Houston Rockets HAVE DONE IT AGAIN!

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Will Houston Rockets produce another title contender within next 4 years?

Yes, I like their young talent and how they rebuilt their team
38%
No, their talent is overrated and are going to be terrible for next 3 years
62%

Total votes: 66

EliteSmarts
Pro Prospect
And1: 969

Houston Rockets HAVE DONE IT AGAIN! 

Post#1 » by EliteSmarts » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:17 pm

90s was Hakeem, Horry, Maxwell Kenny Smith & Clyde Drexler
00s was McGrady, Yao, Battier, Rafer Alston & Luis Scola
2010s was Harden, Howard, Ariza,Paul, PJ Tucker, Eric Gordon

Rockets, underrated top tier organization has found their next generation of Contenders
Green, Wood, Porter Jr, Senguin, (2022 Top 5 Pick)

I love their draft this year. I think Jalen Green is going to be top 10 player in the league. He's Vince Carter 2.0
Senguin was steal of draft, going to be great offensive talent in the league.

Usman Garuba is a fantastic versatile defender. If he can develop a jumper, that's PJ Tucker 2.0

Wood was very good last year and looks like Porter Jr has turned the corner, 50 points and 11 ast game shows great promise!

Rockets know how to transition from Contender to next generation of Contender and this will be the latest example

I like Stephen Silas as head coach. He had 20 years of experience in the NBA prior to getting the job. He might not be the long term answer but I think he's great for the development of the team. Similiar to how Brett Brown for 76ers and Mark Jackson for Warriors

Rafael Stone in his first year has done a fantastic job. Good signings and fantastic draft, he's looking like up coming star GM!

Getting Kevin Porter Jr for protected 2nd round pick could turn out to be one of biggest heists in past 10 years!

Houston Rockets are building their next generation of Title Contenders and I'm so excited to follow their progress!

Houston Rockets fans be excited y'all!
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,685

Re: Houston Rockets HAVE DONE IT AGAIN! 

Post#2 » by stormi » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:20 pm

One shortened pandemic seasons worth of suffer was all it took for the Rockets to transition from elite generational franchise pillar superstar James Harden to another young dynamic guard in Jalen Green with all world potential.

Fans are super lucky.
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,143

Post#3 » by Edrees » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:21 pm

They have done a good job of rebuilding without ever having to tank long term. But it still reminds to be seen if that's true this time. They had 1 tank year but we'll see how this year goes.
Shock Defeat
General Manager
And1: 16,941

Post#4 » by Shock Defeat » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:23 pm

OP never mentioned that the Nets are more likely to implode. Kyrie is a goofball and might leave the team. All it takes is one KD injury and the Nets big 3 are all gone. Rockets own all their draft picks.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#5 » by DCasey91 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:24 pm

EliteSmarts wrote:90s was Hakeem, Horry, Maxwell Kenny Smith & Clyde Drexler
00s was McGrady, Yao, Battier, Rafer Alston & Luis Scola
2010s was Harden, Howard, Ariza,Paul, PJ Tucker, Eric Gordon

Rockets, underrated top tier organization has found their next generation of Contenders
Green, Wood, Porter Jr, Senguin, (2022 Top 5 Pick)

I love their draft this year. I think Jalen Green is going to be top 10 player in the league. He's Vince Carter 2.0
Senguin was steal of draft, going to be great offensive talent in the league.

Usman Garuba is a fantastic versatile defender. If he can develop a jumper, that's PJ Tucker 2.0

Wood was very good last year and looks like Porter Jr has turned the corner, 50 points and 11 ast game shows great promise!

Rockets know how to transition from Contender to next generation of Contender and this will be the latest example

I like Stephen Silas as head coach. He had 20 years of experience in the NBA prior to getting the job. He might not be the long term answer but I think he's great for the development of the team. Similiar to how Brett Brown for 76ers and Mark Jackson for Warriors

Rafael Stone in his first year has done a fantastic job. Good signings and fantastic draft, he's looking like up coming star GM!

Getting Kevin Porter Jr for protected 2nd round pick could turn out to be one of biggest heists in past 10 years!

Houston Rockets are building their next generation of Title Contenders and I'm so excited to follow their progress!

