Kyrie Irving Megathread: [Latest] NETS Will Not Offer Irving $186M Extension

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Will Kyrie play this season?

Yes
48%
No
52%

Total votes: 240

infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,538

Re: Kyrie Irving Megathread: [Latest] NETS Will Not Offer Irving $186M Extension 

Post#921 » by infinite11285 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:13 pm

WarriorGM wrote:Is it true that the word is that Kyrie won't be extended?

I would have thought there might have been a way to reconcile if it was only him not playing, but saying outright he won't get an extension is pretty much cutting him off. I'm unsure the Nets really thought this through. This might be the beginning of the end of this version of the Nets. Over before it really even began.

It's true.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nets-won-t-offer-contract-212705411.html

Couple this report with the Nets public statement when it was announced that he won't play at all and it‘s plain to see that management is done with Kyrie.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,690

Re: Kyrie Irving Megathread: [Latest] NETS Will Not Offer Irving $186M Extension 

Post#922 » by WarriorGM » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:15 pm

The ball is in KD's court.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#923 » by TheNewEra » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:52 pm

Not sure how they suspect to keep Durant happy when he only wanted to go to BK because Kyrie helped direct him there. So now you don’t want to sign Kyrie and Harden could look for a new situation if you do.
hauntedcomputer
Veteran
And1: 3,726

Post#924 » by hauntedcomputer » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:56 pm

The Ali comparison ends with Ali being against killing people and Kyrie being for killing people.
+++
Schadenfreude is undefeated.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,260

Post#925 » by iLLmatic860 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:09 pm

hauntedcomputer wrote:The Ali comparison ends with Ali being against killing people and Kyrie being for killing people.

Lol stuff like this is why people who are unvaccinated are not taking the shots
LouisLitt
Sixth Man
And1: 3,120

Post#926 » by LouisLitt » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:12 pm

hauntedcomputer wrote:The Ali comparison ends with Ali being against killing people and Kyrie being for killing people.

Edgy
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#927 » by TheNewEra » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:13 pm

art_tatum wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:
levon wrote:they have very different pasts and very different presents

Like the one they think has a million conspiracies just no commented and didn’t like the pressure. Beal and Issac went full on rant and hate but they are just getting the get vaccinated spam tweets

Beal is legit on the court hooping without without the vaccine and it’s nuts

Its selective outrage. people should keep the same energy they do with kyrie, but with beal.

However kyrie also has the unique position of playing in a city, new york city no less with 2 superstars, with a mandate. If dc had a mandate im sure the media would be all over beal too to a lesser extent

So it shows that this story is more about the money than actually being vaccinated itself. Letting a player run around on the court without it and the media focus is on the guy that’s not even playing :nonono:
Sisqo
Analyst
And1: 2,267

Post#928 » by Sisqo » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:28 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:

A comment is why they aren't taking the shots? Something tells me that's not correct. lol :)
Sache
Senior
And1: 38

Post#929 » by Sache » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:30 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:

Idiots the unvaxxxed are either way.
Danny1616
General Manager
And1: 12,725

Post#930 » by Danny1616 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:31 pm

JellosJigglin wrote:
JN61 wrote:
carlquincy wrote:"Bu Bu But mu mu muh frreeeedoommmm."

The last 2 pages are hilarious.

Freedums and Facebook research is the most hilarious/stupid thing to come out of this. Before Americans (trumpers) politicised this nobody cared about whole subject but took their vaccines like normal people. Not to mentioning whole thing of still claiming ''i need to do my own research''. How long it takes? We have lived in pandemic almost 2 years. And vaccine be available almost a year in the western countries. And all this American garbage of ''its a big personal decision''.. no it's not. It's not a big decision. Just get it and be safe like any other vaccine before this in the last 50 or so years..

Ha. Conservatives politicized this? That's rich. They've been consistent on this from the beginning, which was "get poked if you want, and don't get it if you don't want to". Your president and VP said they wouldn't take the vaccine under any circumstance when Trump was pres. What changed? They know they can get away with being grifters because they know their apologists have short memories. You know the country is doomed for failure when it's entitled and spoiled citizens mock freedom.

Are you living in alternative reality?

First it was Covid was a democratic hoax overblown by the media.

Then it was Trump saying it was only a few cases and would go down to zero.

Then it was saying that Covid would be gone by Easter.

Then it was saying that Covid deaths were faked and they were counting fake deaths.

Then it was masks are taking away out liberties and don't work.

Then it was saying lockdowns are a form of tyranny.

Then it was saying vaccines are dangerous and not FDA approved.

Now again it's about personal freedom even though it is FDA approved.

