Post#1 » by nate33 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:03 pm

continued from here
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,159

Re: Official Trade Thread - Part XLII 

Post#2 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:09 am

From the Warriors dude who got fined:

"In some ways, it doesn't really fit what we're doing," Lacob told the Chronicle. "He makes a lot of money. And, can he finish games? I don't know. He's very talented. The problem is: We have Draymond. Draymond and him are very similar in the sense that neither one really shoots and they do a lot of the playmaking. That's one issue. The salary structure is another.

Making max money and folks wonder if he can finish a game. This is not buying an asset on the cheap, his contract is an albatross.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#3 » by gambitx777 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:22 am

Which is stupid that he got fined, all he said was we don't want him and why ! I've said it plenty of times Ben Simmons has tanked his own value and it's only going to get worse. I want to nothing to do with Ben and fortunately it doesn't look like tommy or most of the league does either.

Also the implications for this are gonna be far reaching wait till the new CBA comes out and the owners do some drastic **** to stop this and every player stuck in a bad spot can thank Ben Simmons !

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#4 » by Dat2U » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:13 am

gambitx777 wrote:Also the implications for this are gonna be far reaching wait till the new CBA comes out and the owners do some drastic **** to stop this and every player stuck in a bad spot can thank Ben Simmons !

Bro, this is complete nonsense.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#5 » by Dat2U » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:20 am

*Bertans
*KCP
*Kuzma
*Avdija
*Hachimura
*Kispert

76ers don't need a C so I didn't include Bryant or Harrell but Wizards have some options if the 76ers are only getting packages including Beasley/McDaniels, Hield/Bagley or Sexton/Love.
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#6 » by dangermouse » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:56 am

Dat2U wrote:*Bertans
*KCP
*Kuzma
*Avdija
*Hachimura
*Kispert

76ers don't need a C so I didn't include Bryant or Harrell but Wizards have some options if the 76ers are only getting packages including Beasley/McDaniels, Hield/Bagley or Sexton/Love.

If i was the Sixers, i'd have taken Hield/Bags and called it a day. I like Hield, he had a good 19-20 campaign - top 5 in threes made I think. Not a liability on defense. I imagine he would be even better next to better defenders like Embiid and Thybulle than the Kings. Bags is your boom/bust throw in, take a flyer, he could turn out to be a good player.
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#7 » by Ruzious » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:38 pm

If Philly can get McCullum and Covington for Simmons and filler, they should do it, imo. Both teams win.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Ruzious » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:43 pm

Tony Kornheiser suggested an even up trade of Simmons for Beal. :roll:
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,336

Post#9 » by nate33 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:50 pm

Ruzious wrote:Tony Kornheiser suggested an even up trade of Simmons for Beal. :roll:

Yeah, I keeping seeing absurd clickbait "rumors" on my google newsfeed talking about ridiculous Beal trades. I've seen Beal for Simmons. And I saw one that ended up with Beal going to Miami while they only gave up Herro. It was some kind of 3-way involving Charlotte where both Charlotte and Washington both appeared to donate talent to Miami for no apparent reason.
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,974

Post#10 » by DCZards » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:49 pm

Ruzious wrote:Tony Kornheiser suggested an even up trade of Simmons for Beal. :roll:

Kornheiser is good for a few laughs…but he has never been very knowledgeable about sports…and rarely pretends to be.
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#11 » by keynote » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:18 pm

gambitx777 wrote:Which is stupid that he got fined, all he said was we don't want him and why !

I get it. If it's tampering to say "player X is great; we want him," it should also be tamper to say "eh, X isn't that good; we don't want him." The latter could suppress X's trade value -- which would arguably make him easier for the tamperer to acquire.
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#12 » by gambitx777 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:49 am

Dat2U wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:Also the implications for this are gonna be far reaching wait till the new CBA comes out and the owners do some drastic **** to stop this and every player stuck in a bad spot can thank Ben Simmons !

Bro, this is complete nonsense.
It's nonsense that several former NBA players including Kendrick Perkins and others have said on live tv!

