ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread - Part XLII

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,726

Re: Official Trade Thread - Part XLII 

Post#101 » by gambitx777 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:36 am

I wouldn't trade anything of real value for Simmons but I'll trade a ham sandwich and a bunch of nothing for kyrie.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,547

Post#102 » by NYG » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:35 am

What type of value would be required in a swap of Kuzma for Aminu's expiring contract from the Spurs to get the Wizards to make a deal?
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#103 » by gambitx777 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:30 am

NYG wrote:What type of value would be required in a swap of Kuzma for Aminu's expiring contract from the Spurs to get the Wizards to make a deal?
Considering I'm not ready to give up on Kuz i'D say multiple seconds or a first in 2023

payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,855

Post#104 » by payitforward » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:54 am

What's it got to do with giving up on Kuzma?

Hey, NYG -- let me turn it around on you, ok? Since you seem to want Kuzma, what would you offer? I.e. Aminu plus what else would seem to right to you?

Since we can't actually make any trades (darn it!), please try to give a fair response. I.e. not "how cheap can I go," but what you think might actually work in the real world. I'll be interested to get a sense of that.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#105 » by gambitx777 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:25 am

payitforward wrote:What's it got to do with giving up on Kuzma?

Hey, NYG -- let me turn it around on you, ok? Since you seem to want Kuzma, what would you offer? I.e. Aminu plus what else would seem to right to you?

Since we can't actually make any trades (darn it!), please try to give a fair response. I.e. not "how cheap can I go," but what you think might actually work in the real world. I'll be interested to get a sense of that.
I just meant I'm not ready to send Kuz out in a salary dump for a minor asset.

bsilver
Pro Prospect
And1: 462

Post#106 » by bsilver » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:59 am

payitforward wrote:
bsilver wrote:I've always been more of a John Wall type fan rather than Bradly Beal. More so with the covid situation. So trade Beal for Simmons and Maxey. Then we're a good defensive and rebounding team. Simmons would play a point forward roll, and wouldn't need KCP there. Would then need another trade to shore up the SG spot.

KCP has been a SG almost his whole career. If Beal were traded, he'd be our starting SG.

If I could get Simmons & Maxey for Beal, I'd do it in a minute -- especially b/c of the uncertainty around Brad's future.

But that trade would make little sense for Philly. For starters, how does Philly find enough minutes for both Brad & Seth Curry?

Plus, that trade leaves us with 16 guaranteed contracts. We'd really have to send out 2 guys in order to take 2 back. &, given that we'd put Simmons at the 4 -- where we already have a lot of players -- who's the other guy we'd send? Rui? Kuzma? Deni?

& if they send both Simmons & Maxey, who becomes their starting PG? & who backs up the position? Maybe Curry would move to the 1 for them...?

The headlines say the Sixers want a Lillard/Beal level talent for Simmons, but I really don't know how they would make it work. They'd definitely prefer Lillard, and Irving seems like a better fit.

I see Simmons playing SF for us rather than PF. Someone of Kuzma, Rui, and Simmons would have to play the 3.

Too many guaranteed contracts? Looks like we'd have to eat one of them, but it would be worth it.
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics — quote popularized by Mark Twain.
DCZards
General Manager
And1: 3,917

Post#107 » by DCZards » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:27 am

payitforward wrote:If I could get Simmons & Maxey for Beal, I'd do it in a minute -- especially b/c of the uncertainty around Brad's future.

But that trade would make little sense for Philly. For starters, how does Philly find enough minutes for both Brad & Seth Curry?

Are you confusing Seth Curry with Steph Curry?

Why would Philly worry about finding minutes for a backup SG like Seth when considering a trade for an all-NBA SG like Beal?
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#108 » by gambitx777 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:42 am

I have no interest in trading Beal for Simmons. I've said it a thousand times.

If we can get kyrie on board for almost nothing do it. Might make Beal happy to get another true star.

Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,062

Post#109 » by Dat2U » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:37 pm

Go get Kyrie at a serious discount and watch the 'Unvaxxed Bros' backcourt run roughshod over the league. If Wiz still 100% support Beal despite his stand, no reason not to double down and get Kyrie who would be the best player Beal has ever played with.

Kyrie + Beal + Gafford is the core a very good team that could win in the playoffs.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#110 » by payitforward » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:55 pm

DCZards wrote:
payitforward wrote:If I could get Simmons & Maxey for Beal, I'd do it in a minute -- especially b/c of the uncertainty around Brad's future.

Are you confusing Seth Curry with Steph Curry?

Why would Philly worry about finding minutes for a backup SG like Seth when considering a trade for an all-NBA SG like Beal?

:) -- Seth is a pretty good player!

Plus, he's under contract this year & next. "Find enough minutes" probably wasn't the best way to put it -- obviously, Brad would be their starter, which raises the question, "what do we do with Seth?"

But, I think I went on to answer my own question, didn't I? Seth Curry actually plays PG about half the time. He would back up Brad & take up their slack at the 1 as well.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#111 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:13 pm

Dat2U wrote:Go get Kyrie at a serious discount and watch the 'Unvaxxed Bros' backcourt run roughshod over the league. If Wiz still 100% support Beal despite his stand, no reason not to double down and get Kyrie who would be the best player Beal has ever played with.

Kyrie + Beal + Gafford is the core a very good team that could win in the playoffs.

Now would be the time to get Kyrie.
Bye bye Beal.
prime1time
Analyst
And1: 1,868

Post#112 » by prime1time » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:44 pm

Two names to keep an eye on are Mikal Bridges and DeAndre Ayton. Phoenix won't be able to pay them both. Both of those guys could slide into this team and fit perfectly. Ayton would gives us a center who could genuinely guard good/great opposing 5's and hold his on. Bridges just shot 50% from the field and 40%+ from 3 with good defense. Phoenix most likely can't pay both of them.
prime1time
Analyst

Post#113 » by prime1time » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:52 pm

I understand where the 76ers are coming from. Until they know for sure that they can't get Beal or Lillard, why trade Simmons? People on here have pushed trading Beal for a collection of middling players for years. I never understood the reasoning. With Embiid signing the extension, I'd rather pay Simmons to stay home and wait until a good star becomes available than trade Simmons for a collection of picks and players.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,070

Post#114 » by nate33 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:01 pm

bsilver wrote:
payitforward wrote:
bsilver wrote:I've always been more of a John Wall type fan rather than Bradly Beal. More so with the covid situation. So trade Beal for Simmons and Maxey. Then we're a good defensive and rebounding team. Simmons would play a point forward roll, and wouldn't need KCP there. Would then need another trade to shore up the SG spot.

KCP has been a SG almost his whole career. If Beal were traded, he'd be our starting SG.

If I could get Simmons & Maxey for Beal, I'd do it in a minute -- especially b/c of the uncertainty around Brad's future.

Plus, that trade leaves us with 16 guaranteed contracts. We'd really have to send out 2 guys in order to take 2 back. &, given that we'd put Simmons at the 4 -- where we already have a lot of players -- who's the other guy we'd send? Rui? Kuzma? Deni?

& if they send both Simmons & Maxey, who becomes their starting PG? & who backs up the position? Maybe Curry would move to the 1 for them...?

The headlines say the Sixers want a Lillard/Beal level talent for Simmons, but I really don't know how they would make it work. They'd definitely prefer Lillard, and Irving seems like a better fit.

I see Simmons playing SF for us rather than PF. Someone of Kuzma, Rui, and Simmons would have to play the 3.

Too many guaranteed contracts? Looks like we'd have to eat one of them, but it would be worth it.

This would be a good opportunity to send Kuzma to San Antonio for Aminu and incentive. Then cut Aminu and get down to 15.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#115 » by nate33 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:04 pm

Dat2U wrote:Go get Kyrie at a serious discount and watch the 'Unvaxxed Bros' backcourt run roughshod over the league. If Wiz still 100% support Beal despite his stand, no reason not to double down and get Kyrie who would be the best player Beal has ever played with.

Kyrie has said he might seriously retire if traded, so I don't know if that would work.

But if we could get Kyrie at a serious discount, I'd probably do it. I'd so something like Dinwiddie + Kuzma for Kyrie. It's either that or trade Beal and rebuild. The team as it is right now is stuck in NBA purgatory.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#116 » by nate33 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:08 pm

prime1time wrote:Two names to keep an eye on are Mikal Bridges and DeAndre Ayton. Phoenix won't be able to pay them both. Both of those guys could slide into this team and fit perfectly. Ayton would gives us a center who could genuinely guard good/great opposing 5's and hold his on. Bridges just shot 50% from the field and 40%+ from 3 with good defense. Phoenix most likely can't pay both of them.

They'll certainly keep Ayton. Bridges is the guy that could conceivably depart. I wonder if they would go for Bridges for someone like Advija? It gets them a 2-year reset of the contract. It would also give us the true SF we so urgently need. We'd have to follow up by shipping out either Kuzma or Bertans though. That's the only way to afford Bridges' next contract.

Hmmm:
PG Dinwiddie/Holiday
SG Beal/KCP
SF Bridges/Kispert
PF Hachimura/Kuzma
C Gafford/Bryant

I like the look of that team.
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,006

Post#117 » by Dark Faze » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:28 pm

Passing on a deal with the Dubs is going to look terrible by the break. Particularly now with Poole looking like he's on the verge of being a 20ppg level guy sooner rather than later.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#118 » by payitforward » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:15 pm

nate33 wrote:
prime1time wrote:Two names to keep an eye on are Mikal Bridges and DeAndre Ayton.....

...I wonder if they would go for Bridges for someone like Advija?...

:)
If so, ssssshhhhh, don't anyone wake them up before they sign on the dotted line!

To put it another way, no they would not take Deni for Bridges. They also would not take Rui for Bridges. Plus, to complete the circle, they would not take Deni + Rui for Bridges.

Oh, & I also see no reason whatever why they'll have trouble paying both Bridges & Ayton.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#119 » by Ruzious » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:38 pm

payitforward wrote:
nate33 wrote:
prime1time wrote:Two names to keep an eye on are Mikal Bridges and DeAndre Ayton.....

...I wonder if they would go for Bridges for someone like Advija?...

:)
If so, ssssshhhhh, don't anyone wake them up before they sign on the dotted line!

To put it another way, no they would not take Deni for Bridges. They also would not take Rui for Bridges. Plus, to complete the circle, they would not take Deni + Rui for Bridges.

Oh, & I also see no reason whatever why they'll have trouble paying both Bridges & Ayton.

Get both Bridges'. After Charlotte got humiliated so badly last night, they're bound to do anything.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
prime1time
Analyst

Post#120 » by prime1time » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:23 am

nate33 wrote:
prime1time wrote:Two names to keep an eye on are Mikal Bridges and DeAndre Ayton. Phoenix won't be able to pay them both. Both of those guys could slide into this team and fit perfectly. Ayton would gives us a center who could genuinely guard good/great opposing 5's and hold his on. Bridges just shot 50% from the field and 40%+ from 3 with good defense. Phoenix most likely can't pay both of them.

They'll certainly keep Ayton. Bridges is the guy that could conceivably depart. I wonder if they would go for Bridges for someone like Advija? It gets them a 2-year reset of the contract. It would also give us the true SF we so urgently need. We'd have to follow up by shipping out either Kuzma or Bertans though. That's the only way to afford Bridges' next contract.

Hmmm:
PG Dinwiddie/Holiday
SG Beal/KCP
SF Bridges/Kispert
PF Hachimura/Kuzma
C Gafford/Bryant

I like the look of that team.

I don't see it tbh. Avdija would have to play very well for this to be an acceptable option for them. And to the degree that Avdija shows promise we'd probably prefer to keep him that give Bridges a big contract. It's tough to find value in young guys. If they play well, it usually makes more sense to keep them. If they play poorly, then teams wouldn't want to trade for them.

Return to Washington Wizards