azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,228

Re: College Football 2021 Pacer Freak Picks 

Post#21 » by azcatz11 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:07 am

bwgood77 wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Oregon is absolutely going to crush AZ. The spread looks like it's moved above 4 tds, but AZ lost to BYU, got beat by SDSU by 23 and nearly lost to NAU who any big conference team should crush. Oregon is far and away the best team they've played. Not saying to bet on Oregon but just letting you know.

Unfortunately we did lose to NAU my friend...I try not to remember last weekend either lol

Not sure how I misread that. I have a hard time getting into college football given that games are meaningless for the most part. 4 teams make the playoffs but if you are not ranked to begin the year, you pretty much have to go undefeated to make it, so if you get 1 loss early you are likely out unless you run the table, and it's still unlikely.

If you are ranked to begin the season you can lose 1 early and still make the playoff, as usually a couple do. But 2 losses and you are almost certainly eliminated from playoff contention.

Bowl victories have always felt meaningless to me.

I'm betting Oregon for what it's worth. I think 29.5 (current line) is easily doable by the Ducks. I really hate going against U of A but we're just a horrible team and one of the worst Power 5 teams in the country.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,228

Post#22 » by azcatz11 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:12 am

bwgood77 wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Oregon is absolutely going to crush AZ. The spread looks like it's moved above 4 tds, but AZ lost to BYU, got beat by SDSU by 23 and nearly lost to NAU who any big conference team should crush. Oregon is far and away the best team they've played. Not saying to bet on Oregon but just letting you know.

Unfortunately we did lose to NAU my friend...I try not to remember last weekend either lol

Not sure how I misread that. I have a hard time getting into college football given that games are meaningless for the most part. 4 teams make the playoffs but if you are not ranked to begin the year, you pretty much have to go undefeated to make it, so if you get 1 loss early you are likely out unless you run the table, and it's still unlikely.

If you are ranked to begin the season you can lose 1 early and still make the playoff, as usually a couple do. But 2 losses and you are almost certainly eliminated from playoff contention.

I agree though. College football has been extremely boring the past 5 years for me. It's the same teams every year and like you said, if you lose a game or two your season is over.

I'm sure it's great to be a Bama or Clemson fan (not today) every year but for the rest of us, it's just decent entertainment on a Saturday.

I also think the college games are way too long. They shouldn't stop the clock every 1st down and half time is like 40 minutes. 3.5 hours is way too long.

I will say betting being legal now has helped invigorate my interest.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,377

Post#23 » by bwgood77 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:12 am

azcatz11 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

I agree though. College football has been extremely boring the past 5 years for me. It's the same teams every year and like you said, if you lose a game or two your season is over.

I'm sure it's great to be a Bama or Clemson fan (not today) every year but for the rest of us, it's just decent entertainment on a Saturday.

I also think the college games are way too long. They shouldn't stop the clock every 1st down and half time is like 40 minutes. 3.5 hours is way too long.

I will say betting being legal now has helped invigorate my interest.

I don't know enough about the players or teams to know who is overrated, though I know Texas is generally overrated, particularly early in the season before they lose.

NFL was always the easiest for me. And then probably NBA playoffs. NBA regular season is not a good, but playoffs you can always tell what teams have their backs against the wall. Of course realgm GB thinks the winner of the series shifts after every game. Road team wins game 1 and suddenly they are going to win the series. That's when you bet on the home team (usually). Though I probably would have taken the Clippers in game 2 against Dallas. But then after losing that I would have definitely taken the Clips on the road against Dallas, down 2-0. Kawhi doesn't lose series like that.

This year's NBA playoffs might have been tougher, because, for example, I did not expect the Suns to sweep the Nuggets..even without Murray I would have probably figured Denver would at least take game 3.

If teams are healthy it would be easier.

I used to bet over/unders in baseball too.

I also think halftime bets on NFL or NBA teams are good. You take a favorite who is behind at the half..they are usually a favorite but you know how those games go..
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,711

Post#24 » by Pacers_Freak » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:43 pm

Last week was UGLY. A couple of brutal meltdowns out of La Tech and Bufflo. Went 4-8 last week and -14.8 units. On the year I'm now 23-25 and -9.7 units. Yuck. Been back in the lab and here we go with this weeks:

Charlotte over 55 (1 unit)
Michigan +1 (1 unit)
Purdue -2.5 (2 units)
Texas over 65.5 (2 units)
Wake Forrest -6.5 (4 units)
Ole Miss over 79 (3 units)
Ole Miss +14.5 (2 units)
Oklahoma State -3.5 (1 unit)
Marshall over 66 (4 units)
Western Kentucky over 64 (4 units)
UCLA over 55.5 (2 units)
Fresno over 65.5 (3 units)
Pacers_Freak
Veteran

Post#25 » by Pacers_Freak » Fri Oct 8, 2021 4:18 pm

Rough rough 2 week stretch. 27-33 on the year and -20.4 units on the year.

Temple +30 (1 unit)
Oklahoma over 63 (5 units)
Iowa -1.5 (2 units)
TCU over 60.5 (3 units)
Western KY over 71 (1 unit)
Michigan -3 (4 units)
Kentucky -3 (1 unit)
Pacers_Freak
Veteran

Post#26 » by Pacers_Freak » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:44 pm

Great week last week. Went 6-1 and +14.9 units. 33-34 on the year and -5.5 units. Hopefully keep it rolling this week.

Navy over 56 (2 units)
Nebraska -4 (1 unit)
Ball St. -1 (1 unit)
Iowa -11.5 (2 units)
Western Ky over 67 (1 unit)
Alabama 1H -10 (2 units)
Alabama -17 (1 unit)
Utah State -7 (2 units)
Ole Miss -2.5 (3 units)
Oklahoma over 66 (5 units)
Pacers_Freak
Veteran