You guys change the goal posts every **** time and it's sad.
jordb2k7
Pro Prospect
And1: 886

Post#932 » by jordb2k7 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:36 pm

Danny1616 wrote:
JellosJigglin wrote:
JN61 wrote:Freedums and Facebook research is the most hilarious/stupid thing to come out of this. Before Americans (trumpers) politicised this nobody cared about whole subject but took their vaccines like normal people. Not to mentioning whole thing of still claiming ''i need to do my own research''. How long it takes? We have lived in pandemic almost 2 years. And vaccine be available almost a year in the western countries. And all this American garbage of ''its a big personal decision''.. no it's not. It's not a big decision. Just get it and be safe like any other vaccine before this in the last 50 or so years..

Ha. Conservatives politicized this? That's rich. They've been consistent on this from the beginning, which was "get poked if you want, and don't get it if you don't want to". Your president and VP said they wouldn't take the vaccine under any circumstance when Trump was pres. What changed? They know they can get away with being grifters because they know their apologists have short memories. You know the country is doomed for failure when it's entitled and spoiled citizens mock freedom.

Are you living in alternative reality?

First it was Covid was a democratic hoax overblown by the media.

Then it was Trump saying it was only a few cases and would go down to zero.

Then it was saying that Covid would be gone by Easter.

Then it was saying that Covid deaths were faked and they were counting fake deaths.

Then it was masks are taking away out liberties and don't work.

Then it was saying lockdowns are a form of tyranny.

Then it was saying vaccines are dangerous and not FDA approved.

Now again it's about personal freedom even though it is FDA approved.

You guys change the goal posts every **** time and it's sad.

He's also lying here blatantly I might add. They said they would take it if the science said to, they wouldn't if it was Trump telling them to take it. Pretty simple but of course they have to misdirect and lie.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,870

Post#933 » by MotownMadness » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:44 pm

I'm sure if the Nets management knows it won't have any impact on keeping Durant and Harden then they are fine with just cutting ties at this point.
Dino-Might
Sixth Man
And1: 2,177

Post#934 » by Dino-Might » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:46 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:

Because they like killing people?
Game, blouses.
ecogen
Junior
And1: 575

Post#935 » by ecogen » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:51 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:

So they're reactionary idiots? Bit rude.
red96
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,380

Post#936 » by red96 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:56 pm

If the Nets implode because of Kyrie, I will eat crow about the Harden deal. I hated the deal, but Kyrie can make them the most value picks in the league. Very interested in how this situation pans out
"Morey decided in 2007 that Steve Francis was to be the "franchise player" of the Rockets only to play what... 5 games? Morey didn't think Marc Gasol was worth a look that year,"
-baki "the Rockets fan"
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,260

Post#937 » by iLLmatic860 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:57 pm

Sisqo wrote:
iLLmatic860 wrote:

A comment is why they aren't taking the shots? Something tells me that's not correct. lol :)

These bullying tactics people are doing. Belittling them for not taking the shots. Making **** political. Both sides are acting dumb af to me to be honest

It just took one person being civil with me for to me to get vaxxed
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,636

Post#938 » by DaGawd » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:57 pm

TheNewEra wrote:Not sure how they suspect to keep Durant happy when he only wanted to go to BK because Kyrie helped direct him there. So now you don’t want to sign Kyrie and Harden could look for a new situation if you do.

I guess he could force a trade if he gets frustrated but KD signed an extension so he’s pretty much locked in until he’s close to retirement
BaF
Washington Wizards
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#939 » by ATRAIN53 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:00 pm

So what exactly is this latest Shams report he''s only giving up 16 million in salary-

Is this stuff on BBR not accurate?

Signed 4-yr $136.49M contract Saturday, July 6, 2019.
2022-23 is player option.

That means his salary this year is:
2021-22 $34,916,200

and next year he has a PLAYER Option for-
2022-23 $36,503,300

Has he already been paid 1/2 his salary this year?

Isn't a player option HIS choice, not theirs?

I think he's gonna get the shot the day the season starts. like KD is gonna drag him down to a clinic and do it himself if necessary.

But I think he's enjoying all this attention right now and taking this to the limit.
It does allow him to make his point.

I wonder what his family thinks, like does he have any older relatives that are avoiding him.
He has to know players like KAT have lost family to this thing. I feel like KATS mom died before there was a vax (?)
Maybe she didn't have to die.....

Please just go get the shot dude - we fans want an epic Nets v Lakers FINALS!!!
matt6715
Veteran
And1: 2,797

Post#940 » by matt6715 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:00 pm

red96 wrote:If the Nets implode because of Kyrie, I will eat crow about the Harden deal. I hated the deal, but Kyrie can make them the most value picks in the league. Very interested in how this situation pans out

Healthy Durant and healthy Harden, without any sort of return for Kyrie, is still an eastern conference finals team this year easily.

Return to The General Board