ImageImageImageImageImage

Predict Lakers Line Up

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,181

Re: Predict Lakers Line Up 

Post#81 » by SlimShady83 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:32 am

hahaha. coming back and looking at this ...

My starting 5 seems ok, but the bench OMG LOL

And this was b4 all the FA signings
Bring back Defense
scoobs07
Starter
And1: 82

Post#82 » by scoobs07 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:22 pm

Ball so hard wrote:Is Rondo on board with primarily being an advisor? Unlike Dudley, I've yet to hear anyone say Rondo is a great locker room guy. Rondo is going on what, 15 years in the league? I think we're truly fooling ourselves.
By all accounts, Rondo is a good locker room guy and he has a high basketball i.q. We will see him on the sidelines at times with a clipboard, even though he is an active player.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,972

Post#83 » by zimpy27 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:41 pm

zimpy27 wrote:It's possible that this is the rotation:

PG: Westbrook | Nunn | Rondo
SG: Ellington | Monk |
SF: THT | Bazemore |
PF: LeBron | Ariza | Melo
C: Davis | Howard | Jordan

Addition of Wes and Ennis for the final 2 spots could happen. Though I think Lakers are waiting for teams to cut down their rosters to the final 15. I think Lakers will look to pick up some of the discarded guys.

Doubling down on this as recent reports suggest THT is meant to take role of KCP and guard best perimeter player. Well he has to start to do that. I think Westbrook, THT, LeBron, Davis always start and either Ellington/Monk or Howard/Jordan start depending on match up.

- I think THT and Bazemore are interchangeable
- I think Ellington and Monk are interchangeable
- I think Ariza and Melo are interchangeable
- I think Howard and Jordan are interchangeable

I think the lineup has to play out as above. Though for final spots they may go for a 4th C and a third tier wing since both two-way guys are SGs.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
scoobs07
Starter

Post#84 » by scoobs07 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:21 pm

zimpy27 wrote:

Addition of Wes and Ennis for the final 2 spots could happen. Though I think Lakers are waiting for teams to cut down their rosters to the final 15. I think Lakers will look to pick up some of the discarded guys.

Doubling down on this.

- Recent supports suggest THT is meant to take role of KCP and guard best perimeter player. Well he has to start to do that.

I think the lineup has to play out as above. Though for final spots they may go for a 4th C and a third tier wing since both two ways are SGs
I saw that. It's pretty interesting. He needs to greatly improve his shot though, and I think he will. But with that being said, I don't think THT will start the season as a starter. He could be in that spot by the halfway point of the season though.
Last seasons's
THT would be a bad mix offensively with Lebron and Westbrook, who do a lot of the same things as THT. Another thing of note, Pelinka also said that he cant wait to see Anthony getting catch and shoot opportunities off of Lebron, and I know it's not saying much, but he sounded very excited about Melo. So, I think there is also a chance that Melo starts at one of the forward spots aside Lebron, and would probably defend opposing 4s, while the slimmed down Lebron defends the opposing 3s.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,972

Post#85 » by zimpy27 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:30 pm

scoobs07 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

Doubling down on this.

- Recent supports suggest THT is meant to take role of KCP and guard best perimeter player. Well he has to start to do that.

I think the lineup has to play out as above. Though for final spots they may go for a 4th C and a third tier wing since both two ways are SGs
I saw that. It's pretty interesting. He needs to greatly improve his shot though, and I think he will. But with that being said, I don't think THT will start the season as a starter. He could be in that spot by the halfway point of the season though.
Last seasons's
THT would be a bad mix offensively with Lebron and Westbrook, who do a lot of the same things as THT. Another thing of note, Pelinka also said that he cant wait to see Anthony getting catch and shoot opportunities off of Lebron, and I know it's not saying much, but he sounded very excited about Melo. So, I think there is also a chance that Melo starts at one of the forward spots aside Lebron, and would probably defend opposing 4s, while the slimmed down Lebron defends the opposing 3s.

Melo always gets talked up i think because his history with LeBron. Being drafted together,being early rivals for best young player.

I don't think Lakers are going for a traditional offense. I think Vogel will go for defense first and just be happy to have 4 guys on the court (Westbrook, THT, LeBron, Davis) that can score in iso situations. The offense is going to be ugly by design I think. This team is being built for the playoffs. I expect a terrible offense early until their main 4 can get some chemistry.

Spacing is a tool that helps players that can't score in iso. The spacing lifts offensive efficiency of the team by providing players space to catch and shoot or rim run. However, in the case of the Lakers, when you have iso scorers, spacing isn't as necessary. I kind of think Lakers just tried to double down on this with the Westbroook, THT, LeBron, Davis as a core. It explains why they let Caruso and KCP go. All their main guys that weren't iso scorers were abandoned effectively. I don't know if this is the right plan but it could be. I do like the strategy because teams put a premium on 3 shooters right now, while Lakers put a premium on iso scoring and got the 3 shooters for vet minimums. It's smart to buy what everyone else is selling off.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
scoobs07
Starter

Post#86 » by scoobs07 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:08 am

zimpy27 wrote:
scoobs07 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
Doubling down on this.

Last seasons's

Melo always gets talked up i think because his history with LeBron. Being drafted together,being early rivals for best young player.

I don't think Lakers are going for a traditional offense. I think Vogel will go for defense first and just be happy to have 4 guys on the court (Westbrook, THT, LeBron, Davis) that can score in iso situations. The offense is going to be ugly by design I think. This team is being built for the playoffs. I expect a terrible offense early until their main 4 can get some chemistry.

Spacing is a tool that helps players that can't score in iso. The spacing lifts offensive efficiency of the team by providing players space to catch and shoot or rim run. However, in the case of the Lakers, when you have iso scorers, spacing isn't as necessary. I kind of think Lakers just tried to double down on this with the Westbroook, THT, LeBron, Davis as a core. It explains why they let Caruso and KCP go. All their main guys that weren't iso scorers were abandoned effectively. I don't know if this is the right plan but it could be. I do like the strategy because teams put a premium on 3 shooters right now, while Lakers put a premium on iso scoring and got the 3 shooters for vet minimums. It's smart to buy what everyone else is selling off.
That is some pretty interesting stuff. Pelinka was acting like they wanted better spacing though.
Up-And-Coming
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,685

Post#87 » by Up-And-Coming » Sat Oct 2, 2021 10:44 pm

What's the predicted starting lineup tomorrow? Bron, Westbrook, Melo and Ariza are out.

Nunn/Rondo/Reaves
Ellington/Monk
Talen/Bazemore
AD
Dwight/Jordan
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,752

Post#88 » by ROballer » Sun Oct 3, 2021 12:59 pm

zimpy27 wrote:

Doubling down on this as recent reports suggest THT is meant to take role of KCP and guard best perimeter player. Well he has to start to do that. I think Westbrook, THT, LeBron, Davis always start and either Ellington/Monk or Howard/Jordan start depending on match up.

I think the lineup has to play out as above. Though for final spots they may go for a 4th C and a third tier wing since both two-way guys are SGs.

If those reports are true, it will 100% mean Davis is starting at C. Because in order for THT to guard the opposing best player, that means he needs to start.
And you can't start Westbrook, THT, Lebron, Davis AND Howard. It's a logistical nightmare in terms of spacing.

It has to be Westbrook, shooter, THT, Lebron, Davis. That shooter is the question mark and can be a role that's passed around from guy to guy throughout the season.

My money right now is:

Westbrook/Nunn
Monk/Ellington
THT/Bazemore
Lebron/Carmelo
Davis/Howard

I don't see Rondo, Jordan or Ariza playing much if at all if any of the guys mentioned above are healthy and not in foul trouble.
They are insurance veterans at this point, meant to provide leadership and good lockerroom presence than production on the court.

I think a 10 guy rotation is fair and more than enough if all things are clicking. If any of those 10 go down, we got the other 3 to step in and take the available roles left.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
scoobs07
Starter

Post#89 » by scoobs07 » Sun Oct 3, 2021 3:36 pm

Up-And-Coming wrote:What's the predicted starting lineup tomorrow? Bron, Westbrook, Melo and Ariza are out.

Nunn/Rondo/Reaves
Ellington/Monk
Talen/Bazemore
AD
Dwight/Jordan
That's about right. Also, a possibility DJ may start. Dwight is better, but DJ and Nunn have been playing with the first unit in some practices. Also, THT may bring the ball up with Nunn playing off the ball.
scoobs07
Starter

Post#90 » by scoobs07 » Sun Oct 3, 2021 7:06 pm

Probable starting line up today (preseason game one):

PF-Davis
SF-Bazemore
C-Jordan
PG-Nunn
SG-Horton-Tucker
Up-And-Coming
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,685

Post#91 » by Up-And-Coming » Sun Oct 3, 2021 9:16 pm

scoobs07 wrote:
Up-And-Coming wrote:What's the predicted starting lineup tomorrow? Bron, Westbrook, Melo and Ariza are out.

Nunn/Rondo/Reaves
Ellington/Monk
Talen/Bazemore
AD
Dwight/Jordan
That's about right. Also, a possibility DJ may start. Dwight is better, but DJ and Nunn have been playing with the first unit in some practices. Also, THT may bring the ball up with Nunn playing off the ball.

