And1: 20,006

Re: More Free Agent Talk 

Post#541 » by FNQ » Thu Oct 7, 2021 12:14 am

xdrta+ wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
FNQ wrote:
Everywhere else has it as 4, and Coon is wrong on this one

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/leaftj01.html

This is TJ Leaf. He signed a 2 way contract last year after 3 years of playing in the NBA.

I guess you're right, I'm not sure about Leaf signing for 2 years, though. It's a little confusing. This is how it reads in the CBA,

Article II:

"No Team may sign or convert a player to a Two-Way
Contract if the player has or may have four (4) or more
Years of Service at any point during the Contract.

For example, a player with three (3) Years of Service would not
be eligible to sign a Two-Way Contract with a term of two
(2) years."

EDIT: I think my mistake was not realizing that a Year of Service isn't counted until the year is complete. So a player with 3 years doesn't have 4 years of service until the 4th year is completed. So Khyri Thomas would be eligible,but I don't see how Leaf could sign for two years. Are you sure about that?

My mistake--you didn't say he signed for two years. I'm full of mistakes today.

Its really not laid out clearly anywhere. Hopefully they do away with the service limitations altogether, of the 4 major sports I believe the NBA is the only one that has an age limit still. NFL did away with theirs for COVID and I dont think its ever coming back
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,177

Post#542 » by xdrta+ » Thu Oct 7, 2021 2:23 am

FNQ wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
I guess you're right, I'm not sure about Leaf signing for 2 years, though. It's a little confusing. This is how it reads in the CBA,

Article II:

"No Team may sign or convert a player to a Two-Way
Contract if the player has or may have four (4) or more
Years of Service at any point during the Contract.

For example, a player with three (3) Years of Service would not
be eligible to sign a Two-Way Contract with a term of two
(2) years."

EDIT: I think my mistake was not realizing that a Year of Service isn't counted until the year is complete. So a player with 3 years doesn't have 4 years of service until the 4th year is completed. So Khyri Thomas would be eligible,but I don't see how Leaf could sign for two years. Are you sure about that?

My mistake--you didn't say he signed for two years. I'm full of mistakes today.

Its really not laid out clearly anywhere. Hopefully they do away with the service limitations altogether, of the 4 major sports I believe the NBA is the only one that has an age limit still. NFL did away with theirs for COVID and I dont think its ever coming back

Yeah, I agree with doing away with the limitations. Thanks for the correction, by the way, I learned something. Always a good thing.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Post#543 » by azwfan » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:35 pm

@FNQ Ayayi is available. Lakers released him from 2-way today.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#544 » by FNQ » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:41 pm

azwfan wrote:@FNQ Ayayi is available. Lakers released him from 2-way today.

Oh, I'm aware. I'm the guy outside of Warriors HQ with the sign making sure THEYRE aware
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,793

Post#545 » by cdubbz » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:45 am

Dante Exum got waived. Man I was hoping he would have a solid career at the least. Still has plenty of time, but he's not getting the early looks.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
S-Gorilla86
Freshman
And1: 57

Post#546 » by S-Gorilla86 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:27 am

cdubbz wrote:Dante Exum got waived. Man I was hoping he would have a solid career at the least. Still has plenty of time, but he's not getting the early looks.
I was surprised to see this. He just signed a 3 year deal, although only year 1 was guaranteed. Rockets just gave him $2.5 million not to play for them, which i think says a lot about his play considering their roster.

He's only 26 but this is his 8th year in the league and he just got cut. I'd say his time might actually be running out.

Sent from my LM-V600 using RealGM mobile app
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,793

Post#547 » by cdubbz » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:38 am

S-Gorilla86 wrote:
cdubbz wrote:Dante Exum got waived. Man I was hoping he would have a solid career at the least. Still has plenty of time, but he's not getting the early looks.
I was surprised to see this. He just signed a 3 year deal, although only year 1 was guaranteed. Rockets just gave him $2.5 million not to play for them, which i think says a lot about his play considering their roster.

He's only 26 but this is his 8th year in the league and he just got cut. I'd say his time might actually be running out.

8th year?!?!! Where did time fly. wow.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#548 » by FNQ » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:21 am

cdubbz wrote:
S-Gorilla86 wrote:

8th year?!?!! Where did time fly. wow.

holy ****

I honestly thought he was like 22-23 and near his 4th year... he might actually be on the Livingston timeline for real. Livingston didn't really get a foothold in the league until he was 28, was cut twice at 27 by scrubby teams after a semi small rebirth at 25-26 with CHA and MIL respectively

Would still bring him in. 15th man and he's always been the jack of all trades types, and that's the kind of scrub I want on the team (like Ayayi, JTA)
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,138

Post#549 » by watch1958 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:41 am

At the Olympics, Exum’s body finally looked right. I don’t know anything about his skill level or game, but I would sure kick the tires.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 828

Post#550 » by marthafokker » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:22 pm

Tyrell Terry got cut. Should snag him. I hear Toronto is hot to getting him.

