Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions 

Post#1741 » by Badgerlander » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:14 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:I want Waters to make the team. I like what he potentially brings more than Bryant.

+1

We’ve had plenty of Bryant’s here over the years. They don’t get any better. This Waters kid though could break through. Want to find out if he can.

We’ve also had Frank Mason, Tim Frazier, Isaiah Canaan, Munford, Payton, Ennis, Gutierrez, Ish, Boykins…
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Post#1742 » by emunney » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:59 am

Read on Twitter

Herd is off to a great start.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#1743 » by LuessiT » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:22 pm

Badgerlander wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:I want Waters to make the team. I like what he potentially brings more than Bryant.

+1

We’ve had plenty of Bryant’s here over the years. They don’t get any better. This Waters kid though could break through. Want to find out if he can.

We’ve also had Frank Mason, Tim Frazier, Isaiah Canaan, Munford, Payton, Ennis, Gutierrez, Ish, Boykins…

Yeah, give me the 6'5 guard who has a solid pedigree over in Europe over the 6'0 (If we're being generous) one that hasn't.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,560

Post#1744 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:24 pm

Badgerlander wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

+1

Yeah small PGs are super fun, but unusable come playoff time. I will give Waters credit for playing bigger than he is.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,560

Post#1745 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:55 pm

Badgerlander wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

+1

We’ve also had Frank Mason, Tim Frazier, Isaiah Canaan, Munford, Payton, Ennis, Gutierrez, Ish, Boykins

Absolute blasphemy to include 2007 Earl with these bums.

:wavefinger:
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,898

Post#1746 » by buckboy » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:28 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:Have to think another team ends up cutting a better player than Bryant, etc. Wonder if we could get Frank Jackson for a 2nd

I think Bryant is better than Frank Jackson.

Agree. I also don't think we should be wasting 2nds on guys like Frank Jackson. Those 2nds are pretty damn valuable to teams like us.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#1747 » by crkone » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:28 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
+1

We’ve also had Frank Mason, Tim Frazier, Isaiah Canaan, Munford, Payton, Ennis, Gutierrez, Ish, Boykins

Absolute blasphemy to include 2007 Earl with these bums.

:wavefinger:

He's talking about 2010 Boykins 8-)

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#1748 » by raferfenix » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:56 pm

I have high hopes for small ball lineups.

Giannis seemed like he turned a corner playing more deliberately in the post during the finals in particular.

There's no need for him to push his body too hard during the regular season of course. However there are plenty of teams with 5's (especially backup 5's) who he could eat up without too much trouble.

That and as Giannis gets older I'm expecting he'll have a KG-like trajectory where he plays more and more center. I figure that'll come in tandem with BroLo being phased out as he ages and Portis (hopefully) becoming a long term front court partner. Bobby isn't as imposing in the paint but is a better shooter and more athletic, though is plenty big enough where idk if anyone would call that tandem any sort of small ball.

Read on Twitter
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,902

Post#1749 » by theFireBlanket » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:14 pm

Read on Twitter

See #3 , Grayson & Ekpe opposite Jemerrio.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,229

Post#1750 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:44 am

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#1751 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:54 am

Donte is a much better defender and passer than Grayson. The problems are that Donte can't finish at the rim, has a streaky and not great looking three ball and also has the Clay Matthews tight hamstrings situation.

Meanwhile Grayson is a lot lazier on D, nor can he cover the passing lanes like Donte, despite Allen's combine quickness. But Allen seems to be able to finish at the rim and most importantly has a sweet three point stroke that he quickly gets off.

The great part is that if Donte can get healthy and return by say Christmas, we'd have both of them to work with, and that depth would be amazing.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,883

Post#1752 » by RiotPunch » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:58 am

Rumor is George Hill is not vaxxed? If he takes center stage as a distraction again...
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,631

Post#1753 » by StickeeFingaz » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:00 am

RiotPunch wrote:Rumor is George Hill is not vaxxed? If he takes center stage as a distraction again...

Would this surprise anyone? I know he didn't play when we went to Brooklyn. Was that the game that he was out with an "illness"? Could have been that he can't show up at Barclays because he's not vaccinated.
#FreeChuckDiesel
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#1754 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:04 am

RiotPunch wrote:Rumor is George Hill is not vaxxed? If he takes center stage as a distraction again...

That's fine. If he were going to be a distraction, they'd have not spent the $4 million to sign him. If we are depending on Hill for more than some regular season "bring the ball up the court" minutes eating, we're going to be in trouble.

More concerned on whether Donte can return or not. He'd be a massive boost to the lineup.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,631

Post#1755 » by StickeeFingaz » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:04 am

StickeeFingaz wrote:

Would this surprise anyone? I know he didn't play when we went to Brooklyn. Was that the game that he was out with an "illness"? Could have been that he can't show up at Barclays because he's not vaccinated.

Here's the Bucks tweet about injuries for the preseason game in Brooklyn. I checked the box score and George didn't play but he also wasn't listed in this tweet...

Read on Twitter
#FreeChuckDiesel
ClassicJack
Lead Assistant
And1: 965

Post#1756 » by ClassicJack » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:26 am

What does it matter if he's not vaxxed? I don't mean that in the "grand scheme of things" kinda way but just from a basketball/team perspective? Unless there's a Milwaukee mandate I haven't heard about, I see no reason why it would be a distraction.
F*** Marc Davis, f*** Tim Donaghy and f*** David Stern as a staff, record label and as a mothaf**kin crew......and if you wanna be down with Stern then F*** YOU TOO!!! Stu Jackson f*** you too.....all you mothaf**kas F*** YOU TOO!!!!
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,593

Post#1757 » by TroyD92 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:32 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Donte is a much better defender and passer than Grayson. The problems are that Donte can't finish at the rim, has a streaky and not great looking three ball and also has the Clay Matthews tight hamstrings situation.

Meanwhile Grayson is a lot lazier on D, nor can he cover the passing lanes like Donte, despite Allen's combine quickness. But Allen seems to be able to finish at the rim and most importantly has a sweet three point stroke that he quickly gets off.

The great part is that if Donte can get healthy and return by say Christmas, we'd have both of them to work with, and that depth would be amazing.

Donte might be a better passer, but can he create like Grayson can? I'd say Grayson looks like the superior ball handler
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,484

Post#1758 » by Milbucks96 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:48 am

It’s disappointing that the whole team isn’t vaxxed. It’s just as disappointing that people are talking about Hill as if it’s confirmed he’s the one or only one who isn’t(He seems like someone who would be against it, but again nothings been confirmed). Him or whoever not being vaccinated will most likely not cause any distraction because they will be able to play in any arena in the league.
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#1759 » by RiotPunch » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:37 am

Milbucks96 wrote:It’s disappointing that the whole team isn’t vaxxed. It’s just as disappointing that people are talking about Hill as if it’s confirmed he’s the one or only one who isn’t(He seems like someone who would be against it, but again nothings been confirmed). Him or whoever not being vaccinated will most likely not cause any distractionbecause they will be able to play in any arena in the league.

ETA: I misunderstood the rule, it seems. I thought unvaccinated players would not be permitted to play in cities with mandates. Apparently that does not apply to road teams in those cities? My bad.
#FreeChuckDiesel
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#1760 » by RiotPunch » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:02 am

ClassicJack wrote:

What does it matter if he's not vaxxed? I don't mean that in the "grand scheme of things" kinda way but just from a basketball/team perspective? Unless there's a Milwaukee mandate I haven't heard about, I see no reason why it would be a distraction.

Thought NYC and SF mandates also applied to opposing teams, my fault.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Milwaukee Bucks