Kyrie Irving Megathread: [Latest] NETS Will Not Offer Irving $186M Extension

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Will Kyrie play this season?

Yes
48%
No
52%

Total votes: 240

svart
Analyst
And1: 3,311

Re: Kyrie Irving Megathread: [Latest] NETS Will Not Offer Irving $186M Extension 

Post#901 » by svart » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:33 am

SFour wrote:
svart wrote:
SFour wrote:
ya I mistakenly put "less than 40%"...which would allow people to bring up countries with vaccination rates of 20%

40% is the cutoff for the Eastern european countries I am referring to.

29% is not 20

as i said, you are full of it and continue to talk without knowing the facts.

29% is not 40%....so my post wasn't about Romania...my post was regarding other eastern european countries that are over 40%, and I have relatives and friends living there that keep me updated.

oh, i got you now.

so when you wrote less than 40% you meant more than 40%

makes perfect sense.

i will end with this: there is a correlation between the percentage of the vaccinated population and the number of cases, that should be the conclusion. you are not an exert to pick thresholds and percentages as you like and feel that feeds your narrative.

What remains is that more vaccinated people can help us go over the pandemic quicker.

the rest is mental gymnastics.

And the people like kyrie, invoking control and whatever are hurting this process.

an uneducated man on the subject contradicting science and using all the wrong reason to argue. - i mean kyrie, not you, just to be clear.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
ProcessDoctor
General Manager
And1: 5,155

Re: Kyrie Irving Megathread: [Latest] NETS Will Not Offer Irving $186M Extension 

Post#902 » by ProcessDoctor » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:38 am

They need to trade him for anything before he causes them to lose Harden too.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Council
Oubre/Batum/Martin
Harris/Covington/Wilson
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
RunOKC
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,382

Post#903 » by RunOKC » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:39 am

I empathize with Kyrie because why aren't (constant) negative Covid tests good enough to play? What is the vaccine going to do besides lesson symptoms if he does contract it?
deadfeather
Rookie
And1: 366

Post#904 » by deadfeather » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:43 am

Both Kyrie and Simmons will be playing for their current teams by the start of the season one way or another. It's just drama and these guys are not going to give up that much money.
JN61
RealGM
And1: 9,019

Post#905 » by JN61 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:45 am

I hope all other teams in the league refuse to give him any kind of max money either. This is such a great news. Act like this and lose money on the next contract. Teams need to stop pandering players like this.
Pennebaker wrote:And Bird did it while being a defensive liability. But he also made All-Defensive teams, which was another controversial issue regarding Bird and votes.
JN61
RealGM

Post#906 » by JN61 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:52 am

carlquincy wrote:"Bu Bu But mu mu muh frreeeedoommmm."

The last 2 pages are hilarious.

Freedums and Facebook research is the most hilarious/stupid thing to come out of this. Before Americans (trumpers) politicised this nobody cared about whole subject but took their vaccines like normal people. Not to mentioning whole thing of still claiming ''i need to do my own research''. How long it takes? We have lived in pandemic almost 2 years. And vaccine be available almost a year in the western countries. And all this American garbage of ''its a big personal decision''.. no it's not. It's not a big decision. Just get it and be safe like any other vaccine before this in the last 50 or so years..
Pennebaker wrote:And Bird did it while being a defensive liability. But he also made All-Defensive teams, which was another controversial issue regarding Bird and votes.
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,724

Post#907 » by leolozon » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:54 am

RunOKC wrote:I empathize with Kyrie because why aren't (constant) negative Covid tests good enough to play? What is the vaccine going to do besides lesson symptoms if he does contract it?

Also lessen the transmission with close to no negative impact... So what's the point of not taking it?

If anything, Kyrie's decision is showing a problem with the antivax movement on a small scale : selfishness.

Kyrie has teammates who all got the vaccine, yet he is too good for it, and he is letting all his teammates down based on pseudoscience. (Maybe not even, as it seems like he isn't even antivax, just anti "obligation to take it".)

Kyrie is essentially spitting in the face of his 14 teammates who did make the "effort". And for what gain?
Dave DaButcher
Sixth Man
And1: 4,296

Post#908 » by Dave DaButcher » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:57 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
JN61
RealGM

Post#909 » by JN61 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:58 am

SFour wrote:
svart wrote:
SFour wrote:
ya I mistakenly put "less than 40%"...which would allow people to bring up countries with vaccination rates of 20%

40% is the cutoff for the Eastern european countries I am referring to.

29% is not 20

as i said, you are full of it and continue to talk without knowing the facts.

