ImageImage

Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,786

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions 

Post#1821 » by tydett » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:10 am

If Nwora breaks out, think you guys might be forgetting a certain player on the Bucks roster whose $38 million salary (if jettisoned) next year could cover new contracts for all three of DDV, Allen and Nwora.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#1822 » by Badgerlander » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:30 am

Milbucks96 wrote:I would rather have Bryant over the Georgios guy, Over Justin Robinson also.

I’d waive all 3 but somebody has to play for the herd this year I guess
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,923

Post#1823 » by theFireBlanket » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:45 am

Milbucks96 wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

I would rather have Bryant over the Georgios guy, Over Justin Robinson also.

Over Hood for me. Bucks probably agreed to do Eli a favor for showcasing.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,923

Post#1824 » by theFireBlanket » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:47 am

tydett wrote:If Nwora breaks out, think you guys might be forgetting a certain player on the Bucks roster whose $38 million salary (if jettisoned) next year could cover new contracts for all three of DDV, Allen and Nwora.

Why would you trade the scourge of Dunn?

I'd rather have two wings with lights out shooting than just one. Why can't you have Ray & Redd? Khris isn't going anywhere. They'd be nuts to even dream of it now.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,111

Post#1825 » by giannis and 1 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:58 am

I think winning the championship this year should have a huge bearing on who we keep vs who we let go of. If we repeat, you have to prioritize the guys that were the most crucial in the playoffs.

If we don’t repeat, I would prioritize the younger dudes like DDV and Allen. The first guys I would be looking to let go of in order to free up money for DDV and Allen are Brook and Pat.

Also, if DDV and/or Allen ask for too much, I would try to sign and trade them so we at least get some sort of asset back.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,578

Post#1826 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:02 am

theFireBlanket wrote:
Milbucks96 wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

I would rather have Bryant over the Georgios guy, Over Justin Robinson also.

Over Hood for me. Bucks probably agreed to do Eli a favor for showcasing.

It's been a good preseason, but we'll actually have a very thin back end of the roster. They'll only carry 14 to save money, and they're stuck with Hood for 2 months. Kalaitzakas also isn't NBA caliber, and Donte is hurt. Semi hasn't practiced yet either, so we know the 10 man rotation already to start the year.

Good thing the top of our roster is the best in the NBA.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,026

Post#1827 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:52 am

tydett wrote:If Nwora breaks out, think you guys might be forgetting a certain player on the Bucks roster whose $38 million salary (if jettisoned) next year could cover new contracts for all three of DDV, Allen and Nwora.

Give this post props for out of the box creativity. The idea seems implausible and crazy at the moment, and probably is. But there could develop a scenario where you move him for draft picks and reload, while resigning the other guys for depth.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,578

Post#1828 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:24 am

SGs are a dime a dozen. It was easy to acquire Allen, and it will be easy to acquire his replacement.

Keep your playmakers, the big 3, and Nwora is trending in that direction. That's your core. Don't overpay for non-stars. We left that habit in the past.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,786

Post#1829 » by tydett » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:30 am

paulpressey25 wrote:

Give this post props for out of the box creativity. The idea seems implausible and crazy at the moment, and probably is. But there could develop a scenario where you move him for draft picks and reload, while resigning the other guys for depth.

Agree. Obviously don't think it's probably, or really even possible. If Bucks repeat (and we just continue the party on this forum), then no chance. But if the Bucks come up short, something is going to have to give with this team because our owners like their pocketbooks and we have three very expensive players.
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#1830 » by tedbrogen » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:48 am

giannis and 1 wrote:I think winning the championship this year should have a huge bearing on who we keep vs who we let go of. If we repeat, you have to prioritize the guys that were the most crucial in the playoffs.

If we don’t repeat, I would prioritize the younger dudes like DDV and Allen. The first guys I would be looking to let go of in order to free up money for DDV and Allen are Brook and Pat.

Also, if DDV and/or Allen ask for too much, I would try to sign and trade them so we at least get some sort of asset back.

Not sure what more Pat needs to show about how crucial he was in the playoffs than being a perfect top seven rotational piece on a title team. Unless he gets stupid expensive, they’ll keep him around.

If they sign and trade DDV or Allen, it will probably be the team they are going to doing the Bucks a solid and giving them a TPE because the Bucks would be letting them walk to not take on more salary. The TPE is still valuable for them as they can always use it for an in season trade.
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#1831 » by tedbrogen » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:52 am

paulpressey25 wrote:

If we learned one thing over the past three seasons, it should have been that the top end talent on a roster is way more important than depth, even if it means having only six or seven reliable guys for big playoff games.
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,491

Post#1832 » by Milbucks96 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:36 am

Keeping Pat for cheap instead of paying ddv is a smart money saving move that keeps you in contention. Trading Khris and replacing him with Nwora/Allen/Ddv this up coming offseason is not a smart money saving move and takes you out of contention. That’s some 2011 thunder thinking.

And if anything I would replace Jrue before I replace Khris. Jrue is older, a worst fit with Giannis, more injury prone and struggles to score against any decent playoff defense.
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,283

Post#1833 » by fan230 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:02 am

Milbucks96 wrote:Keeping Pat for cheap instead of paying ddv is a smart money saving move that keeps you in contention. Trading Khris and replacing him with Nwora/Allen/Ddv this up coming offseason is not a smart money saving move and takes you out of contention. That’s some 2011 thunder thinking.

And if anything I would replace Jrue before I replace Khris. Jrue is older, a worst fit with Giannis, more injury prone and struggles to score against any decent playoff defense.

Yes Khris is much more important for the team than Jrue.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,048

Post#1834 » by MVP2110 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:42 pm

So if Bobby, Semi, Hood and Donte can't go Tuesday are we looking at a likely bench of Hill, Pat, Nwora, Thanasis, & Sandro? With Georgios and Robinson as our only other depth?
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
Chad34
RealGM
And1: 5,215

Post#1835 » by Chad34 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:50 pm

MVP2110 wrote:So if Bobby, Semi, Hood and Donte can't go Tuesday are we looking at a likely bench of Hill, Pat, Nwora, Thanasis, & Sandro? With Georgios and Robinson as our only other depth?

did waters get cut? I think he could be productive
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,009

Post#1836 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:57 pm

Read on Twitter
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,003

Post#1837 » by midranger » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:59 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:

The Nwora breakout, Middleton trade for tax relief did occur to me. But then I was like, what would we want in return, and couldn’t come up with anything to make it worth it.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#1838 » by MVP2110 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:06 pm

Chad34 wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:So if Bobby, Semi, Hood and Donte can't go Tuesday are we looking at a likely bench of Hill, Pat, Nwora, Thanasis, & Sandro? With Georgios and Robinson as our only other depth?

did waters get cut? I think he could be productive

I'm assuming they roll with 14 guys to start the season like they did last year
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#1839 » by MVP2110 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:06 pm

Great news to get Horst locked up long term
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,990

Post#1840 » by Daver » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:19 pm

MVP2110 wrote:Great news to get Horst locked up long term

It is though im sure half this board is kicking their dogs right now cause of how many want him fired every time they lose more than 1 game in a row

Return to Milwaukee Bucks