***TWO ANNOUNCEMENTS: NEW GEN BOARD MODERATOR AND... (All GB users, please read)***

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,699

***TWO ANNOUNCEMENTS: NEW GEN BOARD MODERATOR AND... (All GB users, please read)*** 

Post#1 » by -Sammy- » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:57 pm

“If I should be short on words and long on things to say…should I be beside myself and not even stay… I'm left behind as the seasons roll on by…”
- Chris Cornell (The only rock singer I ever wanted to be [R.I.P.])

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Whaddup, proud citizens of the internet’s greatest forum?

My Gramma used to tell us, ‘ya hafta take the bitter with the sweet’, and today’s object lesson of my Gramma’s truism is the two-part announcement I bring on behalf of the GB mod team.

The first part is a little bitter for me, though I’m sure it’ll be sweet for some of y’all (particularly those who feel Chris’ words above about being ‘long on things to say’ are apt to describe me): I’m retiring from all moderation duties here at RealGM.

I’ve greatly enjoyed my time on the mod teams, and all of y’all have made it fun and interesting as hell. THANK YOU to all whose paths have passed mine— you make this forum great and special, and you did the same for my time as a mod. I’ll still be on the boards and I hope you’ll keep in touch when you see me around.

To those whom I’ve frustrated, upset, or made enemies of over the years, I hope there’s no hard feelings; even if you disagreed with some of my decisions or I just rubbed you wrong, I hope you’ll believe that my intention was always to advance RGM's best ideals and make it nicer for everyone in this community. Though I’m certain I fell short of that goal many times, if you can forgive me those failures, maybe we can be pals after all.

My reason for steppin’ is pretty straightforward: the real world prevails for me right now, and though I plan to be back when I’m able to devote more time to it, I love RealGM too much to be a half-time moderator while talented folks wait in the wings to do it better; thus, the second, sweeter part of our announcement.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Join the GB mod team in welcoming on Harry Garris as our newest RealGM General Board moderator!

Harry Garris has been a RealGMer for a little over four years, and in that time, he’s consistently made solid contributions to the discourse here, in addition to being an ambassador of the kind of good will and constructive dialogue we love to see. He’s made a positive impact across the site and on the community at-large, and although every time I look at him, it seems like he’s getting another haircut, I know he’s going to be a great asset to the forums going forward.

Won’t you float him a heartfelt ‘congratulations’?

So along with bisme37, that’s two excellent new moderators to serve at the pleasure of RealGM’s General Board community, and one giant idiot with a weird mask fixation stepping down; what a time it is to be alive.

Thanks for reading this, and as always, hit up any of the moderators or forums administrator Howard Mass if you have questions or need help with anything. Big love and happy trails to every last one of y’all!

Lunartic
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,283

Re: ***TWO ANNOUNCEMENTS: NEW GEN BOARD MODERATOR AND... (All GB users, please read)*** 

Post#2 » by Lunartic » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:21 am

Harry Garris and-1d one of my posts so I'm confident he'll never ban me

I approve of this action
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,522

Re: ***TWO ANNOUNCEMENTS: NEW GEN BOARD MODERATOR AND... (All GB users, please read)*** 

Post#3 » by bisme37 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:55 am

What a great post about two important and well loved members of our RGM community.

Thank you Sammy and all the best to you!

And welcome Harry Garris to the moderating team!
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,970

Post#4 » by zimpy27 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:13 am

Sammy

Harry
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,774

Post#5 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:35 am

Sammy leaving us makes me very sad.

Harry joining us makes me very glad.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Romeiro Celtic
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,684

Post#6 » by Romeiro Celtic » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:40 am

Good to know Harry Garry is a mod now, really like the posts the dude makes, but feel sad about Sammy leaving.
Al Horford wrote:Brad Stevens is a genius, man.
Harry Garris
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,531

Post#7 » by Harry Garris » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:31 am

Thanks for the kind words and of your time spent moderating Sammy, you've done an excellent job
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,617

Post#8 » by infinite11285 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:01 am

Harry,

Sammy,
On behalf of the rest of the GB mods, we've put this heartfelt goodbye together. The GB community is going to miss you, bud.
Van_Trump
Veteran
And1: 1,266

Post#9 » by Van_Trump » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:28 pm

To Harry:

Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 32,922

Post#10 » by Reeko » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:32 pm

Congrats Harry.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
JimmyPlopper
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,553

Post#11 » by JimmyPlopper » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:11 pm

Sammy always seemed really thoughtful and while we never interacted directly, Id like to thank you for volunteering your time to make this a better place for everyone
you can't kill me - i was born dead
ken6199
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 18,558

Post#12 » by ken6199 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:38 pm

Borrowing one of the famous quotes from Dirk (the GOAT one, not the German basketball player)
First Timmy, then Manu, then Bryn Forbes, now Sammy, I don't recognize this Spurs anymore :(

Warm welcome to bisme and HG!
RealGM loves you, Melissa.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,774

Post#13 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:40 pm

The more I think about this, the more I've had it with this Kawhi BS. Everyone knows the real Spurs stars stay for 2 decades. Sorry retirement is canceled for Sammy.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,216

Post#14 » by Funcrusher » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:29 pm

Garry Harris would be proud
gh123 wrote:Zion lucky if he gets 18 ppg on decent efficiency. Midget big man is a no-career in NBA. Chuck being the only wonder. Zion is the next Tractor Trailer at best.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,811

Post#15 » by KingDavid » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:21 am

Dammit I'm going to really miss your entertaining yet informative writing style. Hope to get you back soon Sammy. Maybe consider writing a book? You have a talent for it.

Welcome aboard Harry Garris and again to bisme37.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,719

Post#16 » by DayofMourning » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:00 am

Welcome to Harry.

Farewell to Sammy....a legit, legendary poster on these forums.
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,062

Post#17 » by The Real Dalic » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:21 am

Nice. Harry is one of the most calm and rationale posters on here. Great to see him as a mod now!

Sad to see Sammy go though. One of the best and most hilarious mods on here.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,214

Post#18 » by niQ » Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:02 pm

Congrats both of you!
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,642

Post#19 » by G R E Y » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:08 am

So long and best of luck, Sammy. Hopefully you make your way around here again.

And welcome Harry Garris! Best of luck to you, too! The GB is a deep dive into modding. I know they've chosen well with you and bisme.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
The High Cyde
Head Coach
And1: 12,319

Post#20 » by The High Cyde » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:14 am

Damn, Sammy stepping down for the guy who likes getting posted up during a game? Waaaack

Lol great addition though

Return to The General Board