Ya I’m still impressed that Dwight in his older age is still better and more athletic than dudes several years younger like Jordan, Drummond and McGee.
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Post#92 » by Ball so hard » Sun Oct 3, 2021 10:09 pm

If this is the THT we're going to see this season it'll be a huge mistake to start him. He's clearly at his best when dribbling while looking to get to basket... this is not a bad thing. It's just something that's least needed in a lineup with AD, Bron, and Russ. Do we really want to turn THT into a spot up shooter? We know Bron and Russ will pound the hell out of the ball.
scoobs07
Starter

Post#93 » by scoobs07 » Sun Oct 3, 2021 11:10 pm

Ball so hard wrote:If this is the THT we're going to see this season it'll be a huge mistake to start him. He's clearly at his best when dribbling while looking to get to basket... this is not a bad thing. It's just something that's least needed in a lineup with AD, Bron, He and Russ. Do we really want to turn THT into a spot up shooter? We know Bron and Russ will pound the hell out of the ball.
The way that the Lakers are constructed with the big 3, hey may be better off with the best shooters possible next to them. I am not sold on Vogel's philosophy of the 'best combination of shooting and defense". I dont think going the jack of all traits route and master of none is the best route for us at the 2 and 3. THT may be better off as back up point guard at this juncture. Maybe down the line, he becomes the Lebron type of focal point, but we are obviously not there yet. Kid has a ton of potential to get there though, and I think he will. If I'm Vogel, I seriously consider Carmelo at the 3 and Ellington at the 2.
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Post#94 » by Ball so hard » Mon Oct 4, 2021 12:16 am

scoobs07 wrote:
Ball so hard wrote:If this is the THT we're going to see this season it'll be a huge mistake to start him. He's clearly at his best when dribbling while looking to get to basket... this is not a bad thing. It's just something that's least needed in a lineup with AD, Bron, He and Russ. Do we really want to turn THT into a spot up shooter? We know Bron and Russ will pound the hell out of the ball.
The way that the Lakers are constructed with the big 3, hey may be better off with the best shooters possible next to them. I am not sold on Vogel's philosophy of the 'best combination of shooting and defense". I dont think going the jack of all traits route and master of none is the best route for us at the 2 and 3. THT may be better off as back up point guard at this juncture. Maybe down the line, he becomes the Lebron type of focal point, but we are obviously not there yet. Kid has a ton of potential to get there though, and I think he will. If I'm Vogel, I seriously consider Carmelo at the 3 and Ellington at the 2.

Agree. I'm afraid we're going to stunt this kid's development. I think we probably should've committed to him as the full-time back up PG. There aren't a ton of mintutes left when Russ goes to the bench. We have Nunn and Rondo on the roster and this further complicate things. THT can obviously play next to Nunn. I love Ellington's movement on offense. I love that he doesn't hesitate to catch and shoot. I think he's the closest thing to a lock for one of the two open spots.
scoobs07
Starter

Post#95 » by scoobs07 » Mon Oct 4, 2021 2:45 pm

Ball so hard wrote:
scoobs07 wrote:

Agree. I'm afraid we're going to stunt this kid's development. I think we probably should've committed to him as the full-time back up PG. There aren't a ton of mintutes left when Russ goes to the bench. We have Nunn and Rondo on the roster and this further complicate things. THT can obviously play next to Nunn. I love Ellington's movement on offense. I love that he doesn't hesitate to catch and shoot. I think he's the closest thing to a lock for one of the two open spots.
Well, they still can commit to THT as back up PG. Nunn is more of a two, and Vogel has stated Rondo wont play that much. Yeah, I agree on Ellington. I think Melo could also be a dangerous catch and shoot weapon with the big three.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,544

Post#96 » by stan francisco » Mon Oct 4, 2021 3:32 pm

I think we need not worry yet. :lol: RW and LBJ won’t let THT ball hog when they’re on the floor.

I see THT getting his ball-hog offensive minutes in garbage time.

I’m fine with him playing defense (can guard 1-3) and running the break for the rest of the game. Sure, take some spot up threes but scoring is the last thing THT needs to worry about right now.

If I were THT, I’d get my three pointer in order.

Edit: That, AND, I’d take defensive guard classes from the defensive mastermind that is Rondo. Every day if possible.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,036

Post#97 » by RamonSessions7 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:06 am

Welcome back, AB
Eric Bieniemy
Pro Prospect
And1: 575

Post#98 » by Eric Bieniemy » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:23 pm

PG - Westbrook - (James) - Rondo
SG - Bradley - Monk - Nunn
C - Davis - Huff - Howard - Jordan
PF - James - Anthony - Ariza
SF - Bazemore - Reaves - Tucker - Ellington
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,286

Post#99 » by tamaraw08 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:25 pm

I predict Bradley and Bazemore will play at least 24 minutes each. Whoever plays the best defense between Nunn, Ellington and Monk will get some minutes while 2 will assume the roles played by Cook and Daniels before as their cheer leaders from the bench.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#100 » by Kilroy » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:52 am

Before, or after the housecleaning?
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...

Return to Los Angeles Lakers