Kyrie Irving Megathread: [Latest] NETS Will Not Offer Irving $186M Extension

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Will Kyrie play this season?

Yes
48%
No
52%

Total votes: 240

Ben-N1ce
RealGM
And1: 19,074

Re: Kyrie Irving Megathread: [Latest] NETS Will Not Offer Irving $186M Extension 

Post#861 » by Ben-N1ce » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:22 am

Screw taking a shot and getting a massive extention which the money could benefit the voiceless..my words will do more!!!

Lol kyrie
levon
RealGM
And1: 23,189

Re: Kyrie Irving Megathread: [Latest] NETS Will Not Offer Irving $186M Extension 

Post#862 » by levon » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:22 am

TheNewEra wrote:Still don’t get how Irving became the vaccine number one enemy in the league after comments made by Beal

they have very different pasts and very different presents
bullsaficianado
Rookie
And1: 333

Post#863 » by bullsaficianado » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:26 am

zshawn10 wrote:Here’s the 2 min Instagram clip:

https://streamable.com/ap9b57

He's talking about people losing their jobs over not getting the vaccine well most people getting paid Irving's salary would be like here's my arm give me the vaccine please.

I agree people have the right to decide if they want to get the vaccine or not but he plays pro sports and I agree it should be required for players, coaches, and people involved in the organization to get vaccinated. It protects others around you that's the point.
Asianiac_24
General Manager
And1: 3,597

Post#864 » by Asianiac_24 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:27 am

So Kyrie recognizes he’s just a hooper, not a scientist or doctor or a medical expert, but decides to go against the medical experts on the vaccination issue. This dude
Otis Green
Sophomore
And1: 195

Post#865 » by Otis Green » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:38 am

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
zshawn10 wrote:Here’s the 2 min Instagram clip:

https://streamable.com/ap9b57

Like nothing is coherent. He says he isn't anti vax and isnt anti mandate but then goes on to say he thought he would get an exemption and talks about people losing jobs because of the mandate.

He starts talking about using his talents and voice to influence people but then two seconds later confused why people are focused on him as he is only a hooper. Like what the **** are you trying to saying cause I don't understand what your message or thought process is.

Blabbering.

At the end of the day, if there are steps required to be a part of the team & you're not willing to take those steps: you’re not down for the team. Simple.

Does it make him a bad teammate? Not necessarily. A selfish teammate? 1000% & he’s shown that at every stop in his career.

He can’t even make his mind up on why he’s sitting out. And honestly, it doesn’t matter. If he wants to be the face of fighting NYC’s mandate laws (because that’s who’s enforcing this not his employer) that’s fine, but his decisions are hurting the team’s chances to win, no way around it.

Brooklyn’s already got KD’s extension signed; I think no matter how this saga ends this will be Kyrie’s last season in Brooklyn.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#866 » by TheNewEra » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:40 am

levon wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:Still don’t get how Irving became the vaccine number one enemy in the league after comments made by Beal

Like the one they think has a million conspiracies just no commented and didn’t like the pressure. Beal and Issac went full on rant and hate but they are just getting the get vaccinated spam tweets

Beal is legit on the court hooping without without the vaccine and it’s nuts
falcolombardi
General Manager
And1: 5,987

Post#867 » by falcolombardi » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:49 am

i can probably say that kyrie seems like a good person and that he legitimely believes he is doing the right think

everythingh else i could say is way less favorable to say the least, at minimum kyrie choose a really dumb moral hill to die on

if he had done this (stopping how career, a legitimely big sacrifice that draws a ton of attentiom) over a better cause he actually could have been a legend
Soca
Veteran
And1: 841

Post#868 » by Soca » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:52 am

I thought he would cave. But I can see now he's finished with the NBA.
Black Jack
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,293

Post#869 » by Black Jack » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:52 am

TheNewEra wrote:
levon wrote:

Like the one they think has a million conspiracies just no commented and didn’t like the pressure. Beal and Issac went full on rant and hate but they are just getting the get vaccinated spam tweets

Its crazy Beale and Isaac aren't being noticed but Kyrie is just above the media fold in celebrity in that non hoop junkies that are casual pop culture consumers kind of know who he is due to playing with LeBron, Uncle Drew etc. Nobody knows Isaac :lol:

I also want to add the insanity of the vax maximalists not noticing that an airborne virus doesn't care about state lines on a map, so any actual risk is there because guys like Beale and Isaac will be visiting Brooklyn. Further, it's full insane for NYPD who are bear hugging and breathing on citizens daily can do regular testing in NY but Kyrie cannot.
Rest in peace Kobe & Gianna

my response to KD critics: https://tinyurl.com/tlgc6bf
mastermixer
Starter
And1: 2,949

Post#870 » by mastermixer » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:53 am

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,247

Post#871 » by xdrta+ » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:05 am

levon wrote:

I think it's because Kyrie can't play in NY which is a big deal garnering lots of publicity. Sure Beal won't get vaccinated, but it doesn't affect him playing so it's not a big deal (to the media especially.) He just has to follow the NBA protocol for unvaccinated players. Which they should make a lot stricter.
art_tatum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,109

Post#872 » by art_tatum » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:05 am

TheNewEra wrote:
levon wrote:

Its selective outrage. people should keep the same energy they do with kyrie, but with beal.

However kyrie also has the unique position of playing in a city, new york city no less with 2 superstars, with a mandate. If dc had a mandate im sure the media would be all over beal too to a lesser extent
Gusto1903
Sixth Man
And1: 2,354

Post#873 » by Gusto1903 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:06 am

Just dont pay him.
On the Alperen Sengün hypetrain since 2020
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,516

Post#874 » by SFour » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:11 am

K-DOT wrote:
SFour wrote:
K-DOT wrote:Exactly

Just like we shouldn't villainize/dehumanize people who won't fall in line and wash their hands before touching your food

Listen, I'm supportive of people who do wash their hands, but we have to be pro-choice here. We need to fight this tyrannical mandate that's oppressing society.

you need to come up with a better analogy

And you need to come up with a better reason to not do the bare minimum than "but freedom"

I'm god damn sick of this pandemic, and people like Kyrie are only making it take longer, and ensuring that we won't be rid of Covid anytime soon. I'm not sorry that I'm out of sympathy for people who are so selfish and lazy that they can't take a few minutes of their time to get a vaccine but cower behind buzzwords like "pro-choice" and "freedom" and "patriotism" and what not

Respect is a two way street, and people like Kyrie clearly doesn't respect the rest of us because he can't be bothered to take a few minutes of their time to get vaccinated so we can end the pandemic, so I don't have to respect them back. I literally can't stress enough how little effort we're asking them to put into this that they're refusing because they don't like being told what to do. Which is how toddlers behave.

what's going to end covid...please enlighten me, 100% vaccination? The NBA has a vaccination rate of 95% but that's not enough for you....so what do you expect from the general human population?

There are Eastern* European countries with 40% vaccination rate and the people there have moved on with their lives, they live normally, their main concern is that the elderly are vaccinated.....meanwhile in America or Canada it seems like normal life isn't allowed to continue unless there's an unrealistic 100% vaccination rate...I find that crazy.
GameChannel
Rookie
And1: 1,003

Post#875 » by GameChannel » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:22 am

pro24 wrote:People are missing the point.

It's Kyrie's body, Kyrie's choice. It's not American or liberal to impose one's morality on another person even if you think he's being stupid.

Look what's happening in Australia. Just look at the history of the world, the history of big government authoritarian regimes that have made life a living hell and genocided people that don't submit to their authority.

If you give an inch to government they will take a mile as it pertains to your civil liberties. This new decade has been straight out of a Dystopian movie script and it will just get worse as marginally more of us blindly follow the State and the more of us, attack anyone who dares to think, do differently.

