy and the morale up," Towns said.

Towns' public commitments on remaining in Minnesota haven't dissuaded other NBA teams from closely monitoring his situation. The belief around the league is that Towns will eventually get frustrated with the lack of playoff appearances and will ask for a trade.

Via Jon Krawczynski/The Athletic
RealGM Wiretap
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#49 » by Spud2nique » Sat Nov 6, 2021 7:21 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
RealGM Wiretap wrote:NBA Teams Monitoring Karl-Anthony Towns' Situation With Timberwolves

Minnesota Timberwolves star Karl-Anthony Towns claimed he was a victim of hacking on Twitter recently. Towns' account liked a tweet with #FreeKAT in the text. Towns indicated that he didn't like the tweet and that his account had to have been hacked.

Towns said, "Sorry to the Wolves fans. I ain’t want to cause no hysteria or anything like that. But just know I’m very happy. I know we’re on a skid so it came at the worst possible time, that little hacking. I’m excited to hopefully build more years here, not just this year."

Despite the Timberwolves struggles throughout his NBA tenure, Towns has never expressed a desire to leave the team. Minnesota got off to a good start this season, but has had some struggles in the last week. Towns acknowledged this and said the team has to work to keep it from becoming a full slide, like in years past.

"We have to come together and we have to keep our team together and the camaraderie and the energy and the morale up," Towns said.

Towns' public commitments on remaining in Minnesota haven't dissuaded other NBA teams from closely monitoring his situation. The belief around the league is that Towns will eventually get frustrated with the lack of playoff appearances and will ask for a trade.

Via Jon Krawczynski/The Athletic
RealGM Wiretap

Before you said you’d take MJP over Ben. Would you take KAT over both?
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#50 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Nov 6, 2021 7:37 pm

Spud2nique wrote:Before you said you’d take MJP over Ben. Would you take KAT over both?

I honestly don't know, man.

KAT is really good offensively and really lacking defensively.

In truth, if we could put together a lineup that has Trae, Ben Simmons, KAT and Deandre Hunter, that'd be a truly championship level collection of players with defense, shooting, playmaking that could compete with anyone.
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#51 » by Spud2nique » Sat Nov 6, 2021 8:47 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:Before you said you’d take MJP over Ben. Would you take KAT over both?

I honestly don't know, man.

KAT is really good offensively and really lacking defensively.

In truth, if we could put together a lineup that has Trae, Ben Simmons, KAT and Deandre Hunter, that'd be a truly championship level collection of players with defense, shooting, playmaking that could compete with anyone.

It would be star studded for sure. Hmm..

PG-Trae
SG-? Huerter or Bogi (whoever wasn’t traded)
SF- Hunter
PF-Ben Simmons
C- KAT

Would cost us Capela, Collins, Cam, Huerter or Bogi and Cam and picks maybe. Wonder how they would mesh with the chemistry.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#52 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:05 pm

Eric Pincus wrote:Ridiculous Trades That Could Actually Work

Hawks Upgrade; Wolves Build Around Ant-Man

The Trade: Karl-Anthony Towns, Taurean Prince and Jake Layman for John Collins, Danilo Gallinari, Cam Reddish and a 2022 first-round pick

Why It Seems Ridiculous: Towns is one of the best scoring bigs in the NBA. He's been the face of the franchise for his entire career. Why would the Timberwolves let him go?

Why It Could Actually Work: Second-year swingman Anthony Edwards can fill that star void. The Timberwolves, despite greater expectations, have started the season slowly once again (4-8). While Collins isn't as consistent as Towns, he's also quite talented. Minnesota would add in a bigger wing in Reddish, who would give the team a lethal core of scorers with D'Angelo Russell, Malik Beasley, Edwards and Reddish. The Wolves also get another starting-caliber forward in Gallinari and a first-round pick for giving up the best player in the deal.

The Hawks (5-9) are struggling to recapture the magic from last season. Gallinari isn't part of the team's long-term plans and Reddish may be too expensive to retain with investments in Trae Young, Clint Capela, Bogdan Bogdanovic and eventually De'Andre Hunter. Prince and Layman are salary ballast, though the former could find a bench role in his return to Atlanta. The Hawks upgrade Collins to Towns, who starts next to Capela in a big lineup while also playing significant minutes at center.
Bleacher Report
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#53 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:21 am

KAT going toe-to-toe tonight with Embiid and holding his own...

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#54 » by HMFFL » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:46 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:KAT going toe-to-toe tonight with Embiid and holding his own...

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Great fame between the two last night. Two OT's and Kat did as good as he could against Joel.

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#55 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:44 pm

Read on Twitter

D21
Assistant Coach

Post#56 » by D21 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:15 pm

I have to admit that I was always afraid of KAT team defense, but when the offense is so impressive, he just need to be average on defense.
Even if I watched him in games, I was really impressed during the 3pts Contest by his even quicker release for a guy of this size.
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,013

Post#57 » by tbhawksfan1 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:52 pm

Capela clearly made a huge difference for us last year. This year not so much. JC has fallen off a cliff since his 2019 season. Hunter has had a terrible season and SG is a problem, but I think the team could really use a big with post scoring ability.

Trae is our alpha. What we need is shooters on the wing and a post presence inside. We need to be able to score in mutiple ways.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#58 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:08 pm

Given our offensive struggles and Minnesota's underwhelming performance, any thoughts on swapping Collins (and more) for Karl-Anthony? I don't think he and Gobert are a good fit.

But putting him next to Okongwu, D Murray and D Hunter seems like it would bolster our 3-pt shooting and maintain our rebounding.

tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,013

Post#59 » by tbhawksfan1 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:58 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Given our offensive struggles and Minnesota's underwhelming performance, any thoughts on swapping Collins (and more) for Karl-Anthony? I don't think he and Gobert are a good fit.

But putting him next to Okongwu, D Murray and D Hunter seems like it would bolster our 3-pt shooting and maintain our rebounding.

KAT has always been intriguing to me. A definate offensive talent and a clear defensive liability. Very much better than JC though. Comes down to what is the "and more"?

Can we play defense with Kat and Trae on the court together? It seems that KAT isn't doing well at PF with Gobert at C. Does KAT play C for us?
D21
Assistant Coach

Post#60 » by D21 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:38 am

tbhawksfan1 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:Given our offensive struggles and Minnesota's underwhelming performance, any thoughts on swapping Collins (and more) for Karl-Anthony? I don't think he and Gobert are a good fit.

KAT has always been intriguing to me. A definate offensive talent and a clear defensive liability. Very much better than JC though. Comes down to what is the "and more"?

Can we play defense with Kat and Trae on the court together? It seems that KAT isn't doing well at PF with Gobert at C. Does KAT play C for us?

I fear that KAT is doing great at C, but isn't doing great at PF, whoever is the C, unless it's a C that can't free the paint because he can shoot 3s, which we don't have in Capela or Okongwu.

Return to Atlanta Hawks