29% is not 40%....so my post wasn't about Romania...my post was regarding other eastern european countries that are over 40%, and I have relatives and friends living there that keep me updated.

And you don't have even slightest clue about how they are doing. Not to mentioning capita per square km is probably way less than any average American populated place ..
Yallbecrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,683

Post#910 » by Yallbecrazy » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:03 am

RunOKC wrote:I empathize with Kyrie because why aren't (constant) negative Covid tests good enough to play? What is the vaccine going to do besides lesson symptoms if he does contract it?

Prevent him from getting it and reduce the chances he spreads it to others if he gets it.
antonac
Starter
And1: 2,195

Post#911 » by antonac » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:23 am

Because he is a person that's part of a society that's decided they have collective responsibility to each other's safety.

His stance is a bit like "why should I bother learning how to drive, I'll just swerve all over the place and figure it out, as long as everyone else learns to drive they can avoid me."

Why not let Kyrie also avoid paying taxes, it's not like one person makes a big difference. And why not let him just steal from anywhere he pleases, he's not going to bankrupt a clothes retailer if he walks out with suit on?

Vaccine take up will lower transmission and protect the public. To opt out of that is anti-social behavior.
JellosJigglin
RealGM
And1: 9,400

Post#912 » by JellosJigglin » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:25 am

JN61 wrote:

Freedums and Facebook research is the most hilarious/stupid thing to come out of this. Before Americans (trumpers) politicised this nobody cared about whole subject but took their vaccines like normal people. Not to mentioning whole thing of still claiming ''i need to do my own research''. How long it takes? We have lived in pandemic almost 2 years. And vaccine be available almost a year in the western countries. And all this American garbage of ''its a big personal decision''.. no it's not. It's not a big decision. Just get it and be safe like any other vaccine before this in the last 50 or so years..

Ha. Conservatives politicized this? That's rich. They've been consistent on this from the beginning, which was "get poked if you want, and don't get it if you don't want to". Your president and VP said they wouldn't take the vaccine under any circumstance when Trump was pres. What changed? They know they can get away with being grifters because they know their apologists have short memories. You know the country is doomed for failure when it's entitled and spoiled citizens mock freedom.
RIP BASKETBALL REASONS (DEC 8TH 2011 - OCT 11TH 2020)
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,010

Post#913 » by Lalouie » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:34 am

as per his latest tweet where he adamantly says he's not quiting,,,,he thinks he's going to outlast the mandates. it's really simple. well yes, at some point things will get back to normal and the mandates will change

will he have "won",,,,no. especially if he gets traded first lol
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,616

Post#914 » by KnicksGadfly » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:39 am

Get your politics away from my sport! This isn’t the platform to do that! Kyrie doesn’t love America! He’s getting paid millions and millions and he can’t get one shot? He’s not grateful to our country!
Quattro
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,705

Post#915 » by Quattro » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:54 am

JN61 wrote:

Who would have thought that Facebook would become one of the worst calamities to ever afflict mankind?
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,346

Post#916 » by Johnny Bball » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:05 pm

shangrila wrote:Yeah, I think they're done with him.

Harden will be the priority now.

They are so done with him. Don’t play at all, no extension.., the next is going to be to try and trade him but that looks to be impossible.

The thing here is…no matter what kyrie says or pontificates about with regards to his vax status…to the nets, he’s just not a good teammate or team player. And even if he gets vaccinated, I think that extension just went away forever.

The guy is setting fire to his career. And it is a real train wreck of stupidity to watch.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,668

Post#917 » by WarriorGM » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:08 pm

Is it true that the word is that Kyrie won't be extended?

I would have thought there might have been a way to reconcile if it was only him not playing, but saying outright he won't get an extension is pretty much cutting him off. I'm unsure the Nets really thought this through. This might be the beginning of the end of this version of the Nets. Over before it really even began.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,181

Post#918 » by BBallFreak » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:10 pm

First, you can test negative and still have COVID. I had it back in November. My fiance got sick, went and got tested, and came back negative. The next day she got sicker, went and got tested again, and tested positive.

Second of all, the vaccine lessens the ability to catch the illness and transmit it. Yes, it also lessens symptoms and thus, long term effects. Jason Tatum caught COVID and was on an inhaler for months afterward. Didn't play up to his standards. If he could have taken the vaccine and not ended up on an inhaler, wouldn't that have been the right thing to do for himself and for his teammates?
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,346

Post#919 » by Johnny Bball » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:12 pm

ocelot17
Starter
And1: 3,828

Post#920 » by ocelot17 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:12 pm

Return to The General Board