Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,862

Re: Ben Simmons Trade Thread Part 6 

Post#801 » by Stanford » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:38 pm

Tomjas wrote:If they ship Dame, it will be for a rebuilding package

There would be a third team involved, for sure.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,009

Post#802 » by Bum Adebayo » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:39 pm

Philly2good wrote:Imagine thinking Ben Simmons is begging to play for the Sixers :lol:

Imagine thinking you are not Aussie :lol:
Great takes since 2024-04-20
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,801

Post#803 » by Negrodamus » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:42 pm

Man, we have some weird posters on this board.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,807

Post#804 » by Mik317 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:08 pm

Look I am ready to call Morey and anybody washed at any time

but doing it because he didn't trade a guy for scraps feels a bit dumb to me.
Until the trade is made, he has somehow played this correctly. A lot of it has to do with Ben/Klutch lighting themselves on fire so far but still. If Ben comes in and acts a fool, then yeah you can start the crying I guess...but doing so now is very confusing.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,753

Post#805 » by Sixersftw » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:12 pm

Stanford wrote:
KramerDSP wrote:A laughingstock implies that you care about what the fans of other teams think. The reality is, who gives a **** what anyone thinks?

You're responding to a guy who followed me around all last season and replied :CRAZY: emojis to anything negative I said about the team.

He's not someone to take seriously.

:crazy:
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Post#806 » by sixers4real » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:50 pm

Negrodamus wrote:Man, we have some weird posters on this board.

Imagine Kyrie being Aussie (I know he was born there), being a Sixer, asking out and not taking vaccine.
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#807 » by Stanford » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:53 pm

Negrodamus wrote:Man, we have some weird posters on this board.

Too many Canadians/Australians.
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Post#808 » by Sportfan73 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:03 pm

erving4ever wrote:So on RTRS, Spike maintains that Ben will only be used by the 76ers to squeeze tha last remaining leverage Morey has. Sort of like, give your best offers now cause who knows we might keep Ben. That the 76ers wont really actually risk playing Ben in a home game that might turn into a disaster. He said, maybe Ben plays an away pre season game but thats it. 2 weeks or less, Ben is gone, he said.

Spike doesn’t know **** lol
vaaron
Junior
And1: 165

Post#809 » by vaaron » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:11 pm

Philly2good wrote:
Rastas wrote:
Philly2good wrote:Haha Morey is trash..The guy is down right terrible at his job

Agreed 8-)
76ers going from the #1 seed to struggling to avoid the Playin.
:banghead:

It's painful to watch....We have become a laughing stock

i think it would be more the opposite. the front office made the hard choice to not except an offer of pennies on the dollar after a player has recently re-signed. having a malcontent is not ideal either but at least there is a hope ben can at least increase his trade value. with his work ethic they can only be faulted for offering him the max and a lot of front offices have gone through that and hindsight is 20/20.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#810 » by Stanford » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:54 pm

Sportfan73 wrote:
erving4ever wrote:So on RTRS, Spike maintains that Ben will only be used by the 76ers to squeeze tha last remaining leverage Morey has. Sort of like, give your best offers now cause who knows we might keep Ben. That the 76ers wont really actually risk playing Ben in a home game that might turn into a disaster. He said, maybe Ben plays an away pre season game but thats it. 2 weeks or less, Ben is gone, he said.

Side note on that:

Spike and Mike **** on Windhorst all the time (who I think does a good job) for worrying about aggregation when he says something on a podcast. I think this is ridiculous because Windhorst has two roles: reporter and podcast host. In his role as podcast host, he's not reporting anything, he's just talking about how he feels on a topic based on the knowledge he has. We can easily figure out whether he is officially reporting something or just speculating by listening to the context. So he has good reason to be pissed about twitter accounts misrepresenting what he says on a podcast by implying that he said it in his role as reporter. If Spike were someone that anyone has ever heard of, TheNBACentral would have put up a tweet this morning that said:

"Ben Simmons will be traded within 2 weeks" - Spike Eskin (eyes emoji)

Which is exactly the kind of bull Windhorst complains about. Spike wasn't reporting anything, he was just speculating based on what he knows (which is less than Windhorst, but probably more than anyone on this board) for the purposes of a podcast. It's just dudes talking. There are things we can take from the conversations, but they shouldn't be taken as news.
Sixersftw
RealGM

Post#811 » by Sixersftw » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:08 pm

Do they **** on Windhorst for aggregation? I don't like or dislike Windhorst. I just recognize that he is a Klutch sock puppet and it's weird that a guy has made it to the mountaintop of his profession by covering a single athlete but whatever. He does cover that one athlete well.

