OT: Super Bowl

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,413

Re: OT: NFL fantasy - 2QB league - new playoff poll 

Post#101 » by bwgood77 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:20 pm

matt131 wrote:Quick question for all you fantasy football guys. For my league at work, we only have two bench spots (I hate this, everyone else thinks it's super entertaining). At the moment I have rondale Moore and Darrel Henderson on my bench, and I typically start a WR at flex. However, someone dropped Dionte Johnson since he might not play this week. I'm on the fence about this, but my question is: should I drop Moore for Johnson? I really like the idea of Moore and trust that offense way more, but Johnson is the number 1 in Pittsburgh (but his QB is trash), so I'm torn.

What would you guys do? Non PPR league.

Thanks!

Yes, you should drop Moore and pick up Johnson.

One good tool to use is google that takes you to fantasypros and an accumulation of rankings that will tell you who to start.

I checked just by typing "Rondale Moore or Diontae Johnson" into google and it took me here:

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/start/rondale-moore-diontae-johnson.php

Then I tried "Rondale Moore or Darrell Henderson" it took me here:

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/start/darrell-henderson-rondale-moore.php

What was interesting was that with PPR it had 85% for Moore but with non PPR it had 15% for Henderson.
matt131
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,758

Post#102 » by matt131 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:38 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
matt131 wrote:Quick question for all you fantasy football guys. For my league at work, we only have two bench spots (I hate this, everyone else thinks it's super entertaining). At the moment I have rondale Moore and Darrel Henderson on my bench, and I typically start a WR at flex. However, someone dropped Dionte Johnson since he might not play this week. I'm on the fence about this, but my question is: should I drop Moore for Johnson? I really like the idea of Moore and trust that offense way more, but Johnson is the number 1 in Pittsburgh (but his QB is trash), so I'm torn.

Thanks!

One good tool to use is google that takes you to fantasypros and an accumulation of rankings that will tell you who to start.

I checked just by typing "Rondale Moore or Diontae Johnson" into google and it took me here:

What was interesting was that with PPR it had 85% for Moore but with non PPR it had 15% for Henderson.
Thanks man.
Yeah, I've seen the player comparison tool before as well. I'm mostly interested in a rest of season comparison between the two. I know fantasy pros has that as well, but it doesn't seem too recently updated.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#103 » by bwgood77 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:39 pm

matt131 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks man.
Yeah, I've seen the player comparison tool before as well. I'm mostly interested in a rest of season comparison between the two. I know fantasy pros has that as well, but it doesn't seem too recently updated.

I use it for rest of season. I am pretty sure rankings don't fluctuate much. Could check the espn weekly rankings too. I was surprised at Rondale Moore last week though so you never know.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#104 » by bwgood77 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:50 pm

matt131 wrote:.

Looks like we have an undefeated battle in one league this week. Glad with the #1 pick I took Dalvin Cook over Christian McCaffrey.
matt131
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,758

Post#105 » by matt131 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:50 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
matt131 wrote:.

Looks like we have an undefeated battle in one league this week. Glad with the #1 pick I took Dalvin Cook over Christian McCaffrey.

gg. mike williams has been the biggest surprise on my team so far. dude is finally being utilized correctly. hoping the chargers can kick some raider butt on monday
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#106 » by bwgood77 » Fri Oct 1, 2021 1:09 am

Looks like I play Kyler Murray in two leagues this week.

Anyone played fantasy in this format?

https://www.fantraxhq.com/roto-football-fantrax-league/

Spoiler:
You have the chance to control your own destiny from week to week. You are now in a world where a Fantasy owner’s early season triumphs cannot be erased by one bad week in December. Welcome to Roto Football. Welcome to the Fantrax Rotisserie Football League.

For those of you who are unaware, “roto” stands for “rotisserie.” It is the original format for Fantasy sports, and it is amazing and pure. The concept is simple. Track statistics of preselected categories throughout the entire season and the Fantasy player who achieves the overall best results is declared the winner. Amazing right? A format where the best team actually wins.
dmastro32
Rookie
And1: 502

Post#107 » by dmastro32 » Fri Oct 1, 2021 7:52 pm

bwgood77 wrote:Looks like I play Kyler Murray in two leagues this week.

Anyone played fantasy in this format?

https://www.fantraxhq.com/roto-football-fantrax-league/

Spoiler:
You have the chance to control your own destiny from week to week. You are now in a world where a Fantasy owner’s early season triumphs cannot be erased by one bad week in December. Welcome to Roto Football. Welcome to the Fantrax Rotisserie Football League.

For those of you who are unaware, “roto” stands for “rotisserie.” It is the original format for Fantasy sports, and it is amazing and pure. The concept is simple. Track statistics of preselected categories throughout the entire season and the Fantasy player who achieves the overall best results is declared the winner. Amazing right? A format where the best team actually wins.

Never have, always wondered how roto football would be.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#108 » by bwgood77 » Sun Oct 3, 2021 7:34 pm

What the hell? Cordarelle Patterson over 34 points?
Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD
And1: 690

Post#109 » by Kyler Murray » Sun Oct 3, 2021 9:12 pm

bwgood77 wrote:What the hell? Cordarelle Patterson over 34 points?

Guess who started him. Against you. On both leagues. :lol:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#110 » by bwgood77 » Sun Oct 3, 2021 9:14 pm

Kyler Murray wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:What the hell? Cordarelle Patterson over 34 points?

Guess who started him. Against you. On both leagues. :lol:

Well I knew you did in one...thus the post....not in both. I think I was projected to beat you in both. Definitely not in the espn one now.

Is that the one you have Kyler Murray in too?

Great game by the Cards.

Rams are tough.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#111 » by bwgood77 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:54 pm

matt131 wrote: mike williams has been the biggest surprise on my team so far. dude is finally being utilized correctly. hoping the chargers can kick some raider butt on monday

Chargers run D not looking so good today. And their kicking game continues to suck for the 17th straight year.

I also think if the Browns play like they did last week, the Cards get their first lost today, despite the way
Kyler Murray wrote:.
has played this year.

Revived wrote:.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,347

Re: OT: NFL fantasy league & NFL discussion 

Post#112 » by Revived » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:58 pm

Terrible game for the Chargers. But overall 4-2 going into the bye is pretty solid considering the strength of their schedule thus far.

Schedules eases up after the bye.

That being said, a new kicker and fixing this awful run defense has to be priorities over the bye week. Lombardi needs to create plays with better WR routes as well.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#113 » by bwgood77 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:12 pm

Revived wrote:Terrible game for the Chargers. But overall 4-2 going into the bye is pretty solid considering the strength of their schedule thus far.

That being said, a new kicker and fixing this awful run defense has to be priorities over the bye week. Lombardi needs to create plays with better WR routes as well.

Oh good, it's the bye. They need Murray, Jones and Tranquil back. Even if not back in 2 weeks at least it gives them an extra week in there. Will definitely help their run D. If you're going to get your ass handed to you, best before a bye week too...and a road game on the east coast. I wonder if the 10am start time for them impacted them.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#114 » by bwgood77 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:23 pm

Crives wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
matt131 wrote:Agreed. So much better to go into the season with fewer distractions. I'm just a pessimist at heart. Being a suns and chargers fan has really taught me that everything sucks and nothing goes right haha

Yeah, some good news considering the Chargers game today.

Worst part, how the hell did we miss another XP? Time to start going for 2 every time

This kicker is only 2 away from the NFL record in a season of 7 misses with 10 games to go.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#115 » by bwgood77 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:42 pm

BobbieL wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
matt131 wrote:Agreed. So much better to go into the season with fewer distractions. I'm just a pessimist at heart. Being a suns and chargers fan has really taught me that everything sucks and nothing goes right haha

Yes, horrible game - but after the Browns and Cowboys running the ball - not surprised

As for the Suns - -glad to get Mikal done. In some ways, this was the tougher of the two. Ayton to me is still pretty easy - just pay him. But glad Mikal is done. Lets get Ayton done!

Hopefully with a bye we can get one or two of Kenneth Murray, Justin Jones and Drue Tranquil back.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,347

Post#116 » by Revived » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:09 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Crives wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Worst part, how the hell did we miss another XP? Time to start going for 2 every time

This kicker is only 2 away from the NFL record in a season of 7 misses with 10 games to go.

Badgley looked decent for the Colts today. Wonder if it will be another Koo type situation with him.

Lambo isn’t doing good with the Jags but their backup for him looks like a stud.
dmastro32
Rookie

Post#117 » by dmastro32 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:18 am

Revived wrote:Terrible game for the Chargers. But overall 4-2 going into the bye is pretty solid considering the strength of their schedule thus far.

It could be worse you could have Pat shurmur as your offensive coordinator,
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#118 » by bwgood77 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:13 pm

dmastro32 wrote:

It could be worse you could have Pat shurmur as your offensive coordinator,

It was worse...Anthony Lynn and his coordinator made a mockery of the NFL, especially last year. The Chargers literally, with no timeouts, and like 10 seconds left in the half after a play as the team got to the line of scrimmage for one last play or spike, ran the ball and the clock ran out.

I think something like that happened 2-3 times. They also ran on 1st and 2nd down like 80% of the time, with the worst OL in football (that worst line's backups since the OL was all injured), while they had the best QB in the NFL under pressure (completion rate).
Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD
And1: 690

Post#119 » by Kyler Murray » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:16 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
It was worse...Anthony Lynn and his coordinator made a mockery of the NFL, especially last year. The Chargers literally, with no timeouts, and like 10 seconds left in the half after a play as the team got to the line of scrimmage for one last play or spike, ran the ball and the clock ran out.

I think something like that happened 2-3 times. They also ran on 1st and 2nd down like 80% of the time, with the worst OL in football (that worst line's backups since the OL was all injured), while they had the best QB in the NFL under pressure (completion rate).

Silver linings, Staley looks like the real deal.
dmastro32
Rookie

Post#120 » by dmastro32 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:44 pm

Kyler Murray wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Silver linings, Staley looks like the real deal.

Our whole staff looked terrible yesterday only person I want to keep is the oline coach everyone else needs to go Vic, Shurmer , special teams and dcordinator

Return to Phoenix Suns