Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Official Welcome Home Kyrie Thread 

Post#902 » by Prokorov » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:55 pm

KD35Netted wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
gigantes wrote:As Khabib would say-- "I am laughing."

So now we're relying on voodoo logic as to why the season isn't working out, really...?

yes. this been going on for 40 years.

-The Nets drafted Kareen in the ABA, but underbid the Bucks, so he went to them in the NBA instead of us
-Forced to sell doc to the sixers cause the knicks sued us (doc wins title with philly)
-Chris morris shoes/DC's heart condition
-Petro Dies
-We make the finals but run into shaq/kobe 3-peat and tim duncan.
-abdur raheem fails physical, kidd gets microfracture surgery
-Dwill goes from star to backup overnight without injury resulting in us handing celtics top 3 picks
-this nonsense now

You forgot we had a chance to draft Kobe and he refused to play for us. Imagine we draft Kobe and Shaq goes to NJ instead of LA; there would be some banners up in the rafters already.

Yeah, although i think that is less luck and more kobe wasnt playing for anyone but LA. and it isnt like Kobe was a top 3 pick. but yeah add it to the list... while were talking draft Ed O'Bannon looked as cant miss as possible and sucked balls
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#903 » by TheNetsFan » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:30 pm

Prokorov wrote:
KD35Netted wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
yes. this been going on for 40 years.

-The Nets drafted Kareen in the ABA, but underbid the Bucks, so he went to them in the NBA instead of us
-Forced to sell doc to the sixers cause the knicks sued us (doc wins title with philly)
-Petro Dies
-Dwill goes from star to backup overnight without injury resulting in us handing celtics top 3 picks
-this nonsense now

You forgot we had a chance to draft Kobe and he refused to play for us. Imagine we draft Kobe and Shaq goes to NJ instead of LA; there would be some banners up in the rafters already.

Yeah, although i think that is less luck and more kobe wasnt playing for anyone but LA. and it isnt like Kobe was a top 3 pick. but yeah add it to the list... while were talking draft Ed O'Bannon looked as cant miss as possible and sucked balls

+
Whoop-de-damn-doo
Kenny Anderson's broken wrist
All-Alone 33
Coach Roboto
Migraines
#6 for an oft-injured, off the bench player (Crash) in a "3 player draft" to keep DWill happy (With #6 Portland drafts a guard out of Weber State known as Damian Lillard)
Subsequent overpayment of Crash to again keep DWill happy
Lionel Hollins
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#904 » by gigantes » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:38 pm

"It’s a stance that Irving has explained to close teammates," writes Charania. "To him, this is about a grander fight than the one on the court and Irving is challenging a perceived control of society and people’s livelihood, according to sources with knowledge of Irving’s mindset. It is a decision that he believes he is capable to make given his current life dynamics."

Okay then, I must respectfully withdraw whatever compliments I've ever given Don Quixote Kyrie Irving.

This guy really is a unique, blazing idiot who insists on thrusting his ignorance to the fore, all the while slapping himself on the back, while collecting a multi-millionaire salary for doing... absolutely nothing.

Way to go, 'Brooklynite Kyrie.'
Way to spew empty words, break your contract, and insult the fanbase you're allegedly playing for.
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,839

Post#905 » by Karate Diop » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:55 pm

gigantes wrote:
Prokorov wrote:yes. this been going on for 40 years.

-Petro Dies
-this nonsense now

Oh wow, all hail... oO

Proky rememberates all that stuff! :D

The Dr. J fiasco set the Nets back decades... I don't recall all the details but from what I remember after the ABA and NBA had agreed to merge the Knicks pulled a last minute move to get the NBA to get the Nets to pay them $3 million or so if they wanted to join the merged league as they claimed the Nets were infringing on their territorial rights... Having already paid $3M to the NBA as a sort of entry fee and with no ABA to return to the Nets were forced to engage in legal hell (where they likely would have lost), sell Dr. J or fold...
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#906 » by Prokorov » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:53 pm

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#907 » by ecuhus1981 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:28 pm

<bump>

I'm not in Twitter, so someone please substantiate or disprove this piece of information for me.

I just heard on a podcast that Irving's verified account was liking tweets about Golden State beating Brooklyn, and about Steph being better than Kevin. Is this true?
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#908 » by CalamityX12 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:03 pm

This guy is never coming back to ball.

Who knows if he even is keeping in good condition
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,467

Post#909 » by Stone » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:19 pm

Prediction..........HWSNBN will return after the all-star break....... 8-)
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#910 » by ecuhus1981 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:27 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:This guy is never coming back to ball.

Who knows if he even is keeping in good condition

Hey, I've heard that touch football, which he's been doing in *possible* breach of contract, is a heckuva Cardio workout! :wink: :lol: :cry: :oops: :nonono: :crazy: :banghead:
-- Steve Martin
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#911 » by ecuhus1981 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:45 pm

Stone wrote:Prediction..........HWSNBN will return after the all-star break....... 8-)

From your fingertips to God's ear, I hope for that.

My concern is that HWSNBN's absence has gone from conscientious vaccine objection, to bad faith pouting. Some of his recent activities (touch football, visiting Seton Hall on our game night, taking vague shots at the front office through social media) seem like bad blood. I don't know if we can reconcile that even if he gets vaccinated.

I can't understand what his endgame is here. Does he love Brooklyn, as he professes? Does he love his brother Kevin? Does he love basketball? What about making $35mil for playing instead of the $17mil he earns for sitting at home? Does he give two flips about the $240mil he could make in a maximum extension next summer???

If not, fine. Just ease off the ayahuasca for 2 seconds so other teams are willing to trade for you, I'm sure Sean would accommodate a deal that would benefit all parties. As it stands, he's not helping himself, and he's actively hurting all of the people he claims to love. I'm getting bigtime Joker, chaos agent vibes.

-- Steve Martin
gigantes
Starter

Post#912 » by gigantes » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:12 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:I can't understand what his endgame is here. Does he love Brooklyn, as he professes? Does he love his brother Kevin? Does he love basketball? What about making $35mil for playing instead of the $17mil he earns for sitting at home? Does he give two flips about the $240mil he could make in a maximum extension next summer???

I fear this is a classic situation in which trying to understand other peoples' internal thinking using rational thought can be a fruitless fool's errand, at times.

For example, just look at all the wackadoodles refusing vaccines and then getting torn apart by CV19, or simply losing their lives (often devastating the lives of their families). I.e, they had every chance to use rudimentary rational thought, facts, science, logic, and plenty of experts to guide their opinions, and yet...

I'm actually a fan of Kyrie for questioning our cultural assumptions and striving to look at things from new perspectives, but at the same time, he comes off incredibly arrogantly and narcissistic about it all. I mean it's one thing to be a student on that path, and that's great, but he also seems to confuse himself for a guru, when there are plenty of people vastly more insightful, experienced and knowledgeable than he is.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to get at is that I doubt Kyrie's deliberately trying to use rational thought to navigate this situation, probably because he's always sounded like a complete novice at that kind of thing. I think in his mind he's just 'navigating his life's path' and 'staying true to his insecurities' (which he'll obviously never admit), and that 'the cosmos will ensure that everything turns out alright.'

Sure it will, Kyrie, but it just might not be in the way you expect.

So if I was Marks, I would appoint one of my lieutenants to hire and/or consult with a team of sports shrinks, other psychologists, and anyone else useful (even one or more of Kyrie's friends and family?) to brainstorm what to do in this case. Surely there's some kind of lever in his mind that might be induced to change position, thereby allowing him to see the situation with a different view. Because not unlike last season, if Kyrie's actually able to get the course of vaccines and get back playing, then most of this business will be forgotten by playoff time, and we can move on with re-signing him or doing whatever needs to be done.

Marks and Tsai publicly sound like they're being very patient, which is probably the right thing to do, but they have a lot tied up in this guy, and I'd be disappointed if they aren't getting after this issue pretty hard behind closed doors.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#913 » by Prokorov » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:21 am

Clara Wu Tsai had good things to say about Kyrie in a preview of michael gradys exclusive with the co-owner of the Nets:

Read on Twitter
gigantes
Starter

Post#914 » by gigantes » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:14 pm

Riff, riff, riff away, gently down the stream...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2139777&p=94940343#p94940271
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#915 » by Prokorov » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:02 pm

gigantes wrote:Riff, riff, riff away, gently down the stream...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2139777&p=94940343#p94940271

Racist celtics dogtrash fans will never give in... no matter how clear it is
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#916 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Dec 2, 2021 5:12 am

Just saw a pi. Of Kyrie at another Seton hall game.

Question, has he been at a Nets game at all?
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#917 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Dec 2, 2021 5:32 am

CalamityX12 wrote:Just saw a pi. Of Kyrie at another Seton hall game.

In fairness, He Who Shall Not Be Named cannot come to our games, that's part of the mandate. Seton Hall is not in the state, so it is not subject to the mandate.
-- Steve Martin
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,855

Post#918 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Dec 2, 2021 12:16 pm

Seton Hall is probably right down the street from where he lives
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#919 » by Prokorov » Thu Dec 2, 2021 2:31 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

Seton Hall is probably right down the street from where he lives

yeah i think he has a house in south orange, and is close with dudes on the team. its probably a good thing that he is staying connected to the game in other ways.
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,504

Post#920 » by HardenGoat » Thu Dec 2, 2021 2:35 pm

Every time I see this thread pop back up my heart skips a beat ...

Return to Brooklyn Nets