ImageImageImage

Joel: unchained.

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

TheBallsDeeper
Starter
And1: 2,112

Re: Joel; unchained. 

Post#41 » by TheBallsDeeper » Mon Oct 4, 2021 10:07 pm

It's going to be amazing to see how dominant Embiid can be when he can be completely focused on playing his natural game. No having to camp out on the three-point line, no running into a double team when going to the basket because Ben's standing down low doing nothing.
There isn't really anyone left in the league that can defend him. He could put up 40 points per game this season.
kio80
Sixth Man
And1: 1,076

Post#42 » by kio80 » Wed Oct 6, 2021 4:03 am

eyeatoma wrote:
syntax wrote:Embiid can't even read or pass out of a double team. His turnovers are through the roof. He is an awful playmaker for his usage. Can't co-exist in an offense that isn't just ISO Embiid ball. Ben has shown that, Jimmy has shown that. Good luck winning with Embiid. My guess is picking up basketball at 15 years old doesn't help when developing crucial areas of team play, a skill that can't be taught.
Can you just go away?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I'd much rather you go away, and stop posting BS in general forums to make Philly fans sound so bitter
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,792

Post#43 » by eyeatoma » Wed Oct 6, 2021 4:12 am

kio80 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
syntax wrote:Embiid can't even read or pass out of a double team. His turnovers are through the roof. He is an awful playmaker for his usage. Can't co-exist in an offense that isn't just ISO Embiid ball. Ben has shown that, Jimmy has shown that. Good luck winning with Embiid. My guess is picking up basketball at 15 years old doesn't help when developing crucial areas of team play, a skill that can't be taught.
Can you just go away?

I'd much rather you go away, and stop posting BS in general forums to make Philly fans sound so bitter

So you're enjoying this situation that Ben has put the Sixers and the fans in?
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,667

Post#44 » by Negrodamus » Wed Oct 6, 2021 4:23 am

It’s funny that our resident cherry picking stat poster will show us all the all star games and dpoy finalist accolades of Ben but will freely ignore that Embiid has all those accolades plus more (2nd in MVP voting) and somehow Embiid is the problem. Cognitive dissonance at its finest
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#45 » by Tomjas » Wed Oct 6, 2021 5:01 am

eyeatoma wrote:
kio80 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Can you just go away?

And what situation is that exactly?

Anyone who follows the NBA knows that he’s been on borrowed time here since the playoffs finished

More importantly, the other GMs know it

Nothing has changed
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#46 » by eyeatoma » Wed Oct 6, 2021 5:12 am

Tomjas wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
kio80 wrote:

Anyone who follows the NBA knows that he’s been on borrowed time here since the playoffs finished

Nothing has changed

Why are you even responding to this? I was talking to kio80, who says I'm giving Philly fans a bad rap. Most people agree with what Neubeck has written. On the Sixers board, and on social media. Even on the GB, most people are agreeing that Simmons is being a big baby, and Philly has every right to do what they are right now.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant

Post#47 » by Tomjas » Wed Oct 6, 2021 5:15 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Tomjas wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Nothing has changed

Why are you even responding to this? I was talking to kio80, who says I'm giving Philly fans a bad rap. Most people agree with what Neubeck has written. On the Sixers board, and on social media. Even on the GB, most people are agreeing that Simmons is being a big baby, and Philly has every right to do what they are right now.

So good riddance to him then

Worry about who is here and not about someone who isn’t
kio80
Sixth Man

Post#48 » by kio80 » Wed Oct 6, 2021 5:37 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Tomjas wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Nothing has changed

On the contrary, most people do not agree with Neubeck, if you actually read your own post, they are simply throwing shade at ben cause of how hated he is at the moment, and also a lot of negative comments are directed to our team's management and organisation.
Not defending Simmons cause he has nothing to do with the team anymore, but he had actually said ZERO things, nor anything negative about us, he simply expressed that he didn't want to play for the team, it's Daryl Morey who's been playing this stupid high asking price game in order to make Ben look like an idiot, which he probably deserves, but is doing absolutely nothing but rotten the team and Ben's trade value, which is going to affect the team immensely in years moving forward.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#49 » by eyeatoma » Wed Oct 6, 2021 5:52 am

kio80 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Tomjas wrote:

Nothing has changed

On the contrary, most people do not agree with Neubeck, if you actually read your own post, they are simply throwing shade at ben cause of how hated he is at the moment, and also a lot of negative comments are directed to our team's management and organisation.
Not defending Simmons cause he has nothing to do with the team anymore, but he had actually said ZERO things, nor anything negative about us, he simply expressed that he didn't want to play for the team, it's Daryl Morey who's been playing this stupid high asking price game in order to make Ben look like an idiot, which he probably deserves, but is doing absolutely nothing but rotten the team and Ben's trade value, which is going to affect the team immensely in years moving forward.

I guarantee you that Embiid prefers this as opposed to quickly pulling the trigger and selling for 20c on the dollar. If that happens you know that Embiid is gone in a year, because the window will be irreparably closed. Atleast by holding out, we have a shot of a disgruntled star asking out by the deadline.
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect
And1: 335

Post#50 » by Jhawk03 » Wed Oct 6, 2021 5:59 am

kio80 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Tomjas wrote:

Nothing has changed

Look, first things first, EVERYONE, from this board to the GB to social media need to come to a conclusion on Ben's ACTUAL trade value. This is the missing piece to the puzzle. All of the .50 cents on the dollar or .10 cents or "look I can get 2 sandwiches for 4 bucks" it has to stop. I mean at this point anybody at this point that claims his value is decreasing or increasing now just don't understand what his true value is. Hell MOREY HIMSELF DOESN'T KNOW, and he's making himself look like a dumbass trying to figure it out.

So until a consensus on Ben's true value is agreed upon by a majority, this circus will never end.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant

Post#51 » by Tomjas » Wed Oct 6, 2021 7:30 am

Jhawk03 wrote:
kio80 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Look, first things first, EVERYONE, from this board to the GB to social media need to come to a conclusion on Ben's ACTUAL trade value. This is the missing piece to the puzzle. All of the .50 cents on the dollar or .10 cents or "look I can get 2 sandwiches for 4 bucks" it has to stop. I mean at this point anybody at this point that claims his value is decreasing or increasing now just don't understand what his true value is. Hell MOREY HIMSELF DOESN'T KNOW, and he's making himself look like a dumbass trying to figure it out.

So until a consensus on Ben's true value is agreed upon by a majority, this circus will never end.

It only requires a few GMs to agree on a value

You, me, RealGM & anybody who isn’t a decision maker is irrelevant
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect
And1: 335

Post#52 » by Jhawk03 » Wed Oct 6, 2021 8:31 am

Tomjas wrote:
Jhawk03 wrote:
kio80 wrote:

Tomjas, please just stop and LISTEN

OR tell me GMs don't have to worry about public perception. I mean, ok fine, YOU'RE RIGHT!
Tomjas
Lead Assistant

Post#53 » by Tomjas » Wed Oct 6, 2021 9:09 am

Jhawk03 wrote:
Tomjas wrote:
Jhawk03 wrote:

Tomjas, please just stop and LISTEN

OR tell me GMs don't have to worry about public perception. I mean, ok fine, YOU'RE RIGHT!

Harris & co paid $295 million for the Sixers and the franchise is now worth more than $2 billion with a massive broadcast rights increase in the works

WE DON’T MATTER

They could sell out today and make a massive profit

Once you realise that, it’s easier to cop the bs because it’s just money to them
Tomjas
Lead Assistant

Post#54 » by Tomjas » Wed Oct 6, 2021 9:22 am

Look at the Blazers

Portland is owned by the Paul Allen Foundation which is controlled by his sister

The foundation is worth $100 billion +

Jody Allen has no interest in basketball but retains ownership because her brother loved it

His favourite player was Dame

ZERO chance that she trades Dame for basketball reasons as she just doesn’t give a crap about that side of it