Out of curiosity, what's your position on Abortion? Just trying to see if my body, my choice applies there too or is that liberals taking it too far?
Plutonashfan
Analyst
And1: 3,128

Post#876 » by Plutonashfan » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:23 am

SFour wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
SFour wrote:

And you need to come up with a better reason to not do the bare minimum than "but freedom"

I'm god damn sick of this pandemic, and people like Kyrie are only making it take longer, and ensuring that we won't be rid of Covid anytime soon. I'm not sorry that I'm out of sympathy for people who are so selfish and lazy that they can't take a few minutes of their time to get a vaccine but cower behind buzzwords like "pro-choice" and "freedom" and "patriotism" and what not

Respect is a two way street, and people like Kyrie clearly doesn't respect the rest of us because he can't be bothered to take a few minutes of their time to get vaccinated so we can end the pandemic, so I don't have to respect them back. I literally can't stress enough how little effort we're asking them to put into this that they're refusing because they don't like being told what to do. Which is how toddlers behave.

what's going to end covid...please enlighten me, 100% vaccination? The NBA has a vaccination rate of 95% but that's not enough for you....so what do you expect from the general human population?

There are European countries with less than 40% vaccination rate and the people there have moved on with their lives, they live normally, their main concern is that the elderly are vaccinated.....meanwhile in America or Canada it seems like normal life isn't allowed to continue unless there's an unrealistic 100% vaccination rate...I find that crazy.

Well that's on. Read on medical journals and how herd immunity, etc works. Also I have two young girls that can't vaccinated and this disease indeed kill kids, just because your ok playing russian roulette with your life doesn't mean you can with me twins. Don't get your info from Facebook degrees in medicine and dodgy sources. When the scientists and doctors say it safe, it will be safe, also wtf are you reading saying Europe is fine and normal, that is unequivocally false!
The Champ is HERE!!!
GameChannel
Rookie
And1: 1,003

Post#877 » by GameChannel » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:34 am

SFour wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
SFour wrote:

There are European countries with less than 40% vaccination rate and the people there have moved on with their lives, they live normally, their main concern is that the elderly are vaccinated.....meanwhile in America or Canada it seems like normal life isn't allowed to continue unless there's an unrealistic 100% vaccination rate...I find that crazy.

I'm in Canada. Everything is open. What part of normal life activities are you not allowed to do in Canada. Please enlighten me?
Free Rider
Veteran
And1: 1,567

Post#878 » by Free Rider » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:38 am

Loaded_Hollows wrote:
HumbleRen wrote:
NyKnicks1714 wrote:Lol at the "wrong side of history" crowd. The pandemic has killed 740k people in the US and 5 million worldwide. Do people seriously believe that decades from now, people are going to look back on this time period and honor those who were fired because they wouldn't get vaccinated?

It's laughable lol. There's never been any global vaccine in human history that the anti vax side was ever on the right side of history.

You literally contribute to the betterment of humanity by getting your vaccine shots.

Or dying before procreating and spreading your stupidity to the next generation. I’m good with either.

I'm astonished at the way people act as if vaccine mandates are some kind of recent phenomenon and that history will eventually show they've a gross violation of basic human rights. Vaccine mandates have been a core part of our public health strategy for hundreds of years and if anything history has vindicated the implementation of such mandates in preventing highly contagious diseases. Throughout history state have required vaccinations for smallpox, tetanus, mumps, measles, polio, hepatitis B, and all manner of other diseases and I can't think of a single instance in which the main takeaway was that the people resisting the mandates were the true heroes of their generation.
hoosierdaddy34
Head Coach
And1: 5,726

Post#879 » by hoosierdaddy34 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:45 am

Stunned that a flat earther isn’t smart enough to understand the issue of public health in a pandemic.

But he’s proven himself completely untrustworthy and undependable to teams. His big paydays are long gone with this latest stunt. Teams aren’t going to keep getting put on the back burner for his nonsense.
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,516

Post#880 » by SFour » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:49 am

GameChannel wrote:
SFour wrote:
K-DOT wrote:And you need to come up with a better reason to not do the bare minimum than "but freedom"

I'm in Canada. Everything is open. What part of normal life activities are you not allowed to do in Canada. Please enlighten me?

Yes Canada is open but I don't consider life fully back to normal until vaccinated people aren't required to wear masks anymore....if I still have to wear a mask to the grocery store despite being vaccinated, then life isn't back to normal.

Return to The General Board