Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,724

Re: Joel; unchained. 

Post#61 » by Mik317 » Thu Oct 7, 2021 10:34 pm

This thread is hilarious.

Morey sucks because he hasn’t done anything yet
Ben sucks because of various articles that says he said a thing

Neither guy has really done or said anything but those on their side of the fence have already made up their minds so that’s that
#NeverGonnaBeGood
TheBallsDeeper
Starter
And1: 2,114

Post#62 » by TheBallsDeeper » Thu Oct 7, 2021 11:25 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:Yeah obviously an Aussie is not going to be fond of Embiid, we know that, but just so you know, planning to take more triples is much better than planing to take 0 triples like your boy Bum Simmons.
Embiid tries to improve, I understand it's a hard concept to grasp for the Simmons stans, but trying to improve is a thing.

Most Aussies can't stand Simmons, and those that know something about basketball generally rate Embiid super high.

Australian's like their sporting stars humble, team-oriented, and not being all about the cash. It's celebrated in Australia when a player takes a pay cut to stay with a team and is frowned upon when they chase a massive contract over team success.
Simmons, with the way that he acts is considered by most to be an American not an Australian (including most of the Australian team).
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#63 » by Tomjas » Fri Oct 8, 2021 1:51 am

TheBallsDeeper wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:Yeah obviously an Aussie is not going to be fond of Embiid, we know that, but just so you know, planning to take more triples is much better than planing to take 0 triples like your boy Bum Simmons.
Embiid tries to improve, I understand it's a hard concept to grasp for the Simmons stans, but trying to improve is a thing.

Most Aussies can't stand Simmons, and those that know something about basketball generally rate Embiid super high.

Australian's like their sporting stars humble, team-oriented, and not being all about the cash. It's celebrated in Australia when a player takes a pay cut to stay with a team and is frowned upon when they chase a massive contract over team success.
Simmons, with the way that he acts is considered by most to be an American not an Australian (including most of the Australian team).

Most Australians only know what they read in the headlines about Simmons and they are few & far between

It’s the NBA not AFL

Greg Norman was a far bigger deal & even then the overwhelming majority didn’t know that much about him
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#64 » by DCasey91 » Fri Oct 8, 2021 1:57 am

U Wot M9?

GTFO Embiid is a superstar
TheBallsDeeper
Starter

Post#65 » by TheBallsDeeper » Fri Oct 8, 2021 3:38 am

Tomjas wrote:
TheBallsDeeper wrote:

Most Australians only know what they read in the headlines about Simmons and they are few & far between

It’s the NBA not AFL

Greg Norman was a far bigger deal & even then the overwhelming majority didn’t know that much about him

Everyone knew Greg Norman - he was on every second add in the eightles.

Simmons obviously not as well know, but from what I've seen, most of those that know of him think he is a wanker.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant

Post#66 » by Tomjas » Fri Oct 8, 2021 3:47 am

TheBallsDeeper wrote:
Tomjas wrote:
TheBallsDeeper wrote:Most Aussies can't stand Simmons, and those that know something about basketball generally rate Embiid super high.

It’s the NBA not AFL

Simmons obviously not as well know, but from what I've seen, most of those that know of him think he is a wanker.

Ask a golf pro what they think of Norman

He’s been good to the youngsters but as for his contemporaries…

There’s perception and then there’s reality
TheBallsDeeper
Starter

Post#67 » by TheBallsDeeper » Fri Oct 8, 2021 7:37 am

Tomjas wrote:
TheBallsDeeper wrote:
Tomjas wrote:

It’s the NBA not AFL

What has that got to do with anything? Not sure what tangent you've gone off on to try and prove a point - but you've lost me.
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect
And1: 338

Post#68 » by Jhawk03 » Fri Oct 8, 2021 9:20 am

TheBallsDeeper wrote:
Tomjas wrote:
TheBallsDeeper wrote:Everyone knew Greg Norman - he was on every second add in the eightles.

What has that got to do with anything? Not sure what tangent you've gone off on to try and prove a point - but you've lost me.

Hey I don't know where you've been but Tomjas is right, it is what it is
Tomjas
Lead Assistant

Post#69 » by Tomjas » Fri Oct 8, 2021 9:41 am

Jhawk03 wrote:
TheBallsDeeper wrote:
Tomjas wrote:

I had to laugh at his description of what Australians generally look for in their sporting stars

Shane Warne is one of our biggest stars and a massive wanker

Same with Norman

Same with Don Bradman

etc etc

Australians forgive a lot of human frailties in our sporting heroes

Those guys also had far more mainstream coverage in Australia

The only reason why most Australians could pick Simmons out in a lineup is because he’s 6’10” with a hybrid accent
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#70 » by Simmons25 » Sat Oct 9, 2021 1:17 pm

Tomjas wrote:
Jhawk03 wrote:
TheBallsDeeper wrote:What has that got to do with anything? Not sure what tangent you've gone off on to try and prove a point - but you've lost me.

I had to laugh at his description of what Australians generally look for in their sporting stars

Shane Warne is one of our biggest stars and a massive wanker

Same with Norman

Same with Don Bradman

etc etc

Australians forgive a lot of human frailties in our sporting heroes

Those guys also had far more mainstream coverage in Australia

The only reason why most Australians could pick Simmons out in a lineup is because he’s 6’10” with a hybrid accent

Alot of Aussies hate Shane Warne... alot just like they don't like SImmons.

As for Greg Norman.... well damn I'd like to be him for lots of reasons.

rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,692

Post#71 » by rzzzzz » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:58 am

So was that 14 points in the first 8 minutes for the big guy against the Nets? Got to remind myself, it’s just a scrimmage.
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,897

Post#72 » by Wilfried » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:57 am

rzzzzz wrote:So was that 14 points in the first 8 minutes for the big guy against the Nets? Got to remind myself, it’s just a scrimmage.

Why just 8 minutes?
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,982

Post#73 » by eyeatoma » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:42 am

Wilfried wrote:
rzzzzz wrote:So was that 14 points in the first 8 minutes for the big guy against the Nets? Got to remind myself, it’s just a scrimmage.

Why just 8 minutes?

He was dominant and we had a 20 point lead. No need for him to keep playing with it just being pre-season and the rest of the team was humming anyway.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#74 » by DCasey91 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:21 am

Didn’t he manage to fall over in 8mins too? Damn got to teach him how to barrel roll or fall properly or something like that lol
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,982

Post#75 » by eyeatoma » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:33 am

DCasey91 wrote:Didn’t he manage to fall over in 8mins too? Damn got to teach him how to barrel roll or fall properly or something like that lol

It was a controlled fall, he was fine.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,710

Post#76 » by phillynative » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:11 pm

I wonder how Embiid really feels about Ben possibly coming back and if he will embrace him or treat it as business.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,692

Post#77 » by rzzzzz » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:25 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:Didn’t he manage to fall over in 8mins too? Damn got to teach him how to barrel roll or fall properly or something like that lol

It was a controlled fall, he was fine.

I mean he did fly down the lane for that monster dunk, which was spectacular, but the landing wasn’t exactly solid. As much as it must really energize him to slam them like that, I wish he wouldn’t. All it takes is one bad landing, especially when you got guys around him, maybe making contact (I’m looking at you, LeBron!) so I’d just as soon he be a little less spectacular.
jbent87
Veteran
And1: 1,202

Post#78 » by jbent87 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:39 pm

phillynative wrote:I wonder how Embiid really feels about Ben possibly coming back and if he will embrace him or treat it as business.

seems from his quotes so far he's pretty locked into treating it as a business. If things are playing out the way it seems (integrate Ben back into the team, have him play up until a trade is found), I would expect some of the worst body language from Embiid we've ever seen, on the court, while Ben is here. If he's doing the excessive timid passing thing again in big moments I absolutely expect Embiid to call him out for it on the court. Embiid has the backing of the entire city/team, no more over the top fake Mr. Nice Guy act to a guy who's only going to be here for another half a season. It is what it is.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,710

Post#79 » by phillynative » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:25 pm

jbent87 wrote:
phillynative wrote:I wonder how Embiid really feels about Ben possibly coming back and if he will embrace him or treat it as business.

seems from his quotes so far he's pretty locked into treating it as a business. If things are playing out the way it seems (integrate Ben back into the team, have him play up until a trade is found), I would expect some of the worst body language from Embiid we've ever seen, on the court, while Ben is here. If he's doing the excessive timid passing thing again in big moments I absolutely expect Embiid to call him out for it on the court. Embiid has the backing of the entire city/team, no more over the top fake Mr. Nice Guy act to a guy who's only going to be here for another half a season. It is what it is.

I would hope his body language is in tact, wouldn't look good for him as the best player on this team. He cannot allow the Ben drama to sour the team and their hard work.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,810

Post#80 » by mjkvol » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:06 pm

kuclas wrote:
kio80 wrote:Neither Ben or Joel is the one, both lack crucial ingredients to win it all.
Ben ain’t it, Joel ain’t it, it’s not that they don’t compliment each other, they just ain’t that good, Embiid is at best a number 2 option with a superstar scoring guard, Ben is at best 2nd or third option with a superstar scoring guard and stretch bigs.
Smartest move is to trade Embiid now, play with the **** roster and let Ben sit, trade him eventually for better assets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is incorrect. Embiid is the number 1 option until the last 2 minutes of the game. Just like Shaq. Kobe took over at the end. That’s just the way the nba is these days.

The nba is a wing/guard league in the closing stretches of game. Problem for sixers is they don’t even have a true number 2 option. Harris is the third best player on any championship team. Right now we don’t have a third player who can create his own shot in half court consistently

I'm not sure Harris is even that. Harris showed last year that he isn't capable of being 'the man' in the biggest spots - I'm not saying that as a knock, it just is the way it is. He's a great guy and a nice player who is probably best being a primary option on an average or bad team.

We don't have a go-to option in any playoff scenario right now after Embiid. This roster is so dependent on him right now it's scary. As goofy as the 'fake injury, tank season' suggestions might seem at first, they are beginning to make more sense - let the kids show what they have and get a lottery pick, and maybe another by moving Simmons.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin

Return to Philadelphia 76ers