Dame would have to beg for a trade before she agreed to it

Was NEVER going to happen
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,884

Post#55 » by Wilfried » Wed Oct 6, 2021 12:01 pm

kio80 wrote:Not defending Simmons cause he has nothing to do with the team anymore, but he had actually said ZERO things, nor anything negative about us, he simply expressed that he didn't want to play for the team, it's Daryl Morey who's been playing this stupid high asking price game in order to make Ben look like an idiot, which he probably deserves, but is doing absolutely nothing but rotten the team and Ben's trade value, which is going to affect the team immensely in years moving forward.

So what do you propose? Trade Ben Simmons for John Wall and call it a day?

Ben is completely in his right to demand a trade, but has to realize he has 4 more years on his contract.

A good GM doesn't kill the franchise when he has leverage.

And that's why Morey probably isn't going to trade Ben Simmons for John Wall.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant

Post#56 » by Tomjas » Wed Oct 6, 2021 12:23 pm

Wilfried wrote:
kio80 wrote:Not defending Simmons cause he has nothing to do with the team anymore, but he had actually said ZERO things, nor anything negative about us, he simply expressed that he didn't want to play for the team, it's Daryl Morey who's been playing this stupid high asking price game in order to make Ben look like an idiot, which he probably deserves, but is doing absolutely nothing but rotten the team and Ben's trade value, which is going to affect the team immensely in years moving forward.

So what do you propose? Trade Ben Simmons for John Wall and call it a day?

Ben is completely in his right to demand a trade, but has to realize he has 4 more years on his contract.

A good GM doesn't kill the franchise when he has leverage.

And that's why Morey probably isn't going to trade Ben Simmons for John Wall.

Nobody has ever accused Morey of being a a good GM
Tomjas
Lead Assistant

Post#57 » by Tomjas » Wed Oct 6, 2021 12:31 pm

Morey traded Chris Paul for a bag of chips

He resigned before the Rockets gave Harden away

He’s earning $10 million per year while Simmons tanks his value

Hack!!!!!
kio80
Sixth Man

Post#58 » by kio80 » Thu Oct 7, 2021 8:10 am

Tomjas wrote:Morey traded Chris Paul for a bag of chips

He resigned before the Rockets gave Harden away

He’s earning $10 million per year while Simmons tanks his value

Hack!!!!!

Morey is extremely overrated, especially by members in this board, he's not that good, he's probably better than Elton Brand, but that's about it, and he has no integrity, which is very important if you want to attract stars to play for you or loyalty from your players, he's shown that by ditching the Rockets by lying that he wanted to retire, who has treated him so well and had given Morey all he wanted, only to go back on his words and accept another job within a week.
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#59 » by Simmons25 » Thu Oct 7, 2021 2:13 pm

TheBallsDeeper wrote:It's going to be amazing to see how dominant Embiid can be when he can be completely focused on playing his natural game. No having to camp out on the three-point line, no running into a double team when going to the basket because Ben's standing down low doing nothing.
There isn't really anyone left in the league that can defend him. He could put up 40 points per game this season.

:lol: Was this supposed to be in green font?

https://www.libertyballers.com/2021/10/2/22706166/joel-embiid-sixers-more-threes

"Embiid is aware of these dynamics and has acknowledged them in each of his first two appearances with media to open the 2021-22 season. At Monday’s Media Day, he said he plans to take more triples this year after notching a career-low three-point rate of .171 in 2020-21. Thursday, he reiterated those intentions."
Bum Adebayo
Head Coach
And1: 3,932

Post#60 » by Bum Adebayo » Thu Oct 7, 2021 7:57 pm

Yeah obviously an Aussie is not going to be fond of Embiid, we know that, but just so you know, planning to take more triples is much better than planing to take 0 triples like your boy Bum Simmons.
Embiid tries to improve, I understand it's a hard concept to grasp for the Simmons stans, but trying to improve is a thing.
Horrible takes since 2016

Return to Philadelphia 76ers