gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#1041 » by gambitx777 » Sat Oct 2, 2021 11:30 am

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19
Unfortunately that doesn't fix this defence. They need to make adjustments they have the bodies to have a solid D. They need to make Tweeks to coverages and rich packages.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man
And1: 594

Post#1042 » by BearlyBallin » Sun Oct 3, 2021 5:13 pm

Wow, Atlanta driving down the field into the red zone way too easy.
Lucky to hold them to a FG.
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1043 » by Ruzious » Sun Oct 3, 2021 7:24 pm

How in the bleep do they call that a personal foul? Isn't this supposed to be professional football?

Still, absolutely no excuse for allowing that TD. It's not just professional football; it's tackle football.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,888

Post#1044 » by TGW » Sun Oct 3, 2021 7:33 pm

This team is poor. I didn't see this type of backslide coming at all. I thought this was a 9-7 team but I think it's more like 7-9.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,184

Post#1045 » by Zonkerbl » Sun Oct 3, 2021 8:31 pm

So is Heinicke actually good or did he just have the game of his life?
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1046 » by Ruzious » Sun Oct 3, 2021 8:47 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:So is Heinicke actually good or did he just have the game of his life?

Well, he obviously doesn't have a strong arm - it's not an "NFL arm", and he'll get the yips every once in a while, but he's super-smart in reading the field and going to every progression, he's super-quick, and runs well. He's gained some muscle, but he's still a small guy who you wonder how durable he is, but you could see today - he was smart about sliding and not taking big hits. It's basically, will the lack of arm strength prevent him from winning games? I love that he takes chances downfield. Most QB's we've had recently didn't do that.

I'll tell you what, that TD pass to McKissic isn't something most QB's would have come up with. That was a special play on both of their parts.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man
And1: 594

Post#1047 » by BearlyBallin » Sun Oct 3, 2021 9:33 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

I missed the second half except for the last 30 seconds.

Looks like they had a good start of the second half. Lol

Nice end to the half too. :D

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1048 » by Zonkerbl » Sun Oct 3, 2021 9:58 pm

I have zero expectations for this team. Just happy they got rid of the racist name. Everything else is a bonus.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1049 » by Zonkerbl » Sun Oct 3, 2021 10:01 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Zonkerbl wrote:So is Heinicke actually good or did he just have the game of his life?

Well, he obviously doesn't have a strong arm - it's not an "NFL arm", and he'll get the yips every once in a while, but he's super-smart in reading the field and going to every progression, he's super-quick, and runs well. He's gained some muscle, but he's still a small guy who you wonder how durable he is, but you could see today - he was smart about sliding and not taking big hits. It's basically, will the lack of arm strength prevent him from winning games? I love that he takes chances downfield. Most QB's we've had recently didn't do that.

I'll tell you what, that TD pass to McKissic isn't something most QB's would have come up with. That was a special play on both of their parts.

So he's like that Boston College quarterback who threw the hail mary way back when - Doug Flutie. Although it says here on the intertubes that he had unusual arm strength for such a small guy
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1050 » by Ruzious » Sun Oct 3, 2021 10:41 pm

BearlyBallin wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

I missed the second half except for the last 30 seconds.

Looks like they had a good start of the second half. Lol

Nice end to the half too. :D

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Man, when's the last time we had a kick return like that? Once Carter made the first guy miss, he was gone. They a perfect seem blocked for him, and he followed it easily. Carter also had a big catch near the end of the game.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,356

Post#1051 » by doclinkin » Mon Oct 4, 2021 12:06 am

TGW wrote:This team is poor. I didn't see this type of backslide coming at all. I thought this was a 9-7 team but I think it's more like 7-9.

9-8 or 8-9, or 10-7 vs 7-10. They added a game this year.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,888

Post#1052 » by TGW » Mon Oct 4, 2021 1:14 am

doclinkin wrote:
TGW wrote:This team is poor. I didn't see this type of backslide coming at all. I thought this was a 9-7 team but I think it's more like 7-9.

9-8 or 8-9, or 10-7 vs 7-10. They added a game this year.

I forgot about that. thanks doc.

agree with ruzious on TH...he has a noodle arm and rarely throws a clean spiral, but he reads the field well and he's mobile. Really wish his arm was just a little stronger.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#1053 » by tontoz » Mon Oct 4, 2021 1:33 am

I like heinicke. He is learning as he goes. He was late at times but he is an accurate thrower. Through 4 games he is completing 70% of his passes and he can run. I like how he looks to slide early to avoid hits.

Smart player with no fear.

This guy was 3rd string in the XFL not long ago. Great story.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1054 » by Ruzious » Mon Oct 4, 2021 12:56 pm

Am I being a complete homer for liking the decision to throw the TD pass to McLaurin - knowing he was well covered in the end zone? I thought trusting your best player to make a huge play was the right thing to do when you're 8 points down with about 4 minutes left in the game while getting knocked on your backside.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#1055 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Mon Oct 4, 2021 1:34 pm

Not gonna lie. This one felt like a loss. Our defense is terrible
In Rizzo we trust
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1056 » by Ruzious » Mon Oct 4, 2021 1:43 pm

2 games already that our kicker was bailed out by penalties. Plus 2 missed xtra points in 1 game. And his history here has not been Graham Gano quality.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#1057 » by Dat2U » Mon Oct 4, 2021 1:58 pm

Ruzious wrote:

He reminds me so much of a younger Drew Brees with the arm of a 35 yr old Drew Brees.

I'm not sure he stays healthy and I wouldn't hesitate to draft his replacement but for now Im confident he's a QB you can win with.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#1058 » by Dat2U » Mon Oct 4, 2021 2:03 pm

Just looking at the defense, I see a vanilla scheme. A good, not great D-line. Worst group of LBs in the league and an average secondary. Only reason I even notice Chase is because of his hair.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1059 » by Ruzious » Mon Oct 4, 2021 2:20 pm

I think the biggest problem on D is that they rarely blitz. 2 problems with that - It negates the pass-rushing advantage they would otherwise have, and it makes them predictable. That surprises me about an RR defense, because one thing he SAYS is so important is being unpredictable, and we're clearly not - and that's by design. I think it's time to look for a new D-Coordinator.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,353

Post#1060 » by Kanyewest » Mon Oct 4, 2021 6:11 pm

Ruzious wrote:2 games already that our kicker was bailed out by penalties. Plus 2 missed xtra points in 1 game. And his history here has not been Graham Gano quality.

Graham Gano being cut in Washington means Hopkins and him could share a similar history soon.

Return to Washington Wizards