ImageImage

OT: TV and Movies

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,987

Re: OT: TV and Movies 

Post#341 » by midranger » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:14 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:I just finished the fifth episode of Midnight Mass and it's incredible. Hamish Linklater's performance and arc are compelling. Matt Saracen, I mean Zach Gilford plays the addict seeking peace and redemption really well. I'm praying the ending is as satisfying as the series has been.

Anyone else watching/watched it?

I watched it. Not sure how satisfying you’ll find the ending, but it was a show you couldn’t look away from for sure.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,755

Post#342 » by Prez » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:28 pm

Late to this show but finally started Mr. Robot, just finished episode 3 and it’s fantastic. Was looking for something really well written/acted, pretty dark, and instantly interesting and it checked off all the boxes. Hoping the quality stays consistent because they’ve set up some super intriguing storylines and characters just a couple episodes in, even side characters like Tyrell
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#343 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:35 pm

Prez wrote:Late to this show but finally started Mr. Robot, just finished episode 3 and it’s fantastic. Was looking for something really well written/acted, pretty dark, and instantly interesting and it checked off all the boxes. Hoping the quality stays consistent because they’ve set up some super intriguing storylines and characters just a couple episodes in, even side characters like Tyrell
Warning, season 2 is a bit incoherent and I almost stopped watching. It steadies itself in later seasons and the final season is great. Enjoy, fun weird and well done series.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,173

Post#344 » by Iheartfootball » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:47 pm

midranger wrote:
Iheartfootball wrote:I just finished the fifth episode of Midnight Mass and it's incredible. Hamish Linklater's performance and arc are compelling. Matt Saracen, I mean Zach Gilford plays the addict seeking peace and redemption really well. I'm praying the ending is as satisfying as the series has been.

I watched it. Not sure how satisfying you’ll find the ending, but it was a show you couldn’t look away from for sure.

Spoiler:
I'm going to start episode 6 tonight but my hunch is that somehow it's going to end with Katie Segel's character locked in an asylum or dead. I'm assuming it's not a "happy" ending based on what I've seen so far.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,599

Post#345 » by emunney » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:57 pm

Love PEN15 on Hulu.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
MoreTrife
Head Coach
And1: 2,359

Post#346 » by MoreTrife » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:53 pm

emunney wrote:Love PEN15 on Hulu.

Yeah, super well done, I love how uninhibited they are playing middle school kids. I forget they are adults all the time. Hits the nostalgia zone nicely.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,922

Post#347 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:49 pm

Read on Twitter

:rofl:
emunney
RealGM

Post#348 » by emunney » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:00 pm

Prez wrote:Late to this show but finally started Mr. Robot, just finished episode 3 and it’s fantastic. Was looking for something really well written/acted, pretty dark, and instantly interesting and it checked off all the boxes. Hoping the quality stays consistent because they’ve set up some super intriguing storylines and characters just a couple episodes in, even side characters like Tyrell

I liked the first season but was annoyed by how it ended and stopped watching when the 2nd season was panned. Well-made but really straddles the line between homage and theft.
emunney
RealGM

Post#349 » by emunney » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:11 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

:rofl:

Really scraping the bottom of the time barrel.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,636

Post#350 » by machu46 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:12 pm

One of my favorite shows ever. Agreed with most of what Weekapaug said. Really fun ride; I'm jealous you're experiencing it for the first time.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant

Post#351 » by Iheartfootball » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:14 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:
midranger wrote:

Spoiler:
I'm going to start episode 6 tonight but my hunch is that somehow it's going to end with Katie Segel's character locked in an asylum or dead. I'm assuming it's not a "happy" ending based on what I've seen so far.

Spoiler:
Welp, I was waaaay off. I was slightly underwhelmed by the series finale but I think the choices they made tied everything together poetically.

I loved the juxtaposition of science vs. magical/religious/dogmatic thinking.

Seeing the vampire/angel/whatever that was through the lens of our political/economic/religious systems was fascinating. The sheep mentality of the congregation, only a few realized too late that they had been duped.

Them burning the island and dying as a result of their fanatical thinking and fear. Leaving two children on a rowboat in the middle of the ocean, in the middle of nowhere without anything sounds about as right a metaphor for what we are doing to ourselves and the planet as you can get.

There is so much more and the show gave me plenty to chew on, which is all I ask for these days.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#352 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:27 pm

It's a huge bummer that Injustice: Gods Among Us is apparently terrible.
midranger
RealGM

Post#353 » by midranger » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:53 am

Iheartfootball wrote:
Iheartfootball wrote:
midranger wrote:I watched it. Not sure how satisfying you’ll find the ending, but it was a show you couldn’t look away from for sure.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Welp, I was waaaay off. I was slightly underwhelmed by the series finale but I think the choices they made tied everything together poetically.

Seeing the vampire/angel/whatever that was through the lens of our political/economic/religious systems was fascinating. The sheep mentality of the congregation, only a few realized too late that they had been duped.

Them burning the island and dying as a result of their fanatical thinking and fear. Leaving two children on a rowboat in the middle of the ocean, in the middle of nowhere without anything sounds about as right a metaphor for what we are doing to ourselves and the planet as you can get.

There is so much more and the show gave me plenty to chew on, which is all I ask for these days.

Spoiler:
Feels like it could be an allegory for a lot of the current **** storm in the world. I guess, based on your own perspective you could fit the narrative to be a comment on just about anything. I think my May takeaway was fanaticism is bad no matter what the cause.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant

Post#354 » by Iheartfootball » Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:59 am

midranger wrote:
Iheartfootball wrote:
Iheartfootball wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Feels like it could be an allegory for a lot of the current **** storm in the world. I guess, based on your own perspective you could fit the narrative to be a comment on just about anything. I think my May takeaway was fanaticism is bad no matter what the cause.

Oh yeah, that too for sure. That show was like an onion.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,424

Post#355 » by Matches Malone » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:51 pm

Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#356 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:04 am

ReasonablySober wrote:It's a huge bummer that Injustice: Gods Among Us is apparently terrible.

Watched it. It's worse than I imagined. I'm so bummed at all the terrible choices that were made.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,830

Post#357 » by Plossum » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:32 pm

Matches Malone wrote:

How is it when half his face is exposed that you're unloading your machine gun into his bullet-proof body armour?

I hope this is good but DC just hasn't translated into many good movies yet. Nolan's Batmans are legendary but beyond that it's slim pickings.
#LockUpChuck
midranger
RealGM

Post#358 » by midranger » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:18 pm

Plossum wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:

How is it when half his face is exposed that you're unloading your machine gun into his bullet-proof body armour?

I hope this is good but DC just hasn't translated into many good movies yet. Nolan's Batmans are legendary but beyond that it's slim pickings.

Visuals look great in that movie. It’ll probably suck though.

New guy looks like when Adam Scott bought a Batman suit in Parks and Rec during Treat yo’ self
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,424

Post#359 » by Matches Malone » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:53 pm

midranger wrote:
Plossum wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:

Visuals look great in that movie. It’ll probably suck though.

New guy looks like when Adam Scott bought a Batman suit in Parks and Rec during Treat yo’ self

Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#360 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:05 pm

Pattinson looks like an early 00's emo kid Bruce Wayne. That's certainly uh, a decision.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks