OKC Thunder Trades and Transaction Thread

Moderators: Dadouv47, retrobro90

Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,018

Re: OKC Thunder Trades and Transaction Thread 

Post#141 » by Dadouv47 » Tue Oct 5, 2021 5:26 pm

We are stucked with Bazley for now. He has no trade value. Kid has a lot of potential though but not putting enough work to improve his defense and shot :(

Well that was only one preason game, still waiting for at least half the season before giving up on him.
cjmcallist
Sixth Man
And1: 734

Post#142 » by cjmcallist » Tue Oct 5, 2021 6:38 pm

Deandre Ayton anyone?
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,308

Post#143 » by getrichordie » Wed Oct 6, 2021 2:36 am

Dadouv47 wrote:We are stucked with Bazley for now. He has no trade value. Kid has a lot of potential though but not putting enough work to improve his defense and shot :(

Well that was only one preason game, still waiting for at least half the season before giving up on him.

I'm in the same boat. Just show me something before the deadline. Anything. Show me high level defense. Show me competent drives. Something. He's just not on the level the rest of our young guys are in terms of how well he processes the game and it shows.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 906

Post#144 » by retrobro90 » Wed Oct 6, 2021 3:45 pm

cjmcallist wrote:Deandre Ayton anyone?

If somehow he makes it all the way to RFA with Phoenix because they refuse to offer the max then yeah I'd be happy to sign him to that kind of offer sheet. I'd be much more hesitant though offering Phoenix the kind of trade package it would take to pry him from their clutches this early.
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#145 » by retrobro90 » Wed Oct 6, 2021 3:49 pm

getrichordie wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:We are stucked with Bazley for now. He has no trade value. Kid has a lot of potential though but not putting enough work to improve his defense and shot :(

I'm in the same boat. Just show me something before the deadline. Anything. Show me high level defense. Show me competent drives. Something. He's just not on the level the rest of our young guys are in terms of how well he processes the game and it shows.

Yeah this is probably the biggest thing with him. He's either too tentative or too eager possession to possession. I don't think he has the natural read and react instinct it takes to have the role he was given last year. If he can limit himself and demonstrate the bare essentials for a forward this year then it could turn around for him.
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#146 » by retrobro90 » Fri Nov 5, 2021 5:44 am

Here's a couple names that make some sense: Myles Turner (25) and Jarrett Allen (23)

Might be a summer time transaction but I think both of those guys would be awesome fits in OKC and their current squads seem like decent OKC trade partners.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Post#147 » by bondom34 » Fri Nov 5, 2021 6:39 am

I'm still assuming they wait, and they have 2023 cap space, but PJ Washington is a guy I'm kind of intrigued by as well. Charlotte still doesn't start him I don't believe and I don't know why.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#148 » by retrobro90 » Fri Nov 5, 2021 2:24 pm

bondom34 wrote:I'm still assuming they wait, and they have 2023 cap space, but PJ Washington is a guy I'm kind of intrigued by as well. Charlotte still doesn't start him I don't believe and I don't know why.

Probably because Miles Bridges is routinely giving them 30pts a night. PJ hasn't looked great this year in the minutes I've seen but I like him as a reclamation project if CHA is willing to cut ties at this point.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,805

Post#149 » by BlazersBroncos » Fri Nov 5, 2021 3:03 pm

retrobro90 wrote:Here's a couple names that make some sense: Myles Turner (25) and Jarrett Allen (23)

Might be a summer time transaction but I think both of those guys would be awesome fits in OKC and their current squads seem like decent OKC trade partners.

I think either would be great targets for a draft pick overpay of sorts. I love that Myles can shoot the 3, but Allen is younger and a lot better as a roll guy. Defense is comparable despite gaudy block numbers from Turner.

