Kyrie Irving Megathread: [Latest] NETS Will Not Offer Irving $186M Extension

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Will Kyrie play this season?

Yes
48%
No
52%

Total votes: 240

Free Rider
Veteran
And1: 1,567

Re: Kyrie Irving Megathread: [Latest] NETS Will Not Offer Irving $186M Extension 

Post#881 » by Free Rider » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:15 am

SFour wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
SFour wrote:
you need to come up with a better analogy

And you need to come up with a better reason to not do the bare minimum than "but freedom"

I'm god damn sick of this pandemic, and people like Kyrie are only making it take longer, and ensuring that we won't be rid of Covid anytime soon. I'm not sorry that I'm out of sympathy for people who are so selfish and lazy that they can't take a few minutes of their time to get a vaccine but cower behind buzzwords like "pro-choice" and "freedom" and "patriotism" and what not

Respect is a two way street, and people like Kyrie clearly doesn't respect the rest of us because he can't be bothered to take a few minutes of their time to get vaccinated so we can end the pandemic, so I don't have to respect them back. I literally can't stress enough how little effort we're asking them to put into this that they're refusing because they don't like being told what to do. Which is how toddlers behave.

what's going to end covid...please enlighten me, 100% vaccination? The NBA has a vaccination rate of 95% but that's not enough for you....so what do you expect from the general human population?

There are Eastern* European countries with less than 40% vaccination rate and the people there have moved on with their lives, they live normally, their main concern is that the elderly are vaccinated.....meanwhile in America or Canada it seems like normal life isn't allowed to continue unless there's an unrealistic 100% vaccination rate...I find that crazy.

Wait so you think it's crazy that the U.S. would prefer it's pubic health response more closely resemble countries like France, Spain, Norway, Denmark, Portugal, or Ireland that have vaccination rates of well over 80% or 90% and have indeed removed their restrictions as a result of a massively successful vaccine rollout campaign? You think it's more reasonable that the U.S. and Canada aspire to be like Romania and Bulgaria with have vaccination rates lower than 40% and are currently experiencing their worst outbreaks of the pandemic?
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Re: Kyrie Irving Megathread: [Latest] NETS Will Not Offer Irving $186M Extension 

Post#882 » by shangrila » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:16 am

Yeah, I think they're done with him.

Harden will be the priority now.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,375

Post#883 » by svart » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:29 am

SFour wrote:
There are Eastern* European countries with less than 40% vaccination rate and the people there have moved on with their lives, they live normally, their main concern is that the elderly are vaccinated.....meanwhile in America or Canada it seems like normal life isn't allowed to continue unless there's an unrealistic 100% vaccination rate...I find that crazy.

i leave in an European country with a rate of vaccination of under 40%, and what do you know? the hospitals are full, the sanitary system collapsed, people are dying in ambulances and in the hospital's courtyards, and we started to ask for help from the other european countries. in the same time the countries with a high rate of vaccinations are slowly taking out restrictions and they are fine. i know this for a fact as my sister live in such a country.

so please, don't talk **** if you don't know the situation. it is hell here, because we have a lot of kyries here who think they know better.

next time stick to what you know, please.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
svart
Analyst

Post#884 » by svart » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:33 am

Free Rider wrote:
SFour wrote:
K-DOT wrote:And you need to come up with a better reason to not do the bare minimum than "but freedom"

I'm god damn sick of this pandemic, and people like Kyrie are only making it take longer, and ensuring that we won't be rid of Covid anytime soon. I'm not sorry that I'm out of sympathy for people who are so selfish and lazy that they can't take a few minutes of their time to get a vaccine but cower behind buzzwords like "pro-choice" and "freedom" and "patriotism" and what not

Respect is a two way street, and people like Kyrie clearly doesn't respect the rest of us because he can't be bothered to take a few minutes of their time to get vaccinated so we can end the pandemic, so I don't have to respect them back. I literally can't stress enough how little effort we're asking them to put into this that they're refusing because they don't like being told what to do. Which is how toddlers behave.

what's going to end covid...please enlighten me, 100% vaccination? The NBA has a vaccination rate of 95% but that's not enough for you....so what do you expect from the general human population?

Wait so you think it's crazy that the U.S. would prefer it's pubic health response more closely resemble countries like France, Spain, Norway, Denmark, Portugal, or Ireland that have vaccination rates of well over 80% or 90% and have indeed removed their restrictions as a result of a massively successful vaccine rollout campaign? You think it's more reasonable that the U.S. and Canada aspire to be like Romania and Bulgaria with have vaccination rates lower than 40% and are currently experiencing their worst outbreaks of the pandemic?

Yup, as i said above, i live in Romania and is hell here.
carlquincy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,146

Post#885 » by carlquincy » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:34 am

"Bu Bu But mu mu muh frreeeedoommmm."

The last 2 pages are hilarious.
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#886 » by DroseReturnChi » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:48 am

kyrie sacrificed generational wealth for this. someone go fund me.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,418

Post#887 » by SFour » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:50 am

svart wrote:
SFour wrote:

i leave in an European country with a rate of vaccination of under 40%, and what do you know? the hospitals are full, the sanitary system collapsed, people are dying in ambulances and in the hospital's courtyards, and we started to ask for help from the other european countries. in the same time the countries with a high rate of vaccinations are slowly taking out restrictions and they are fine. i know this for a fact as my sister live in such a country.

so please, don't talk **** if you don't know the situation. it is hell here, because we have a lot of kyries here who think they know better.