Houston Rockets fans be excited y'all!

Wait and see Rockets GM killed it though (Love Green but Mobley is the distinct top talent in the draft). Built a starting squad in one draft lol

Also don’t sleep on Josh Christopher at all
EliteSmarts
Pro Prospect

Post#6 » by EliteSmarts » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:25 pm

stormi wrote:One shortened pandemic seasons worth of suffer was all it took for the Rockets to transition from elite generational franchise pillar superstar James Harden to another young dynamic guard in Jalen Green with all world potential.

Fans are super lucky.

Rebuild was quick but shouldn't be surprising. Rockets have been one of best organizations in NBA! Historically I say top 5. They find star talent and properly build around the star talent.
Bornstellar
Head Coach
And1: 17,297

Post#7 » by Bornstellar » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:25 pm

Jesus Christ can they play 1 regular season game before we start with this nonsense?
EliteSmarts
Pro Prospect

Post#8 » by EliteSmarts » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:26 pm

Shock Defeat wrote:OP never mentioned that the Nets are more likely to implode. Kyrie is a goofball and might leave the team. All it takes is one KD injury and the Nets big 3 are all gone. Rockets own all their draft picks.

That's great point as well!
EliteSmarts
Pro Prospect

Post#9 » by EliteSmarts » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:27 pm

Bornstellar wrote:Jesus Christ can they play 1 regular season game before we start with this nonsense?

Nope! I'm starting the hype train early!
nanokooshball
Sophomore
And1: 257

Post#10 » by nanokooshball » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:28 pm

Should have gotten Caris Lavert instead of Oladipo in the trade..... I don't understand why....
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,833

Post#11 » by nikster » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:30 pm

Way too early for this. I love Greens potential but we actually have to see him play, that goes for the other young picks. Wood is only signed for 2 more years so he could be gone well before any of these young guys develop into impact players.

This is the same organization that has a cost cutting owner who was part of the reason their most recent contender was blown up
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,077

Post#12 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:31 pm

Getting super lucky in the lottery has a lot to do with it. Green looks great. Too early for a lot of the others.
_qubik
Starter
And1: 1,336

Post#13 » by _qubik » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:40 pm

both options are very drastical, though they are a great franchise, and collected a great bunch of talent in a small time span, they will be bad until those guys develop, but then they will probably be a very good team, dont know with a top contender, title favorite kind of team, but those young guys are very promising, great to see
illuminati666
Analyst
And1: 4,561

Post#14 » by illuminati666 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:48 pm

I voted yes but idk about the 4 years part. Maybe a bit longer than that. But Houston does a great job of putting together talent, its a big city and can draw FAs (plus no state tax). I like Silas, Jalen Green is a stud, looking like a #1 pick. They're on the right track but still a ways to go so a little early for this discussion.
canz55
Sixth Man
And1: 2,024

Post#15 » by canz55 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:08 am

Green was irrelevant against my Raptors who were defending with length - but again; it was preseason.

Sent from my SM-G998W using RealGM mobile app
ImageWe the Champs...
ocelot17
Starter
And1: 3,829

Post#16 » by ocelot17 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:12 am

Shock Defeat wrote:OP never mentioned that the Nets are more likely to implode. Kyrie is a goofball and might leave the team. All it takes is one KD injury and the Nets big 3 are all gone. Rockets own all their draft picks.

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21
DaPessimist
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,501

Post#17 » by DaPessimist » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:13 am

Young teams don't win in the NBA. This Rockets team, regardless of talent, will be at the bottom of the Western Conference for years to come.
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,836

Post#18 » by Karate Diop » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:14 am

Eh... They still project to be awful for the foreseeable future. They'll be a bottom 10 team this year for sure.
GrindCityHustle
Starter
And1: 2,314

Post#19 » by GrindCityHustle » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:27 am

nanokooshball wrote:Should have gotten Caris Lavert instead of Oladipo in the trade..... I don't understand why....

getting Kevin Porter for nothing basically made up for that.
Moahst
Senior
And1: 650

Post#20 » by Moahst » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:18 am

I, too, have been impressed with the Rockets ability to reload over the years.

Return to The General Board