ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Welcome Home Kyrie Thread

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,828

Re: Official Welcome Home Kyrie Thread 

Post#881 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Oct 8, 2021 11:47 pm

Stone wrote:I think its great for us. That gives him a good week with the rest of the guys before the season starts. I hope they turn around the ruling and allow him to play in the Barclays also. But I am not holding my breath.

The practice center is considered a private office building. They are not going to change the Barclay's ruling.

Kyrie can resolve this in 5 minutes, but he doesn't want to.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#882 » by gigantes » Sat Oct 9, 2021 1:07 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:<bump>

So, Kyrie Irving is now allowed to practice with the team at our home facility. Considering how little teams practice on the road, this certainly improves the outlook of integrating our native son back into the team.

How do you feel about this ruling?

I thought NYC's mandate said he couldn't practice with the team...? Anyway, sounds like I'm either wrong, or there's been an update. Well, then... good! :D

But I'm starting to think that a '40% available Kyrie' could actually work out quite well for the team. Here's why:

- Kyrie almost always misses a chunk of the season, so in a way, this wouldn't really be all that different.

- Getting more rest tends to benefit any true competitor, including not getting injured as often.

- The guard rotation gets significantly more rest on the road than otherwise.

- Team culture will hopefully be okay, since his coaches & staff see a guy (who, although troubled in mind) still competes as best he can. Teammates regularly have to do this anyway when it comes to superstars bringing guns in to the locker room, teammates hooked on strip clubs, teammates clearly off their rocker, etc, etc.

Point is-- there's almost always player issues, and every team tends to either let that hammer away at themselves collectively or else make lemonade out of all that. Plus, Kyrie really does seem to be a positive locker room presence, so there's that, too. Like, this isn't some prima donna* superstar who everyone despises behind their back, here.

* "Pre-Madonna" for the Millennials
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#883 » by Prokorov » Sat Oct 9, 2021 2:02 am

This is what I have been getting at the past 2 days.... the urgency that fans have just isnt there for Kyrie and the team. There are processes and appeals and applications and rulings and challenges and court cases. Those need to happen long before any "trade kyrie" or "he needs to get vaccinated or GTFO/but cut/retire" stuff happens.

Everyone and there mom was assuming he wouldnt practice. well, he and or the team found a way to make that happen. No they wont consider barclays a private office, but who knows where the challenges and law suits go. several are suing that it is illegal for the mandate not to have a religious exemption. if they revise then mandate for that, maybe kyrie makes a religious appeal... maybe not.

Point is, there isnt going to be a decision to get vaxxed or not if avenues still exsist that can be explore to not get vaxxed and still play.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#884 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:53 pm

Nets will not allow Kyrie to practice or play on part time basis per ND. Sorry I'm typing it on phone.

I commend Brooklyn and management to make both a brave and delicate call in which I believe was the right one.

On Irving now
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,828

Post#885 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:06 pm

Prokorov wrote:This is what I have been getting at the past 2 days.... the urgency that fans have just isnt there for Kyrie and the team. There are processes and appeals and applications and rulings and challenges and court cases. Those need to happen long before any "trade kyrie" or "he needs to get vaccinated or GTFO/but cut/retire" stuff happens.

Everyone and there mom was assuming he wouldnt practice. well, he and or the team found a way to make that happen. No they wont consider barclays a private office, but who knows where the challenges and law suits go. several are suing that it is illegal for the mandate not to have a religious exemption. if they revise then mandate for that, maybe kyrie makes a religious appeal... maybe not.

Point is, there isnt going to be a decision to get vaxxed or not if avenues still exsist that can be explore to not get vaxxed and still play.

This aged well my man :lol: :(
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,766

Post#886 » by Karate Diop » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:34 pm

As a Nets fan I've come to realize that anything and everything that could go wrong will go wrong for us at some point :lol:
Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#887 » by Sharcm1 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:35 pm

Sean Marks kept repeating something in his press conference about the guys moving forward here. He said it several times in response to various questions. Just that wording made me think Kyrie isn’t moving forward with Brooklyn
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#888 » by Prokorov » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:21 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:This is what I have been getting at the past 2 days.... the urgency that fans have just isnt there for Kyrie and the team. There are processes and appeals and applications and rulings and challenges and court cases. Those need to happen long before any "trade kyrie" or "he needs to get vaccinated or GTFO/but cut/retire" stuff happens.

This aged well my man :lol: :(

it is still 100% true. they arent going to cut him and arent looking to trade him. it makes sense not have him with the team if he isnt going to play. I would still let him practice personally. but i totally get the continuity thing of having him resolve it and being back full time vs. some part time effort.
Dannyboy36
Sixth Man
And1: 850

Post#889 » by Dannyboy36 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:38 am

Karate Diop wrote:As a Nets fan I've come to realize that anything and everything that could go wrong will go wrong for us at some point :lol:

Ah, you guys were commendable even under a lesser talented Kenny Atkinson team. Built a strong identity. Kyrie is the guaranteed disaster. If the Nets can merely keep him away from the team they may have a better chance of winning the title. KD and Harden are that ridiculously great and Kyrie is that destructive.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#890 » by Prokorov » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:51 am

Dannyboy36 wrote:
Karate Diop wrote:As a Nets fan I've come to realize that anything and everything that could go wrong will go wrong for us at some point :lol:

Ah, you guys were commendable even under a lesser talented Kenny Atkinson team. Built a strong identity. Kyrie is the guaranteed disaster. If the Nets can merely keep him away from the team they may have a better chance of winning the title. KD and Harden are that ridiculously great and Kyrie is that destructive.

Thats a tired, disproven narrative. we heard it all last year, but at the end of the Day Kyrie would have helped win us a title, if not for the injury in the playoffs.

The risk with kyrie is and was injury. not some destructive locker room presense (as past and present teammates continue to sing his praises).

Karate Diop is right. the nets are cursed. if we played in 48 of the other 49 states this is a non-issue. We finally got an elite team and legit big 3 and its derailed by a global pandemic and being 1 of 2 states with a mandate.
gigantes
Starter

Post#891 » by gigantes » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:30 am

Prokorov wrote:The risk with kyrie is and was injury. not some destructive locker room presense (as past and present teammates continue to sing his praises).

Karate Diop is right. the nets are cursed. if we played in 48 of the other 49 states this is a non-issue. We finally got an elite team and legit big 3 and its derailed by a global pandemic and being 1 of 2 states with a mandate.

As Khabib would say-- "I am laughing."

So now we're relying on voodoo logic as to why the season isn't working out, really...?
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#892 » by Prokorov » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:37 am

gigantes wrote:
Prokorov wrote:The risk with kyrie is and was injury. not some destructive locker room presense (as past and present teammates continue to sing his praises).

So now we're relying on voodoo logic as to why the season isn't working out, really...?

yes. this been going on for 40 years.

-The Nets drafted Kareen in the ABA, but underbid the Bucks, so he went to them in the NBA instead of us
-Forced to sell doc to the sixers cause the knicks sued us (doc wins title with philly)
-Chris morris shoes/DC's heart condition
-Petro Dies
-We make the finals but run into shaq/kobe 3-peat and tim duncan.
-abdur raheem fails physical, kidd gets microfracture surgery
-Dwill goes from star to backup overnight without injury resulting in us handing celtics top 3 picks
-this nonsense now
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,423

Post#893 » by ecuhus1981 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:48 am

Awww man, young folks don't know how TIIIIIIIIIGHT we were when Shareef failed his physical. He was the missing piece.

Hard luck franchise, for sure. I'm hopeful that this season is the new day. They say it's darkest before dawn...
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#894 » by Prokorov » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:54 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:Awww man, young folks don't know how TIIIIIIIIIGHT we were when Shareef failed his physical. He was the missing piece.

Hard luck franchise, for sure. I'm hopeful that this season is the new day. They say it's darkest before dawn...

Yup. we needed a PF and he was the guy. then tractor trailor also failed a physical
SecondTake
Veteran
And1: 1,493

Post#895 » by SecondTake » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:19 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Some of you guys should be ashamed for making fun of Kyrie when he wanted to be there for the birth of his child.

I wouldn't miss my child being born for Game 7 of the NBA Finals.

Obviously he doesn't want to be on a road trip when its so close to the delivery date.
He's being paid millions of dollars to play a game. That privilege needs to come with a cost. Missing the delivery would be fair exchange.

Sent from my SM-G950W using RealGM mobile app
gigantes
Starter

Post#896 » by gigantes » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:32 am

Prokorov wrote:yes. this been going on for 40 years.

-The Nets drafted Kareen in the ABA, but underbid the Bucks, so he went to them in the NBA instead of us
-Forced to sell doc to the sixers cause the knicks sued us (doc wins title with philly)
-Petro Dies
-Dwill goes from star to backup overnight without injury resulting in us handing celtics top 3 picks
-this nonsense now

Oh wow, all hail... oO

Proky rememberates all that stuff! :D
3ptLion
Freshman
And1: 15

Post#897 » by 3ptLion » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:03 am

Kyrie informs Nets that there is no "team" in "I."
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#898 » by NetsWorld » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:03 pm

Prokorov wrote:
gigantes wrote:

yes. this been going on for 40 years.

-Petro Dies
-this nonsense now

You forgot we had a chance to draft Kobe and he refused to play for us. Imagine we draft Kobe and Shaq goes to NJ instead of LA; there would be some banners up in the rafters already.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#899 » by Prokorov » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:51 pm

SecondTake wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:Some of you guys should be ashamed for making fun of Kyrie when he wanted to be there for the birth of his child.

I wouldn't miss my child being born for Game 7 of the NBA Finals.

Obviously he doesn't want to be on a road trip when its so close to the delivery date.
He's being paid millions of dollars to play a game. That privilege needs to come with a cost. Missing the delivery would be fair exchange.

Sent from my SM-G950W using RealGM mobile app

There is no fair exhange for missing the birth of your child. game 7 is still just a game. Kids are your life and there is no dollar sign you can put on that, you'd have to carry my cold dead body to game 7 before i would have missed my daughters birth.

Also, it isnt just "missing the delivery". Going through labor and delivery for a mother, especially a first time mother is a grueling thing emotionally, mentally, and physically. not having your partner there with you during that makes it evern more difficult. being their for the babys mom is just as important.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#900 » by Prokorov » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:52 pm

gigantes wrote:
Prokorov wrote:yes. this been going on for 40 years.

-Petro Dies
-this nonsense now

Oh wow, all hail... oO

Proky rememberates all that stuff! :D

Thw wounds cut deep, its hard to forget when you have scars

Return to Brooklyn Nets