Romania is one of the lowest vaccinated countries in all of Europe...I wasn't talking about them :lol: I should've said roughly 40% not less than 40% so people would start nitpicking countries like Romania and Bulgaria
SFour
RealGM

Post#888 » by SFour » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:52 am

Free Rider wrote:
SFour wrote:
K-DOT wrote:And you need to come up with a better reason to not do the bare minimum than "but freedom"

my post wasn't referring to Romania or Bulgaria....but good job picking the 2 worst examples in all of Europe to make your point. I edited my post to 40%, instead of less than 40%.

and no I don't think it's crazy for a vaccination rate target of 70-75%....which is what France, Ireland, Denmark are at.
svart
Analyst

Post#889 » by svart » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:04 am

SFour wrote:
svart wrote:
SFour wrote:

Romania is one of the lowest vaccinated countries in all of Europe...I wasn't talking about them :lol: I should've said roughly 40% not less than 40% so people would start nitpicking countries like Romania and Bulgaria

you are full of it mate, no offense. you literally said less than 40%

you're not worth talking to.
HEAT33
Veteran
And1: 1,396

Post#890 » by HEAT33 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:04 am

Kyrie is an idiot, they should just trade him for anything, you don’t want to have him talking with team mates and influencing them too.
EscapoTHB wrote:I think the 92 dream team would get beat by a lot of the top international teams today.

:lol:
SFour
RealGM

Post#891 » by SFour » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:06 am

svart wrote:
SFour wrote:
svart wrote:

you are full of it mate, no offense. you literally sad less than 40%

ya I mistakenly put "less than 40%"...which would allow people to bring up countries with vaccination rates of 20%

40% is the cutoff for the Eastern european countries I am referring to.
svart
Analyst

Post#892 » by svart » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:15 am

SFour wrote:
svart wrote:
SFour wrote:

ya I mistakenly put "less than 40%"...which would allow people to bring up countries with vaccination rates of 20%

29% is not 20

as i said, you are full of it and continue to talk without knowing the facts.
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,355

Post#893 » by ForeverTFC » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:29 am

SFour wrote:
GameChannel wrote:
SFour wrote:

There are European countries with less than 40% vaccination rate and the people there have moved on with their lives, they live normally, their main concern is that the elderly are vaccinated.....meanwhile in America or Canada it seems like normal life isn't allowed to continue unless there's an unrealistic 100% vaccination rate...I find that crazy.

I'm in Canada. Everything is open. What part of normal life activities are you not allowed to do in Canada. Please enlighten me?

Yes Canada is open but I don't consider life fully back to normal until vaccinated people aren't required to wear masks anymore....if I still have to wear a mask to the grocery store despite being vaccinated, then life isn't back to normal.

I mean, who cares? Being upset at mask mandates is so unnecessary. I don’t even notice that I’m wearing one most of the time at this point. Why allow something so trivial to bother you. Life is pretty much back to normal. Everything is open.
Big_Aristotle
Junior
And1: 242

Post#894 » by Big_Aristotle » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:34 am

svart wrote:
SFour wrote:

Thanks for sharing your insights on your local situation and sorry to hear your community is facing such a nightmare.
I fully agree with you, too many people on the internet just make statements about something they have absolutely no knowledge about and that is a shame. The worst thing is not being wrong, but being sure one is not wrong
SFour
RealGM

Post#895 » by SFour » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:39 am

svart wrote:
SFour wrote:
svart wrote:

29% is not 20

as i said, you are full of it and continue to talk without knowing the facts.

29% is not 40%....so my post wasn't about Romania...my post was regarding other eastern european countries that are over 40%, and I have relatives and friends living there that keep me updated.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#896 » by Sark » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:42 am

mastermixer wrote:Image

This is a terrible analogy. Kaepernick was protesting police brutality, which actually exists. Kyrie is just being anti vaxx, based on nothing but impossible to prove conspiracies.
Statlanta
RealGM
And1: 9,178

Post#897 » by Statlanta » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:51 am

Pointgod wrote:
NyKnicks1714 wrote:Lol at the "wrong side of history" crowd. The pandemic has killed 740k people in the US and 5 million worldwide. Do people seriously believe that decades from now, people are going to look back on this time period and honor those who were fired because they wouldn't get vaccinated?

It’s laughable on its face when you think about it.

In a way it's noble. If what Kyrie does gets NY to accelerate the process to lift mandate restrictions because of his value to the Brooklyn economy he'd be looked to as a hero of individual rights and personal freedom. In a way it could be similar to those who thought Ali was a coward for not going to fight a war in Vietnam.

Kyrie just has to evaluate if he's good at saving money with his current lifestyle and continue his protest.
East #1 Draft Picks: Fultz, Banchero, Wiggins, Cuninigham
West #1 Draft Picks: Edwards, WIlliamson, Ayton, Towns
LastNameEver
General Manager
And1: 9,498

Post#898 » by LastNameEver » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:52 am

Jesus Christ man, the worst part is that he will eventually end up vaccinated once he and the other Alex Jones lite headcases see the bodies start to pile up at an unprecedented rate
CodeNinja
Ballboy
And1: 31

Post#899 » by CodeNinja » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:53 am

People are not realizing one thing. It’s my body and it’s my choice. America is the World’s greatest nation for a reason.

When I got admitted into a Prestigious university, they asked for my vaccine records. Screw that, I quit.

Then I went and worked for a fast food restaurant. They put up signs asking Employees to wash hands. Screw that, they can’t tell me what to do with my hands. I quit. I mean, I always washed my hands. But I didn’t like the mandate. Like you can’t be forcing my colleagues to do something with their body. One of my colleague was fired because he didn’t wash his hands one time. I quit as a protest to the mandate.

Now I am happily living on food stamps and am homeless. But I have my freedom. I am living life the way I wanted to.
BarnabyJones
Sixth Man
And1: 292

Post#900 » by BarnabyJones » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:12 am

Read on Twitter
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”― Mark Twain

Return to The General Board