If Toronto wants, then he will look promising.

Does Dubbs even think of getting him?
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
azwfan
RealGM

Post#551 » by azwfan » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:52 pm

marthafokker wrote:Tyrell Terry got cut. Should snag him. I hear Toronto is hot to getting him.

If Toronto wants, then he will look promising.

Does Dubbs even think of getting him?

Sadly I was high on Terry coming out of college. But he hasn't proven to be the shooter I thought he was, and unfortunately is the defender I thought he was. I'd still like to get him and have the new dev staff work their hocus pocus on him, but realistically that would only be with a 2-way spot because if we're carrying a 15th man, that guy needs to be able to contribute at a $10m bill.

So coming here would be for SCW minutes cause we wouldn't be playing him any minutes.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 360

Post#552 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:58 pm

Any interest for Marquese Chriss? He was let go from Portland. Probably will be a non-guaranteed deal, and not sure he'd bite on that one.
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#553 » by xdrta+ » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:41 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:Any interest for Marquese Chriss? He was let go from Portland. Probably will be a non-guaranteed deal, and not sure he'd bite on that one.

Kidding? Chriss would take any sort of deal offered. He's running out of chances.
NeoWarriors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,294

Post#554 » by NeoWarriors » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:01 pm

Read on Twitter

Sent from my Golden State Warriors Protoast Elite toaster using RealGM mobile app
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#555 » by xdrta+ » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:38 pm

NeoWarriors wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sent from my Golden State Warriors Protoast Elite toaster using RealGM mobile app

Good, I'm glad the players aren't running the show.
azwfan
RealGM

Post#556 » by azwfan » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:14 am

xdrta+ wrote:
NeoWarriors wrote:
Read on Twitter

Good, I'm glad the players aren't running the show.

Avery Bradley did not perform well in the preseason except for the end of game 4. He mustve done quite well in practice or pickup games for anyone to think he should be on the roster. What he did 3-4 yrs ago should not out weigh what he showed in the past month or so IMO.

Also this means that apparently Steph and Dray werent fans of GP2 getting that spot? That seems a bit cold.
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#557 » by xdrta+ » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:41 am

It's probably more personal than anything else with Steph and Dray pushing for Bradley, they've known him a long time. The worst way to make personnel decisions. Let the coaches decide what's best for the team, that's their job.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,138

Post#558 » by watch1958 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:19 am

That may be why they cut GP2 at the same time. It keeps the focus on “was Bradley a good fit” instead of youth vs. vet.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
tal57
Junior
And1: 92

Post#559 » by tal57 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:18 am

xdrta+ wrote:It's probably more personal than anything else with Steph and Dray pushing for Bradley, they've known him a long time. The worst way to make personnel decisions. Let the coaches decide what's best for the team, that's their job.

Of course it was personal with GS veterans and the veteran Bradley. And I think he would have stuck had it not buzz sawed into Lacob's extreme losses with the worst possible timing between the COVID and opening of Chase Center.

We saw the staggering cost of the team as is. Which the shrewd guy like Lacob was probably aware of what he was getting into. But I don't think he was sweating that much with the intend of Chase largely making up the difference in operating cost vs. income coming in from other sources (Radio/TV revenue, advertising revenue and so on).

Well, COVID happened in the most inopportune time and wrecked that. Last year Chase was non existent at all and who knows what it will bring in this year with the COVID lingering around. Think about the team's payroll and the cost of building the Chase Center. With the later literally not bringing in a dime vs what it was calculated and intended to bring.

So, If Lacob brings in someone into the 15th spot, that player in reality is much, much higher than that (the current version of Bradley is far from it). He better be in the pecking order of rotational usage and winning contribution. So yes, this is where Lacob is going to draw the red line, Curry / Green or not. And to tell the truth, I don't blame him.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,135

Post#560 » by wco81 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:29 am

15th guy would mostly be sitting on the bench, collecting paychecks, costing Lacob luxury taxes.

I guess if there are a couple of injuries, he will let them sign a body and only need to pay a pro-rated salary.

ETA: And the Lakers just claimed Bradley off waivers.

Return to Golden State Warriors