Favors, 2022 LAC FRP, 2023 DEN FRP, 2024 DAL or MIA SRP for Allen?
Woerzboerg
Sophomore
And1: 71

Post#150 » by Woerzboerg » Fri Nov 5, 2021 9:36 pm

How about making a bid for Miles Bridges in the offseason? He plays very well this year and with a good offer, we may be able to lure him away from Charlotte. We could use him as a wing scorer next to SGA/Dort/Giddey and a big man we could get from the draft.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM

Post#151 » by BlazersBroncos » Fri Nov 5, 2021 11:14 pm

Woerzboerg wrote:How about making a bid for Miles Bridges in the offseason? He plays very well this year and with a good offer, we may be able to lure him away from Charlotte. We could use him as a wing scorer next to SGA/Dort/Giddey and a big man we could get from the draft.

I think CHA matches any offer for Bridges. I expect him to get a max deal if he keeps playing at this level. He is really, really good.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#152 » by Devilanche » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:45 pm

Where does everyone stand on dort ?

If you look at his contract . That’s an asset to trade for 2 first rounder .

If you look at his improvements since drafted , would you be willing to keep him and pay his next contract ?

I’m fairly willing to keep him as giddey just matures physically , giddey might be able to play SF.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#153 » by retrobro90 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:03 pm

Devilanche wrote:Where does everyone stand on dort ?

If you look at his improvements since drafted , would you be willing to keep him and pay his next contract ?

I’m fairly willing to keep him as giddey just matures physically , giddey might be able to play SF.

I think the only way I'd trade Lu is if an all star was on the table. And it would honestly have to be the right kind of all star that translates to winning basketball. Lu's rate of improvement, character, and personal relationships with everyone make him invaluable. Still so young and I can't get over what he's done with his game from his rookie year to now.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#154 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:27 pm

Devilanche wrote:Where does everyone stand on dort ?

Feel like Dort has peaked and I would trade him if he wasn't Shai's best friend.

Don't want to trade him for picks though. Would try to get a good young prospect for him or use him to move up in the draft.
Dort + small asset for Kuminga makes sense for both teams (I know Dort isn't worth a prospect like Kuminga but it saves some tax money for Gs and mainly he can help them to get a championship this season).

Wonder how much we will have to spend on his next contract if he keeps playing that well. Think he's worth 12-15m/year.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM

Post#155 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:41 pm

If the goal is to build a winning team rather than tank for half a decade, Dort and Kenrich become highly valuable. The Thunder are looking at gobs of cap space summer 2023, the same year Dort and Williams expire.

Given that both have player in OKC for 3 years, they are Bird Rights players. That means their cap hold is 190% of their current salary. Given how little each make, that means the cap holds for them in summer 2023 are:

Dort - $3.667M
Williams - $3.8M

Thats huge, allowing OKC to sign a big fish and wait to sign these guys while only having them take up about 7.5M in cap space. Its rare to be in a situation like that (MIA was w/ Robinson).

OKC has an absurd amount of picks, keep these guys and build a team around SGA / Josh / 2022 FRP.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,168

Post#156 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:28 pm

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32661539/oklahoma-city-thunder-coach-mark-daigneault-miss-road-trip-birth-child

Also, I don’t think Dort has peaked but I think his offensive performances are likely to always have peaks and valleys.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#157 » by Devilanche » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:37 am

ThunderBolt wrote:https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32661539/oklahoma-city-thunder-coach-mark-daigneault-miss-road-trip-birth-child

That’s a tanking move right there according to haters
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#158 » by Devilanche » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:38 am

I’m keeping only dort and trading Kenrich . I think both help winning too much and I still want tank properly this season .

I think dort should easily clear 15/m per year at his current trajectory (ie still seems like there’s room for improvement not exactly improving at current rate)

He could top out as a 4th option on the team I guess. None of the players you want with the ball in his hand but if he’s free , go on and shoot.
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#159 » by retrobro90 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:29 am

Idk what 3 team scenario would need to happen here but I would love to get assets to take on Tobias Harris' contract. Just went 3-17 tonight and everyone is up in arms about how he needs to be traded but on the season he's been the same efficient creator. Would be a monster upgrade or an outstanding mentor at the 4 for us imo.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#160 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:32 am

Trade deadline soon and I have no idea what we should do (probably because our roster is trash). Also not worth taking a bad contract for a bad pick.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder