Kyrie Irving Megathread: [Latest] NETS Will Not Offer Irving $186M Extension

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Will Kyrie play this season?

Yes
48%
No
52%

Total votes: 240

Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,360

Kyrie Irving Megathread: [Latest] NETS Will Not Offer Irving $186M Extension 

Post#1 » by Dominator83 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:28 am

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10014604-woj-kevin-durant-james-harden-to-be-involved-in-deciding-kyrie-irvings-nets-status

One, good Lord is governor a brutal nickname for owner. If I open up or buy a restaurant, am i a restaurant owner or a restaurant governor? If we're gonna make owner a dirty word, atleast go with chairman. That atleast makes more sense definition wise.

So anyway, they're gonna meet with the GM and the chairman to discuss his playing time. If I'm them, I would tell Kyrie he's either all in or all out. With him going back and forth in and out of the lineup all season, that's gonna be brutal for building continuity and a pecking order for plays, shots, feel, etc. Even without him they're a championship contender. Probably would have won it last year without Kyrie if Harden was healthy. Having to constantly adjust then re-adjust their roles on a game to game basis will do more harm than good imo, especially come playoff time.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
JimmyPlopper
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,546

Re: KD and Harden to meet with Nets brass regarding Kyrie 

Post#2 » by JimmyPlopper » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:31 am

Faked our deaths, lit a match
Closed the door, waited for the flash
Greyhound Station, we paid in cash
Miss Lazarus, we’re coming back
SUPERVILLAIN
Analyst
And1: 12,237

Post#3 » by SUPERVILLAIN » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:32 am

Young Stapler wrote:Completely off topic but SUPERVILLAIN got a crazy post/And1 ratio O_O

Just an observation. Carry on :usa:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2135964&p=94616946#p94616946
KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127
Starter
And1: 646

Post#4 » by KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:34 am

Kyrie for Simmons straight up.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,934

Post#5 » by DusterBuster » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:36 am

As good as Kyrie and KD are, I would never want either guy on my team. Every stop they've ever been at, the team is just nothing but drama. Happened in OKC, GSW and now here in BKY, then the same with Kyrie in CLE, BOS and here.

Congrats to the Bucks and their fans... Giannis makes these two look like absolute clowns.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
The High Cyde
Head Coach
And1: 12,193

Post#6 » by The High Cyde » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:38 am

What a **** show
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#7 » by DusterBuster » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:38 am

KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127 wrote:Kyrie for Simmons straight up.

Why would the Sixers want that. As big of a headache as Simmons has been, he still pales in comparison to Kyrie. Maybe is Simmons had stuck to his guns with not playing until there is a trade... maybe the Sixers would have considered it. But now that he's gonna play, why would you want Kyrie when he's barely going to be eligible to play in half the games this season (and the foreseeable future)?
JimmyPlopper
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,546

Post#8 » by JimmyPlopper » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:40 am

Kyrie to the Mavs would be fun. Texas will never allow a vaccine mandate
Faked our deaths, lit a match
Closed the door, waited for the flash
Greyhound Station, we paid in cash
Miss Lazarus, we’re coming back
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,765

Post#9 » by Karate Diop » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:40 am

DusterBuster wrote:

Why would the Sixers want that. As big of a headache as Simmons has been, he still pales in comparison to Kyrie. Maybe is Simmons had stuck to his guns with not playing until there is a trade... maybe the Sixers would have considered it. But now that he's gonna play, why would you want Kyrie when he's barely going to be eligible to play in half the games this season (and the foreseeable future)?

Because a Kyrie that shows up for even half your playoff games is still more playoff games than Simmons will show up for :lol:
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#10 » by DusterBuster » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:44 am

Karate Diop wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:

Because a Kyrie that shows up for even half your playoff games is still more playoff games than Simmons will show up for :lol:

Regardless of what you think of the two players talents, having a player as core to the focal point of your offense as Kyrie only available half the time is insanely detrimental to a teams consistency night in and night out. It's dumb to just gloss over that. The Nets are quite literally the only team who could potentially weather that sort of insanity, and the only reason for that is Harden. Any other team (like Philly) would struggle having the main player running their offense only available for half or less of the games in a season.

But even ignoring all that, Kyrie as already said he would retire if he is traded and unlike Simmons, Kyrie isn't someone I would bet against sticking to his bats*** crazy words. So the question for Philly isn't 1 full season of Simmons vs 1/2 season of Kyrie. It's 1 full season of Simmons and possibly zero games with Kyrie.

EDIT: For anyone about to reply to this, I was not aware of the vaxx regulations in Philly being different of that in NY when I originally made this post, so my point is wrong about how many games Kyrie could play for the Sixers.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 4,881

Post#11 » by JujitsuFlip » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:52 am

I think it would make the most sense if he came off the bench, so not to constantly disrupt the starting 5.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,360

Post#12 » by Dominator83 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:53 am

JimmyPlopper wrote:Kyrie to the Mavs would be fun. Texas will never allow a vaccine mandate

Kyrie for Porzingis. Who says no?
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 42,990

Post#13 » by DaGawd » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:53 am

Man if these dudes were on the Knicks the amount of bashing would’ve been what it already is x100.. we dodged a bullet even tho I do wish we had KD
BaF
Washington Wizards
danvato
Rookie
And1: 1,040

Post#14 » by danvato » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:58 am

DaGawd wrote:Man if these dudes were on the Knicks the amount of bashing would’ve been what it already is x100.. we dodged a bullet even tho I do wish we had KD

You must have your head in the stand cause all I see is non stop bashing from everywhere (deservedly so). Idk what x100 came out of your ass.
Ben-N1ce
RealGM
And1: 18,936

Post#15 » by Ben-N1ce » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:58 am

The meeting is basically. " KD what do you want us to do "
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#16 » by DusterBuster » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:58 am

Dominater wrote:
JimmyPlopper wrote:Kyrie to the Mavs would be fun. Texas will never allow a vaccine mandate

Kyrie for Porzingis. Who says no?

KD (probably).
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#17 » by DusterBuster » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:59 am

Ben-N1ce wrote:The meeting is basically literally. " KD what do you want us to do "

FTFY.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 42,990

Post#18 » by DaGawd » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:59 am

danvato wrote:
DaGawd wrote:Man if these dudes were on the Knicks the amount of bashing would’ve been what it already is x100.. we dodged a bullet even tho I do wish we had KD

You must have your head in the stand cause all I see is non stop bashing from everywhere (deservedly so). Idk what x100 came out of your ass.

You sound upset
BaF
Washington Wizards
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,629

Post#19 » by Pointgod » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:00 am

The US really needs to do something to crack down on rampant misinformation. Kyrie is about to blow up his whole career and a chance at a basketball dynasty because of conspiracies and not understanding science….
This is not how rationale human beings think. If Kyrie wanted to I’m sure the NBA and Nets would have Fauci call him personally to answer all his questions. If it’s gotten to the point where your teammates have to go to chairman and governor because you’re a dip ****, then it’s getting ridiculous.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#20 » by DusterBuster » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:02 am

Ben-N1ce wrote:The meeting is basically. " KD what do you want us to do "

KD really doesn't deserve the LeBron treatment by front offices like the Nets give him. LeBron proved he can carry multiple teams to rings. KD road the Warriors coattails for 3 seasons and has yet to prove he can carry a team to a ring on his own. Those two resumes are not equal to where they should be given the same amount of respect imo.

Return to The General Board