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by Ruzious » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:40 pm

Read on Twitter
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#14 » by payitforward » Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:45 pm

Gilbert is a smart fellow, knows a lot about basketball. He sees Simmons as a tremendous player -- play him like Giannis! is his advice.

OTOH, we've got people checking in here every day to repeat their certainty that Ben Simmons isn't much.

Of course, you-all could be right about Ben, & Gilbert is wrong... is that what you think?
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:51 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Read on Twitter

He's physically/athletically gifted, but not nearly as much as Giannis. Even if you say yeah let him play that way, Giannis has had notable struggles and he, despite being a poor shooter, is still lightyears ahead of Simmons. I keep saying that the Giannis and Draymond Green comparisons are lazy because people say neither can shoot which really is a superficial take. Are either good or even average shooters? No, but they can shoot well enough and they actually take attempts.

Draymond Green is a career 32% shooter from three in both the regular season and post season (nearly identical numbers) and is a 70% free throw shooter as well in both the regular season and post season. Giannis is 28% and 27% from three but has hit 30%+ in 3 of his past 4 regular seasons and 2 of his past 3 post seasons. He's admittedly had his ups and down from the line but nothing like we saw from Simmons this post season. So what does that mean? It means they are at least a threat; Simmons has shown nothing thus far to give us the impression that he is or is willing to be with his lack of attempts.

Giannis and Green also have completely different mental makeups from everything I've ever heard about them compared to Simmons. Making this comparison really ignores how bad of a shooter Simmons really is even when comparing him against below average shooters.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by Ruzious » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:25 pm

payitforward wrote:Gilbert is a smart fellow, knows a lot about basketball. He sees Simmons as a tremendous player -- play him like Giannis! is his advice.

OTOH, we've got people checking in here every day to repeat their certainty that Ben Simmons isn't much.

Of course, you-all could be right about Ben, & Gilbert is wrong... is that what you think?

Gil may be over-simplifying it a bit, because it's such an unusual situation to have a 6'11 Simmons (who doesn't take jump shots) playing with such a great inside scorer, but with players that good, there's got to be a way to work out pretty much any problem. I think Gil's idea makes sense in general, and I know he knows basketball better than I do. Simmons obviously is not going to be as good as Giannis, but he doesn't need to be. Ironically, before Giannis became great, he used to be used more like Simmons is - as a point guard - and it really didn't work.
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:23 pm

payitforward wrote:Gilbert is a smart fellow, knows a lot about basketball. He sees Simmons as a tremendous player -- play him like Giannis! is his advice.

Ha, you of all people talking about people repeating themselves is maybe the richest thing I’ve seen on the board in awhile.
WallToWall
Veteran
And1: 937

Post#18 » by WallToWall » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:14 pm

How’s this?

Wizards get: Simmons (76ers)
Timberwolves get: Bertans
Magic get: Hachimura
76ers get: Kuzma + Prince (wolves) + Anthony (magic) + 2023 1st (magic from bulls) + 2022 2nd (wolves from wizards)

Works in trade machine. I wouldn’t do it, because the price is too high for us, but throwing it out there…
I think the combined output of Hachimura, Bertans, and Kuzma far outweigh what you get from Simmons.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,721

Post#19 » by the_process » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:37 pm

WallToWall wrote:How’s this?

76ers get: Kuzma + Prince (wolves) + Anthony (magic) + 2023 1st (magic from bulls) + 2022 2nd (wolves from wizards)

Works in trade machine. I wouldn’t do it, because the price is too high for us, but throwing it out there…
I think the combined output of Hachimura, Bertans, and Kuzma far outweigh what you get from Simmons.

You're safe. The Sixers wouldn't do that.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by Ruzious » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:38 pm

WallToWall wrote:How’s this?

The 6ers would need more in win now assets. I don't see Cole Anthony as someone they'd want to target - he has potential, but right now - he's pretty bad. Maxey's much better.

Why not take the Magic out of it, and send Rui to Philly? Or actually keep Rui, and add Avdija to Philly.

Return to Washington Wizards