Spike absolutely knows background stuff because of the nature of his job. He's said stuff about Jimmy and BC that all kinda came out or came to fruition as those particular stories progressed. However, I would never assume something like "Ben will be traded in X days" carries any weight. Background info, sure, but nothing that is prognosticating or breaking news.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#812 » by Stanford » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:10 pm

Sixersftw wrote:Do they **** on Windhorst for aggregation? I don't like or dislike Windhorst. I just recognize that he is a Klutch sock puppet and it's weird that a guy has made it to the mountaintop of his profession by covering a single athlete but whatever. He does cover that one athlete well.

He covers the NBA well :dontknow: and he's a good podcast host

Sixersftw wrote:I would never assume something like "Ben will be traded in X days" carries any weight.

Absolutely. No one who listened to the podcast would. But that wouldn't stop these twitter accounts from tweeting it like it does.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#813 » by Sixerscan » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:12 pm

I am not a big fan of Spike but I feel like if NBA Central did that he would find it hilarious. Windhorst takes himself too seriously.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#814 » by Stanford » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:15 pm

Sixerscan wrote:I feel like if NBA Central did that he would find it hilarious.

He absolutely would. But he's not a reporter and doesn't have to manage relationships with people in the league like Windhorst does. His brand is also irreverent trolling.

Windhorst takes himself too seriously.

Probably. But I think his annoyance is valid.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#815 » by Sixerscan » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:22 pm

Stanford wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:I feel like if NBA Central did that he would find it hilarious.

He absolutely would. But he's not a reporter and doesn't have to manage relationships with people in the league like Windhorst does. His brand is also irreverent trolling.

Windhorst takes himself too seriously.

Probably. But I think his annoyance is valid.

When I listen to Windhorst my impression is wants to have it both ways where he constantly brags about his sources and intimates he knows what's going on whenever someone pushes back on something he says, but then gets mad when people hold him to it. It's sloppy and he comes off pretty insecure. Woj also has a podcast and he's careful to not do that sort of stuff on it. YMMV
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#816 » by Stanford » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:25 pm

Woj's podcast also sucks, lol.

Windhorst balances his roles better.

Stan Windy
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#817 » by Sixerscan » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:29 pm

Stanford wrote:Woj's podcast also sucks, lol.

Stan Windy

lol true
erving4ever
Ballboy
And1: 24

Post#818 » by erving4ever » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:35 pm

Stanford wrote:
Sportfan73 wrote:

Side note on that:

Spike and Mike **** on Windhorst all the time (who I think does a good job) for worrying about aggregation when he says something on a podcast. I think this is ridiculous because Windhorst has two roles: reporter and podcast host. In his role as podcast host, he's not reporting anything, he's just talking about how he feels on a topic based on the knowledge he has. We can easily figure out whether he is officially reporting something or just speculating by listening to the context. So he has good reason to be pissed about twitter accounts misrepresenting what he says on a podcast by implying that he said it in his role as reporter. If Spike were someone that anyone has ever heard of, TheNBACentral would have put up a tweet this morning that said:

"Ben Simmons will be traded within 2 weeks" - Spike Eskin (eyes emoji)

Which is exactly the kind of bull Windhorst complains about. Spike wasn't reporting anything, he was just speculating based on what he knows (which is less than Windhorst, but probably more than anyone on this board) for the purposes of a podcast. It's just dudes talking. There are things we can take from the conversations, but they shouldn't be taken as news.

Oh for sure. You can consider Spike's opinions at the level of educated guesses. I think that is fair.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,686

Post#819 » by stormi » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:57 pm

"educated"
Sixersftw
RealGM

Post#820 » by Sixersftw » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:12 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
Stanford wrote:Woj's podcast also sucks, lol.

Stan Windy

lol true

I agree but Woj has the best ad breaks in the business.

"Hang on for one second President Biden because I need to tell you a little something about Simply Safe"

Return to Philadelphia 76ers